Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort
15480 Maricopa Road
Maricopa, AZ 85239Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harrahsakchin.com/restaurants/The-Range-Steakhouse.html#.Ux4FHM76TCo
- Phone: (480) 802-5000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Firday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Colin Ribble
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
A word from Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort
The Range Steakhouse offers a classic steakhouse menu featuring juicy steaks, succulent seafood, delicious appetizers, side dishes and desserts. Our individually hand selected cuts of beef are prepared to perfection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort - Best Restaurants in Maricopa ›
Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)fit for foodies (17)romantic (14)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (8)notable wine list (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- bob12Dined on 11/12/2014Great place to go for a excellent dining experience. From the time you walk in until you are done dining, they welcome you. The service is excellent as is the food. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special handlingPerculator66Dined on 11/10/2014The service given to us by our waitress Jodi was above and beyond,even with a warm smile,great personality. Food was well served,presented and delicious.Special Features:
- Perfection!FlwrpwrDined on 11/4/2014The service and food were both amazing. I loved the Bruschetta appetizer and my steak. The cocktail menu had some fun options too... Overall a perfect experience all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RangeGreatfoodDined on 10/31/2014Best steak I've had in the Phoenix area. Food is consistently good and a good value. Our favorite place to eat, just wish it was closer.Special Features:
- A Nice Place for a Special OccasionMattDined on 10/26/2014I took my wife to the Range Steakhouse for our anniversary. My wife had the surf and turf, and I had a blackened NY strip steak. The food was good and our waiter provided us with excellent service. I would definitely consider going again to the Range Steakhouse.Special Features:
- ljphillipsDined on 10/18/2014We have always had a fabulous experience at the Range Steakhouse. It is a 'must' when we visit the Casino and especially when we are with guests. The staff is always professional, gracious and fun. It is the complete great experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014For the price of the food it did not compare to other fine dining restaurants I have been to. Food was average and I would not consider dining there for a quality meal at that price.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014We are "frequent fliers" at The Range and always plan to have dinner, especially if we are spending the night. Two of our party of four were celebrating a birthday that day. Two steak dinners, one special of the day (seafood mix including lobster tail over spicy pasta), and divers scallops. Salads, clam chowder, onion soup, mushrooms and a variety of veggies - ALL excellent. Beautifully prepared and presented. After mentioning the birthdays to our server, we were presented with two gigantic complimentary deserts with sharing spoons. The four of us couldn't even finish them. Outstanding meals and attentive, friendly service made this a very memorable night out.Special Features:
- A little dissapointedFrancis2Dined on 10/4/2014We ride red prim rib and filet and ordered both medium well. Their definition shows medium well is slightly pink in middle. The prime rib was more medium way more pink and the filet was well done. They were tasty but definitely not cooked to order.Special Features:
- Superb service!MelShelDined on 10/3/2014The food and service were superb! Our server suggested many options and offered to "re-do" the broccoli which we preferred a little less al dente. She was a delight and a major asset at the restaurant. Our only complaint was a large, LOUD, obnoxious party up at the bar watching a game. Those types of groups belong in another bar. It definitely took away from the ambiance of the Range Steakhouse which we expect to be a quieter, more soothing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very goodAkchinDined on 10/2/2014Enjoyed a very nice quiet dinner and had a wonderful bone in filet. Comes with soup or salad and veggies and potatoes are all carte. Average to high prices but worth itSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood FavtoolmanDined on 9/28/2014We always eat eat here for every special occasion. Very consistent quality for steaks, seafood and one excellent pork chop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite restaurants!Cmcgr05Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I visit Ak-Chin about once a month. For many years, The Range has been a part of our overnight getaway and once again we were very pleased with the food and service last night. We always request Cory. His attentiveness is discreet, and he keeps a close watch over his tables, refilling bread and beverages, removing salad plates, and timing the delivery of the entree seamlessly. The food is outstanding. We both chose prime rib and agreed the meat was tender and cooked perfectly. The bleu cheese dressing on the large salad contained actual bleu cheese crumbles! The new smoked glass entry doors filter the casino noise. We will get back to the noise and flashing lights of the casino floor soon enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!cinlinleDined on 9/19/2014Have dined here about 5 times, always satisfied with the service and food. Reservations a must if dining on a weekend. Had to wait a long time for our meal Friday night but the server apologized several times and provided complimentary dessert. I have to think very highly of a restaurant doing that. I look forward to trying many more dishes here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive food was so-soDisappointedDinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014I was the only 1 of 4 that liked everything I tried. Another person wasn't so lucky-when they took the full bowl of onion soup away (less one bite) she said she didn't like it but they didn't comment. Two tried the mushroom side and neither liked it. The broccoli was dry & boring. My rib eye was delicious & the mashed potatoes were good but needed salt & pepper which I typically don't add; my asparagus was good but wimpy. Other entrées, ribs & pork chops, were good but not great. The calamari had way too many tentacles, not enough rings. For over $150 we expected outstanding food, not hit & miss. Booths are uncomfortable for larger diners but we were told all tables were reserved yet half of them were unoccupied during our entire dinner.Special Features:
- Great Find!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014This restaurant is a great find for being inside a casino......Outstanding food, great service and tons of food for the price.! Each entrée comes with soup or salad, bread AND two side dishes! Perfect choice for a special occasion......The waiter surprised us with a complimentary "birthday cheesecake".. We will certainly be going back to enjoy this dining experience EVERY time we are at Harrah's Ak Chin Casino !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Range SteakhouseScottDined on 9/13/2014Waiter was excellent, service was great. We enjoyed the food, best steak I have had. The special desert plate for my wife's birthday was the best we have ever seen.Special Features:
- Awesome!LucyHDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time here, I brought my husband for his birthday, and he loved it! He's a former executive chef, and RARELY does he complement how good the food is at certain restaurants and this time he loved it! His lamb chops were cooked perfectly and loved them, he said I would definitely get this agian! The place it's self was wonderful, very quiet and romantic! We will definitely be coming back! The hostes was wonderful as well and the waitress was great! Kudos to The Range Steakhouse!!!!:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FullupDined on 9/12/2014We could not be more pleased with our food. It was so delicious and appealing. Our server was outstanding and the manager was very attentive and positive about how plesant our dinner was and our food quality. We are sorry we had not tried your restaurant before. We will definately be coming back and bring friends and family. We are so happy to have found a food alternative to the Ak-Chin buffet. We have been disappointed in the food quality there for some time. We love the buffet at Harrah's Laughlin and will try the Range Steak House there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Too noisy and cigarette odor from casino comes in to restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I have eaten here more than afew times and as always it was awsome, we sat in in the back right corner and it was a bit chilly there, but was not too bad the waiter Scott was awsome and as always the food was excellent and a lot of itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak lover quiet ambianceGbird66Dined on 8/31/2014The steak and sea food choices are the best and the specials offered are sometimes a surf and turf combination that have a special appeal. The steaks are tender and very flavorful. I have never been disappointed with any dinner I have had there and the service is friendly and fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CookerDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I have been there many times over the years and the food is always good and the people working are always friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Food was very good and the service was super, Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HerdDined on 8/25/2014Service was outstanding. Food was good. I really like the option of making res over the internet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor FoodGoodRibsDined on 8/23/2014Although my husband enjoyed his steak, I order the pork baby back ribs and they were so tough I couldn't even get my knife to cut them. I sent them back and the waiter was very kind but there was nothing on the menu that I wanted to eat (not being a steak or fish eater) I asked if there was any chicken but that wasn't available. It was supposed to be for my husband's birthday and but it wasn't enjoyable for his as he ate alone and apart from a wedge salad and some bread I had nothing to eat. The food and service provided by the diamond bar far exceed the Steakhouse. So all in all it was a very unpleasant dining experience for us which was supposed to be a special occasion. It was nothing to do with the waiter, it was the food.
- Better than beforeazjohnnyDined on 8/20/2014We have visited the Range several times in the past. While we always enjoy the food this was the best ever. They may have changed the Chef, I don't know but the food was excellent.Special Features:
- it was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014I was a little nervous when we first got there. It looked like an old seventies restaurant. I was expecting something more like a Fleming's and it was not but the prices are a little lower as well because each meal comes with the sides. Our server was very good. My wife and I both had steaks. Hers was good but a little overcooked, mine was good but a little more grisly than what I would have thought. Overall I think for the price it was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014we enjoyed our dining experience and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group checkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Servers tried to split check up, and it took 40 minutes for some of party to get checks. Terrible! Completely unorganizedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Range SteakhousetoolmanDined on 8/1/2014Our favorite spot for birthdays and anniversaries. The steak and seafood on the menu is the best in town! We eat here twice a month and have never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 141 reviews are from the Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort reviews archive.
- great placeBudmanDined on 7/21/2014My husband and I have been to Shullas and Ditkas..this resturant far above them in food quality and service..we will return..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasionJumperDined on 7/18/2014We had the filet and the halibut, both were cooked perfectly, seasoned well and the sides are always good. As strange as it sounds, get the Mac&Cheese. It is the best. Servers are very professional and always available if you need them. Highly recommend themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceRWNoDined on 7/16/2014Kudos to our Waiter Rob for the excellent service. We returned two nights later and asked for him and we will make sure we dine on a night he is working in the future.Special Features:
- The Range Steakhouse is quality.lmsw55Dined on 7/15/2014I have eaten at the Range Steakhouse each time I stay at Harrah's Ak Chin Resort. The food and service are consistently excellent. It is a bit dark in the restaurant, but some may enjoy the low lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Senior Citizen ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Top quality meats are used and I really appreciate that. They also know how to get it to the temp you ordered it. It was rather noisy (mostly coming from the kitchen) and that was bothersome. The booths were re-designed? and smaller than last time I was there. Prices are very nice for the high quality.Special Features:
- Consistently Great Food!ChoiceDined on 7/13/2014We had four in our party..all with different tastes...the Halibut was fantastic...the salad was perfect...mushrooms and onions were good too! I like the way the vegis are separated in different bowls...my brother had the ribs ..loved them...the wine selection was very good as my brother is from Sonoma, Cal...and knows all the vineyards ..he even mentioned it was a good selection..Great service too...we even gave him a better tip than 20% as it was perfect! Thanks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We always look forward to dining at The Range. Food, service etc., is great.Special Features:
- Wonderful SteakhouseStevenDined on 7/12/2014Once again, everything was great......they even had the exact booth I asked for on line---food was great---great service--they all have it together at this place. That is why I always go back..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf & TurfsnjworldDined on 7/11/2014One of the best Surf & Turf you will find in AZ. It's worth the drive!Special Features: