4101 Pine Tree Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33140Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://raresteakhousemiami.com/
- Phone: 3055327273
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday: Closed; Saturday: 7:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Aryeh Goldenson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Private Room
A word from Rare Steakhouse
Rare Steakhouse is a unique space that fuses contemporary dining in a non-traditional kosher restaurant setting. It crosses the lines to create a singular synergy, bringing kosher fine dining to a new level. From interiors to cuisine, Rare Steakhouse permeates trend. "In a city littered with "classic American steakhouses,' you have to cook and present yourself with a little chutzpah to stand out," says owner Baruch Sandhaus. The goal, to redefine the cookie-cutter approach to fine dining for its respective clientele; while introducing a new way of dining for Floridians and travelers alike – removing the association that kosher cuisine is exclusively about religion. At Rare Steakhouse you can find some of the most prestigious cuts of meats available on the market. Rare Steakhouse is the one of the newest and coolest restaurant in town. It is a RARE find in a HOT location, but well done on prices and food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rare Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Shame they made it kid friendly. Was better before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative presentationelimarVIPDined on 7/8/2014This is a kosher restaurant which working with its limitation, presented dishes artfully. The dishes were served hot. The wait staff was well trained. Water glasses were filled and with a napkin wrapped around the pitcher so there were no drips. The 3 bean soup was hearty and had a bit of a bite which is rare for a three bean soup. The iceberg wedge was served in three sections with one served on a slice of red onion, one on a slice of red tomato and one on a slice of yellow tomato all garnished with crisp onion noodles. Had a hamburger on a moist, grilled bun, cooked as ordered and too big to finish most important was that the burger was almost without filler. Forget the religious context, food is good and portions can be shared.Special Features:
- The following 66 reviews are from the Rare Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Excellent upscale kosher diningswrrlgrrlDined on 4/30/2014Rare is an excellent kosher restaurant for a special dinner. In fact, it's an excellent restaurant all around. I've been here multiple times and the food never fails to be delicious and well-presented. The steaks are delicious and expertly cooked. The staff is generally very helpful and attentive. My only wish is that they still had the ropa vieja appetizer on the menu. It was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience! BeautifulHarleneDined on 3/30/2014Great experience! Beautiful decor but drapes need some workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost thereDrugadmanDined on 3/23/2014The Rare Steakhouse is a restaurant on the cusp of being great, but the food is just not quite there yet. The chef makes the mistake of assuming that every palate likes super sweet sides or excessively dressed and loads everything with sugar and covers everything with a gooey sauce. That sweetness and goo overwhelms the savory and simple elements of the food making it less than an ideal meal.
- Mixed bag, although mostly goodRoohooDined on 2/22/2014We had terrific service at Rare, although the meal ended up going rather quickly. Our hamburger slider appetizers were so delicious that we would come back just for those. Our waiter suggested a particularly large rib-eye, which indeed was quite good. But the sweet potato and truffle fries we ordered with it were bad - completely unacceptable at any restaurant, but at these prices and at this type of restaurant, their sogginess wasn't excusable. Also, the room left a lot to be desired; it was simply too big and the lobby/entry way were a little off-putting.
- well preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014we had a lovely meal meat was cooked to perfection the starter selection was ok the waiters it seemed a bit disorganised besides being a little pricey the all and all i would recommend this restaurant and i would come againSpecial Features:
- Best Kosher Miami Food EverJayjayDined on 1/30/2014I have been visiting the Miami Beach area for close to 35 years, Rare steakhouse is by far the best kosher food/dining I have ever had there, the management and all employees are extremely courteous and helpful, with a very hands on approach with customer service. During my stay last week I dined at the Rare twice, it was outstanding, from the food to the ambiance including the extensive wine selection, I had a special request which was handled in perfect manor, I would recommend Rare Steakhouse to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious but slowMayerDined on 1/26/2014Food was delicious, the Steak was really good but it took very long from start to finish, almost 2 hours
- The server was very friendlyAnnaDined on 1/12/2014The server was very friendly and accommodating but the food was just ok. We ordered burgers and they took over an hour to be served. When they did come out, they gave us the wrong burger order; the manager was called to "fix" our order. This new order took another 20 minutes to be served. It was a negative experience.Special Features:
- Good standard KosherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/5/2014Nice kosher meat restaurant in 41st Tower, Miami. I live in England, so glad to find a restaurant that is a proper restaurant and not just a kosher cafe. Good food and staff friendly.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/1/2014Very expensive and very bad service The food very normal for the price
- Delicious DinesfoodieDined on 1/1/2014The food was amazing, expensive but very much worth it. I highly recommend the beef carpaccio and the sliders. Although everything on the menu is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here. Wait staff was outstandinMiami4uDined on 12/31/2013Eat here. Wait staff was outstanding. Food quality and service were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food- Terrible ServiceMosheDined on 12/25/2013After editing over 30 minutes, got a busboy to take our order. Waiter never came by to say anything. Wonderful food. Very poor management. Great restaurants have managers who stop by and see if things are ok. A shame because food is great.Special Features:
- Rare that one has a good experienceRPaxVIPDined on 12/25/2013I have never in my entire life had a longer wait for a more mediocre meal in my entire life. Not only was the sushi tasteless, but it took an insane amount of time to receive the stingy tea cup of sauce that could have tried to save the meal. We, the Jews walked through the desert for forty years but once we were out it took another forty to get our spicy mayo.
- Disappointing and overpricedFoodsterDined on 12/25/2013tried to make a reservation 3 times and left voice messages . After being spilled on we moved.There was a lack of printed menus to the point that while ordering, the head waiter was gently pulling them from our hands.The spinach appetizer was bland, though the chicken poppers were good.Overpriced Angus steak was overly fatty and tasteless ($55!!!) and my daughter's "well done" steak was burnt on the outside and raw inside. We were not given steak knives until I asked 3 times. Someone ordered the salmon on a plank which was bland.When we were asked by the head waiter about our meal and were politely candid , we were told that it'll be better "next time" we come. Ha! By the way, they returned my phone call 2 days later..
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013A quality Kosher presentation as good as any other good restaurant. A for presentation A for quality A for taste A for price not cheap but which good restaurants are cheap Get what you pay for Would defiantly go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLovethebeachDined on 12/24/2013Returned to Rare on our frist trip to South Beach in 3 years. The new location is much larger but the drapery gives each room the same intimate feel. The Food was better than we remembered. Our guests do not keep Kosher and thought the food was as good as any non-kosher steakhouse. We were there Christmas Eve and I'm guessing some of the regular staff was out as the waiters were not up to the same quality as the food. Entrees were delivered to the wrong table, steak knives were not brought out with the Steaks (the meat was so tender. 2 members of our party ordered the Rare Classic steak and each was delivered with different sides and sauces (again the sides and sauces were so good that it did not matter). Great Food, Great Evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendAppreciatesgoodfoodDined on 12/18/2013Outstanding service Friendly and food was out of this world Great flavor Great setting will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedDaveDined on 12/2/2013Great food, very good atmosphere.....overall great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumQueensfanDined on 11/17/2013We ate at Rare twice in one week. Excellent food both times. Service was outstanding once, slow the other time. Menu was varied and consistently top quality food, presentation.Special Features:
- Little food for expensive priceAK1003Dined on 11/10/2013We ate here on Sunday night 11/10/13. The appetizers and entrees were very small portions, and after a meal that cost 104.00, we were still hungry although the little food we received was delicious. The waiters were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food butOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/13/2013Found this restaurant on open table. We were unaware this was a Kosher Restaurant prior to arrival. The food and service is excellent, the wine list is Kosher and we found them to be very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in a gymOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/11/2013The reviews we read before dining totally overstated the quality of the place, ambience of the restaurant felt like you were in a large gym in grade school eating hot lunch and steaks were way overcooked They should have taken the meal off the bill. Enough said.
- Wonderful Dining Experience904AlanDined on 5/29/2013To begin, Julie, our waitress was superb. Her timing was perfect and respectful of our privacy and speed at which the food was served. Overall, very nice evening...will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Very Bad Experience overallOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/28/2013My Wife and I were staying at a hotel nearby and chose this restaurant as we noticed it had good ratings but our experience was very disappointing. The wine list is very poor, the decoration is at it's minimum and very cheap, and the food was terrible. The tuna appetizer was fresh but flavorless, it got better after pouring a lot of salt and lime on it. My wife ordere a bone in Rib Eye whis was definitely not worth it's price and I had the chicken marsalla which I've had better ones at some regular diners. The only good experience was the service, very friendly.
- Service was Excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013Service was Excellent and Food was excellent and promptly served. Great for special occaisions. Very Expensive, on the top end of kosher restaurant food pricing in the Miami area.Special Features:
- Good food, bad place.pedro1949Dined on 2/14/2013The restaurant had good food and the waiter's attention. Over the atmosphere was terrible, too much noise, to our super small table, a cold by the door faces the months you are eating, horrible. The girls who work the front desk are not good at answering. Plus the food is excellent. I do not know if I would recommend this restaurant. Depending on each hit or not. 'll Come back or not, I think this has much restaurant as well or better than this, and the price $ 300.00 with two people of that money to go to a better restaurant. They still have to improve a lot.Special Features:
- My husband and I were in SouthOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/13/2013My husband and I were in South Beach for a few days. Although there are good restaurants, Rare gave us an opportunity for a quiet, delicious , Kosher meal. The food was attractively presented and well- prepared, and the steak was fabulous. We are Kosher and never eat meat in a restaurant--what a treat! The service was great. Damon, the server was funny and attentive. I would highly recommend Rare to everyone--you don't have to be Kosher to eat in a good restaurant!Special Features:
- Enjoyed our meal. ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2013Enjoyed our meal. Server was very knowledgeable and Friendly. Gave us good suggestions based on our preferences. Good for kosher and non-kosher dinners. Very high quality. Good single malt scotch selection as well.Special Features:
- great food pleasant ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/27/2013great food pleasant ambience. upscale kosher spot highlight of our miami vacation. so nice to have a place that is kosher, elegant, opulent and original. food is beautifully presented.Special Features:
- We order a sushi and a hamburgerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013We order a sushi and a hamburger and food took way to much time to comeSpecial Features:
- The good and the bad...ShabsDined on 1/22/2013Food and service very good, however very expensive. $400 for 3 people, which included a $90 bottle of wine (also overpriced)Special Features:
- Food is terrific and worthOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/20/2013Food is terrific and worth while the price Has a full bar and the service is excellent This restaurant moved form a nie location to a building that is a total turnoff. THe restaurant is one bog dinning room now, the valet parking is lousy.Special Features:
- we had dinner, whole 9 ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013we had dinner, whole 9 of us, was just grand! chanaSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed immensly, fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013Enjoyed immensly, fantastic service, great food...quite pricey but I guess that's to be expected.Special Features:
- Expensive, slow but recommended.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2013This was our 1st time dining at their new location at Tower 41. We had gone to the other location last January & loved it. They are still admittedly working out the kinks at their new diggs but the food was very good. The place was packed but we were seated immediately with our Open table reservation. When the food was taking quite a bit of time to come out of the kitchen, the waiter offered apologies, more bread, free wine for us and soda for the kids. Yeshiva break is always packed wherever you go so I will definitely come back on an " off" week again. Expensive but highly recommended.Special Features:
- If you balance it againstOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2012If you balance it against other kosher steakhouses, I would recommend. We went on a Saturday night and they did not have a bartender on staff and some of the food was not available. Frustrating.
- Worst Steakhouse FoodchrisVIPDined on 10/24/2012Worst steakhouse at which I've ever dined. Salad was soupy, steak thin and fatty and overcooked. Creamed spinich was creamless. Avoid. The OpenTable description of the restaurant is very misleading.