Rare Earth Wine Bar
28190 N. Alma School Pkwy
Scottsdale, AZ 85262Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Rare Earth Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rareearthwine.com/
- Phone: 4805136252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Gary Caruana
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cafe, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Rare Earth Wine Bar
Rare Earth offers the finest thin-crust pizza in Scottsdale. Beautiful views of the McDowell Mountains, a friendly staff and an enjoyable boutique-style wine list makes this a fantastic and comfortable experience for everyone. Monday every bottle of wine is half off all day. Enjoy Happy Hour every day from 4pm to 6pm. Check our website for entertainment, beer tasting and wine tasting events. You may also host your private event, big or small including fundraisers at Rare Earth. We look forward to meeting you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rare Earth Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- LOVE this placeDinrDivaVIPDined on 2/21/2014Rare Earth Wine Bar is a favorite evening spot for us with a relaxing, friendly feel to it. Unpretentious and really great spot for that "wine and pizza" kind of evening. The live music is always just right when they have it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Happy Hours and Weekend MusicPlaygoerVIPDined on 1/3/2014Very nice, relaxing atmosphere and good way to end the week. Delicious thin crust pizza, nice salads, excellent well priced wines and beers. The music is always good on Friday and Saturday evenings and children are welcome and seem well behaved. There is a buzz of conversation, but you can easily talk to your tablemates without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare Earth is a rare gem!DinrDivaVIPDined on 10/21/2013Love it, love it, love it! We try to get here once a week, especially Monday evenings since it's 1/2 price bottle of wine night :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MusicGalaVIPDined on 10/12/2013We had a simple dinner of pizza and salads but, it was very good. Server was professional and attentive and the music Stan Sorenson was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce placeYvonneDined on 9/21/2013Love Rare Earth! Their vegan pizza is my all time favorite and Simple Life wine!Special Features:
- Love everything about this place!ElisaVDined on 9/14/2013This is one of my favorite places and every time I go - I think why am I not here more often? I find myself craving the couscous and chicken - nicely seasoned with pistachios & raisins. A nice wine list, usually really good music and a great little outdoor patio. Waitstaff is always friendly without being intrusive. Location is great too - come check out this gem of a place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was FineRaterDined on 9/14/2013Food was okay but not "great" - pizza was served and was not really hot. Pizza came out while we were still eating our salad. Lettuce used to make the salad was warm. None of the staff seemed enthusastic to be there.Special Features:
- Good Pizza and SaladYufredDined on 8/31/2013European style salad. I love their homemade dressing. (Other restaurants put too much sugar into dressing and overwelme other flavors.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great entertainment alongOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2013great entertainment along with affordable food and nice wine list. c u again soonSpecial Features:
- DeliciousYvonneDined on 8/17/2013Rare Earth has my absolute favorite pizza of all time! Their vegan choice, the "Pizza Rhea" that is actually incorporated into the menu is loaded with goodies on top of a delicious crust! It goes quite well with a bottle of the "Simple Life" Pinot Noir that can only be enjoyed at select places around town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but hatd to converse.BobsBasicsVIPDined on 8/17/2013As always food and service was great. Didn't give a higher rating because the entertainer played so loud that you couldn'tvcarry on a conversation. Prefer music in the background while dining. Came to eat not for a concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatboblDined on 7/13/2013We opted for the salads, she had the couscous, I had the pear/walnut bleu cheese. I had to ask for more pears. The walnuts, tho numerous were a bit bitter and uninspired. Her salad was dry. Next time we'll try the pizza or sandwiches, they looked better. I say next time, because we thoroughly enjoyed the performer, Colin Barley. The wine list was adequate and reasonably priced, but the wines were nothing special. We will probably go back again mainly for the entertainment, because it is nearly impossible to find any live music anymore. Kudos to Rare Earth for recognizing the importance of this.Special Features:
- Inattentive serviceQuietproDined on 7/6/2013How to ruin a good idea. This restaurant has live music some evenings and that will bring guests in. However if the staff are not up to standard then everything falls apart. The owner must be wondering why his sales aren't up but he need look no further than his hires. Will not go again.Special Features:
- Great food & musical entertainment!NorScoDinerVIPDined on 6/21/2013Great neighborhood restaurant with good atmosphere, great food, and live music (Dan Emrey was fantastic!). Everything I have ever ordered here has been fresh, well prepared, and full of flavor! The "Taste of Chicago" pizza is one of my favorite pizzas in the valley. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing eveningDinrDivaVIPDined on 5/18/2013A nice relaxing evening with friends wine and live acoustic music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service. Uninspired salad.1AZChickDined on 4/28/2013Arrived at 6:15 and it was not busy, but the wait to take our order was excessive. The German Reisling was excellent. Ordered the pretzel bites, and sauces were so so. Shared the pear Gorgonzola salad with chicken, but the balsamic vinaigrette was bland, not enough pear or Gorgonzola and the chicken was cubed and cold. The pizza there is supposed to be good, but it's doubtful we'll go back.Special Features:
- Food was very good. NoisesunsfanaticVIPDined on 3/15/2013Food was very good. Noise level was so high the waiter could not hear our orders and conversation was next to impossible. many children running around in a "wine bar". Live string duo playing just added to the din as their music could not be enjoyed either due to the ambient ruckus.Special Features:
- We specifically went to hearOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013We specifically went to hear Bill Dutcher play. He was awesome. We would bring friends and family to see him again and enjoy the great wine.Special Features:
- Great pizza - not your regularOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/18/2013Great pizza - not your regular pizza menu; live music; go Monday and get a bottle of wine for half price!
- Monday night is half priceculaterVIPDined on 2/16/2013Monday night is half price wine night and with happy hour specials, you can get a terrific dinner and wine for a very reasonable price. There also was some nice music to enhance the evning. Try Rare Earth, you'll like it!Special Features:
- Not the service usually expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We had a reservation for Valentine's Day. The host's "greeting" to everyone was "Do you have a reservation?" rather than a hello, welcome, etc. And the 'host' was a buss-girl. We were seated immediately but our server didn't approach our table for at least 10 minutes. We noted that the people who came in after us without a reservation were approached and served their drinks before our order was ever even taken. Disappointing. When our food arrived, it was excellent; artichoke dip was warm and tasty and pizza was great, too. My husband's drink was empty when the server checked on us, but rather than ask him if he'd like another, she was about to walk away when he had to stop her to order another. Overall--fair experience, not great
- Fun!MichelleDined on 1/19/2013Excellent pizza and salads for a fun evening out. Great music!Special Features:
- Best Thin Crust Pizza in Town!DogulaVIPDined on 1/11/2013I know that everyone is always talking about who has the best pizza in town or the country, but if you haven't had the pizza here, then you stop boasting about the other guys. We have been to all the other pizza places, and this one is in our top three. Also, they have have live entertainment on the weekends and a great 2nd story patio with beautiful views. Check out this place, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Music, lights, cozy, wineDesertDameDined on 12/31/2012Music, lights, cozy, wine specials, pizza...a nearby go-to place with wonderful service. The artichoke appetizer is one of the best we've tasted. Also try the goat cheese & walnut salad to share. A sofa nook and bar on site.Special Features:
- Love this intimate, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Love this intimate, friendly locals hangout. Great wine list, knowledgeable servers, weekly specials, weekend music, outdoor patio seating in the finer months, cozy sofa seating in 2 nooks indoors, make it a favorite go-to for a wind-down. Somewhat limited menu but reliably tasty dishes with occasional specials keep it fresh. Look for small, unusual bands on the weekends - soloists + guitar, guitar + violin. This is a place where you can actually have a conversation without having to shout to make yourself heard.Special Features:
- Our waiter lost our order,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/29/2012Our waiter lost our order, so we waited over an hour for our food. When it came, it was delicious, however.Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening outside,culaterVIPDined on 11/26/2012Enjoyable evening outside, with great pizza, good service by the friendly staff and half price wines on Monday. What's not to love!Special Features:
- An old friend and I met atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012An old friend and I met at Rare Earth and we had a most enjoyable time! Loved the live music, the staff and the food! We know we will be back- with more friends!Special Features:
- We will return!BobsBasicsVIPDined on 11/11/2012Fantastic artisan pizzas and plenty of reasonable wines to select. Happy hour is a bonus.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the closeness toPoppyVIPDined on 11/4/2012We enjoyed the closeness to the Four Seasons Resort and the laid back, inexpensive option to eating at the Resort.Special Features:
- My wife and I went there forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012My wife and I went there for the 1st time to see and hear Walt Richardson perform. Although it took 40 minutes to drive from Chandler, we were pleasantly surprised by the location upstairs, the ambience inside and the wrap around outside dining area. We shared a salad & pizza (great pizza selections), had a few drinks and enjoyed the entertainment. Our waiter anticipated our needs and served us well. We highly recommend it and will be back.Special Features:
- We love this placeand comeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2012We love this placeand come here often. The service is friendly, food is great and prices are fair.Special Features:
- Great Food - Great View!DogulaVIPDined on 9/14/2012Love the thin crust pizza here. In my opinion, the best in the valley. The place is up on the second level so the views on the patio are fabulous. Plus they have free live entertainment on the weekends. Love it here!Special Features:
- FabiversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012Fabiversary! My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful date night at Rare Earth. We're locals and really enjoy the atmosphere. Will definitely be revisiting soon. Hope to be regulars!! :)Special Features:
- Pizza, salad and wine! Perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2012Pizza, salad and wine! Perfect. The entertainment was great that night too!Special Features:
- The Pizza was excellent, albeitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2012The Pizza was excellent, albeit small if ordering for more than one person. The house wine was a bit young, but fairly priced. The service was outstanding and the Happy Hour deals looked great, Overall, we were pleased with the restaurant and will drop in again.Special Features:
- Went for happy hour and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2012Went for happy hour and had the pear/walnut salad, spinach/strawberry salad and shared a margherita pizza. The salads were delicious and the pizza was decent. Service by Jen was attentive without being intrusive. Live music (guitarist) was very good. Kind of a coffee house atmosphere. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- The best neighborhood restaurantDANNYVIPDined on 6/4/2012Rare Earth is a restaurant where you can always get great pizza, great sandwiches and great service. Not to mention the great wine selections. We are never disappointed and love it there.Special Features:
- They had live acoustic musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012They had live acoustic music that was perfect! we were celebrating mothers day. The food was great as well!Special Features:
- Not a big place but we reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012Not a big place but we really enjoyed the atmosphere. My wife and I may go back just to enjoy a drink and appetizers. It had a TV like a sports bar but was still an upscale atmosphere without a lot of noise and hoopla so you could enjoy the meal.Special Features: