Rao's - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
3570 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Rao's - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.caesarspalace.com/casinos/caesars-palace/restaurants-dining/raos-detail.html
- Phone: 7027317267x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fatimah Madyun
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Jukebox
A word from Rao's - Caesars Palace Las Vegas
The home-cooked meals at Rao’s Las Vegas are magnificent culinary experiences worthy of the Review-Journal’s multiple “Best Las Vegas Italian Restaurant” awards. The time-honored dishes include perfectly cooked pastas, risottos and the mouthwatering steak bistecca; cooked perfectly and sliced tableside. Rao’s Las Vegas Italian restaurant also serves the incomparable Uncle Vincent’s Lemon Chicken, broiled to perfection and sauced with lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil and spices. The classic veal chop is pan-seared and topped with a medley of hot and sweet cherry peppers. Last but not least, Rao’s legendary meatballs taste as if Aunt Anna were still rolling them each morning. Whichever you choose, you are sure to have a Las Vegas restaurant experience worthy of the fine dining legacy Rao’s Las Vegas has established over the last century.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rao's - Caesars Palace Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (134)good for groups (104)romantic (101)fit for foodies (97)notable wine list (71)hot spot (40)late-night find (25)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (20)scenic view (18)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (6)Show More
- New All-Time Favoriteeam2txDined on 8/30/2014Already booked our next reservation for NASCAR weekend in December.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This was our first experience at Rao's, and we were pleasantly surprised. From the moment we walked in, we were treated like family. The service was quick and friendly, the food was delicious, and, we never felt hurried. We'll definitely be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining!,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/29/2014We've eaten at Rao's before. As good as it was, it was even better this time. We were taken great care of by Angela. Our drinks were made well, the shared beet salad was flavorful, and we shared the pasta course which was one of the specials. It was loaded with Italian sausage, penne pasta, and loads of flavor. Probably our favorite food item of our trip. The veal was tender and prepared perfectly. The evening was complete with a delicious chocolate gelato. Next trip to LasVegas, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Not so gay friendly.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014My husband and I ate here last week. Unfortunately, the night started off badly, with the host seating us offering some truly off-putting comments. "Sorry, I couldn't find something a little more romantic for you two... with candlelight." It was clear he had no idea we were a couple, and he assumed we were there on business or something. It was very clear he was incredibly uncomfortable when we set him straight (so to speak). It just set the night off on a bad note. Suddenly we felt like all eyes of the staff were on us. I suggest you train your staff to not assume anything about people. Just offer every guest the hospitality and respect they deserve. The food was as great as I remember the last time I ate here. And our server was great.Special Features:
- OutstandingSliceoflifeDined on 8/25/2014I expected frank Sinatra or Robert diNiro to walk in any moment. Had a great NY feel. We loved it and will return. Not to mention food and service both exquisite.Special Features:
- No need for pastaDoniamhVIPDined on 8/25/2014I almost always have pasta when at an Italian restaurant but I had to try the lemon chicken and peas with prosciutto. Both delicious! Excellent wine. Very good caprese salad. Service was attentive and good people watching in Vegas.Special Features:
- Super Find on the StripMarkVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been hearing great things about Rao's in Harlem for years. We finally had the tastes that have made Rao's a super destination dining experience... recreated on the strip. The service was great, the food was better. Our entire group was thrilled with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Full CircleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014After my experience at the New York Rao's, coming to Las Vegas, Rao's was a must on my list. It did not disappoint. Excellent old world Italian. Great that two of the dining rooms are replica's of the New York Restaurant. Food was absolutely consistent and fully enjoyed our visit. Since there were only 2 of us, we didn't get to order a lot of different dishes - great place to bring a group and eat family style and try lots of stuff! Of course the Penne with Vodka Sauce is not to be missed!Special Features:
- DelishBarbie2Dined on 8/21/2014This is our 3rd time here. Food is always outstanding and service is great. Can't get into the one in New York but have been told by people who have been there food is the same. Always a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Rao'sDineoutalotDined on 8/21/2014Very enjoyable evening. Food was excellent, service was good but not great. The noise level in the restaurant was excessive. Having dined at Rao's in NY, I prefer the Vegas location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meatballs recommendedbobes911Dined on 8/21/2014So we were told by a couple different locals to try RAO's specifically the meatballs. Those were indeed yummy. The service was excellent!!! The pasta dishes were good (spaghetti marinara and lasagna) but not anything exceptional. Wife and I are both great cooks and create our own sauces as such, we are pretty skeptical of all restaurants. Give it a shot and you will not be let down you just won't necessarily be blown away. Just depends on your palette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodDominicVIPDined on 8/21/2014Non traditional Italian dishes were better than traditional dishes -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014Amazing! The meatballs were the best I have ever had. And the veal parm was incredible. Come hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place....Period.Bklyn55Dined on 8/12/2014Food, service, ambience...all above par. A model for other restaurants to follow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You got to eat hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Rao's been a New York main stay for 70 plus years. We have had Rao's cook book for 10 or so years. This place is it for Italian Food!!!!. If you like Ossbucco get it, and with any pasta you have to split with your party the side of there famous meatballs.Special Features:
- Italian Food in VegasStefReview52Dined on 8/10/2014This is my fourth visit to Rao's. The first visit was for lunch and we had the famous meatballs and pasta, that was served after an abundance of terrific breads and breadsticks were served. My next three visits were at dinner time and we overlooked the beautiful Garden of the Gods Pool. My choice was the same all three times, Uncle Vinnie's Lemon Chicken and an order of pasta with marinara sauce, The chicken and sauce are out of this world, It is a definite destination in Vegas and I recommend a reservation at night. I have been out to eat many, many times during my years of traveling to Vegas and this is a definite stop if you are looking for excellent Italian Food!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rao's a Vegas gem!ZakmanDined on 8/8/2014Great food, great service, great authentic NY Italian experience. Could not want anything more. Thoroughly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rao'sElConquestadorDined on 8/7/2014Waiter seemed not so friendly, short, not much personality. However, everyone assisting us was great and quick. Would highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutjayquelinDined on 8/3/2014We went to have a nice dinner on one of our nights in Vegas. We were probably the loudest group, but they were accommodating to us! Good wine! Good fun! Fun night.Special Features:
- A favorite that has let us down.SwedeDined on 8/2/2014Rao's has been our favorite spot in Vegas for many years but this time the food was a let down. The atmosphere was great but the veal parmesan was dry and cold and is is usually mouth watering. The lasagna was average. Being from New York we love the atmosphere but it won't be our first choice restaurant on our next trip.Special Features:
- Amazing!CraftsteakRocksDined on 8/2/2014You must eat at this restaurant if you are in Vegas. Do not miss the chance.Special Features:
- Good foodGOODDined on 8/1/2014Great italian food and would recommend.....the food is very flavorful. The atmosphere is very old school and romantic.Special Features:
- Che cosa un pasto - What a MealWhatamealDined on 7/31/2014The food, the wine, the desserts and the staff were excellent. Everything was perfect. I had the baked clams, size wise small but very tasty. Main courses included Veal Parm, Eggplant Parm.Special Features:
- Best. Meatballs. Ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/29/2014I dined alone and planned to get the meatballs and Uncle Vincent's Lemon Chicken. The kind waiter informed me that the $18 side of meatballs were the size of baseballs and he could give me a half order if I preferred. I did, and was happy to see I was charged only $9 for the half order. Everything - the bread basket, the meatball in marinara, and the lemon chicken was superb. I have never had a more tender and delicious meatball, it literally melted in my mouth. Only thing I would have changed would be to drop the rock music a few decibels.Special Features:
- Horrible Check-InOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014We made a reservation with the Opentable app. We arrived and they sat 4 parties in front of us that did not have a reservation. We waited 20 minutes after our time to get seated. Not good! This was for my birthday celebration and it started off on a really bad note.
- GoldieDined on 7/28/2014Expected this place to better than fast food italian.
- SFoodieDined on 7/27/2014Overpriced for what we got. The food was good but not outstanding. Carmines is twice as good. Would not return
- Fabulous Italian Food!AlliDined on 7/24/2014So much of the Rao's dinner was outstanding. The food was excellent. The service was superb. The atmosphere was cozy and fun. But the noise level was through the roof. We could not hear one another speak, and we were sitting next to each other. But, it was worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I would highly recommend Rao's!Special Features:
- Meatballs are horribleGtotheDotDined on 7/23/2014We got a recommendation from our waitor to get the meatballs - they were utterly disgusting! Meatballs should be fresh mince but instead they were spongy processed pieces of cr@p! Pedigree Chum-esk!
- Quick bite before the showYYCdinerDined on 7/23/2014If you just want a few bites, not a full meal, before a show at the Colosseum, I highly recommend Raos. Two of us had the meatballs and seafood apply and it was enough to keep us going until a late-night snack. The meatballs are what they are known for and while you really do pay a lefty price, they are great. It's no Fiamma at MGM (which remains the best Italian on the strip (hands down), but its good if you're already at Caesars.
- Mediocre food at exorbitant pricesBubbaJoVIPDined on 7/22/2014I looked forward to trying Rao's hoping given the stellar reputation of its sister restaurant in East Harlem. What a disappointment....the food at the Vegas Rao's is mediocre and extremely expensive. Terrible value. Recommend you do not eat here because there are much better choices at Caesar's.
- Delicious and authentic!getchieDined on 7/22/2014Food was delicious! BEST meatballs ever!! Lasagne delicious and the clams were fantastic! It was a great meal! Waiter was wonderful!Special Features:
- MorrisMorrisDined on 7/21/2014Great place to take a group of people. Typical Italian fair, with generous portions. Very nice and friendly staff. Not overly cheap but then it's Vegas.Special Features:
- Best Dinner EverGramminkieVIPDined on 7/21/2014We went to Rao's for a family dinner (8 of us). Their menu is extensive so we were unsure as to what to order. Our server suggested a family style option with his recommendations. We accepted. This was by far the best dinner we've ever had...so amazing...everything was perfect. If you try nothing else, have the meatballs! Exceptional dinner with exceptional service and amazing wines! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Just OKJudyDined on 7/20/2014We were disappointed in the pasta dishes. My penne was very plain and had little taste. My husband said his clams were not fresh in his linguine with clam sauce. My friend's eggplant entree was substantial and tasty. The wine by the glass is 5 oz. My husband mentioned to our waittress that this was a bit small; soon later the wine steward came and poured us more wine, which was nice. I expected more for the type of restaurant and these prices. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Italian EcstasySicilianChefDined on 7/20/2014I was raised in an Italian household and originally exposed to cooking by my talented Sicilian grandmother. Because of this, it has always been difficult for my family and I to dine in, and have an appreciation for, Italian restaurants. In fact, there were only a handful we found acceptable over the years and only one located in the United States. After our dining experience last weekend at Rao's I have discovered new hope for Italian cuisine in the US. This was not only the finest dining experience I've had in an Italian restaurant, but the finest I've experienced in any restaurant. We are already planning a return.Special Features:
- Mediocre Food, WAY OverpricedHelloVIPDined on 7/20/2014I was very disappointed with Rao. The menu looked great, however the quality of the food was mediocre at best. This was not the type of food I would expect at a popular Las Vegas establishment. There were two of us in the party, we only ordered one appetizer, one pasta and one entree to split. The eggplant parmesan was stiff and tasteless. We have much better food and prices at our local Italian restaurant around the corner. For a $175 dinner, I was extremely disappointed and would never recommend this place.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2014Food was excellent for New York style Italian food. It was our anniversary so had made reservations early on. Our server was awesome in wine & food recommendations. We started off with the Caprese Salad. I had the Shell pasta with ricotta cheese. It was delish. My boyfriend had the Rigatoni Filetto di Pomodoro. I had a taste and that too was delish. They surprised us with a anniversary dessert 7 LAYER CHOCOLATE CAKE that was to die for. Definitely would go back to Rao's at Caesars Palace in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed Emotions on Rao'sBruceDined on 7/19/2014We have tried to get reservations for the Manhatten Rao's for years unsuccessfully. We had high expectations and were somewhat disappointed with our meal. We both had the Baked Clams, which were quite good, as they were whole clams, not chopped or minced. My wife got the Salsa Marinara, I got the Spaghetti Alla Bolognese and we shared an order of meatballs. Our bread basket was very good and the supertuscan the sommelier recommended was excellent. Portions were generous, service not quite as good as it could have been. Our pasta was a perfect al dente, but our sauces were not as special as we were anticipating. Both were somewhat acidic with an edge that we both thought was unusual. Perhaps we expected too much.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2014excellent food and service they served us a desert for my birthday it was so enjoyable that we ate there 2 timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.