303 e main st
Charlottesville, VA 22902Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.clubr2.com/Rapture
- Phone: 4342939526x
- Hours of Operation:
lunch Monday through Friday from 11:30AM till 2:30PM,
Brunch is served Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 until 3:00
Dinner is served 7 days a week from 5:30PM until 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Humphrey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties of 15-45 in our banquet room (with a dedicated bar). We can offer a limited or prix-fixe menu, or guests can order off of our regular menu.
- Entertainment: Live music most Wednesdays.
DJs and live bands on the weekends.
Dance club on the weekends. Salsa on Sunday nights.
A word from Rapture
Rapture features playful, farm-to-table Southern cuisine in a swank-but-cozy atmosphere. We have outdoor dining, billiards tables, and live music several nights a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rapture reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)good for groups (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- lovely dinner outMayaDinnerDined on 10/10/2014We enjoyed dinner out with friends at Rapture. Our dinner was quite good. I did have a little bit of difficulty with the menu. I do not eat meat and the only option on the menu that was not meat with shrimp and grits, the fish specialty was cat fish which I would never eat. Other than that the food was good. I do not eat a lot and so I usually take home half of my dinner. The appetizer and dinner portions were small. I ate all of both and then ordered dessert, which I never do.Special Features:
- Open Table Integrationlike2bookonlineDined on 9/26/2014I was wondering how integrated Open Table is with the restaurants it lists? Rapture seemed to know that I had made the reservation on Open Table when I told them, but other restaurants, whose names need not be mentioned, seem to not know what Open Table was or thought that I should have called instead of booking online. Even though I had booked online several hours before arriving, the hostess seemed oblivious to the fact that we had made a reservation. Is this common? It's an awkward experience when you know you did something and the other person who should know doesn't have a clue. If this is the case, I'll just stop using Open Table all together and call instead.Special Features:
- DC23Dined on 9/13/2014Really more of a bar than a traditional, sit down restaurant.
- Wonderful foodEatWellDined on 7/22/2014Friendly servers, great outdoor seating (and dogs are allowed), and the BEST food!Special Features:
- So yum!Gemini0660Dined on 7/19/2014This was our first visit after reading about them on foodie sites. By chance, we visited during C'ville's Restaurant Week and, thus, had a limited designated 3-course menu, but were stunned at the quality we received for $26/dinner! We ate outside, on the mall, so cannot honestly comment on the 'ambiance' of the restaurant, itself. But I will say, the food was stellar, and if you enjoy eating on the downtown mall while people watching, this place is a 'must go'!Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Rapture reviews archive.