Rapscallion Seafood House & Bar
1555 S Wells Ave
Reno, NV 89502Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Rapscallion Seafood House & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rapscallion.com/
- Phone: 7753231211
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-2:00pm
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-4:00pm (bar)
Dinner: M-Sa 5:00pm-Close
Brunch: Su 10:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mina Fong
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Rapscallion features live entertainment Thursdays and Fridays. Call for this weeks artist and times.
- Cross Street: Vesta
- Public Transit: There is a bus stop located just outside our building and a bike rack on our property for our pedaling friends.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Rapscallion offers a private parking lot adjacent to our building off of Vesta Street. We also own a lot across Vesta Street. It is clearly marked Rapscallion Parking and is located just south of our building.
A word from Rapscallion Seafood House & Bar
The Rapscallion Seafood House and Bar is like no other dining experience in Reno. For over 36 years this independently owned and operated Seafood House has been raising the bar for other restaurants in the biggest little city. With over 20 varieties of fresh fish daily, 35 wines by the glass, 300 selections by the bottle and a professional staff it is easy to see why. The bar is loaded with premium liquors and cordials and certified Angus Steaks share the menu with the seasons best aquatic offerings and locally grown organic produce. The lunch menus five specials change based on the mornings deliveries and is a favorite to both busy professionals and leisurely lunch goers. Whether your enjoying our Sunday Champagne Brunch with ten family members, our six day a week happy hour with a co-worker or an intimate dinner in one of our private cabins with that special someone, its easy to see why Rapscallion has been voted Reno"s best since 1977.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Rapscallion Seafood House & Bar - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Rapscallion Seafood House & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)romantic (49)neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (26)good for groups (16)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not what it used to be.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Service was outstanding, let me say that, but that's not what a restaurant is; food is what defines a restaurant and let me say, the food here has gone downhill. The coconut Cajun prawns were not spicy and tasted like they came out of a frozen bag. The salad was an absolute joke. The main, lamb chops, was superb albeit mildly bland with accompanying sides nothing special. I used to come year often, years ago when the food was worthy of boasting to the general public about. Now, I sway people away when asking for a recommendation. Something happened, and whatever that may be, it certainly wasn't for the better.Special Features:
- One of Reno's best!CgoldbshDined on 10/17/2014So far, Opentable has yet to disappoint. Two different cities, three different restaurants, no problems getting in or the restaurant not having the reservations. I would highly recommend the Rapscallion for seafood dining! Lots of great choices, service was timely but not borish. Prices modest certainly in keeping with other good seafood or steak houses. Do yourself a favor and enjoy a good seafood diner in one of Reno's top spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerspiritwolfDined on 10/16/2014It was the first time there. My wife and I. we're very surprised that the overall experience was almost perfect. I loved the ambience with all of the wood. Our waiter Tui, was very knowledgeable and very pleasant. We will most definitely be back. We have to try more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Hidden Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Sitting at the bottom of Wells, is a sleeper - nothing flash on the outside - almost nothing flash on the inside (except for the "cabins" on the back wall), which again are understated. This is a destination restaurant when I am in Reno! The seafood list is remarkable, the steaks are generous, the appetizers are noteworthy and the service is ever present but unimposing. I have never really had enough room after a meal for their desserts. I always bring a new friend or two to Rapscallions just to surprise them, as well as have a quiet dinner. I made our dinner reservations by e-mail from Chicago, and requested a "cabin" - it was ready and waiting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HerculesDined on 10/9/2014fine dining..atmosphere is very romantic..dark wood and white cloth..not many places like this remain..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good seafood placeStratmanDined on 10/9/2014I've been dining there regularly for over 15 years. The seafood is almost always vey good to excellent though the ciopino and crab cakes could be improved. The service is usually very good but depends on your waiter. Desserts are luxurious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Renofish42Dined on 10/9/2014In general food and food presentations were excellent. My halibut was somewhat overcooked (at least for me) so be sure to specify instructions (tho that should be a foregone conclusion for fish and a restaurant that specializes in fresh fish!) Would definitely return. Interesting menu. Nice wine specials. Good, quiet, unobtrusive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour DinnerFoodessVIPDined on 10/9/2014This restaurant offers a very good selection of high quality bar food items, plus decent house wine.. Very good selection of beers, as well Friends and I sampled the Tuna Poke, Beef Sliders,and Chicken Quesadilla . The Ahi Poke was the best, but all were delicious. We usually go here for the indoor fine dining, but the Happy Hour is an inexpensive way to enjoy the delicious items of Rapscallion.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, but not for vegetariansrenocyclistDined on 10/7/2014Rapscallion is a beautiful restaurant. The dark wood, the cut leaded glass. It is beautiful. People like the seafood, which I hear is good. But if you're a vegetarian, this is not the place for you.Special Features:
- Best SeafoodseafoodheavenDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant has it all, ambiance, service, great seafood selection, moderate prices, and best of all great taste. Good Job!Special Features:
- Delicious!DeannaDined on 9/26/2014This is one of our stops every time we come to Reno. A must for any seafood lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KirstenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We have visited many restaurants and " happy hours". Our favorite is surely Rapscallion! We especially enjoy hour, but what makes it really special is Kirsten, the young lady that serves our table each friday night in the bar. She is personable, friendly and warm, attentive with superior customer service skills .We love this delightful young lady!. Thank you for this opportunity to give our most positive feedback to you. Please also know that on the few occasions when Kirsten was not working, our service from the ladies at the bar and at our table were also very good, its just that Kirsten is our very favorite. See you very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two for one Tuesday!GeekyGalDined on 9/23/2014We took our relatives from Portland OR for the two for Tuesday. We had a great time visiting. The services was good. Everyone except me loved their food. For the two for Tuesday thee are several choices between chicken, fish and beef. I ordered the chicken parmesan. I forgot it was breaded and fried. I don't like breaded and fried food. My sister-in-law had the same dish and loved it. It was my mistake. One person had the baked salmon and enjoyed it. So, I can recommend this place, but think before you order. LOLSpecial Features:
- sksRenoDined on 9/22/2014We had friends come in from out of town and wanted to treat them to one of Reno's special places. The Rapscallion did not disappoint! The food was fabulous (as always) and the service impeccable. This is truly a Reno gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantMarleneDined on 9/18/2014As always, Rapscallion produced - great quality in every aspect. That's why we keep coming back. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Great help for our special needsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014We needed a table for a guest that had recent hip surgery and one that was hard of hearing. Both were well taking care of with the perfect table!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific pre-show dinnerrickbDined on 9/16/2014Arrived early to enjoy the great happy hour specials in the bar. Long-time bartender is very pleasant and welcoming/bar area is a popular after work spot! Sole almandine and sirloin fillet were both excellent along with salads and terrific bread pudding for dessert. Appreciated our waiters advice on how to order my steak -- medium was exactly the way I like it -- pink inside and a nice crust outside. Enjoyed sitting in a "dining cabin" for the first time. We are definitely looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Always good...clcADined on 9/13/2014Have been dining at Rapscallions for years now... You can always count on it! Wonderful food and great service! Perfect for a large group or a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experiencesfdhDined on 9/9/2014I took my family of 6 adults here on a Tues eve. as I was in the mood for seafood and it did not disapoint! Everyone seemed very happy the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Very romantic and quiet. Food presentation was outstanding with flavors to match!Special Features:
- Downtown FavoriteLoraMVIPDined on 9/6/2014Skip the casinos, Rapscallion is the best place downtown for seafood! It's off the main drag (Virginia Street), but definitely worth finding. Best FRESH oysters!! Service is exceptional and the food never disappoints.Special Features:
- Disappointmentluv2eatDined on 9/6/2014Rapscallion's was a great disappointment to me. I hadn't eaten at Rapscallion's for 2 years and was looking forward to a delicious meal with my husband. I ordered the heirloom tomato and field green salad with balsamic vinegar. The salad was literally drenched in balsamic vinegar. All I could taste was the balsamic vinegar. I also ordered the ahi tuna tartare. Ahi has a delicate flavor and I couldn't taste the tuna. I only tasted sesame oil and a slight hint of green onions. The ginger that accompanied this meal was pickled ginger. It should have been fresh ginger. My husband's mixed seafood dinner was dry. Needless to say, when we return to Reno, we will not be eating at Rapscallion's.
- Never disappoints!MarianneDined on 9/6/2014One of Reno's finest restaurants! The Tarragon Diver Scallops were divine, Sole Almondine cooked perfectly, Calamari so tender. Our server, Andee was excellent & very friendly & accommodating. We return here again and again when in Reno for their wonderful food, ambience & service. Prices are very reasonable for the ample servings.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hours!CarynDined on 9/6/2014I love the Happy Hour times!! They have TWO, with the only not happy hour time between 6 & 8! And they have a new "Secret" Happy Hour menu! It's a great place to chill out and enjoy!Special Features:
- My favorite Reno restaurantfoodebrat2VIPDined on 9/2/2014Rapscallions is my favorite restaurant in Reno. The Kuleto interior design is welcoming and warm. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. Our waiter had good answers to our food and wine pairing questions and just all around helpful. The Dayboat Scallop dish was delicious and cooked to perfection. The Ahi Tuna Tartare was awesome. I just love this place!Special Features:
- Lackluster serviceMileKingVIPDined on 8/30/2014Lackluster service, but an otherwise very good meal. Server seemed somewhat lost. She disappeared shortly after bringing our wine and it was 20 minutes before she took our order. The table next to us, who were seated after we were, were enjoying their meal shortly after our order was taken so it didn't seem to be an issue with the kitchen. Given the quality of food and atmosphere, we'd give Rapscallion Seafood House another chance if we were in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Puget Sound (WA) VisitorWorldinerDined on 8/23/2014Our entrees were swordfish, prime rib & seafood fettucini... the prime rib, fettucini and one swordfish entrees were superb. There was a misunderstanding on the crusted tropical swordfish which was corrected with very flavorful results. Even our finicky 4 yr old grandson was pleased with his dish of broccoli. Rapscallion was recommended by a coworker in the late 80s and we've experienced Excellent Food & Service ever since at least once/twice yearly. We've recommended Rapscallion to many others and have received positive comments, especially during the earlier years when Reno was more of a destination for gaming enthusiasts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to lunchPanhardguyDined on 8/21/2014I always enjoy eating at Raps. It's a great place to take friends for an intimate and satisfying time. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World atmostphere & great food!SeafoodloverDined on 8/20/2014This was our first visit to Rapscallions and we'll definitely return! The best seafood selection I've seen this side of Seattle! Everything tasty, well-prepared and presented from the calamari appetizer (plenty for 4 people) to the mud pie dessert (again, more than enough for 4 people)! The ample amount of booth seating makes this a great place to meet friends for an intimate and relaxed evening! The service is wonderful and everything was well-timed and paced! An all-round wonderful experience!Special Features:
- theolfoxDined on 8/19/2014Just a great meal. Everything was a-one. Service was outstanding, as was the food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Reservation was for 6:30. Arrived 45 min early. Stopped in the bar for a drink. The old wood and glass creates a nostalgic atmosphere. Bartender was great: friendly, made a good recommendation on drinks, good interaction with everyone around. Checked in with the hostess, who promptly seated us in a cozy booth for 2 (we were given a choice of booth or table). Server was very good and knew the wines. Ordered Sea Bass & Horseradish Halibut. Bass was great; Halibut seamed to be lacking the horseradish (maybe my taster was off - but it was still very good). Both were fresh, as they should have been. Mud pie & Pecan pie for dessert, both great. Mud pie was enough for two! Wine selection was good. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalRenogalDined on 8/12/2014The restaurant was almost empty when we arrived. We had reservations and were sat at a table instead of a booth. The restaurant slowly filled up and the new people were all set around our table, which made the noise level go up considerably. Just a suggestion would be to spread out the patrons to different areas until the it fills up. Then the noise level would be more tolerable. Otherwise, everything else was very nice. Felt the prices were reasonable. Had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuna tartare!!!TunaVIPDined on 8/11/2014The best ahi tuna tartare I have ever had! I would go back just for that. The service was prompt and friendly. Really cool both seating too. I'd love to bring a big group and have one of the bigger booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!HoneymoonersDined on 8/11/2014We went here for a nice dinner on our honeymoon, the oysters, drinks and meal were delicious! Can't wait to go back! We thought that the prices were slightly high but the food and service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurntCioppinobrothDined on 8/9/2014We ordered the bacon wrapped scallops. There was more bacon and sauce than scallop. Couldn't even taste the scallop. We waited 40 minutes for our dinner. We order Cioppino and the crab crusted halibut. The Cioppino sauce tasted burnt. No garlic or wine flavor at all. The shrimp and scallops were way over cooked. Sent it back because we couldn't get the burnt taste out of our mouth. The crab crusted halibut was very bland. It didn't taste like it had been seasoned at all. The rice with spinach it was layed on had so much wine and garlic flavor it was very distastefull. Didn't even stay to order dessert because we had already struck out three times. It will be a very long time before we can see ourselves coming back.
- Birthday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014We were in the bigger room at the front of Rap. There was a large party in there already when the 5 if us entered. Noise level very high. We had apps, drinks and entrees. Server did not bring dishes for apps. Bread ran out. Water needed filling. We had to ask for everything. Three entrees delivered first. The other two which were prime rib came later. Server said there was a "problem" with the prime rib??? Salad and app dishes not removed before entrees arrived. The food was tasty but have had better there before. Have been there 3 times recently. This was the least enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great service and lovely mealtomatoheadDined on 8/8/2014We were treated very well and put in a nice, secluded room for my mother in law's 70th birthday. The food was great in an old fashioned stead house way. We had the crab stuffed monkfish and the prime rib and all were cooked as ordered. You can dress casually or for a fancy night out. It was a nice touch to be offered a complimentary dessert (cheesecake, sundae, or bread pudding) for the birthday girl.Special Features:
- DavelikestoDineDined on 8/8/2014I hadn't eaten at Rapscallion's for several years but I've always enjoyed my meals there. This time was for a special occasion and we had a terrific booth with low noise levels, the wood grain around the restaurant gives a very high end atmosphere and the food was outstanding. The waitress was in tune with our needs, came to check on us just the right amount of times, and she was very considerate and friendly. The prime rib was excellent and the crab crusted halibut was something I'll need to come back for. Nice job Rapscallion's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbienceChelesmomDined on 8/5/2014Great place for couples and special occasions. The Tuesday night special at $37 for two is fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed Rapscallions!findinggoodeatsDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I came to Rapscallions for our date night and we loved it! You can tell it's a well-established restaurant. The low, ambient lighting was perfect and romantic. My favorite on the menu was the bacon wrapped scallops... I'm wishing I had ordered some to go. The staff was attentive and extremely cordial and professional. After living in the area for about 12 years, I'm really glad I can finally say that I've eaten at Rapscallions.I would recommend this to a friend.