Rao's - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
3570 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Rao's - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.caesarspalace.com/casinos/caesars-palace/restaurants-dining/raos-detail.html
- Phone: 7027317267x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fatimah Madyun
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Jukebox
A word from Rao's - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
The home-cooked meals at Rao’s Las Vegas are magnificent culinary experiences worthy of the Review-Journal’s multiple “Best Las Vegas Italian Restaurant” awards. The time-honored dishes include perfectly cooked pastas, risottos and the mouthwatering steak bistecca; cooked perfectly and sliced tableside. Rao’s Las Vegas Italian restaurant also serves the incomparable Uncle Vincent’s Lemon Chicken, broiled to perfection and sauced with lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil and spices. The classic veal chop is pan-seared and topped with a medley of hot and sweet cherry peppers. Last but not least, Rao’s legendary meatballs taste as if Aunt Anna were still rolling them each morning. Whichever you choose, you are sure to have a Las Vegas restaurant experience worthy of the fine dining legacy Rao’s Las Vegas has established over the last century.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rao's - Caesars Palace Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
284 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (135)fit for foodies (103)good for groups (101)romantic (96)notable wine list (73)hot spot (41)vibrant bar scene (19)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (18)scenic view (17)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014It was great the waiter was terrific and I love the Chicken Parmesean.Special Features:
- Enjoyed Rao'sSusulambDined on 9/15/2014Met colleagues at Rao's after a long convention day and really enjoyed our evening... Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every bite was perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We started with the meatballs and they're fabulous. My husband said, "Now we know what meatballs are suppose to taste like." For dinner we shared a pasta dish with cream, ham and peas. Again, it was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Food was outstanding and service was exceptional. Highly recommend and will certainly go back next time we are in Vegas!Special Features:
- Amazing Authentic Italian FoodlovetotravelDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner last Saturday night at Rao's. At first we were put in one of the back rooms and it was very noisy due to a few large groups. The hostess quickly fixed the situation and moved us to the front room with smaller tables. The atmosphere was perfect. Our server George was awesome. He was very helpful, attentive and professional. His great service made our experience even better. The food was wonderful! We had the best meatballs ever and the linguine with clams was really good. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer does not matterNotEasyToPleaseVIPDined on 9/13/2014it seems thar when a chef runs the restaurant and is not flexable in trying to accommodate the customer you have a problem. All I wanted was garlic bread, not a hard request never, in my life have I been to an Italian restaurant from New York to los angles to Italy were they refuse to make you garlic bread well now I found one good old Rao's.I will never go back to this restaurant. The chef refuses to make it you think I was asking them to make something out of the ordinary very bad customer.
- If you want to overpay its greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Had reservations at 5:45 pm on a Saturday only to be seated in the back room by the service area. Who would want to sit in the path of waiters rushing through for a full meal. Requested to be moved to a booth which was better, however the noise level was not energetic but loud. Somehow the waiter must of heard that we wanted a wine bottle (which we didn't) however after having the wine connoisseur and another serving employee come to our booth asking if we were ready for our wine (4 times) we caved and ordered wine. I ordered the Linguine and clam sauce and sent it back. The clams were mushy, the pasta was overcooked and there was very little to no sauce. I sent it back. By the time I got a different meal, everyone else had finish
- Great Italian!BrianVIPDined on 9/12/2014Dinner was great, all the food was perfect. We unfortunately had a bad server but wouldn't keep us from coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meatball everWorldTravelingFoodie84VIPDined on 9/12/2014Italian food is at its best when it is deceptively simple but high quality. Rao's excels at this. The meatball was simply the best of my life. And the linguini with clams was impeccably good. I will make a point to come here every time I'm in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rao's scores againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014For those of us not able to get a table at the NY original, the Vegas outpost is said to have even better food,if not the exclusivity. The pasta with peas and jam was awesome. the Lemon chicken is a must and they serve one of the best steaks in Vegas. Frank Jr. Continues to do an amazing job. Everyone's a celebrity here.Special Features:
- JohnMVIPDined on 9/11/2014The meatballs are a must. The food and service were very good.Special Features:
- 10th Anniversary10thAnniversaryDined on 9/11/2014Absolutely everything from the appetizer to the port was spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fooddennischmDined on 9/10/2014We had the best time , Best food and overall Great serviceSpecial Features:
- ExcellentJObugDined on 9/10/2014Perfect service, perfect food. could not have been betterSpecial Features:
- Great food...great serviceTKW052375Dined on 9/10/2014Our food was wonderful.. My husband had the linguine with clams (12 clams in the shell) and I had the ravioli in brown butter...both delicious! The service was excellent, but the noise level was over the top. There were several large parties seated near us and they were very loud and rude...does everyone have to talk on their phone while having dinner; shouting so that everyone except the person on the other end if the phone, can hear?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Veal piccata is a must! Delicious and melts in your mouth. Substitute angel hair pasta for the potatoes. Caprese salad is delicious and a great start for the meal. Try the canoli for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not Great. Expensive. Noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/6/2014I've been to the original Rao's. This one is good, but not up to the standard of the Original. This visit, after a show at Caesars, was a late (21:45) dinner. By the time we finished, the restaurant was emptying out. This probably impacts my perception of the restaurant. While the service was "good," it wasn't great. Given the lateness and therefore the very-reduced workload for the waiter, some of his long absences don't really have an explanation for them. Given the prices at this Rao's, the absences are not justifiable either. Would I go back? I'm uncertain, but Probably Not.
- Cold foodNogoodDined on 9/6/2014I ordered veal and it came to the table cold. Our waiter seemed to not care. Took the plate back to the kitchen and brought back with no I'm sorry , et
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We came with a party of 10 and the service was very attentive. The food was outstanding and the staff was great. We were running a bit behind to get to our reservation on time and I called ahead to let them know and they were understanding and helpful. Great place.Special Features:
- Over priced boxed pastaRadeeyDined on 9/6/2014After eating here over the weekend my review is mixed . I will give 5 stars service our waiter was good and friendly. No wait time as we had a reservation for 6:30 pm on a Saturday . Pros - homemade sauce was good not to sweet and thick . Service was good with very little wait . Nice atmosphere good ambience. The meatballs were good . Portions are big. Cons- bread was stale no olive oil for dipping . meatballs were 16.00 for two. The pastas were from a box not homemade just ok not great. Our meal consisted of a shared dinner salad , no drinks just tea and cola, linguine for my meal angel hair for her meal no desserts . Our bill came to118.00. We had higher expectations of the place and we were disappointed in the quality and price.
- Dinner at Rao'sFoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food and service was good. Wine list is limited but respectable. The noise level made conversation impossible.
- Great Italian!FooodyDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I had a wonderful experience here! We started off splitting linguini and clams in wine sauce which was delicious ( lots of clams). Then had the dish with pasta and sausage with cabbage split delicious as well then the most amazing meatballs ever split and stuffed! The sommelier was very informative she new her stuff and we got a very good bottle( quite expensive but awesome)!Special Features:
- A Must Go ToartfrkVIPDined on 9/5/2014If you have a chance do miss not out on eating at Rao's. The food is fabulous!!! The meatballs are amazing. The service is excellent. Next time I come to Las Vegas it will be the first reservation I make.Special Features:
- DisapointingEvelinaDined on 9/5/2014As a New York Italian American, I can say the food at Rao's was mediocre at best. Baked clams over cooked. Broccoli Rabe unseasoned and stringy. Veal Piccata tasteless. The cannoli was heavy and over-sweetened. I've eaten these dishes at home since I was a child and cooked them myself including making cannoli. Rao's in NY has a great reputation. Rao's in Vegas? Well to put it bluntly, it was tourist food.
- Disappointed Vs. Other OptionsMikePVIPDined on 9/5/2014After having two of the better meals in my life at Ramsey Steak and Nobu's, I expected similar from Rao's. Their NY reputation is larger than life and their prices are commensurate with other highly rated restaurants in Vegas. Sadly (very sadly), the food was just OK ... Less than OK for the price. Flavors were consistent with cheaper Italian meals I've had, and nothing had a Wow factor.
- Very DisappointingBirmingham2014VIPDined on 9/3/2014Food was awful. Veal parm was inedible and my wife's pasta dish also disappointing. Service was very friendly and attentive, however host and hostess barely acknowleded our reservation. We were excited about eating at Rao's and very surprised by the poor quality of the food.
- FantasticJustopinionDined on 9/2/2014Raos is the best Italian restaurant I frequent. I have never been disappointed by anything on their menu and it is a must dinner night every time I am in Las Vegas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New All-Time Favoriteeam2txDined on 8/30/2014Already booked our next reservation for NASCAR weekend in December.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingWingStarDined on 8/30/2014This was our first experience at Rao's, and we were pleasantly surprised. From the moment we walked in, we were treated like family. The service was quick and friendly, the food was delicious, and, we never felt hurried. We'll definitely be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, professional, perfectionjoyfulfoodieDined on 8/29/2014An A+ experience all around. Professionalism abounds. Very knowledgeable wine steward who spent time with us and spoke in detail of our wine choice. Our server was spot on in attendance but not obtrusive. Beautifully presented Osso Bucco and Lamb Chops and the food was cooked to perfection. We had a relaxed and unhurried fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining!,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/29/2014We've eaten at Rao's before. As good as it was, it was even better this time. We were taken great care of by Angela. Our drinks were made well, the shared beet salad was flavorful, and we shared the pasta course which was one of the specials. It was loaded with Italian sausage, penne pasta, and loads of flavor. Probably our favorite food item of our trip. The veal was tender and prepared perfectly. The evening was complete with a delicious chocolate gelato. Next trip to LasVegas, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, don't miss out!!Andrew83Dined on 8/28/2014I had an excellent entree and dessert and the staff were warm, welcoming and freindly. Next time I go to Vegas, I will definatey go again! Easily the best meal I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Not so gay friendly.driftwoodrowDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I ate here last week. Unfortunately, the night started off badly, with the host seating us offering some truly off-putting comments. "Sorry, I couldn't find something a little more romantic for you two... with candlelight." It was clear he had no idea we were a couple, and he assumed we were there on business or something. It was very clear he was incredibly uncomfortable when we set him straight (so to speak). It just set the night off on a bad note. Suddenly we felt like all eyes of the staff were on us. I suggest you train your staff to not assume anything about people. Just offer every guest the hospitality and respect they deserve. The food was as great as I remember the last time I ate here. And our server was great.Special Features:
- OutstandingSliceoflifeDined on 8/25/2014I expected frank Sinatra or Robert diNiro to walk in any moment. Had a great NY feel. We loved it and will return. Not to mention food and service both exquisite.Special Features:
- No need for pastaDoniamhVIPDined on 8/25/2014I almost always have pasta when at an Italian restaurant but I had to try the lemon chicken and peas with prosciutto. Both delicious! Excellent wine. Very good caprese salad. Service was attentive and good people watching in Vegas.Special Features:
- Super Find on the StripMarkVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been hearing great things about Rao's in Harlem for years. We finally had the tastes that have made Rao's a super destination dining experience... recreated on the strip. The service was great, the food was better. Our entire group was thrilled with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full CircleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014After my experience at the New York Rao's, coming to Las Vegas, Rao's was a must on my list. It did not disappoint. Excellent old world Italian. Great that two of the dining rooms are replica's of the New York Restaurant. Food was absolutely consistent and fully enjoyed our visit. Since there were only 2 of us, we didn't get to order a lot of different dishes - great place to bring a group and eat family style and try lots of stuff! Of course the Penne with Vodka Sauce is not to be missed!Special Features:
- DelishBarbie2Dined on 8/21/2014This is our 3rd time here. Food is always outstanding and service is great. Can't get into the one in New York but have been told by people who have been there food is the same. Always a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Rao'sDineoutalotDined on 8/21/2014Very enjoyable evening. Food was excellent, service was good but not great. The noise level in the restaurant was excessive. Having dined at Rao's in NY, I prefer the Vegas location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meatballs recommendedbobes911Dined on 8/21/2014So we were told by a couple different locals to try RAO's specifically the meatballs. Those were indeed yummy. The service was excellent!!! The pasta dishes were good (spaghetti marinara and lasagna) but not anything exceptional. Wife and I are both great cooks and create our own sauces as such, we are pretty skeptical of all restaurants. Give it a shot and you will not be let down you just won't necessarily be blown away. Just depends on your palette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.