180 Prince St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.raouls.com/
- Phone: (212) 966-3518
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: David Honeysett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room
A word from Raoul's
Casual French bistro open and thriving for over 30 years in the heart of SoHo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary French
Raoul's - Best Restaurants in SoHo ›
Raoul's reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (81)fit for foodies (69)vibrant bar scene (51)hot spot (48)romantic (37)special occasion (33)late-night find (28)notable wine list (22)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Raving for Raoul'sZZ007Dined on 11/21/2014Take a step back to the left bank....a Parisian bistro that won't dissapoint!! Outstanding in every way!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food was excellent, good wine list.MuLovDined on 11/18/2014Everything was wonderful, except that the noise level made conversation virtually impossible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemTravelerVIPDined on 11/16/2014Great SoHo restaurant and bar. This was our second visit. The food was excellent, though somewhat overpriced. Steak Frites was excellent. The Skate was very interesting - different, but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If it weren't for the hostess...Foodcritic22Dined on 11/11/2014Would have been a perfect night if the hostess weren't a snob about giving us a booth. She gave it to us contingent upon getting it back in 1 hr. Mind you there were NO other diners when we arrived. Who does that? It was rude and a poor reflection on the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicTrufflerVIPDined on 11/9/2014Always a classic. Eating with you 25 years and counting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014I enjoyed another meal at Raoul's. Yes, I have enjoyed meals here previously and I keep coming back at least several times each year. Its a great menu, service is attentive but discreet, prices are typical NYC, and ambiance is pleasant. I'm sure I'll be back again and again.Special Features:
- RaoulsnzfoodieDined on 11/3/2014Scrumptious Food and clearly a local favourite. Tight squeeze but were accommodating to the wheelchairSpecial Features:
- RaoulsciciDined on 10/26/2014Amazing food. We absolutely loved the restaurant, the wait staff and the experience. The restaurant is a beautiful space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant; good foodhappytrailsNYCDined on 10/25/2014The food here was great. It looks like just a neighborhood spot from the outside but has a great buzz inside, not too loud but lively, and the service was really terrific and attentive. I look forward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv itlionheartDined on 10/20/2014One of our favourites.........always friendly staff and great Steak Frites !!!!.....We are regulars and are never dissapointed,Special Features:
- Not likely to go backtimjDined on 10/17/2014From the moment we stepped in we felt claustrophobic. Could barely open the front door as people were jammed packed inside. We had reservations but still has to wait & then the waiter was aloof & promptly forgot us. Maybe because we weren't dressed fancy? We asked for lemons for our water, he forgot. Our water glasses weren't filled til the meal was almost over. Noise was so loud we had to lean in all the way & still had to repeat everything. Two entrées were very good but the third was a dry "medium rare" steak. A very negative dining experience. I was dismayed as I had told my two guests that is place was supposed to be "great." First time for all of us.
- Always goodEtienVIPDined on 10/12/2014Raoul's never fails. It's got a great neighborhood vibe, cozy ambience and a varied crowd. We were there in a Sunday evening and it was packed with hipsters, retires and families alike. The menu is not overwhelming and the food is classic French fare. When in doubt, got to Raoul's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousbrownDined on 10/11/2014We were seated promptly, had a wonderful waiter and loved the steak au poivre. What a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadyLannonDined on 10/10/2014The food was truly amazing.....one of the best lamb dishes I've ever eaten. The artichoke was delicious, also. I highly recommend Raouls!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!TuffcrowdDined on 10/3/2014Celebrated (another) birthday at Raoul's. The food is always beautifully presented, and equally delicious. The service is professional, and warm. Love the restaurant vibe -- even at 6 pm the place is alive and buzzing. Sitting in a booth in the intimate dining room, is as close as one might get to a Parisian bistro, without leaving New York. Don't hesitate to go!Special Features:
- DelightfulLiddyVIPDined on 9/30/2014The service here is terrific. The staff is genuinely friendly, helpful and accommodating. Guests are warmly welcomed. And the food is excellent, served simply and professionally. This place is run by someone who loves his business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait, worth the while400CPWfoodieDined on 9/29/2014I had a reservation for 9 pm, but they couldn't accommodate me until 9:30. The host was most apologetic and bought a round of drinks for me and my friends. This is a hot spot and VERY loud at peak times with very little space between tables. BUT the food is divine! It never disappoints and I look forward to each visit to this gem of a place. Great waitstaff, bartenders, hosts. Even though it's in the heart of trendy Soho, they never make you feel like you're not hip enough for the room. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- BonnieVIPDined on 9/26/2014Long-time wait staff and a new host combine to make Raoul's still a wonderful restaurant. Although the martini was not cold enough and the grilled octopus appetizer not grilled enough, the steak frites and the scallops were wonderful. (Know that if you want a medium rare steak you should order it rare.) Go as early as you can; the noise gets deafening as the evening lengthens. And enjoy the art: totally tasteful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but a bit priceywalnus72Dined on 9/23/2014The salads were fresh, tasty, and generously proportioned. We had the skate (sting ray?) and it was excellent. The exterior was nicely crusty and underneath the white meat was moist and flavorful. My only complaint is that the wine list was a bit pricey and $52 for a rack of lamb was a bit much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChowhoundDined on 9/21/2014Always enjoy Raoul's....... Food & service are consistently good & we love the electic cosy atmosphere! A real winner!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014We're Texans visiting our son in NY. This was a bit of a hassle to get to in the rain, but totally worth it. Great food, wonderful ambiance, helpful waiters and staff. The food was very authentic, tasted like a meal in Florence or Rome. Only downside was it was loud (restaurant is very small and cozy and it was a Saturday night), which sometimes made it hard to hear our companions.Special Features:
- passionatefoodieVIPDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed our dinner... we had skate and halibut --both beautifully cooked. Waitress was friendly and sweet. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014Loved the food, loved the martinis, loved the atmosphere...loved it!Special Features:
- Grate experienceAGG1Dined on 9/3/2014The food was delicious, nice drinks and the mix the beverages as you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeGeoffrey7Dined on 9/3/2014Raoul's is a neighborhood staple in Soho that nevertheless manages to be really good year after year. Just great, simple and delicious.Special Features:
- French Bistro ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent all around. A classic that you can go to once a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014The food was all-around excellent. I went among a group of five on a Saturday night. We had the octopus salad and the entrée tuna to share, both were dope by unanimous decision. I had the sea scallops as a main and they were perfectly prepared. Good cocktails, solid wine list. The one potential hitch for prospective clients was the ambience, between volume of the (awesome) music and the wall-to-wall erotic art. It served us well as a group of friends, but I imagine a first date would be better conducted somewhere with a softer vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food as alwaysLatifkDined on 8/24/2014Ive been coming here for years. Ordered the lamb chops and it had to be the best lambchops ive had in years... Dont know how they continue to make each dish better than the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experienceJarretDined on 8/23/2014Came here with my wife to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The meal was perfect from beginning to end. Service was spot on and the ambience is fun yet still romantic. We will no doubt be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been there for years, still greatSizeVIPDined on 8/22/2014And its great - tight seating, otherwise a nice dining experience - no rush, great service and high quality food. Wine selection is ok.
- Classic NYST13VIPDined on 8/19/2014one of the few ny restaurants that i keep going back to again and again. the food is always spot on, the service is exceptional and the environment very warm and "coolSpecial Features:
- CDMNUPVIPDined on 8/18/2014This place was very dark. The tables were crowed. The waiter was always busy so finding him was a challenge.Special Features:
- Soho Must DoNancyOTRVIPDined on 8/15/2014Raoul's is one of those places you just must do when visiting Soho. It is fun and the food as well as the clientele is very interesting. Go with others or go alone. It's a great place to share with someone, but also great just to sit back with a nice wine and watch it happen. It's amazing.Special Features:
- THE BEST IN NYCnonicknameDined on 8/6/2014IT'S THE BEST RESTAURANT IN NYC. I was in NYC for 6 nights and ate there for 3 of those nights.Special Features:
- My favorite placeAndieVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food at Raoul's is the best! Always innovative in a good way, not "fancified ". Knowledgable, courteous, fun wait staff, and downtown ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great kitschy dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014Great food and mood in the middle of SoHo. We had a late meal on a beautiful summer night. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 770 reviews are from the Raoul's reviews archive.
- not for the foodeatyouDined on 7/26/2014Lovely looking restaurant, good service, mediocre food. Was hoping for much more flavor but instead was served very bland, dialed in cuisine. Too bad, the atmosphere is very nice.Special Features:
- Great all aroundOpenTable1VIPDined on 7/20/2014Had the skate fish and colleague had the halibut. both were delicious. starters and desert were also tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GastonSingeVIPDined on 7/18/2014Raoul's makes for the most reliably perfect evening every time. Food and atmosphere are top notch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing placeladywholunchesDined on 7/12/2014i've been going to raouls for the past few years. i was introduced by my ex boyfriend, and although i dropped the boy, i kept this hotspot! :-) see....there was a reason i met him!Special Features: