1602 Yew Street
Vancouver, BC V6K 3E7Neighborhood:
BurmesePrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://rangoondine.com/
- Phone: 6045581602x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Burmese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rangoon
Rangoon is located in the heart of Kitsilano, on Yew street. We opened our doors on June 2012. We offer a wide range of menu items including authentic Burmese dishes and chef's creative dishes. At Rangoon, we are offering a seasonal menu that is focused on healthy and delicious food using mostly fresh local ingredients. We will do everything we can to exceed your expectations.With a variety of offerings to choose from sea to land, healthy choices, delicious, authentic and also creative, Rangoon is the right place for you and your family, your friends and your loved one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rangoon reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great authentic Burmese food! Yum!GirlieSusyDined on 9/12/2014My parents are from Burma and they really liked it! They said most if the dishes we ordered were authentic. The salads were amazing. They had the right combination of flavours and textures. We ordered the coconut prawn curry, which was absolutely delicious! But my parents say that it tasted more like Thai style, than Burmese style. Nonetheless, it was still delicious. Overall, I would come here again and introduce this hidden gem to my foodie friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findJoernVIPDined on 7/19/2014We were very pleasantly surprised by the Rangoon. The service was excellent, and the food was extremely tasty. We had not had Burmese food before, and were interested in trying it. As presented, it was transition between Thai/Malay food and Indian food. We had the seafood salad and pork belly appetizers, and seafood curry and lamb curry as main courses. All were excellent with varying degrees of spiciness and full of flavour. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique spotcatinthehatDined on 6/28/2014I've never had Burmese food before. If you like the cuisines of the rest of the peninsula you'll feel right at home. The pork belly mango pickle and coconut curry prawns are both excellent. Kayan chinthi salad was less exciting but still very good. I plan to return to try the soups.
- The following 1 reviews are from the Rangoon reviews archive.
- Delicious!DoatsVIPDined on 5/15/2014We were thoroughly pleased with our first experience here & look forward to returning! One of the best coconut prawn curries I've had, with a generous amount of prawns. My husband also enjoyed their very tasty ling cod lemongrass curry. The wines were very reasonably priced & good quality.Special Features: