RanGetsu at Lake Lily
901 South Orlando Ave
Maitland, FL 32751Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
RanGetsu at Lake Lily
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rangetsu.com/
- Phone: 4073450044x2
- Hours of Operation:
See hours under www.RanGetsu.com
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Yuichiro Yamanaka
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: RanGetsu is happy to offer catering in-house or on location with one month preferred notice
- Private Party Facilities: Come enjoy RanGetsu's private dining space, with flexible privacy settings and original artwork. This intimate space allows for parties with under 20 people to work or play in various stages of isolation from the main dining room. Whether you want a seclusive space to host a party or to enjoy a semi-private gathering while still partaking in the larger ambiance, our dining area can accommodate your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Hosting Desk at 407-345-0044 4073450044
- Entertainment: The ORCHID lounge at RanGetsu is a fun, late night lounge experience with a deep and rich upbeat world class vibe. With energetic lighting, live DJ beats and light robata-grill fare, the ORCHID lounge at RanGetsu will be your new place to see and be seen.
- Special Events: Large parties can be accommodated in the private dining room or on the patio area, in addition guests may reserve the entire venue
- Cross Street: Lake Avenue
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: RanGetsu is located in the Village at Lake Lily in Maitland, FL. 1.0 mile north of Winter Park Village. From I-4 and Lee Road, travel north on Orlando Avenue (17-92) approx one mile. Immediately after you pass Lake Ave., there is a left turn lane on the north end of the Village complex where RanGetsu is located. Use that easy access entrance and simply give your keys to the attendant and enjoy FREE Valet Parking.
A word from RanGetsu at Lake Lily
Experience our new urban modern setting while sampling some of the world's most delicious and authentic Japanese fare from our Chef Yamanaka. Learn how RanGetsu is pioneering a new entertainment concept to morph on special nights into "The ORCHID Lounge at RanGetsu"; a fun, late night lounge experience with a deep and rich upbeat world class vibe. For both the Restaurant and the Lounge, our menu, wines and cocktails, art, lighting and sound come together to create an experience meant to both sooth and excite the mind and soul.... Experience RanGetsu!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
RanGetsu at Lake Lily reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)special occasion (29)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Beautiful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014It's beautiful to dine in or out. The atmosphere is great, the music is not as lout therefore you can have a conversation with your friends. As a group we sat outside. The service was very poor, the waiter didn't even refill anything. The godiva cake was overpriced ($8) and it was nothing godiva about it, terrible. I would return only for a drink to sit outside otherwise it's not for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointmentCarlaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Wow - smallest pieces of sushi we've ever encountered. 3 pieces made the size of what we would get elsewhere (and we eat sushi at a lot of places around the country). The worst part was the server. She didn't even bring our food, another server did. While she visited two tables nearby (one for over 15 minutes chatting), she never came back to us after taking our food order and delivering our drinks. We had to walk to the hostess station and ask for our check. When I said that everything was horrible, the manager came over. He comped our 2 drinks but nothing else. The right thing to do would have been to comp the whole check.
- Great SushiGators14Dined on 8/23/2014I had the veggie sushi and it was amazing. The waitress was very attentive and we never had to wait long for drink refills. I loved how the restaurant was decorated. It felt like you were there for an experience. The outside patio looked very nice and I would love to eat out there when the weather is a little cooler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Kid in a Bar?MommySarahDined on 8/23/2014My fiancé, our 2 year old daughter, and I recently visited for our monthly Dinner Date. We were early for our reservation, and were willing to wait for a dining room booth, but they seated us in a "VIP-style" booth in the bar area. If it had been just my fiancé and I, I would have thought nothing of it, but it was odd to us to seat a young child in a bar (although, it is very tasteful). Our waitress was slightly overbearing, and saying "no thank you" to a water refresh with a mouthful of a roll is not an attempt I'd like to make again. She worked for her tip, and it was sadly obvious. We left a generous one, just because I know how it is (I waitressed/delivered pizzas through college). Overall, the food was fantastic as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best date night ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014This is sincerely the best, most consistent, most delicious restaurant ever! It is definitely our favorite place in Orlando, and would recommend it with 4 thumbs up!Special Features:
- Great food!Kai7215Dined on 8/10/2014The food is delicious and Rangetsu is one of few restaurants that offers true prawns. They don't give you heaping portions. So expect to spend a good amount if you're starvingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointed!HotDishDined on 8/8/2014After waiting almost 45 minutes for two bento boxes the food was cold. The manager offered to remake our food but we were both so hungry we just wanted something to eat. Nothing extra was offered. I expected more from a restaurant.Special Features:
- luvgreatfoodDined on 8/7/2014The food was excellent but the service was not good. Had to ask hostess to have a wait person to come to our table. We arrived early for a 6:30 resv. and were seated promptly but didn't get out until 9:15 or so. Will go back again.Special Features:
- RanGetsu, the place to beTony02Dined on 7/20/2014Great place to have an intimate dinner with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tuna stringy- slow service.JunoDined on 7/18/2014would not go back. sat there for 90 min and still had not had dinner. worst string tuna kabochi i have ever had.
- Good Food, Fair ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014I made a reservation for my fiance's birthday a week in advance. . It took a little longer to be greeted (The restaurant was not busy when we arrived for our 6:30 reservation)but that's not really a big deal. But when our waitress greeted us our experience went downhill pretty quickly. The waitress was aloof and very casual for a fine dining restaurant. When asking her about the menu she could not explain ingredients and certain dishes. The kicker was when she checked her cell phone at the table saying "Oh let me just see what 'they' want." I've been waited on better at Chili's. I'm glad we came during happy hour for cheaper sushi rolls cause I would have had a fit paying 25 bucks a plate with service like that. Better service, please!Special Features:
- Great place!Kukla64Dined on 7/9/2014Loved everything about Rangetsu, the food, atmosphere and service was phenomenal! The management was very attentive, one our our appetizers was extremely delayed and one of the managers came by to apologize and to advise us that he would take the charge off our bill. And the best thing is that the appetizer was worth the wait! The only issue is parking, not much dedicated to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014I had made reservations for 6:30pm and even though we had ordered within a decent time after we sat down, we had to wait an hour before our dinner came. We were told its a very busy night for sushi, we received no apologies from the waitress. To say the least I was disappointed, because several people who came in after we did were already eating by the time our dinner came. Even the Manager walked by our table several times while we were waiting and didn't say anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must TryManInBlackDined on 6/28/2014The service and food was excellent, I would have given the food five stars but the green tea crem brûlée did not agree with me. My wife raved all night about the key lime pie. We will be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go restaurant!KocoDined on 6/28/2014Great food, great services! My hubby & I are already planning to go back! This is one of few restaurants you can get real japanese foods! I mean THE REAL one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArigatoPaulVIPDined on 6/23/2014Consistently the best Sukiyake. Great service, warm atmosphere, and nice sake list.Special Features:
- The following 221 reviews are from the RanGetsu at Lake Lily reviews archive.
- Not your typical hibachi restaurantMbbMarieDined on 5/10/2014Go for the experience of Japanese culture and food. This isn't the place to have someone make an onion volcano and flip s shrimp tail in a pan on your head. It was a wonderful and fun dining experience. Service started out slow, but management proved to be accommodating and very concerned that we weren't pleased.Special Features:
- A wonderful mealtheroadgoeson4everDined on 5/10/2014We were in Orlando for a graduation celebration. A friend who is a chef recommended Rangetsu, having recently dined there. We therefore had high expectations, which were exceeded by our experience! A menu with a wide variety of choices. Very appetizing daily specials. Great wine/beverage list. Attentive service. We will certainly return next time we are in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodKwalkerDined on 5/9/2014We were very happy with our Experience. Great food, service & ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularlekamarieDined on 5/9/2014We sat outside and our waitress was very attentive and even the waitress at the table nearest us seemed very attentive as well...I noticed how sweet she was to their baby who was constantly looking for her. The sake tasted different but I was pleased with it, my man wasn't pleased with it. That, however, didn't change his opinion of the food. The side salad came out promptly. I don't eat slow and I started on the salad immediately but the sushi was out before I finished. We ordered the dancing eel, volcano and the sweetheart rolls. We like sweet rolls and the sweetheart roll was like dessert. I can't stress enough how good these rolls were! The key lime pie was also phenomenal. We are very pleased with this restaurant! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you have hours to wait go for itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014The decor was nice. It was clean. The food was decent, not great. But out waiter was literally the worst I've ever had (and I used to be one so I'm usually understanding if it's busy or something). He blamed everything on other people (including not bringing us menus, forgetting to get drinks, and not refilling our drinks) and generally was a poor server. We had to ask him multiple times for things and he took forever to get back to us. It took an hour and a half to get our food from the time we were sat. I would never go back to this place.
- fjardimDined on 4/28/2014The RanGetsu is the best Japanese Restaurant in town. The Sukiyaki is one of the best I've tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BCHRDined on 4/19/2014We have been there many times and are never disappointed.
- Surprised at the freshness!DianeDined on 3/21/2014Server had great knowledge of the menu. Helped since it was our first time there. Prices Were reasonable. Rolls were fresh!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food...excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014My husband and I enjoyed a lovely date night at Rangetsu. We tried the cheese gratin appetizer which was delicious and delightfully cheesy. For our main meal we enjoyed the Tiger, Philadelphia, Mexican and Sunrise sushi rolls. The were all good but the sunrise, with it's lemon slices on top, was our favorite. For dessert we had the green tea creme brulee. It was also very good. We found it less buttery and creamy than traditional creme brulee, with a more gelatinous texture. But still quite good with a marvelous caramelized crust and homemade caramel on the bottom. We don't eat out often because we are usually disappointed with the quality of restaurant food. Rangetsu was a pleasant surprise. We would certainly return and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our party of 8 ordered a varietyBillVIPDined on 2/22/2014Our party of 8 ordered a variety of dishes and all were very good. The Shabu Shabu was outstanding, as were the several fish and eel rolls that we ordered. The Conch and Miso soup was excellent but they still should have informed us prior to the order that it was prepared in the style of New England Clam Chowder. The restaurant earned high grades and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushiCarlaDDined on 2/16/2014Great outdoor seating for drinks and appetizers. Inside very chic and Sea Bass was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Hopes DashedTonyBDined on 2/15/2014Sadly, can't say we had a great experience. Went there with a group of friends. While the restaurant itself is pleasantly decorated, they destroyed the ambience with the music (techno). Food was OK to excellent. Get the chicken skewers cooked on the lava rock - excellent. Calamari was not good for a Japanese restaurant - tough. Warning, the tap is undrinkable - high sulfur. Our main server was decent. However, the person who cooked the sukiyaki was not good. After initially preparing the dish, he disappeared. It started to burn. We turned the burner off. When he came back, he acted all huffy that we'd turned the burner off. We explained that it was beginning to burn. He copped an attitude, dumped some water into the pot, and stomped off.Special Features:
- The boatshebbieDined on 2/14/2014We had the valentines special. A boat with lobster, steak, crab, chicken, sushi... it was awesome and a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is amazing once itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food is amazing once it finally arrives! Our waiter was really off his game, many tables seated after us were done with their meal before ours arrived. Their menu has changed and is a bit smaller than I remember, but what they make they make well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines daymariadanDined on 2/13/2014We got the boat for 2 it was awesome !! There was a very loud group behind us but we had amazing food and service. We really loved then the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First VisitTommysdebiDined on 2/3/2014We aren't huge Asian food fans, but this restaurant may have changed that for us. The staff was knowledgable and able to help us understand the menu options. They were friendly and attentive. The outdoor lounge is amazing! Lots of comfy couches and heated torches to make even cool evenings inviting. The My Bento was a great way to sample all different types of food if you're not sure what you want. We loved the Tuna Flatbread. Another great savings is to go during Happy Hour with a good selection of $5 appetizers and house wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will dine againCandiBDined on 1/18/2014I was instantly impressed by the decour and the ambiance. The food was great and the service was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely go again...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2014Even though the 4 of us tried several dishes on the menu, there are still many more that I want to try. We will probably go back within the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a typical Japanese restaurantLynceDined on 12/30/2013This was our second visit. Staff is friendly and helpful. Owner always checks on you. We like the Sukiyaki, which is cooked in a lava pot on the table. No Japanese cooks tossing shrimp in the air and clashing knives. The Green Tea Creme Brûlée is exceptional. Only complaint was the noise level. There was one large group celebrating the holidays quite loudly. Didn't experience this on our first visit. Definitely will return and maybe try something different.Special Features:
- Awesome PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/9/2013My girlfriend and I went to celebrate our one year anniversary and had an amazing time. The pork tenderloin was impeccable and the sushi was great too even though I don't eat it. :) We loved the ambiance and the service was great. Highly recommend this place to anyone looking to celebrate any occasion or just for a fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff, our server wasluveatingoutDined on 11/16/2013Great staff, our server was very knowledgeable and cooked the meal at the table. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around wonderful!khardyDined on 11/1/2013We wish we had come sooner. The service was incredible and the food even more so! We ate dinner, then took a walk around lovely Lake Lily, then came back for dessert in the outdoor dining area. Great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awsome PlacegnewcombDined on 10/30/2013Great food and service. If you get Taylor as your server then you are dowble luckySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyMaddiemoobooDined on 10/19/2013Yummy This is a great restaurant fantastic service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.