Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort
15480 Maricopa Road
Maricopa, AZ 85239Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harrahsakchin.com/restaurants/The-Range-Steakhouse.html#.Ux4FHM76TCo
- Phone: (480) 802-5000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Firday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Colin Ribble
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
A word from Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort
The Range Steakhouse offers a classic steakhouse menu featuring juicy steaks, succulent seafood, delicious appetizers, side dishes and desserts. Our individually hand selected cuts of beef are prepared to perfection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort - Best Restaurants in Maricopa ›
Range Steakhouse - Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)fit for foodies (20)romantic (15)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (9)notable wine list (7)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014I think they need more servers, when our food was delivered we were never asked if we needed anything else. I feel the waiters were more interested on taking care of the big party setting in our area. The food was excellent, our waiter was good, but I feel he didn't have the help he needed to take care of the customers as they should be or hire more servers.Special Features:
- Great choice for Special times....StevenDined on 3/23/2014We took 2 out of town guests there, and they were very impressed with the food and prices......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse ReviewReemDined on 3/22/2014Overall, not a great experience. We've eaten at Harrah's 360 & Jack Binon's Steakhouse in Council Bluffs, IA and thought this would be just as good. We were very disappointed. The booth was tight, uncomfortable - the whole room seemed cramped. The waiter was great and the dessert was very good but was very disappointed in my salad - ranch dressing had no flavor and there were onions in the dressing. The prime rib was fair - it looked more like a steak than prime rib but it did have a nice flavor. Overall, I didn't think this Harrah's restaurant was at the same standard as other Harrah's restaurants we've been to.
- Thank YouOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014You helped make our 60th special, the food was wonderful our server took very good care of usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningAlwaysHungryDined on 3/21/2014The service and the food was very good. The atmosphere was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningdandydonDined on 3/20/2014Online reservations are excellent, felt a little ignored at concierge after confirming our res. attendant went out of our way to attend to other guests, their questions, booking reservations, etc. It took a while for her to seat us. Food and service was very good, staff were very informed and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEED A BETTER MENUWAYNEODined on 3/14/2014MAIN COURSES ARE VERY GOOD. BUT SIDES SUCK. YOU NEED MORE PICKS, BECAUSE VEGETABLES, IS LITTLE TO PICK FROM . NEED TO ADD CORN ON THE COB, GREEN BEANS, BEET SALAD, OR COLE SLAW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed dinner with excellentRikaDined on 3/11/2014Enjoyed dinner with excellent food and service. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummymmrmDined on 3/9/2014By far one of the best cuts of meat and prepared exceptionaly - grilled asparagus awesome.Special Features:
- Great steak and lamb chops.2014MaggieDined on 3/5/2014We met another couple there and the service was quick and friendly . The food was fresh and the steak and lamb chops were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestStevenDined on 3/2/2014The food and service is always good here...never have had a bad meal--or service.....its is reasonable to other restraunts in its class..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster tailOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014the lobster tail was good as always - this is the only type of food we order when we come to your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in the desertMikeshyDined on 2/19/2014My wife and I had a delightful dinner at The Range Steakhouse. It started with a very generous wine pour. We each had the wedge salad. My wife indicated that it was the best wedge salad she had ever had. The lettuce was fresh and crisp. It was loaded with bacon, onions, tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese and an excellent creamy blue. Cheese dressing; all chopped finely. I had the16 ounce ribeye steak. It was cooked perfectly and was tender and tasty. Our server, Cory did a great job of taking care of us. All in all, it was a great experience.Special Features:
- SteakhouseluckyladyDined on 2/17/2014We were celebrating a birthday which was a reason to upscale to the Steakhouse. Steak and lobster was quite good. The servings are big, so we always have leftovers. The service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food,Good Prces,Good Service!StevenDined on 2/16/2014We always go there for special Occasions. The food is always superb, great service, and reasonable for what you get for your money. The employees work together to give great customer service, and are very friendly. I highly suggest to try this place if you have not already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rob, our waiter was excellentDancerlady2Dined on 2/16/2014Rob, our waiter was excellent and recalled my previous visit to The Range. My guest and I ordered similar entrees which were absolutely fantastic. The 4 oz. filets were done to perfection, as was the lobster tails. The server who assisted Rob was very good as well. I would return to the Range more often, but because of driving distance it is not feasible but for special occasions. Whenever I visit other casino establishments that have a Range facility I make a reservation promptly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeSmilinladyDined on 2/14/2014We arrived 30 minutes earlier than our 5:30pm reservation and was seated right away which was a good thing since it was valentine's day and the restaurant filled very quickly after that. Our food was prepared nicely and was very tasty. The prices were average for fine dining. I would eat here again.Special Features:
- Perfect Valentine's Day DinnerSueABDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant was on overload for Valentine's dinner and yet the employees handled it beautifully. We are retired and consider this a splurge to treat ourselves at The Range Steakhouse and we have never been disappointed. Our steaks were perfect and our server was upbeat and informative. Our only problem was the new plates keep spinning and moving when we put any pressure on them. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The mashed potatoes tastedOutatownerDined on 2/13/2014The mashed potatoes tasted instant. The mac and cheese tasted like old grease. The steak was good. Bacon wrapped shrimp was rubbery. Lobster bisque soup was luke warm and skimpy portion.
- Bad BirthdayJoantbDined on 2/13/2014Had to wait 20 min. to be seated. Quite a few min. before our order was taken and then a group of 12 was seated next to our booth..very loud people. The men in that group did not even take their hats off in this very nice place. We asked to be moved and were told that there was no place to move to. The whole meal was spoiled by this group since we could not carry on a conversation with their loudness. Also, the service to our booth was not good because of this other party. Three of us had good food, but the 4th ordered pork chops and the two were not cooked thru. Sent back and was told they had butterflied the chops. Now instead of two butterflied chops there was 1 chop, cooked to leather. Usually good service & food-not this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- range in Februarygreat2dineDined on 2/8/2014we have dined here at least a half dozen times, never a flaw , always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish you would still havelindDined on 2/8/2014I wish you would still have mushrooms in merlot sauce like you used to have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSandieDined on 2/5/2014Mouth watering steaks we will most definitely be back. The service was great and it was so easy on line to make the reservation. My friends enjoyed it as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've eaten here many timesBettyboopDined on 2/4/2014I've eaten here many times and always enjoyed it. This time however was a disaster. To start, my friend ordered a brandy old fashioned that tasted nothing like it should. We have no idea what it was made of. I ordered the special of the day - filet of walleye almandine. Coming from the Great Lakes area I know what walleye is and this was definitely not! It came as two strips of fish, each about 2" thick by 2" wide, very dry and tough as well as very old and fishy tasting. It seemed almost as though they were cleaning out the freezer and tried to pass whatever it was off as something it wasn't. We were also disappointed that they got rid of the salad bar.
- unexpected pleasureBudmanDined on 1/28/2014From the moment we walked through the doors of this restaurant we were pleasantly surprised. We have been to Shulas and Diktas and had horrible experience. From the receptionist to our waiter James..had a wonderful time.Food was excellent. Differently recommend this place to family and friends.We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Nightf2z9Dined on 1/25/2014A great birthday gift, enjoyed the restaurant and the food (1/2 rack pork ribs with sides, meal drink, wine and cheesecake for dessert. Enjoyed the pampering by the waiters...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014This was our 3rd visit to the Range and every time we have been there the food has been excellent, the service has been great and the servers are very friendly and helpful. The chef has come out each time we have been there to see how we like the food and this time when he saw my aunt was having trouble cutting her prime rib (she recently had surgery on her hand) he cut it into bite size pieces for her. We are definitely planning on eating there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely placeGenieDined on 1/24/2014Nice people, great service, food was outstanding. We went for our 10 year anniversary and we had an awesome night. Thanks for making it special. Cory was especially wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not happyRosieDined on 1/19/2014Took too long to order our food. Appetizer was good. Cream spinach was spinach leaves in water. Prime rib not all that tender. Not impresses. I did use my 100.00 diamond celebration voucher. The meal came to 75.00 and our waiter ROB said ok looks like ur all set . A 25.00 tip was ridiculous as he didn't deserve it and that was over 15 percent gratuity. That is our experience. Restaurant is too high priced, very dark and over rated
- Birthday CelebrationJoantbDined on 1/17/2014There were four of us & two in the party were celebrating birthdays. Although the restaurant was crowded, we had very good service and the food came out in a timely manner. All food was excellent & the portions were large (we all took boxes home with us). We also were served complimentary ice cream for our birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/15/2014Food was good but service was slow. Had to keep asking the waiter for things. Never did get my tea at end of meal. Finally gave up and left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet Mignon ever!GinnyEDined on 1/15/2014The food and the service at The Range are great. The menu has various excellent cuts of meats with a number of sauces as well as chicken and fish. The meals come with soup or salad. We had the salad which was excellent. Our filet came cooked at the temperatures we requested and was very tender and tasty. Service was impeccable and all the waiters were very friendly. A number of groups were celebrating anniversaries, as were we. I'd recommend it as a place for a high class, special occasion meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. We likeJoanieDined on 1/15/2014The food was great. We like to go there for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Plus Experience.GoRoDined on 1/12/2014We enjoyed NY Strip steaks with two veggies on the side and our choice of soup or salad. The steaks were cooked to our order and the accompaniments were well prepared and well presented. The bread and rolls basket had a nice variety of both. I highly recommend dining at The Range!Special Features:
- great food slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Awesome food. Service very slow took 15 min to get our drinks server barely even checked on us until check came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as any Outback dinnerHMCwizardDined on 1/9/2014The Range is the only steakhouse currently operating in Maricopa, which means we'll be making the 20 mile drive to the Phoenix area whenever we want a really good steak. Their steak was basically unseasoned and flavorless. The side dishes were completely unremarkable and the bread somewhat stale. We went to Longhorn two nights later to satisfy our craving for a good steak dinner. You should add a recommend checkbox for "Good When There's Nowhere Else to Go"
- Nice atmosphere and very goodim4critersDined on 1/8/2014Nice atmosphere and very good food. Thought because of the Casino it might be smokey but it wasn't.Special Features:
- Hail to the Chef!msmacDined on 1/2/2014We had the filet mignon and it was melt in your mouth, cut it with a fork awesome! For dessert, I had the Peanut Butter Chocolate Silk pie and my husband had Apple Caramel cake. Both were to die for!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerkanemochaDined on 12/30/2013We have been to the Range Steakhouse on more than one occasion and the food has always been good and cooked to our liking. We went on 12/30/2013 for our anniversary and brought our son with us. We had a good evening and our server was attentive and answered all of our questions. He told us about the December feature which we opted not to try but my husband did try the pan seared halibut which was very flavourful. Overall we had a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We wanted a special placesandivDined on 12/29/2013We wanted a special place to celebrate our 48th anniversary and certainly felt that we chose right. I had the special, it was wonderful and the steak my husband had was fantastic. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.