650 Jericho Turnpike
Syosset, NY 11791Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rare650.com/
- Phone: 5164968000
- Hours of Operation:
Bar Hours: Opens everyday at 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Sean Blakeslee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catered Funtions from 20 people to 250. Please call Christine Walters at 516.496.8000
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Wednesday and Friday nights and live DJ on Thursday nights.
A word from RARE650
Executive Chef Sean Blakeslee has created a contemporary menu that has something for everyone. RARE 650 menu is is truly unique, combining tender prime dry-aged steaks with amazing sushi and seafood . Our international wine list offers over 700 selections, Sixty of which are available by the glass and recently awarded a two glass best of award from wine Spectator. Our magnificent wine room is the perfect setting for private events for up to 75 people. If you like the vibe and style of Hamptons, you're going to love... RARE 650's posh, new Outdoor Dining and Lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
RARE650 - Best Restaurants in Syosset ›
RARE650 reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)notable wine list (73)fit for foodies (68)romantic (65)vibrant bar scene (63)hot spot (61)good for groups (47)neighborhood gem (44)great for outdoor dining (23)late-night find (14)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)Show More
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014we took a friend here for dinner and it was wonderful. the service was exceptional and the steak was the best we have had in a while.Special Features:
- MY hot spotDSCZVIPDined on 9/14/2014yummy, juicy, hot, cocktail, sauce, smiles, wine, sides, dessert, FULL BELLYSpecial Features:
- Repeat visit but....NeilVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was as usual very good, but service not quite up to par for a restaurant of this caliber and price. The multiple servers for our table, seemed a bit disjointed, and impersonal. Having the "computer/register" I guess right by our table, added to the "factory like" atmosphere at this visit. We will likely visit in the future but please improve the service.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING BUT TOUGHbevcowVIPDined on 9/13/2014we celebrated my husband's 75th birthday with our family of 9, including 3 children. everyone enjoyed a different appetizer and entree. unfortunately our steak for two was veiny and tough. if we had not been with our children we would have sent it back, but time elements did not allow us to do this. it was a tough ending to a great time.Special Features:
- Save your moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014Overpriced, though tasty piece of meat. Server had an attitude. Even the bread on the table was disappointing. Next time I want good steak I'll go somewhere that will give me more for my money.
- Good food but priceyandrewVIPDined on 9/7/2014I enjoy the food there very much. The service is terrific. I wish that they would some specials on off nights.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Outrageous pricesVisitorDined on 9/6/2014The food and wine were fantastic. staff was perfect. we had a great time. The check was twice as much as it should have been. A thousand dollars for four people on Long Island is a bit obscene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTION AT RAREEdsreviewDined on 9/6/2014I set the reservation with opentable.com which was a great experience in it self under the notes section I added it was my 4 year anniversary and not only did the host wish us a happy anniversary but both of our waiters and most of even the bus staff as well. I arrived early expecting to wait at the bar which was beautiful but our table was ready instantly. Our drinks came out in about 5 min flat and made to perfection our waiter was extremely polite and informative. The food was cooked to perfection and came out in a very timely fashion. I have eattan at all the Scotto restaurants and Rare 650 fits right in with the beautiful atmosphere and indescribable foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a gemDSCZVIPDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant is always a staple for me. When I want good food, good service and a warm greeting I go to Rare650! Love it!Special Features:
- $99 Filet & Lobster for 2rkeatsDined on 8/31/2014I've been going to Rare650 often ever since it opened. I've enjoyed many meals with neighbors, friends and family. I've also taken business folks from all over the country and have recommended it to many others. I have always been a fan and not just of Rare, but also Blackstone. For the first time, I found the steak to not have the flavor of a true prime dry aged steak. I could not have been more disappointed. If the restaurant has decided to no longer offer dry aged steak, then it has the responsibility to change menus and marketing. The filet was dry and flavorless. The sides, the lobster and the desert were excellent. I would hate to stop recommending and patronizing Rare, but the meat has to be right.
- DisappointedEdandmieDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I dined at Rare 650 last year and had a wonderful experience. Unfortunately I can not say the same for our second visit. It was our anniversary and we decided to treat ourselves to a romantic steak dinner. The servers were great. Salads that were delicious. Both my husband and I ordered the rib-eye, medium. They looked delicious when they were served to us. My husbands steak was okay, but I was barely able to slice into mine. We let the server know and she apologized and said she would bring me another steak. When the second steak arrived it was the same as the first. Although they removed my steak from the check, and sent us home with dessert I would think twice before returning!Special Features:
- Veru gppd but costlytpt1Dined on 8/30/2014Food and ambience were very good and I could recommend but....I get get an equal or better steak a lot less expensive at other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Long Islands best!DrNoodleDined on 8/22/2014Rare650 is fantastic. The ambiance and decor beautiful and upscale. The service staff are very friendly, professional, and treat you with the utmost respect. Best of all is that the food is sensational. The steaks are cooked to your liking, presented well, and are very tasty. The maranade for the skirt steak is as good (maybe better) than Franks famous romanian skirt steak. My wife and I have eaten at Rare650 before and have had some of the seafood dishes as well such. The sea bass is to die for! This retaurant is very pricey but you get. What you pay for and more. Great place for special. Occassions. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoesDined on 8/21/2014The food including the steak was very bland. Not seasoned at all. For the price, should have been a lot better. Best part of dinner was definately the service and desert. The homemade donoughts were awesome.
- Excellent...as always!MamamDined on 8/20/2014Never disappointed with Rare650. The food, service and ambiance are top notch.Special Features:
- near perfectionlovely1Dined on 8/19/2014it was a nice experience but the restaurant lacked some annoying yet important details. Glasses were not polished, and there was actually food and lipstick found on glasses and utensils.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ken's reviewkemoDined on 8/17/2014i have been here a few times for various occasions, never disappointed. my wife and I decided to try the surf & turf special on Sunday nights, again not disappointed. we started with a drink at the bar, service was awesome and people sitting at bar were open to meet and converse, very comfortable place. we then went to table, maybe the tables are a little close but you make do. service and food were awesome, wine choice my waiter was great.Special Features:
- Spectacular!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2014Outstanding Food & Service!!! Not much else to be said. One of the top restaurants on Long Island.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousDSCZVIPDined on 8/12/2014If you want REALLY good food, great sushi, a GREAT steak (for me it's a NY Strip) and all the sides..THIS is your place!! and unlike Lugars, it does have a beautiful atmosphere!Special Features:
- TerrificRJBLADEDined on 8/11/2014Once again a great meal. This steakhouse delivers. Our Kansas City sirlion was the best i have had. Appetizers were delicous. Wine list is huge,great selections.Special Features:
- yummySparkledgpDined on 8/9/2014Drove out from Brooklyn to meet my friend here- we had reservations and I got there before she did- I was asked if Id prefer to wait at the bar or be seated. I found them very accommodating. There was a great wine list and the waiters were very attentive yet friendly so they didn't seem stuffy and uptight but still very professional. The food was PHENOMENAL! it is a little on the pricy side, but very worth it - The black truffle Mac n' cheese was very good. They have great seafood selections in addition to sushi and steak. A nice dessert list tops it off. The Valet parking was prompt. The ambiance was nice and the bar in the front had nice decor. there was also an outside area with chairs to relax. we definitely plan to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome..jenny54Dined on 8/8/2014We came in with a group of four, for our friends birthday. Dinner was amazing and keith was a great waiter. Very patient and even gas us some rubberbands when my friends heel broke. Rare650 will be a place ill return too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with my daughterKimster28VIPDined on 8/6/2014Service was excellent. Our steak was cooked perfect. Our mushrooms were not cooked enough. We had the Rare 650 roll the was delicious . Loved it all! Be ready to pay for the service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlooDined on 8/5/2014My friends & I visited RARE650 for my friend's 21st birthday dinner. We had a comfortable and elegant booth outside and the ambiance was cozy but eloquent. All of the staff we encountered were friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable of both the restaurant's food and wine. RARE650's sushi bar is great; they have a wide assortment of both classic and special rolls. Their kobe beef sliders are also wonderfully tasty. RARE650 also had a brilliant selection of beef cuts and fish for the evening which our table also enjoyed. I would also recommend you try their truffle mac&cheese, and homemade fries. For dessert, their chocolate wow really is wow-worthy. If you can afford it, also try LouisXIII cognac. Overall we would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great food, slow servicea1b2c3Dined on 8/3/2014Service was unusually slow. Food was great. I've been here many times, so I'll chalk it up to a bad night. Maybe they were short staffed. An apology would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Perfect service, never rushed, very observant. Excellent wine list good Spanish wine selection. The appetizers were wonderful. My rib eye was done just right and was delicious and my wife's lobster was shelled and presented beautifully. Coffee and desert finished off a wonderful evening. Worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick dinnerCatmanDined on 8/1/2014My wife and me went out for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We chose Rare650 because I grew up in Syosset and pass Rare650 quite often. We decided to dine there for our 1st time. Our menu was quite simple. We started w the lobster bisque and the grilled octopus salad. The bisque the best we've ever had and the octopus was outstanding. Our enter was an assortment sushi rolls. Each roll was better then the next and believe it or not, we had to take home some of the rolls because they were so filling. My wife enjoyed her Reisling while I sipped on my Belvedere Martinis. Service is great and the ambiance is excellent. The only thing I might be able to comment on was that the vodka was not chilled enough for my martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but priceyBillybobDined on 7/30/2014Restaurant opens at 5PM and that's when we arrived. Has valet parking. We had a Porterhouse steak for two. Meat was delicious and tender. As an appetizer, I had a slab of apple smoked bacon in a sauce - it was great. Desserts were also very good. Everything is ala carte. For two of us, 2 appetizers, 2 entrees (the porterhouse for 2), 1 side dish, 1 glass of wine, and 2 desserts price was about $200 without tip.Special Features:
- Terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2014Everything about Rare650 is terrific! From the valet when you arrive, to the staff, wine and food. Love it!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!MamamDined on 7/26/2014No matter how many times we go....we leave raving about Rare. The food. The service. Total package.Special Features:
- Rare is a rare find these daysKeeperDined on 7/22/2014Everything from the start to the finish was delightful. Dave the manager was gracious and informative. Staff could not do enough.Special Features:
- Great place!NYDiner63Dined on 7/21/2014We had the pleasure of dining at RARE650 the other evening. This is the only second time I have been there. The ambiance when you enter the restaurant / bar is stunning. The staff is friendly, attentive and are able to recall certain facts about their customers. I was amazed when one of the bartenders (can't recall her name) asked me a question about my job that only a few people would know. She said she remembered my face and what I drank from the last time I came in... which was over 2-years ago, which was my first and only visit since. That among many other things I've enjoyed at RARE650 have made my experiences outstanding.Special Features:
- ALWAYS A DELICIOUS EXPERIENCEDSCZVIPDined on 7/20/2014WHE I AM IN NEED OF A REALLY GOOD MEAL, WITH SOME REALLY GOOD SERVICE and a warm and professional environment. THIS IS WHERE I GO!Special Features:
- Why I Don't Listen To Reviews.vonGoetzDined on 7/20/2014What can I say, it was a total dinning pleasure and my wife of 29 years couldn't have been happy. Our booth was roomy and comfortable, the service was friendly, knowledgeable and their recommendations were on point. The food was fantastic with a twist that pleased a picky meat and potato guy like myself. The waitress recommendation on the red wine was superb; what else can I say? Valet Parking? Thanks for making me look good on my anniversary, warm regards.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/15/2014Fadji and her wait team are always amazing! They are exceptional with their service and knowledge of the menu. Great restaurant!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/13/2014My experience was perfect! Food was great and service was excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointinggingerDined on 7/12/2014We usually rate this restaurant above 5 stars, but our experience this Saturday was extremely disappointing. We had dinner reservations at 9:30, were seated next to the loudest party in the place, our sparkling water was tap water, my drink came out wrong, and then my $100 surf and turf was surf and dirt. The steak was so overcooked, I needed some water to swallow it. Then after asking the server to please give me it medium well, it came out burnt and raw inside. I gave up, didn't eat it and threw it out on the way home. TERRIBLE for a restaurant that is usually so up to par. I don't think I'll be coming back for a very long time, if ever. And we frequented this restaurant at least once a month.....so upsetting. I hope they read this
- THE BEST IN TOWN!ChicoDined on 7/12/2014Been here several times..........it just keeps getting better! From the minute you get out of your car til the minute you get back into it, you are swept away into a visual, atmospheric, culinary fantasy where perfection is only option. Go there for a special occasion, or no occasion..............but make sure you go!!Special Features:
- deedaVIPDined on 7/11/2014Everything was great. the food, wine, and service.Special Features:
- beachgirlDined on 7/11/2014Service was excellent we asked for a quiet table and got a perfect one. Food was excellent we each ordered an appetizer but only needed one portion was big enough to share. Very pricey but a great place for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.