Rangmahal Indian Cuisine
355 South Broadway
Hicksville, NY 11801Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
Rangmahal Indian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rangmahalcuisine.com/
- Phone: (516) 942-7256
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday & Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Arun Verma
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rangmahal offers complete catering services. Whatever your occasion, we make it special for those who want their party to be a little more exotic. A memorable occasion requires memorable food. From grinding our own spices to making fresh yogurt and cheese, we prepare everything from scratch. If it's great food, elegance and class you seek, then look no further than Rangmahal. You are welcome to customize your order from a wide variety of tastes that the Rangmahal menu provides. We cater to your needs on and off premises.
- Entertainment: Live Sitar and Tabla music every Friday Night.
A word from Rangmahal Indian Cuisine
Rangmahal has been family owned and operated since 1995. We have strived to create the best Indian Cuisine on Long Island, using a fine tapestry of aromas and spices by extracting the essence of fine taste. Chef Arun Verma creates a true labor of love and pride in blending traditional Indian dishes and spices to create a medley of sweet- savory flavors. Chef Arun has had over 3 decades of experience. Working at 5 star Oberoi Hotel in New Delhi and continuing at the Vikram Hotel, Chef Arun has used his hospitality background and culinary expertise to bring an exemplary and exhilarating dining experience for your taste buds. The name Rangmahal comes from the ancient kingdoms of India, where a King would have many "Mahals" or palaces. Rangmahal, meaning "Palace of Color," was the King"s realm of bountiful food, dance, drink and relaxation. This restaurant, its namesake, has attempted to create that same tranquil and enjoyable atmosphere with a menu that caters to all tastes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rangmahal Indian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (2)Show More
- Family Owned and OperatedwineanddineDined on 10/24/2014Very nice environment. The owners come to the table throughout the night. Make great recommendations and check the level of serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Indian PlacevegagirlDined on 8/12/2014Its a charming place. The food is serviceable. But the naan was burned. Other wise, people enjoyed the food. The problem was, there weren't many people there, so the waiters (owners?) kept staring at us while we ate, which was disconcerting. They also come over and chat with customers. But all in all, OK.Special Features:
- EnjoyedJustDeeDined on 8/10/2014This was our first time going to an Indian restaurant. We enjoyed the food. The staff was friendly. Though we have nothing to compare it to we will probably go back again.Special Features:
- Amazing Indian MealGinaDined on 8/8/2014First meal at Rangmahal was DELICIOUS!! Typical northern Indian dishes with some southern-style options as well and daily specials, but everything we ate was about the best I have had in the US. The family who operates the restaurant were warm, friendly and inviting, and gave us expert guidance on selecting a couple of dishes. The gelato dessert was delicious, and the recommended Indian spiced coffee was fantastic. Only minor drawback was the limited wine list, but definitely outweighed by the excellence of the food. The place was absolutely deserted when we went due to the season, but we were assured that during the fall and winter it is packed, which I am sure is the case. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- The following 16 reviews are from the Rangmahal Indian Cuisine reviews archive.
- Our favorite. Hands down. Period.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Amazing, flavorfull food will knock your socks off. Owners are warm, passionate and genuinely want you to have a great experience. They will listen to what you lile and guide you through the menu and specials to make sure you are satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- caring staffMrLewDined on 5/10/2014All took great pains in providing caring and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Dining Experiencemjstcdnce5Dined on 4/25/2014i happened upon this restaurant through open table. It had many favorable reviews and markedly few bad ones. The hostess greeted us with a big smile and welcomed us. Between her and our waiter, we were easily assisted in making our dinner choices. We had drinks recommended to go with the spicy food which was our preference - level 8 on a 1-10 heat scale, asked for 3 appetizers which they felt were the best for us to gain a more appreciable understanding of the diversity of the food and asked for entree recommendations. There were excellent musicians playing in the corner provide appropriate mood music. The chef circulated seeing how we liked the food. We had a great experience, the food was wonderful and we'll return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been dining at RangmahalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/26/2014We have been dining at Rangmahal for years. The service is impeccable, the food to die for. You can tell they care about you having the best dining experience at their restaurant. They ask you what you like or desire and make suggestions, the food comes out the temperature you asked for (spiciness) and the chef comes out to see how you enjoyed your meal. Our friends we went with this past week are now big fans too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantSc92VIPDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I chose this restaurant based on the reviews and it did not disappoint us. The service was exactly what I like, attentive but not over bearing. The owner came over to us and asked how we were enjoying our food and answered our questions about how it was made. The food was so good that I woke up the next day thinking about it. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2014Apar the waiter was very knowledgeable/friendly. the chef came out to check on us twice - brought complimentary nan and made a special dish for a member of our party. Strongly recommend Rangmahal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific and tastyWonkadDined on 2/28/2014Went on a Friday night for the first time and really scored... The food was delicious, the host was charming and knowledgeable plus there was entertainment. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!vc225Dined on 2/14/2014In a word, amazing! I brought my girlfriend here for Valentine's day buffet so was not expecting the highest quality level. Boy was i wrong, the chef was constantly checking all of the food for freshness and taking time to make sure everyone was happy. The noise level was fine, but given the weather I'm not surprised that there were empty tables. If they were all filled the noise would have been energetic as described in other reviews. The free gift was a nice touch and my girl friend was able to use the bracelets right away. Worth the trip from NJ. Will go back to try the menu. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyondElatedDined on 12/28/2013We ate and drank exclusively from the suggested specials which were everything I could have asked for in a dining experience. The quality of the garlic alone was enough to put a smile on my face but this was the kind of food that once swallowed lit a lively spark in one's internal oven. This is food to experience. Though we were a tad unsure of a few dining customs we were comfortable and well fed by a welcoming and sincere staff. This is truly how I believe any restaurant should aim to provide service from ingredients to preparation to staff you feel your self being sincerely nourished. And the drinks are not overlooked either. Hats off to the owner and chef for such a heartfelt venture. This was so very worth the nearly 50 mile trek!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!noraVIPDined on 12/14/2013Best indian food in the neighborhood! The food, the service is great. I love everything about Rangmahal.Special Features:
- A Genuine GemAncoraImparo2VIPDined on 12/6/2013At the end of a hectic day, this oasis of dining culture was rejuvenating! To label this an Indian restaurant is akin to labeling the statue of David an Italian work of sculpture. The owner and chef is indeed his own Michaelangelo creating dishes and deserts that would appeal to any palate, simple or sophisticated. He is supported by an equally warm, attentive, and knowlegible staff. The ambience is soothing, and the wine is boastful. Enjoy the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!noraVIPDined on 11/21/2013Best Indian restaurant in the neighborhhod! The food is always delicious. The service is great...they make me feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To be welcomed as FamilyNYCfoodieVIPDined on 11/2/2013This was the first visit for my wife and I. We loved it. As soon as we entered, the staff was so friendly. When deciding what to order, our waitress was great with suggestions. I had the "sweet & sour" chicken. My wife is vegetarian, and she was thrilled with the appetizer and main course. The chef came by to greet us. Rangmahal is a family business, as the Chef and waitress are the husband and wife. If you enjoy Indian cuisine, this is the place to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful family who runlinboDined on 10/5/2013A wonderful family who run a wonderful restaurant. The food is consistently good and the decor feels authentic. The family makes you feel as though you are a guest in their home. The Indian syrah was surprisingly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumnoraVIPDined on 8/10/2013As always...delicious food. The owners make you feel like part of the family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLbelDined on 8/3/2013Staff was extremely attentive and helped in menu selection. Everything was fantastic. The owner/chef personally came to our table throughout the evening to make sure we were enjoying what we ordered. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.