7026 Main Street
Frisco, TX 75033Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.randyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9723353066
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Randy Burks
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Randy's has seven private dining rooms to accommodate parties from 10 to 70 guests. We can custom design any menu using items from or dinner menu. Randy's is also available for parties of 20-70 guests for luncheons with a minimum 48 hours notice.
- Private Party Contact: Randy Burks 9725673359
- Special Events: Book your special events with Randy's today. We are able to accommodate a wide variety of parties and menus.
A word from Randy's Steakhouse
Randy Burks and his staff would like to invite you to dine at Randy's Steakhouse. Dine in our elegant, historic Victorian home built in 1869. Enjoy hand-cut prime steaks, fresh seafood, and our extensive international wine list. Randie's (named after Randy's daughter) Lounge features nightly Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 5-7:00 with $1 off all drinks served in our lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Randy's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)neighborhood gem (67)romantic (61)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (24)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Delicious and RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Someone gave us a gift certificate here. Perfect for a romantic quiet night. Food was incredible. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- FoodloverDined on 9/6/2014This was our first visit to Randy's but won't be our last. The service was prompt and the food was delicious. A great place to visit for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!klynchDined on 9/5/2014The place to go for a great steak! Sides and desserts were also exceptional!Special Features:
- Always a winnerchicagofanDined on 9/5/2014We visit Randy's at least once a month. Every time it is special even without a special occasion. We got lucky and had dinner in one of the smaller rooms and we were alone throughout most of our meal. Very nice. We especially like the great food and the fact that you can actually carry on a conversation without having to shout over other people or music. Randy's is a winner.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundDinerJMDined on 8/31/2014Dined here for restaurant week. Waitress (Jocelyn) was outstanding and was very knowledgeable about the menu and was able to readily make recommendations. She was very attentive. Randy was in house the night of our visit and stopped by for a moment to ask how our meal was going. No poor marks for any aspect of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service Needs WorkanonymousDined on 8/30/2014First time to Randy's Steakhouse. The food was very enjoyable. Had a nice wide selection of appetizers, entrees, and desserts, though you don't have many sides to chose from. Service needs work though. I had scheduled a reservation about 3 weeks in advance. My wife and I were placed in a room upstairs, and we did not have any other guests show up in that room for well over an hour. We did feel forgotten, took well over two hours to finish our dinner. I was disappointed when I went downstairs and saw plenty of open tables. Waiter was fine, had great suggestions, just must have been stretched a little thin. I would recommend the food, and for me, the food should be what is most important when dining out. I say at least give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Randys was crowded due to Restaurant Week and the service was a bit slow, but we had a large party and had a room of our own. It was great to visit and let the 19 month old walk around. The food was good and we all enjoyed the relaxed service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting place with great food!TTUGrlDined on 8/30/2014It was our first time to visit Randy's Steakhouse and we were blown away. The menu is creative and the food is delicious. The service was great and our waiter was so nice to tell us some history about the restaurant. For a steakhouse, prices were reasonable for the amount of food you get and the quality. Definitely a new favorite restaurant for us!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014Chairs are very rickety. Food was adequate at best. Steak was not very tender. Great Service from Cindy.
- Worth the trip to Frisco!Rlwetzel273Dined on 8/29/2014This place is amazing! The food and service were AWESOME!!! Definitely going to make this a regular place to visit. The brie appetizer was amazing! I think I am going to go for a happy hour and just eat that! The wine was fantastic. Great variety for our table and price points. The meat was amazing! The sides were divine! The dessert, I had to take home because I was too full! However, it was just as amazing the next day!!!Special Features:
- Date NightFoodSnobDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I much needed a date night. Two kids started freshman year in college and we survived the first week of high school with the others. We've been in Frisco for 13 years and never tried Randy's Steakhouse. We have eaten at Three Forks and the like before and we were eager to try a comparable restaurant that was local. We went to The Lounge first and the service was excellent. When we were ready for dinner, the hostess escorted us to our table. We were seated in the back room, which had a great ambiance. We ordered the Brie appetizer, along with a salad and steak. The food was excellent! Best of all was the service. We were never rushed and dined for about two hours. Definitely would go back. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningWes1247Dined on 8/29/2014It's not our first trip to Randy's we've been going for years on special occasions or when we just really want an above average dinner. We go back to the days of Randy's when he was in a smaller location a block away. We had a great meal to celebrate a good friends birthday, everyone at the table had only the highest accolades for their dinner, no one ordered the same thing and each of us had top notch entrees and side dishes. I ordered a rib-eye medium rare with a char on the outside .....which is difficult to do, it was perfect and a nice cut of meat. My sautéed mushrooms had a great sauce and weren't over cooked. Spectacular house butter and homemade bread. Randy came out visited and to insure everything was up to his high standards.Special Features:
- excellent valuereddotDined on 8/29/2014Randy's has the best value Restaurant Week around, we did six RW restaurants this year and his is by far the best value with great food. We have also dined there non-RW and found it to be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuliaDined on 8/29/2014We found Randy's during DFW Restaurant Week, and we were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and the amazing proportions. We ordered steaks and scallops, both of which were tender and delicious.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerAnvdinnerDined on 8/28/2014We went to Randy's for a birthday dinner. There were 4 people in our party and we all had a wonderful meal. The food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Frisco is really growing with new restaurants, but Randy's is staying strong as a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Fabulous!texaneDined on 8/23/2014We went to Randy's for restaurant week. They provided the regular menu and portions. The steak was excellent and cooked exactly as I requested. The service was spectacular. We were served promptly but allowed to dine without being interrupted. Do not miss dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLoveToEatDined on 8/23/2014Too much is a good way to describe the food - too much cheese on the creamed spinach and au gratin potatoes. (I didn't know you could have too much cheese, but you can) My husband attempted to scoop the spinach out from under the heavy layer of cheese to get to the vegetable covered in sauce. The Martini was the worst Martini we have ordered out-far too much olive juice. Desserts were average. One surprise was the Calamari-it was a standout. Our server talked us into the filet with blackberry sauce and filet stuffed with blue cheese. We both wished we had ordered the filet without sauce, to see if the filet was crisp on the outside. We won't be back to find out. At these prices, there are too many other great choices.Special Features:
- A Unique Dining ExperienceBadgerPeteDined on 8/22/2014We arrived 5 minutes before our reservation, but were immediately told it would be "a few minutes" so were directed to the bar area. The restaurant, located in an historic mansion from the 1860's is quite spectacular. However, similar to the building, the wait "got old" after awhile. Because of the wait, we were given our first round of drinks on the house and were seated about 35 minutes after our reservation. Even then, the service was slow. However, the food was all very good to excellent, including salad (very good), filet (excellent), au gratin potatoes (excellent!), and asparagus (very good). So, if you're in a hurry, this is probably not the place for you. But, for a relaxing, slower evening, this fits the bill nicely!Special Features:
- Memorial Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Eight of us gathered to celebrate a special birthday. We had a wonderful time. The service was great and she did not hurry us at all, which we appreciated. The food was fantastic and the wine delightful. By the end of the dinner we realized we had been there for 3 1/2 hours. The staff never made us feel as if they wanted us to leave and we were so grateful to have this special time together with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice PlaceFWrocksDined on 8/21/2014The food was good but not outstanding. Our two servers were fun and very attentive and we did not wait for anything too long. The meal was good, I would say the steak is not greaat beef, better than a chain but no where near as tender and good as other major steakhouses around. However, I appreciate their participation in Restaurant Week and did enjoy my evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasted MoneyChefPotVIPDined on 8/21/2014Service started good and went down hill fast. Business Casual does not mean t-shirts, shorts, flip flops and cell phones. NOT prime meat or even select !!! Overcooked my stuffed filet, burnt my wife's filet with raspberry sauce. Crawfish stuffing was good and onion rings OK but could use a kick. Executive Chef, Author, Restaurant / Food Critic and Consultant Johannes W. Pot 214-505-6104
- An experience to be repeatedCourse2courseDined on 8/20/2014When you take a location along a vintage inspired street in a historical building and partner it with courteous, engaging waitstaff you set the mood for a pleasurable dinning experience. Care is take to provide time between courses to enjoy ones food and that food is prepared with great attention to both quality and quantity. It's is a treat for the taste buds and that makes it well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rip offrediculousDined on 8/20/2014Horrible dinner and service. Took 1 hour and 15 before we got a 8 oz steak and the order was wrong on salad and main course.
- DandyRandysDined on 8/20/2014Love the ambience at Randy's. The small dining rooms are perfect. The food was delicious and service was very good. The only negative was that the featured wine was not available. I'm not a big steak eater, but my beef tournedos were tender (even though I requested well done - it is really and art form when the beef is well done and tender; the garlic mashed potatoes were fabulous. When we received a call the next day from Randy thanking us for dining at his restaurant, well that is the tops in customer service. We'll be returning and recommending this restaurant.Special Features:
- Warm, invitingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2014Great food, generous portions, helpful, courteous service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A for EfforttastytastyDined on 8/18/2014B- for delivery. The food was not interesting at all. Flavors very flat. Having said that Randy is a gentleman and his staff very well trained. If this review was purely for service it would be a five s
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The reason I gave 3 stars is because we had a reservation for 8:30, we didn't get seated till 9:15-9:30. We sat at the table and it took another 10-15 min for our server to come get ours drink orders. I understand it was resturant week, but you would think they would have more staff knowing it was busy. The food was great! I just wish I didn't have to wait when I had a reservation. I might go back and try then out again.Special Features:
- FriscoDinerDined on 8/16/2014Really bad experience from start to finish. We were seated 45 mins late for reservation. Waiter messed up my order, and then asked "are you sure? That's not what I heard" They ran out of food on restaurant week menu. When we sat down my wife indicated all I really want is the chocolate cake. When we ordered the cake they didn't have any? It's not just the poor service, but there was no apology from anyone(other than the bus boy) for the service. Maybe they think we shouldn't expect decent service, because the menu was reduced for restaurant week(of course really that great of deal when forced to pay for desert you don't eat). We typically go to plano / Addison when want to eat at upscale steak place, should have done it again.
- Good Food - So So ServiceBikerFredoDined on 8/16/2014We arrived at the restaurant a few minutes before our reservation time and were immediately told that we would have to wait 30 - 35 minutes because people were taking too long to finish their meals. The actual wait was right on 30 - 35 minutes. Once seated the wait staff seemed to be overwhelmed and the service was quite slow. We were not in a rush, but there were some dead spots in the meal. We were just a party of 2 and it wasn't too bad, but there were several tables near us with 4 or more people who were having very long drawn out meals. The food however was great. It was to bad that they were having trouble dealing with the amount of business, which surprised me since this is a big restaurant that has been here for years.Special Features:
- DisasterNovicefoodieDined on 8/16/2014After waiting 20 minutes after our reservation, it was downhill from there. Slow service, mediocre food, and an overall sense of chaos followed. It was not a good experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Although the food was good, dinner took 2.5 hours and that doesn't count a 20 minute wait for a table even though we had reservations. It was Restaurant Week and so it was crowded but it was obvious that Randy's was unprepared to handle both the volume of diners and the number of courses per diner. It was 20-30 minutes between when one course was picked up and the next one delivered - that is probably ok for one transition but not all 3. Never again during Restaurant Week.
- Service very disappointingxxxx1Dined on 8/16/2014Our prior experiences at Randy's have been great. However we wanted to visit with friends on a Saturday during Restaurant Week ... big mistake. No parking, too noisy, service was extremely slow (over 2.5 hours for our meal), and some of the food was cold. This is a great restaurant with great food and normally great service, but don't plan to visit on a weekend during Restaurant Week!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took 3 tries to get the steak rightLovinglifeDined on 8/16/2014The appetizers, sides, and desserts at Randy's were great, but three of our four steaks came out incorrectly cooked. One was overdone, and the two that were supposed to be medium-well were still bleeding! It took three tries to get one of them right. This is not at all what a customer should experience at a restaurant where the total tab is nearly $400!Special Features:
- Great food, service, buildingBrianDined on 8/15/2014Attentive waitstaff. Every bite of food we had was excellent. Charming building.Special Features:
- Mizzou76mizzou76Dined on 8/15/2014Used to drive from McKinney to Randy's. We live in Frisco now so when we want a great steak we alternate between Randy's and the Silver Fox. Can't beat either one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014Took my wife there for her birthday and invited family. When we entered the restaurant, her name was on the marquis with a birthday wish...was a nice touch. The steaks and sides were great in addition to the waiter. Randy also came out a couple of times to see things were doing, which was a pleasant surprise. Overall my wife and family liked the place a lot and would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint1biteatatimeVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is a quaint restaurant hidden away in a local area. The food is great. If you are looking for the normal pretentious place you'll get in uptown or downtown, this isn't it. It's all about the food. That's what makes it great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedBoomerDined on 8/14/2014This was a very pleasant surprise. We arrived early on a week day so I can't speak to the noise level or service when the dining room is full. However, when we went the service was outstanding, the food good, and the ambience unexpected for downtown Frisco. We look forward to trying the bar on our way home.Special Features:
- Incredible Meal, FriendlyFairviewFoodieDined on 8/13/2014We have wanted to try Randy's but Restaurant Week prompted us to do so. I had the creamy jalapeno soup for a starter - just the right amount of "kick" that didn't disrupt the other flavors. Others tried the walnut/feta green salad and beefsteak tomato/mozzerella salad both of which received great reviews. For the main course, I had the blackberry filet which was very nice. Others had the crab-stuffed filet, ribeye and NY strip. Again, very good. The sides were generous of which my favorite was the creamed corn. The highlight was dessert. We got a couple of creme brulees and a couple of 'Randy's Famous Bread Pudding' - let's just say we know why it is famous! We even got a follow-up call to see how we liked the evening. Nice touch.Special Features: