7026 Main Street
Frisco, TX 75033Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.randyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (972) 335-3066
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Randy Burks
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Randy's has seven private dining rooms to accommodate parties from 10 to 70 guests. We can custom design any menu using items from or dinner menu. Randy's is also available for parties of 20-70 guests for luncheons with a minimum 48 hours notice.
- Private Party Contact: Randy Burks 9725673359
- Special Events: Book your special events with Randy's today. We are able to accommodate a wide variety of parties and menus.
A word from Randy's Steakhouse
Randy Burks and his staff would like to invite you to dine at Randy's Steakhouse. Dine in our elegant, historic Victorian home built in 1869. Enjoy hand-cut prime steaks, fresh seafood, and our extensive international wine list. Randie's (named after Randy's daughter) Lounge features nightly Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 5-7:00 with $1 off all drinks served in our lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Randy's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)neighborhood gem (68)romantic (60)good for groups (38)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (24)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Food was great. Owner personally involved.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/24/2014Owner called me the next day to thank us for visiting his restaurant. Where do you see that anymore? classic steak and family sides restaurant, but everything was excellent. stuffed mushrooms were good, crawfish stuffed filet was excellent and great bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, neighborhood grmDinnerVIPDined on 11/21/2014Perfectly prepared filet, the sides delicious and nicely presented. Generous pour of scotch excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Great experience for our Anniversary! Topped off when Randy personally called us the next day to thank us for our business. Hard to find that level of service these days. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerajmdDined on 11/8/2014We try to come to Randy's when we celebrate special occasions. We love to support a local business. The owner, Randy Burks, comes by frequently to check on tables. He came U.K. our table twice while we were there. We love that special attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, birthday disappointmentFairviewFoodieDined on 11/8/2014Food was great but was disappointed because we went there to celebrate a significant birthday for me and also my husband's birthday. I put this in the reservation comments and the hostess or waiter didn't ask if it was special occasion. Therefore I thought they knew. I mentioned it when we ordered dessert ('we will have the bread pudding - which is amazing - to celebrate our birthdays.') Still not even a pick up of that hint. I expected at least a verbal happy birthday. So it turned out to do be a great meal but nothing special to celebrate as I had hoped. I'm sure this was a fluke but still happenedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed, enjoyable diningCeej57Dined on 11/8/2014Our group had much to catch up on and did not want to be hurried through our meal like so many places do, especially on Saturday night. Randy's was the perfect choice! Great atmosphere and attentive, but not imposing, service. The food was good, but not great. We ordered the steak fillets and ribs. The ribs were a bit fatty and overdosed with BBQ sauce. Also, the sides were all a la carte. A nice experience but not a fabulous one.Special Features:
- Great food, relaxing atmosphereplanofoodieDined on 11/1/2014As always, Randy's dinner experience was great. Fabulous steaks and friendly, classy atmosphere. Friendly staff. Will definitely continue to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/1/2014Even with some bad reviews we thought we'd give it a try. Even though our table was in an article zone someone realized that and corrected it, so yay. Took forever to get cocktails and when appetizer finally arrived; we actually enjoyed it and requested the vast remainder to be boxed up only to never be seen again. After approximately 45 minutes later we finally get our main meal whereby my steak was ice cold and my husband was not cooked correctly. Upon leaving I ran into the chef who explained the delay was due to a patron that had a medical emergency in the dining room. Call me crazy, but I don't see what the kitchen staff has to do with the problem in the main dining room?
- Mixed reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We had high expectations but were disappointed. The crab cakes and one of the stuffed steaks were bland at best. However the potatoes and the filet were quite good. In Randy's defense there was a wedding reception that night. We will probably try again to give them a second chance.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The filet I had to not have good flavor at all. The entire wheel was overpriced for the quality of good you get. I would pay extra to go to del friscos to have a better meal.
- high expectations low deliveryfoodAholicDined on 10/31/2014I was excited to return,here after a few years and sadly I was nothing but disappointed. We were seated in a room that was way too bright with overhead pot lights no mood at all, the music was too loud and the server was pushy, rises us and looked,down on us because we had brought our two teen boys with us. The steaks were good, the sides were average, but the service really stole the show and not in a good way. By the end I couldn't wait to leave, sadly I doubt I'll be back again.
- Best Deal on Filet in DFW AreafriscodebDined on 10/30/2014You can't beat Randy's $35 3-course Price Fixe meal....and if you like Filet Mignon, please try his Beef Tournedos. Wow, 12 oz of filet - always perfectly done and so tender. His Cognac Bordelaise sauce is the perfect complement. This is the meal we have every time we visit and always leave with a 'to-go' because it's so much food. Can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't ask for betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/27/2014Everything was great about this visit. The food, staff, ambiance ... all excellent. Will be dining there again.Special Features:
- Always a FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Randys is always a nice experience. Good food and the ambiance is always nice for a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- angekayeDined on 10/25/2014the food was excellent but the waitress practially ignored my party of 2 while she paid extra attention to the party of 6 next to us.Special Features:
- KaimiVIPDined on 10/24/2014One filet was tough and not terribly flavorful; prime rib was extremely fatty and also not terribly flavorful. Sides were good. Creme brulee was fantastic.
- Stuffed filets for the win!sleeplessmomDined on 10/22/2014I had the crawfish-stuffed filet, which was delicious, and my husband had the bleu cheese stuffed filet, which he reported was also delicious. Be careful not to overload on bread before your order arrives, because the house-made butter is amazing.Special Features:
- one of our favoritesTaylors34thVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great food and fantastic staff. Were fans and continue to drive from uptown when we can just for the experience. TaylorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Business DinnerMassDinerDined on 10/16/2014Good service and food. Steaks were of good quality and cooked to perfection. Good drinks, only thing missing was draft beer (although good selection of bottled beer). Overall good atmosphere for a business discussion in a family run (ie non-chain) restaurant.Special Features:
- Blue Cheese Filet1tasteandseeDined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent but the blue cheese filet was exceptional.Special Features:
- First date perfectionRomanticblissDined on 10/8/2014I've had a crush on my fiancé since I was 14. I had the opportunity to ask her out & I wanted to make a great first impression. I arrived 10 minutes early & when she asked if I had made plans I had stated we have reservations at Randy's. Very impressed with this we arrived to a cozy romantic place that we talked for almost an hour before even making our meal order. This past Wednesday we celebrated our 4th anniversary at Randy's again and yes another fantastic time. Food is always excellent and Randy always stops by and talks to the guest. A personal touch that not many places do anymore. If you have a special someone that you want a lasting memory reserve Randy's. You'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FineDiningDined on 10/6/2014This was our first visit to Randy's. It was WONDERFUL! I have already recommended Randy's to several people. The ambiance was so cozy. Our waiter made us feel at home. Location is perfect. We definitely will frequent Randy's often:). Thank you for such a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem - Great food!Deltagirl0522Dined on 9/29/2014We had the filet Mignon and it was yummy! The calamari was really good and the marinara sauce was one of the best we've ever had. The mozzarella and cheese was pretty amazing as well. The special garlic butter and bread was delicious as well. We will be back! I heard the bar has a different menu (more selection) than the main restaurant so I'll have to check that out next time.Special Features:
- Itailan DinnerHappyDinnerDined on 9/25/2014What can I say... Great Service! Fantastic Food! Wine was great! Lots of fun with other guests and the waitress was entertaining and funny. This is a great place for a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBirthdayDateDined on 9/21/2014We often eat here for our special occasions and have never been disappointed. Excellent food from appetizers to dessert. Even the butter for the bread is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great nightsadbirthdayDined on 9/19/2014I made reservations at 8 on a Friday night (the only time left they had for reservations). We arrive at 7:50 to a much less than packed house, like we had expected. instead, we discover that it was quite scarce this Friday night. The hostess was very nice, and seated us right away upon arrival. This is where the trouble started happening. we had drink servers come by and fill our drinks. many times. each saying our waiter would be with us shortly. after 20 min one of the drink servers said she would go ahead and take our order. we have a different person take our order at each course of the meal. it takes a great deal of time for our food to come out. when it does, my gf's is greatly undercooked. to the point of raw. would not go
- Wife loved her BD dinnerwildman49Dined on 9/18/2014This was only our second time eating at Randy's and both times it was very good. Wife loved the filet with blackberry sauce and I had the filet tornedoes. Service was excellent and enjoyed the nice quiet evening with my wife on her birthday. Will be going back more often. Randy came by all tables, asking about our meals, nice guy. Wine was very good that my wife picked, a simple pinot noir that will look for in Goody-Goody's so we can enjoy at home as well as out at Randy's. Come, be pampered and enjoy great food at Randy's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Someone gave us a gift certificate here. Perfect for a romantic quiet night. Food was incredible. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- FoodloverDined on 9/6/2014This was our first visit to Randy's but won't be our last. The service was prompt and the food was delicious. A great place to visit for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!klynchDined on 9/5/2014The place to go for a great steak! Sides and desserts were also exceptional!Special Features:
- Always a winnerchicagofanDined on 9/5/2014We visit Randy's at least once a month. Every time it is special even without a special occasion. We got lucky and had dinner in one of the smaller rooms and we were alone throughout most of our meal. Very nice. We especially like the great food and the fact that you can actually carry on a conversation without having to shout over other people or music. Randy's is a winner.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundDinerJMDined on 8/31/2014Dined here for restaurant week. Waitress (Jocelyn) was outstanding and was very knowledgeable about the menu and was able to readily make recommendations. She was very attentive. Randy was in house the night of our visit and stopped by for a moment to ask how our meal was going. No poor marks for any aspect of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service Needs WorkanonymousDined on 8/30/2014First time to Randy's Steakhouse. The food was very enjoyable. Had a nice wide selection of appetizers, entrees, and desserts, though you don't have many sides to chose from. Service needs work though. I had scheduled a reservation about 3 weeks in advance. My wife and I were placed in a room upstairs, and we did not have any other guests show up in that room for well over an hour. We did feel forgotten, took well over two hours to finish our dinner. I was disappointed when I went downstairs and saw plenty of open tables. Waiter was fine, had great suggestions, just must have been stretched a little thin. I would recommend the food, and for me, the food should be what is most important when dining out. I say at least give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Randys was crowded due to Restaurant Week and the service was a bit slow, but we had a large party and had a room of our own. It was great to visit and let the 19 month old walk around. The food was good and we all enjoyed the relaxed service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting place with great food!TTUGrlDined on 8/30/2014It was our first time to visit Randy's Steakhouse and we were blown away. The menu is creative and the food is delicious. The service was great and our waiter was so nice to tell us some history about the restaurant. For a steakhouse, prices were reasonable for the amount of food you get and the quality. Definitely a new favorite restaurant for us!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014Chairs are very rickety. Food was adequate at best. Steak was not very tender. Great Service from Cindy.
- Worth the trip to Frisco!Rlwetzel273Dined on 8/29/2014This place is amazing! The food and service were AWESOME!!! Definitely going to make this a regular place to visit. The brie appetizer was amazing! I think I am going to go for a happy hour and just eat that! The wine was fantastic. Great variety for our table and price points. The meat was amazing! The sides were divine! The dessert, I had to take home because I was too full! However, it was just as amazing the next day!!!Special Features:
- Date NightFoodSnobDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I much needed a date night. Two kids started freshman year in college and we survived the first week of high school with the others. We've been in Frisco for 13 years and never tried Randy's Steakhouse. We have eaten at Three Forks and the like before and we were eager to try a comparable restaurant that was local. We went to The Lounge first and the service was excellent. When we were ready for dinner, the hostess escorted us to our table. We were seated in the back room, which had a great ambiance. We ordered the Brie appetizer, along with a salad and steak. The food was excellent! Best of all was the service. We were never rushed and dined for about two hours. Definitely would go back. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningWes1247Dined on 8/29/2014It's not our first trip to Randy's we've been going for years on special occasions or when we just really want an above average dinner. We go back to the days of Randy's when he was in a smaller location a block away. We had a great meal to celebrate a good friends birthday, everyone at the table had only the highest accolades for their dinner, no one ordered the same thing and each of us had top notch entrees and side dishes. I ordered a rib-eye medium rare with a char on the outside .....which is difficult to do, it was perfect and a nice cut of meat. My sautéed mushrooms had a great sauce and weren't over cooked. Spectacular house butter and homemade bread. Randy came out visited and to insure everything was up to his high standards.Special Features:
- excellent valuereddotDined on 8/29/2014Randy's has the best value Restaurant Week around, we did six RW restaurants this year and his is by far the best value with great food. We have also dined there non-RW and found it to be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.