Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort
15480 Maricopa Road
Maricopa, AZ 85239Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harrahsakchin.com/restaurants/The-Range-Steakhouse.html#.Ux4FHM76TCo
- Phone: 4808025000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Firday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Colin Ribble
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
A word from Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort
The Range Steakhouse offers a classic steakhouse menu featuring juicy steaks, succulent seafood, delicious appetizers, side dishes and desserts. Our individually hand selected cuts of beef are prepared to perfection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort - Best Restaurants in Maricopa ›
Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (21)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (9)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Always a great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Have dined here about 5 times, always satisfied with the service and food. Reservations a must if dining on a weekend. Had to wait a long time for our meal Friday night but the server apologized several times and provided complimentary dessert. I have to think very highly of a restaurant doing that. I look forward to trying many more dishes here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive food was so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2014I was the only 1 of 4 that liked everything I tried. Another person wasn't so lucky-when they took the full bowl of onion soup away (less one bite) she said she didn't like it but they didn't comment. Two tried the mushroom side and neither liked it. The broccoli was dry & boring. My rib eye was delicious & the mashed potatoes were good but needed salt & pepper which I typically don't add; my asparagus was good but wimpy. Other entrées, ribs & pork chops, were good but not great. The calamari had way too many tentacles, not enough rings. For over $150 we expected outstanding food, not hit & miss. Booths are uncomfortable for larger diners but we were told all tables were reserved yet half of them were unoccupied during our entire dinner.Special Features:
- Great Find!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014This restaurant is a great find for being inside a casino......Outstanding food, great service and tons of food for the price.! Each entrée comes with soup or salad, bread AND two side dishes! Perfect choice for a special occasion......The waiter surprised us with a complimentary "birthday cheesecake".. We will certainly be going back to enjoy this dining experience EVERY time we are at Harrah's Ak Chin Casino !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Range SteakhouseScottDined on 9/13/2014Waiter was excellent, service was great. We enjoyed the food, best steak I have had. The special desert plate for my wife's birthday was the best we have ever seen.Special Features:
- Awesome!LucyHDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time here, I brought my husband for his birthday, and he loved it! He's a former executive chef, and RARELY does he complement how good the food is at certain restaurants and this time he loved it! His lamb chops were cooked perfectly and loved them, he said I would definitely get this agian! The place it's self was wonderful, very quiet and romantic! We will definitely be coming back! The hostes was wonderful as well and the waitress was great! Kudos to The Range Steakhouse!!!!:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FullupDined on 9/12/2014We could not be more pleased with our food. It was so delicious and appealing. Our server was outstanding and the manager was very attentive and positive about how plesant our dinner was and our food quality. We are sorry we had not tried your restaurant before. We will definately be coming back and bring friends and family. We are so happy to have found a food alternative to the Ak-Chin buffet. We have been disappointed in the food quality there for some time. We love the buffet at Harrah's Laughlin and will try the Range Steak House there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Too noisy and cigarette odor from casino comes in to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I have eaten here more than afew times and as always it was awsome, we sat in in the back right corner and it was a bit chilly there, but was not too bad the waiter Scott was awsome and as always the food was excellent and a lot of itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak lover quiet ambianceGbird66Dined on 8/31/2014The steak and sea food choices are the best and the specials offered are sometimes a surf and turf combination that have a special appeal. The steaks are tender and very flavorful. I have never been disappointed with any dinner I have had there and the service is friendly and fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CookerDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I have been there many times over the years and the food is always good and the people working are always friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Food was very good and the service was super, Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HerdDined on 8/25/2014Service was outstanding. Food was good. I really like the option of making res over the internet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor FoodGoodRibsDined on 8/23/2014Although my husband enjoyed his steak, I order the pork baby back ribs and they were so tough I couldn't even get my knife to cut them. I sent them back and the waiter was very kind but there was nothing on the menu that I wanted to eat (not being a steak or fish eater) I asked if there was any chicken but that wasn't available. It was supposed to be for my husband's birthday and but it wasn't enjoyable for his as he ate alone and apart from a wedge salad and some bread I had nothing to eat. The food and service provided by the diamond bar far exceed the Steakhouse. So all in all it was a very unpleasant dining experience for us which was supposed to be a special occasion. It was nothing to do with the waiter, it was the food.
- Better than beforeazjohnnyDined on 8/20/2014We have visited the Range several times in the past. While we always enjoy the food this was the best ever. They may have changed the Chef, I don't know but the food was excellent.Special Features:
- it was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014I was a little nervous when we first got there. It looked like an old seventies restaurant. I was expecting something more like a Fleming's and it was not but the prices are a little lower as well because each meal comes with the sides. Our server was very good. My wife and I both had steaks. Hers was good but a little overcooked, mine was good but a little more grisly than what I would have thought. Overall I think for the price it was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014we enjoyed our dining experience and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group checkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Servers tried to split check up, and it took 40 minutes for some of party to get checks. Terrible! Completely unorganizedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Range SteakhousetoolmanDined on 8/1/2014Our favorite spot for birthdays and anniversaries. The steak and seafood on the menu is the best in town! We eat here twice a month and have never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeBudmanDined on 7/21/2014My husband and I have been to Shullas and Ditkas..this resturant far above them in food quality and service..we will return..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasionJumperDined on 7/18/2014We had the filet and the halibut, both were cooked perfectly, seasoned well and the sides are always good. As strange as it sounds, get the Mac&Cheese. It is the best. Servers are very professional and always available if you need them. Highly recommend themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceRWNoDined on 7/16/2014Kudos to our Waiter Rob for the excellent service. We returned two nights later and asked for him and we will make sure we dine on a night he is working in the future.Special Features:
- The Range Steakhouse is quality.lmsw55Dined on 7/15/2014I have eaten at the Range Steakhouse each time I stay at Harrah's Ak Chin Resort. The food and service are consistently excellent. It is a bit dark in the restaurant, but some may enjoy the low lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Senior Citizen ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Top quality meats are used and I really appreciate that. They also know how to get it to the temp you ordered it. It was rather noisy (mostly coming from the kitchen) and that was bothersome. The booths were re-designed? and smaller than last time I was there. Prices are very nice for the high quality.Special Features:
- Consistently Great Food!ChoiceDined on 7/13/2014We had four in our party..all with different tastes...the Halibut was fantastic...the salad was perfect...mushrooms and onions were good too! I like the way the vegis are separated in different bowls...my brother had the ribs ..loved them...the wine selection was very good as my brother is from Sonoma, Cal...and knows all the vineyards ..he even mentioned it was a good selection..Great service too...we even gave him a better tip than 20% as it was perfect! Thanks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We always look forward to dining at The Range. Food, service etc., is great.Special Features:
- Wonderful SteakhouseStevenDined on 7/12/2014Once again, everything was great......they even had the exact booth I asked for on line---food was great---great service--they all have it together at this place. That is why I always go back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014The food is always excellent---usually order a steak which is very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entire mealRodftnhills027Dined on 7/5/2014We were totally surprised that the meal included a soup or salad and two sides. Food quality and value for the money excellent. We will definitely go back at the end of the month when we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceaeromanDined on 7/3/2014Great restaurant for dinner. Our waiter was excellent and added some fun to the experience. Prime rib was great.
- Range resturantNoScrapsDined on 6/29/2014Even though it is a small Steakhouse ,it is very nice. We have visited there several time since the Steakhouse opened and are allways treated wonderful. We have also visited the Range in Vegas and were treated very well there too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday meetingtoolmanDined on 6/22/2014As usual, the food and hospitality was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary/ birthday at favorite2forcruisenDined on 6/22/2014We were seated immediately upon arrival. Seating was very good and the waitress was very pleasant and attentive. The food was good and abundant.Special Features:
- Casino Fine DiningcasinolvrDined on 6/15/2014Excellent place to get away from the Casino noise and enjoy a good meal. Food was excellent, service can be better but the manager is trying to get all servers up to par. Large amount of food so sharing a meal is possible.Special Features:
- It gets better with every visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/10/2014The atmosphere is awesome, our waiter James is one of the best we've encountered. Our food was perfect, its worth the price we pay. Thank you for making our experience memorable for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasurelmsw55Dined on 6/2/2014I have eaten at the Range Steakhouse several times. This particular time, the service was not as good as my previous dining experiences at Range Steakhouse. However, the menu is excellent and the food is consistently delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough meatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014Have dined at the Range at Ak-Chin many times and this is the second time I have been disappointed in my Filet. Tough and grisly. Unfortunately my wife's was the same way. Ate at the Range in Laughlin and had a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- very niceCookerDined on 5/27/2014My wife and I arrived before our reservation time and were welcomed with smiles all around. The steak was very tender and cooked to our liking. The salads we tried were fresh and plentiful. The House Fries were hard and not very tastful. We ordered a $55 of White Wine and was informed that they did not have any that were chilled at that time so they lost money as we ordered a bottle that was $35. That was a disappointment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014My husband and I had a nice time the service was excellent and the waiters were the best!!!!Special Features:
- Great FoodaeromanDined on 5/25/2014Food and service were excellent. Reservations a must, otherwise long waits.
- The following 119 reviews are from the Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort reviews archive.
- What a find!SurprisedInMaricopaDined on 5/19/2014I never expected to find such a great steakhouse in the Maricopa area. The prices were on par for the quality of food and service. The one time I've been to The Range our server gave sub-par service but the other wait staff made up for it. I ordered the 16 oz. New York Strip and it was cooked perfectly. Good quality meat, the drinks were stiff, and the sides were delicious. All-in-all I'd definitely recommend visiting if you make a trip to Ak-Chin Casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.