Raos by Piccolo E Posto
1451 Ave Ashford
San Juan, PR 00907Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Raos by Piccolo E Posto
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piccoloeposto.com/
- Phone: 7879190020
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Most Menu Items
A word from Raos by Piccolo E Posto
Hello and welcome to Rao's. From divine inspiration and with great passion we humbly present Piccolo e Posto's newest venture. Rao's by Piccolo e Posto. A tribute to Joe Rao, who, with Piccolo began a tradition of amazing food, great wine and affordable prices. With Rao's we set out to continue his legacy in this new labor of love. The result is Rao's, a cool, relaxed, New York kitchen that features a lot of the same great food, with some exciting new additions. We want you to come and enjoy Rao's as you would a gathering of friends at your own kitchen, help yourself and pick the bottle of wine that you want from our cellar, go to the kitchen window and talk to any of our great cooks about a suggestion or even about cooking for you a dish that you might be craving, after all, we just want you to feel at home! As always comments and suggestions are welcome. Share them with us and please, do visit us again and again. Please visit us on Sunday for our Amazing Brunch!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Raos by Piccolo E Posto reviews from OpenTable diners
- They Worked With Ushome2cookVIPDined on 3/3/2014Pizza a little underdone but after that the server worked with us and preparation improved. Fair food for the prices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatPiearchDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I dined at Raos on Valentines Day. We had 4 people wait on us, so I am not sure who our waiter really was. Overall, the place seemed chaotic, but not because they were busy. The food was good, but not great, and the presentation was just so-so. I ordered the 2 sausage pizza, which the menu said should have been sweet & hot Italian sausage. It was neither - could have been ground beef for all the flavor it had. My pizza crust, which appeared cooked, tasted doughy. My wife said her pasta dish was good.
- Bad service, food averageEatoutalotVIPDined on 2/8/2014The service was very poor. We had to ask for anything that we needed, pepper for the salads, refills on drink, bread, even silverware. The sales were good but the main course was average to poor. This restaurant has a nice concept but doesn't deliver and will probably not last very long. What a shame.
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/25/2013The food was great. My husband had scallops and shrimp that were superb. I had per me a la vodka yum yum. My son had the pizza, he really liked this as well. Great Bierce. The staff was so sweet and attentive. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Bad really Bad placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2013Its a specialist Italian food cuisine, But no have fresh Mozarella, no have albahaca, no have fresh tomatoes, no have mozzarella sticks no have bruchetta all in menu but not in place, bad service,Special Features:
- The tomato soup was too spicyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2013The tomato soup was too spicy and thick, It tasted like one was eating spaghetti sauce. The mushrooms stuffed with spinach were ok. The slightly battered fish was very good, crispy and tasty. The service was rather rough. Won't go back when there are so many options in the neighborhood.
- Lunch in PresbyMangiaDined on 9/13/2013This is a great location for business lunch as well as for meeting friends at night!`It is a place you can always trust for good food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old classmates reunionMangiaDined on 8/23/2013Great resaturant to accomodate different food preferences, izza, pasta,salads, steaks and fish selections all were great!Special Features:
- We made reservation for 6OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2013We made reservation for 6 and only 4 showed up. The accomodated the children as we waited. the food was great and you must try the bread pudding! It is a killer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experience at rao'sRob7871Dined on 5/6/2013My veal Marsala was probably the worse I have ever had in my life. There was one very small piece which was cooked like shoe leather. My side dish of linguini garlic and oil had so much garlic in it that I almost choked. The shrimp scampi was cooked very well but the side of risotto was very pasty. I was extremely disappointed coming from the restaurant business as an owner. To be honest, it's a disgrace to call this place Rao's compared to the one in New York. Your chef shouldn't be in the kitchen and its obvious because the place was empty.Special Features:
- Neighborhood spotAWESOMEDined on 4/24/2013We found Raos on our first night in San Juan. wanted something local and delicious since we had flown in just a few hours earlier. Bottom line, it was excellent....Calamari Fritti were delicious, perfectly done. Pasta Fornier was outstanding, a signature dish that was tasty and light despite it being a pasta dish. The chicken Marsala was amazing and all of this from an Italian! A neighborhood spot that's reasonable and worth it! Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Food was wonderful! We hadJenMVIPDined on 3/30/2013Food was wonderful! We had 3 different pasta dishes, and each was cooked perfectly - alfredo linguine had a great garlic flavor, rigatoni bolognese had great texture, and another with chicken and pancetta. They made half portions of salads - we tried the caprese and the grilled vegetable salad - so good. House wine selection was great and cheap!Special Features:
- Local gemPrbayVIPDined on 1/25/2013New restaurant with a casual flare. The mushroom appetizer is FANTASTIC!Special Features:
- Exceeded expectations. IOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/4/2013Exceeded expectations. I am in the restaurant business so always nice to see someone doing great job. Pastas were excellent, veal chop superbly cooked, grilled vegetable salad was great. Service friendly and prompt with personal touches. Returned next evening for dinner our experience was so good. I will definitely go back on my next trip to PR.Special Features:
- Good food + the worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/10/2012The absolute worst service. Food was amazing but when we split a plate (they did it for us in the back) it was a lot less food than what an actual plate being split was. Took us 25 minutes to get their attention to give them money to pay our bill. Server would walk away while talking to us. Anything we asked for seemed line a pain for him and then e proceeded to talk about us when half the plates which were split barely had any sauce on it and we asked for more sauce (which we were charged for) . The dishes which came out with the proper amojy of sauce was delicious. Most of the food was but I would not recommend it to anyone bc of the horrible service. Plus it's an expensive place. The least I could expect is some respect! Disappointing
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/3/2012Great food and great service. Our waiter was very personable and translated the evening's specials for us. My husband and I both ordered the pasta with bolognese sauce which was excellent! They easily accomodated my husband's request for different pasta instead of the rigatoni. For dessert our waiter suggested the bread pudding. I am not a huge fan of bread pudding but our waiter was confident I would love this pudding and even offered not to charge us for it if we did not like it. Needless to say it was absolutely delicious--especially with the limoncello!
- We really enjoyed this restaurantlstracyVIPDined on 10/29/2012We really enjoyed this restaurant so much that we went back the next night. We often travel and the one thing we enjoy is dining out, and really enjoy when the food is excellent. This one is a keeper for us and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- One of the best Italian restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2012One of the best Italian places I have eaten in... ever. The carbonara was fantastic! A do not miss restaurant in San Juan. We even went back to very next night to bring our friends.Special Features:
- This was a last minute decisionSquash363Dined on 7/1/2012This was a last minute decision on our last night in puerto Rico. I wish I found it earlier, as I think trying their lunch would have been nice as well. As we found with every restaurant in PR, service is slow and not as efficient as we are used to in NYC - NJ. The food was quite good and plentiful. My side dish of parmigian risotto was the highlife for me.Special Features:
- Great food and reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2012Great food and reasonable price. We had dined in Raos twice during our stay at San Juan. The restaurant is a short and pleasant walk from Marriott. Definitely will visit again!Special Features:
- The pasta was cooked, to myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2012The pasta was cooked, to my surprise, al dente with a nice combination of ingredients. Mozzarella in carrozza and the mussels were delicious. Not many casual places like this have decent wine by the glass; ours was very good. Totally unexpected. Very economical and well sized portions. Totally unpretentious and simple, but a good place for lunch or after the beach pasta.Special Features:
- Not the best service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2012Food was delicious but there is a lot of room to improve on the service. Our experience was defined by unmotivated and uninspired attendants.Special Features:
- The food was okay, it wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012The food was okay, it wasn't fantastic but we ate well. The service though was not at all as I expected. He barely listened to me and kept walking away as I was talking to him. Overall its a very nice restaurant though the appearance of it is great.
- The food was pretty good,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2012The food was pretty good, but service got slower near the dessert. Portions are good and the food has great flavor.Special Features:
- Consistency is what best describesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Consistency is what best describes this restaurant. Food is always of good quality, great taste, day in and day out. Service was superb, timely and courteous. Portions tend to be on the large size which is why I usually share with the wife. Prices for the entrees are good but some appetizers run on the expensive side. By the way, the stuffed mushrooms in a balsamic reduction are to die for!!!Special Features:
- Good spot for lunch or lateOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/14/2012Good spot for lunch or late nite feast. Food was very good, simple Italian with PR twist. With nice atmosphere and better than adequate wait staff, we thoroughly enjoyed our dining.Special Features:
- Very good food, very accommodating.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/5/2012Very good food, very accommodating. Really nice dinner.Special Features:
- The meal was very good. TheVanessaVIPDined on 3/7/2012The meal was very good. The little bread bites were wonderful. The owner was very attentive and wanted us to be happy with our food. We were very pleased with the whole dinner experience.Special Features:
- The food was amazing and itMagglesVIPDined on 2/17/2012The food was amazing and it was a cozy setting. I would definitely be a regular if I lived in the neighborhood (or on the island). I will go back next time!Special Features:
- Excellent choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Restaurant was very cozy and the ambience was warm and friendly. Staff was very energetic and helpful. Got a hace to meet the owner and complement him on his great restaurant. Another owner was verifying the room temperature and lighting conditions which I though were fine but it's good to know that they care so much about the customers that they still check these details. The food was amazing and the desert was great We tried the creeme brulle Great valentines dinner will come back.Special Features:
- nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2012Food was good and waiter was wonderful and prices decent . Had a really nice night and experienceSpecial Features:
- Although no one at the MarriottOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2012Although no one at the Marriott knew of this relately new restuarant, we took a change and booked on Open Table. It was a wonderful choice, excellent food, good prices and great service. What more can one ask for!Special Features:
- Excellant food in a pleasantSteakmanVIPDined on 12/25/2011Excellant food in a pleasant atmosphere. Would definately recommend it....Special Features:
- Waitress sirly. Serve poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011Waitress sirly. Serve poor. Appetizers came sporadically. Bread balls came once - no oil or butter to stimulate interest or appetite. Entrees dribbled out while 2people still on appetizer. Waitress disappeared and never asked if we wanted water or bread or if everything ok. Sent salmon back to kitchen to be heated. It returned with a little warmth on one end. Kind of greasy and certainly not grilled. Had to ask for water and dessert menu. Asked for tea and cups came half full of hot water and when we asked for more hot water waitress brought 2 more cups of half filled cups. Get rid of her already!
- San Juan Favorite Condado BeachJetesVIPDined on 12/5/2011Great food, great value, great service. The restaurant is within walking distance of the San Juan Marriott (Condado) and is the sister restaurant to a well-established eatery in Guayano. There are plenty of choices-pasta, fish (salmon, halibut, grouper) meat (osso bucco-best ever)steak, chicken, and other daily specials. The restaurant has a diverse wine list and prides itself on charging amazingly reasonable prices. We ate there three straight nights and once for lunch during our week's stay and were never disappointed. A couple other recommended reataurants in the vicinity disappointed by comparison.Special Features:
- Try this onePhilVIPDined on 11/28/2011Found this gem while in San Juan. Short walk from the hotel. Outstanding veal and pasta dishes. Not heavy Italian. Service excellent and attentive. You will be delighted.Special Features:
- I had the pasta with salmonMikeVIPDined on 10/29/2011I had the pasta with salmon and scallop and my wife had the risotto with veal and sausage. We both thought ours was mighty tasty. I thought it was a little skimpy on the salmon, as it only had some flakes of salmon sprinkled in the pasta. Likewise there was one scallop, but it was done just right. The olive oil sauce was delicious. On the other hand the risotto was a huge portion, with plenty of veal and sausage. It was also simply delicious. My wife ordered the Cesare salad to start. When I went to order an appetizer the waiter tipped us off that the salad portion was plenty for two. He was absolutely right and we split a very good salad. All in all it was really good for a small neighborhood place.Special Features:
- We made the reservation andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/28/2011We made the reservation and arrive a little early and the table was ready.Service and Food was very good.My wife was looking for Fettuccini with Clams not on the menu and they prepare the plate for her.Special Features:
- A gem in CondadoCoffemacDined on 10/27/2011Restaurant is excellent and food was second to none. One of the best restaurants in Condado without having to pay more just because the restaurant is located in a hotel. Awesome service and their wine list is excellent to. I had churrasco and my girlfriend a "make your own pizza" pizza. Both where awesome. The kitchen is open so you can see how your food is prepared and even speak with the chef's. The owner is always in the restaurant just in case you have any special request. Highly recommended for family or a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- ....by far one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2011....by far one of the best Italian restaurants in PR! Amazing wine list with even better pricing!Special Features: