650 Jericho Turnpike
Syosset, NY 11791Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rare650.com/
- Phone: 5164968000
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Hours: Opens everyday at 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Sean Blakeslee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catered Funtions from 20 people to 250. Please call Christine Walters at 516.496.8000
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Wednesday and Friday nights and live DJ on Thursday nights.
A word from RARE650
Executive Chef Sean Blakeslee has created a contemporary menu that has something for everyone. RARE 650 menu is is truly unique, combining tender prime dry-aged steaks with amazing sushi and seafood . Our international wine list offers over 700 selections, Sixty of which are available by the glass and recently awarded a two glass best of award from wine Spectator. Our magnificent wine room is the perfect setting for private events for up to 75 people. If you like the vibe and style of Hamptons, you're going to love... RARE 650's posh, new Outdoor Dining and Lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
RARE650 - Best Restaurants in Syosset ›
RARE650 reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)fit for foodies (81)notable wine list (76)hot spot (73)vibrant bar scene (68)romantic (64)good for groups (59)neighborhood gem (47)great for outdoor dining (28)late-night find (16)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014My boyfriend and I absolutely love this place! We've been here multiple times and continue to come back. Service is always excellent along with the food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MetfanDined on 10/23/2014amazing food, great service, I will return again. loved the lobster mac & cheeseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebjebDebjebDined on 10/18/2014Our entire experience was terrific! The request for seating in the terrace room was granted; the service was great; the food was delicious! Lobster bisque, lobster cocktail, Wagyu Beef, and a shrimp entree were all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No atrium seating pls.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014We celebrated a special occasion at Rare last week. At first we were seated in this atrium that has recently been added and asked to be moved. Quite frankly people shouldn't be seated there unless they specifically ask for a table in that section. That is more appropriate for a summer day Sunday brunch that for a nice dinner. It was loud and felt like a catering hall rather than a restaurant. Fortunately it was early enough that they were able to accommodate another table in the dining room. Don't be stuck with a table there. Make sure to specific when you make the reservation. Other than that it was a lovely evening and the food was good.
- CookieVIPDined on 10/16/2014Branzino was delish....oysters perfect (cocktail sauce was on point, which can make all the difference yummy cheesecake. Thursday nights turns into an over 30 dance club, music was very good if you're into that scene. Check it out, its fun for the night if youre bored!Special Features:
- Great placeHB921Dined on 10/14/2014Rare650 is great in every aspect of going out to a restaurant except the pricing. It is a bit pricey which is the reason I go there very ocaisionally. Should it have been a bit more affordable (dont mean cheap), I would have picked it more often. The food is lip smacking (though dessert menu can be improved a bit) service excellent if you have the right staff waiting on you. Overall a good experience everytime I come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/12/2014As always, Rare650 delivers with outstanding food and service. This is my go-to place!Special Features:
- Ok food for a high priceLjbevDined on 10/10/2014Beautiful restaurant but just Ok food for a very high price... Overstuffed but not such great service. We waited almost 2 hours for our food because they said they had a big party upstairs. Our burn broccoli came out ice cold for $13...they brought us a hot one but still.....Special Features:
- excellentkarenpDined on 10/10/2014Food delicious as well as service. Desserts superb.Special Features:
- Flawless!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/9/2014Our dining experience at Rare650 was flawless in every regard. The chef has the ability to create a dish with food combinations that are unusual and yet makes the heart cry for joy upon eating it. The service was perfectly timed, unobtrusive and helpful with suggestions and descriptions of the dishes on the menu when needed. We WILL return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovin' the new patioDSCZVIPDined on 10/9/2014HOLY COW, the NEW patio is Spectacular!!! Of course the food is ALWAYS delicious, the service is always attentive but now the restaurant has been taken to even a new height. I Love it EVEN more. I can't wait to be there on the new patio while the snow is falling softly on the glass ceiling patio with the ambit heated floor as well. FOOD and ambience.Special Features:
- Service Eh!WaitNoMoreDined on 10/5/2014The restaurant was virtually empty and wait staff was inattentive. Numerous times we had to pause our meal. The food (filet mignonette, veal chop & lobster) itself was quite good. I have been there when it's crowded and service was much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuck in the event room.schrockstarDined on 10/4/2014If you make a reservation at Rare650, you're basically just playing roulette with the ambience of the table you get. You might get lucky and get seated in the original/traditional part of the restaurant. Or you might get put into something they call "the annex", which is a greenhouse-like room that has a serious noise-echoing problem and is really more fit to be used for a large event; the ambience for a steak house dinner is poor if you end up seated there. Not worth playing the odds.Special Features:
- Great PlaceGoodFoodMaryDined on 10/4/2014It was a truly enjoyable experience with fantastic service and food. The restaurant was not too loud and the wait staff took time to explain all items that I could enjoy while being gluten free. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the first time should be a blast.RaffVIPDined on 10/3/2014I was not impressed at all. i head a lot of good things but no avail it was very disappointing. I went there with my girlfriend and they sat me in a room full of family in the atrium not impressive. The gentlemen that greeted me was a snob. I'm a regular @ Insignia and visited Black stone,I know people there and even when i did not know them they were pleasant not like Rare650 it was like i was doing him a favor dinning there. Just food for thought.Special Features:
- Good food Great AmbianceFoodjunkieDined on 9/30/2014Staff was friendly and went out of their way to please .... Definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Very expensiveNantipaDined on 9/29/2014We came here for a special occasion and knew in advance what the dinners would cost. My husband ordered a $95 steak (not unusual) that does not come with a side dish (also the norm). The steak was excellent, but I think he would have enjoyed a good steak at a reasonably priced restaurant just as much. Calamari and shrimp appetizer and the Caesar salad were excellent as well, but again, I have enjoyed much less expensively priced versions just as much. I would save this restaurant for an insanely special occasion. We were there mid-week and it seemed like the other diners were businessmen on expense accounts. So, everything was great, just too expensive.Special Features:
- Best of The ThreeMySundaySpecialDined on 9/28/2014A staff that finally listens to the customer completely. The best of the three....in order, Rare 650, Blackstone's and Insignia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "Rare" find on Long IslandWDJRDined on 9/27/2014This was one of the best meals I've had. The service and the food were outstanding. You pay dearly for it ($30 for two bowls of elbow macaroni and butter for 2 young children), but the majority of clientele that this place draws couldn't care less about the cost. It is clearly a place to see and be seen (and a place to have an excellent meal!) Go on a Tuesday or Sunday for a more reasonable dining option.Special Features:
- Very Disappointed!BABSVIPDined on 9/26/2014My wild salmon was overcooked and flavorless. I've had better salmon at the diner and for $20 less. Totally over priced. I wouldn't have minded paying $39 if it was delicious but it was even good. My husbands half chicken was good but again completely overpriced at $32. This place is overrated and I will not be returning. Blackstone is much better.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsDaveODined on 9/23/2014We have been to Rare650 many times and have never been disappointed. We decided to try the steak for two Tuesday for $99 and had a great time with leftovers to spare.Special Features:
- off the charts againOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/23/2014steak lobster and dessert were unreal. Service super efficient and friendly. Had great martini at bar before dinner it set the pace for the night. Left iPad on table. Called. They had it and locked away for me! Could not have been more helpful.Special Features:
- Great VarietyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014This place is outstanding... great bartenders, fantastic original menu... something for everyone... incredible sushi and not a Japanese steak house... a traditional steak house serving exceptional sushi... RARE indeed. highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great TimeChrisDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant showered us with hospitality from the moment we hit the valet. Welcoming, warm, and knowledgeable staff were amazing. You get what you pay for... and you will pay for it. I surprised my fiance with a dinner date, and she's still talking about it days later. Enough said.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014we took a friend here for dinner and it was wonderful. the service was exceptional and the steak was the best we have had in a while.Special Features:
- My anniversary dinnerLatoyaDined on 9/15/2014I came here with my lovely husband for a nice anniversary dinner. Every thing was great from the appetizer to the dessert it was amazing. I will be returning for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MY hot spotDSCZVIPDined on 9/14/2014yummy, juicy, hot, cocktail, sauce, smiles, wine, sides, dessert, FULL BELLYSpecial Features:
- Repeat visit but....NeilVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was as usual very good, but service not quite up to par for a restaurant of this caliber and price. The multiple servers for our table, seemed a bit disjointed, and impersonal. Having the "computer/register" I guess right by our table, added to the "factory like" atmosphere at this visit. We will likely visit in the future but please improve the service.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was amazing, as well as the environment, and the staff made it especially great!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING BUT TOUGHbevcowVIPDined on 9/13/2014we celebrated my husband's 75th birthday with our family of 9, including 3 children. everyone enjoyed a different appetizer and entree. unfortunately our steak for two was veiny and tough. if we had not been with our children we would have sent it back, but time elements did not allow us to do this. it was a tough ending to a great time.Special Features:
- Save your moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014Overpriced, though tasty piece of meat. Server had an attitude. Even the bread on the table was disappointing. Next time I want good steak I'll go somewhere that will give me more for my money.
- Good food but priceyandrewVIPDined on 9/7/2014I enjoy the food there very much. The service is terrific. I wish that they would some specials on off nights.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Outrageous pricesVisitorVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food and wine were fantastic. staff was perfect. we had a great time. The check was twice as much as it should have been. A thousand dollars for four people on Long Island is a bit obscene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTION AT RAREEdsreviewDined on 9/6/2014I set the reservation with opentable.com which was a great experience in it self under the notes section I added it was my 4 year anniversary and not only did the host wish us a happy anniversary but both of our waiters and most of even the bus staff as well. I arrived early expecting to wait at the bar which was beautiful but our table was ready instantly. Our drinks came out in about 5 min flat and made to perfection our waiter was extremely polite and informative. The food was cooked to perfection and came out in a very timely fashion. I have eattan at all the Scotto restaurants and Rare 650 fits right in with the beautiful atmosphere and indescribable foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a gemDSCZVIPDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant is always a staple for me. When I want good food, good service and a warm greeting I go to Rare650! Love it!Special Features:
- $99 Filet & Lobster for 2rkeatsDined on 8/31/2014I've been going to Rare650 often ever since it opened. I've enjoyed many meals with neighbors, friends and family. I've also taken business folks from all over the country and have recommended it to many others. I have always been a fan and not just of Rare, but also Blackstone. For the first time, I found the steak to not have the flavor of a true prime dry aged steak. I could not have been more disappointed. If the restaurant has decided to no longer offer dry aged steak, then it has the responsibility to change menus and marketing. The filet was dry and flavorless. The sides, the lobster and the desert were excellent. I would hate to stop recommending and patronizing Rare, but the meat has to be right.
- DisappointedEdandmieDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I dined at Rare 650 last year and had a wonderful experience. Unfortunately I can not say the same for our second visit. It was our anniversary and we decided to treat ourselves to a romantic steak dinner. The servers were great. Salads that were delicious. Both my husband and I ordered the rib-eye, medium. They looked delicious when they were served to us. My husbands steak was okay, but I was barely able to slice into mine. We let the server know and she apologized and said she would bring me another steak. When the second steak arrived it was the same as the first. Although they removed my steak from the check, and sent us home with dessert I would think twice before returning!Special Features:
- Veru gppd but costlytpt1Dined on 8/30/2014Food and ambience were very good and I could recommend but....I get get an equal or better steak a lot less expensive at other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, with great service!GreatDined on 8/29/2014The food was perfect and our service was second to none, recommend it to every one. Try to sit upstairs quiet and romantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Long Islands best!DrNoodleDined on 8/22/2014Rare650 is fantastic. The ambiance and decor beautiful and upscale. The service staff are very friendly, professional, and treat you with the utmost respect. Best of all is that the food is sensational. The steaks are cooked to your liking, presented well, and are very tasty. The maranade for the skirt steak is as good (maybe better) than Franks famous romanian skirt steak. My wife and I have eaten at Rare650 before and have had some of the seafood dishes as well such. The sea bass is to die for! This retaurant is very pricey but you get. What you pay for and more. Great place for special. Occassions. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.