180 Prince St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.raouls.com/
- Phone: 2129663518x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: David Honeysett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Private room seats up to 22 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Eddie Hudson 2129663518x
A word from Raoul's
Casual French bistro open and thriving for over 30 years in the heart of SoHo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary French
Raoul's - Best Restaurants in SoHo ›
Raoul's reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (44)romantic (37)special occasion (31)vibrant bar scene (29)late-night find (25)hot spot (22)good for groups (13)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- ChowhoundDined on 9/21/2014Always enjoy Raoul's....... Food & service are consistently good & we love the electic cosy atmosphere! A real winner!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014We're Texans visiting our son in NY. This was a bit of a hassle to get to in the rain, but totally worth it. Great food, wonderful ambiance, helpful waiters and staff. The food was very authentic, tasted like a meal in Florence or Rome. Only downside was it was loud (restaurant is very small and cozy and it was a Saturday night), which sometimes made it hard to hear our companions.Special Features:
- passionatefoodieDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed our dinner... we had skate and halibut --both beautifully cooked. Waitress was friendly and sweet. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014Loved the food, loved the martinis, loved the atmosphere...loved it!Special Features:
- Grate experienceAGG1Dined on 9/3/2014The food was delicious, nice drinks and the mix the beverages as you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeGeoffrey7Dined on 9/3/2014Raoul's is a neighborhood staple in Soho that nevertheless manages to be really good year after year. Just great, simple and delicious.Special Features:
- French Bistro ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent all around. A classic that you can go to once a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014The food was all-around excellent. I went among a group of five on a Saturday night. We had the octopus salad and the entrée tuna to share, both were dope by unanimous decision. I had the sea scallops as a main and they were perfectly prepared. Good cocktails, solid wine list. The one potential hitch for prospective clients was the ambience, between volume of the (awesome) music and the wall-to-wall erotic art. It served us well as a group of friends, but I imagine a first date would be better conducted somewhere with a softer vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food as alwaysLatifkDined on 8/24/2014Ive been coming here for years. Ordered the lamb chops and it had to be the best lambchops ive had in years... Dont know how they continue to make each dish better than the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experienceJarretDined on 8/23/2014Came here with my wife to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The meal was perfect from beginning to end. Service was spot on and the ambience is fun yet still romantic. We will no doubt be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been there for years, still greatSizeVIPDined on 8/22/2014And its great - tight seating, otherwise a nice dining experience - no rush, great service and high quality food. Wine selection is ok.
- Classic NYST13Dined on 8/19/2014one of the few ny restaurants that i keep going back to again and again. the food is always spot on, the service is exceptional and the environment very warm and "coolSpecial Features:
- CDMNUPVIPDined on 8/18/2014This place was very dark. The tables were crowed. The waiter was always busy so finding him was a challenge.Special Features:
- Soho Must DoNancyOTRVIPDined on 8/15/2014Raoul's is one of those places you just must do when visiting Soho. It is fun and the food as well as the clientele is very interesting. Go with others or go alone. It's a great place to share with someone, but also great just to sit back with a nice wine and watch it happen. It's amazing.Special Features:
- THE BEST IN NYCnonicknameDined on 8/6/2014IT'S THE BEST RESTAURANT IN NYC. I was in NYC for 6 nights and ate there for 3 of those nights.Special Features:
- My favorite placeAndieVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food at Raoul's is the best! Always innovative in a good way, not "fancified ". Knowledgable, courteous, fun wait staff, and downtown ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great kitschy dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014Great food and mood in the middle of SoHo. We had a late meal on a beautiful summer night. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for the foodeatyouDined on 7/26/2014Lovely looking restaurant, good service, mediocre food. Was hoping for much more flavor but instead was served very bland, dialed in cuisine. Too bad, the atmosphere is very nice.Special Features:
- Great all aroundOpenTable1VIPDined on 7/20/2014Had the skate fish and colleague had the halibut. both were delicious. starters and desert were also tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GastonSingeVIPDined on 7/18/2014Raoul's makes for the most reliably perfect evening every time. Food and atmosphere are top notch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing placeladywholunchesDined on 7/12/2014i've been going to raouls for the past few years. i was introduced by my ex boyfriend, and although i dropped the boy, i kept this hotspot! :-) see....there was a reason i met him!Special Features:
- Nice and CozyGoodVIPDined on 7/12/2014Enjoyed the food. Service was good. And would not recommend for family with kids. A Lot pictures of beautiful but nude bodies. For couples , yes. Kind of romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- It used to be good...EdgardoDined on 7/1/2014I was in Raoul's several times, but the last night was forgettable. I asked Fois gras and It came cold, the pate was good. After I took skate. It came swimming in a sauce with tomatoes and basil that killed the taste of the fish. The profiteroles were good
- food was really greatnothappyVIPDined on 6/28/2014this place is a great food great service we couldn't have asked for a better night I had the monk fish which was delicious and my wife had the chicken which is one of the best chicken she's ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food!Luv2eatDined on 6/28/2014You can never go wrong eating at Raoul's. There's a reason it's been in business for 30 years. I have never had a bad meal there. It is always consistent. It's a cool, hip place. And the food is straight forward. The chef is not trying to be trendy. It's French Bistro at it's finest. I adore the place. I could go every week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovey mealCtnjmomDined on 6/26/2014We had an outstanding dinner lots of fresh local veggies and good meat/fish. Would happily return for another memorable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classic that never disappointsgoodtogetoutDined on 6/24/2014Somehow laid back and bustling at the same time. Over the years, this place delivers the same great food and service that have kept it an NYC classic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still perfectKingfishercooksVIPDined on 6/20/2014Had wonderful night as usual. Great food, great vibe. Everyone makes you feel so welcome. The best!Special Features:
- Foie GrasDF0614VIPDined on 6/14/2014My second time here. The foie gras was delicate, rich and made to perfection -- delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Fries at Raoul's!MariaDined on 6/8/2014Had the steak fries, a nice steak cooked just right. The fries were nice and crispy! A bit dark restaurant, small and you sit VERY close to the table next door! (They actually have to move the table for you to get in and sit).
- A little FrenchRobtanoDined on 5/31/2014Raoul's was better than expected. I have walked by for years and finally tried the place. Food was very good for the price, wait staff was attentive and very polite. They couldn't seat is in a booth since they were being held for regulars most likely but the chairs were comfy enough. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightWyojoDined on 5/26/2014We celebrated our 22nd anniversary here. Try to get to NYC couple times a year so choosing this dinner was difficult. This was the perfect dinner. Service was excellent; relaxed yet professional. Great atmosphere. Our steaks & frisée salads were amazing. If I lived in the area this would be a go to spot for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Rat PackMorningsideGourmandDined on 5/25/2014Though established in 1975, Raoul's harkens back to an older vibe, redolent of Chanel No. 5, small waists, and Sinatra. The food is great, the wine list is small but well chosen, and the atmosphere summons your sexiness. You'll dream in French after dinner, I promise. Wait staff are superb, the neighborhood is fun. Book it well in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 754 reviews are from the Raoul's reviews archive.
- Very niceJeanPaulVIPDined on 5/25/2014Very nice ,seating is very tight Small menu Nice neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Ideal for a first date.ArtfulffodderDined on 5/20/2014The paintings need a finer curatorial touch to mix with the memorabilia. It would bring the once vibrant art scene back to life for so many people who still associate Soho with the vanguard of contemporary culture. Although the paintings and drawings selection represent a side of French taste for the accidental they should be more intentionally representative of vanguard portrait painters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent night outCrisDined on 5/19/2014We made a reservation for my girlfriend's birthday. The food was great, the wine was excellent and the host remembered I mentioned it was her birthday and brought out a birthday cake. We were sad that the garden room is now closed (not because of the restaurant but because of the way it was built it violates emergency exit requirements). Regardless the service was excellent as well and the waiter was extremely friendly. We are definitely coming back for another nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late NightAnaBananaVIPDined on 5/18/2014I had such a great time dinning at Raouls after a long trip from CA. Too bad they were out of my favorite Beef Tartar...Special Features:
- Great neighborhood findirmiller22Dined on 5/17/2014Really enjoyed the ambience here - great energy inside of the restaurant, and the decor itself is very reminiscent to that of a hidden Parisian bar/restaurant. I had the grilled octopus salad to start. It was good, but wasn't phenomenal. It would have been better if it had a little bit of a char to it, but it was good. I had the skate wing for an entree, and it was delicious. I've never had skate before, but it was one of the better seafood items I've had in NYC. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- THE BESTDianaPrince212Dined on 5/4/2014This is my favorite restaurant in all of NYC. I'm not much of a steak person but the steak here is like butter. The service is always great and sitting at the bar is a blast!Special Features:
- GastonSingeVIPDined on 5/2/2014As always, Raoul's was great. Invited friends who had never been to Raoul's and they loved the atmosphere, the food, the service and everything else.Special Features: