Range Steakhouse - Harrah's Metropolis
100 Front Street
Metropolis, IL 62960Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Range Steakhouse - Harrah's Metropolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrahsmetropolis.com/restaurants/the-range-steakhouse.html#.Ux4PiM76TCo
- Phone: 8009295905
- Hours of Operation:
Beginning January 13th, 2014 The Range will be closed on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday Hours will be 5:00pm to 10:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday, Monday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Casey Broussard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Range Steakhouse - Harrah's Metropolis
Beginning January 13th, 2014 The Range will be closed on Monday and Tuesday. We will resume normal hours Wednesday through Sunday. At The Range Steakhouse, the signature fine dining restaurant at Harrah’s Metropolis, you can choose from a tantalizing selection of premium steaks, succulent seafood, and savory chicken prepared by award-winning chefs. Conclude this premier dining experience with a decadent dessert, and enjoy a cocktail from our full bar — or a bottle from our wine list, which features both international and local vineyards. Located off the casino floor, The Range Steakhouse offers comfortable, spacious seating in a contemporary setting where you can relax and indulge in fine cuisine. Please note you must be at least 21 years of age to dine at The Range Steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Range Steakhouse - Harrah's Metropolis reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (5)romantic (5)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)good for groups (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Always come here for dinner when we are traveling thru. Food is great, service excellent. One of our favorite places to eat in our travels.Special Features:
- Nice for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014We went to the Range Steakhouse for my wife's birthday. The prices were reasonable for a restaurant of this quality. The srevice was very good.Special Features:
- Great Casino SteakhouseoneyedogDined on 7/10/2014The Range steakhouse at Harrahs Metropolis is a very nice place for a quiet great tasting meal. Excellent choice of meats and a few other items.. but it is a steakhouse.. right. Mushrooms on the side are mmmmm.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014We were in southern Illinois and needed somewhere special to have a nice meal. The menu was not too overwhelming but offer choices for everyone's tastes. I had the crab cakes with the mushroom risotto. The crab cakes were done perfectly. The risotto was made with care. My husband had a steak and all he could say was" finally someone has made my steak just the way I like it. The wait staff was attentive but not too pushy. We had everything we needed to have a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hostess never greeted usLocalfromacrosstheriverDined on 6/27/2014Hostess never greeted us, she turned her back to us, a server had to seat us, our waitress was very niceSpecial Features:
- PickledishDined on 6/13/2014Really wonderful food and a great dining experierce, our waitress was great. I LOVE the Range.Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Range Steakhouse - Harrah's Metropolis reviews archive.
- TschussleDined on 5/25/2014We recently celebrated our anniversary here, since it was about the nicest restaurant we could find in town. The hostess and waitress were very friendly. With the exception of a house salad made mostly with iceberg lettuce, the food and service were better than I expected from a casino restaurant with booths (as opposed to tables with white cloths). As a treat, they served us a complementary dessert. Thanks for the dining experience!
- Great PlaceGoodfoodDined on 5/17/2014The restaurant was nice, clean and up-scale. The service was excellent and the layout is O.K. Great place for a above average (special) place to eat once in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Food was good, service was great, would recommend to a friend. Was a little disappointed with my meal. Ordered the salmon and it said it came on a bed of rice. Assumed this would be rice pilaf. It was minute rice which did nothing for the salmon. Would definitely change this about this dish. My husband said the salad was one of the best he has ever ate and his steak was cooked perfectly. This was our first time here and it won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Our service was great! The steak had a little more "charred" or "blackened" flavor than I prefer, but it wasn't bad & was cooked perfectly to the right temperature. I guess I'm just used to a little more seasoning. Over all, our dining experience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad waitressyorkies3Dined on 3/15/2014i had showed a 25% off coupon to the waitress before I ordered. She said to wait til the bill came. When it came, I forgot to give the coupon to her and stopped her and gave it to her, apologizing. She gave me a look that could have killed me and took it and left in a hateful way. Well she got a small tip for being so hateful to me and made what had been a good evening end with a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereHelenDined on 3/14/2014The food and service were good, but not excellent. With the prices they charge, I was expecting more. But we had a good time anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIght OutTonyCDined on 2/22/2014One of the Best Meals I have had in along time. From appetizer to Dessert everything was Great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014The food, atmosphere and service was great, however, we will probably not come back. We just felt like the food was too expensive for what we received. Portions were small as well. We would have been happier going to Texas Roadhouse or equivalent. I ordered the 6 oz petite filet and my husband got a steak as well.. the ribeye I believe. Everyone at our table had steaks undercooked but they were still very good. For our 2 meals plus 20% gratuity and 2 beers we spent $100.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family visitJohnnyDined on 2/16/2014Our waitress was exceptional. She made it a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014An hour of waiting for Entre, and then excuse that they've been behind all day thats not what we wanted to hear
- Great ServiceMattDined on 8/2/2013My wife and I ate a romantic dinner at The Range, and the staff treated us like we were celebrities. It was very unexpected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good indeedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2013We started with salad's and appetizers - the Crab cakes was the hit of the table. It was perfectly cooked and the flavor of the remoulade was excellent. We also had salads and the cheesy potato and leek soup they were good, but on hind sight, we probably should have forgone the them to save room for the main course and sides. We both had steaks & each steak (Ribeyes) were perfectly cooked. Good Job Chef! We also ordered loaded baked and mashed potatoes for the table. A call out to Tara our server. She was, as always...terrific!!!!She knew a ton about the restaurant, told us how the steak would be cooked and all food was delivered in a timely manner. Finally, she didn't rush us - she let us completely enjoy our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best pork chop ever! HighlySkeeterVIPDined on 4/28/2013The best pork chop ever! Highly recommend this place. We didn't know what to expect but where pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- Lots of variety and quality foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013We had a wonderful meal at Range steakhouse. The salmon was pleasantly crusted on the edges., yet not overcooked in the center. The prime rib was cooked as ordered and a hefty portion. The shrimp were a little cool, but tasty. We also ordered roasted asparagus on the side and they were excellent. The service was paced very well and our server came back to see how we liked our mealSpecial Features:
- Great Steak & scallops. WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013Great Steak & scallops. Wonderful service and finally very good coffee! We had an enjoyable time. Oh I forgot the onion petals were the best, and nicely served.Special Features:
- services was outstanding watressOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2013services was outstanding watress went above and beyond to make out meal greatSpecial Features:
- Great food and service. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Great food and service. We would definately go back.Special Features:
- Having dined at other casinoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Having dined at other casino "specialty" steak houses, the atmosphere and food were good. One thing that did disappoint was that no manager ever came to get direct feedback from our group on the dining experience. For example, Camelot Steakhouse at Excalibur Las Vegas was priced very similar and had more personality. The head chef even took the time to come to our table and wait for me to check the quality and taste of my steak.Special Features:
- Very nice atmosphere. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Very nice atmosphere. Very good food. We enjoyed our dinner very much.Special Features: