343 Broome Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.randolphnyc.com/beer
- Phone: 2123343706x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Thursday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Beer Garden, American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Schaap and Masterful
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: For large parties, private events and all other inquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Randolph Beer
Randolph Beer is a craft beer-focused bar and restaurant located in Nolita, NYC. Our menu features healthy, modern American fare with subtle South East Asian and Australian influences. Our beverage program features a rotating lineup of over 60 different specialty Craft Beers, including up to 48 on draft, as well as an ambitious selection of new world wines and a specialty drink menu featuring beer, wine and champagne cocktails. Located on the ground floor of one of the oldest still operating hotels in New York City, the space incorporates 100 year old wood from a tobacco barn in Kentucky, reclaimed sidewalk pavers from DUMBO, a lightening-struck Maine oak tree and Ford Model-T headlamps.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Randolph Beer reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Stick to the beerDisappointeddinerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Bland egg scramble, undressed salad, no tea on hand... Overall poor experience for NYC.
- Great BeersRuntoeatVIPDined on 9/6/2014Have been here a few times and it's a nice little spot. The wait staff is attentive and friendly. They have a great beer selection and a neat matrix on profiles of the beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RandolphOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Great food, GREAT beer list. It was, however, deathly hot in the restaurant. We asked them to turn the AC higher, but we couldn't feel any change in the temperature.Special Features:
- The following 40 reviews are from the Randolph Beer reviews archive.
- Fun, funky, great staffJustCDined on 6/2/2014Went to this place for a glass of wine before a wedding then went back to try the food a few days later with a small group of friends. Delish and fun - low key vibe. Liked it a lot - will return.Special Features:
- Great find from The InfatuationChristopherDined on 6/1/2014I was saying goodbye to a friend who was about to catch the Chinatown bus home, so location was the first factor in trying to find a place to eat that wasn't Chinese food. We love craft beer and enjoyed trying different kinds on the menu. The food was awesome as well! I can't wait to come back and try other types of beer. The ambience is fabulous and it was the perfect cap to a great weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good beers & food but poor serviceMichaelVIPDined on 5/15/2014The place is was understaffed when we went on a Thursday night for dinner. It took a so long to get the menus that we grabbed them ourselves. The waitress was curt when she finally got around to us (groups of 5 or more include 18% gratuity) so she was getting tipped regardless. She didn't write down any of our orders - no upside in doing this. She forgot what beers we ordered and then gave us attitude when it took forever to get them; she even asked one of the guests why he was upset and if he needed a "time out". Once she realized we were not happy she tried harder to be more amiable, but the damage was done. The food came quickly and was great, but the service left a lot to be desired. Would go back for beers but not to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer and goodJRoseDined on 5/9/2014Still one of my favorite spots in the city for consistently amazing food and beer (and I have been to A LOT of places in the city). I love their highly curated beer list, organized by type on a coordinate grid-of-sorts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, but delicioustrentshfrDined on 5/3/2014Stopped in at Randolph Beer for dinner and drinks before a show at the Bowery Ballroom. Must say that the food was pretty great. I had a Chopped Chicken and Avocado salad and my friend had the Kale & Grain. Top that off with a couple of beers and it wad pretty great. The only issue I really had with the place was how loud it was. I couldn't hear my friend very well throughout dinner, which was fairly annoying. Our server was quick it being another round if beers but nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice New Option off BedfordKireinanoDined on 3/21/2014This is the kind of place where grown-ups go to dine and drink in Williamsburg. Great atmosphere and supreme customer service. Top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome birthday dinnerRyanRDined on 3/21/2014We took a chance on this Chinatown spot because we needed to nab a table for six on short notice, and this place popped up. Apparently things heat up a little later in the evening, so at 6pm, we had our pick of several tables. Our waitress was a gem and provided us with plenty of beer samples (they have an awesome selection), then hooked us up with our choice of half-price happy hour craft brews (avail til 7). She also recommended we try the fried chicken thighs, which were delicious. But the cherry on top was the cookie cake topped with candles that they brought out for my boyfriend's birthday. Consider us regulars from now on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is definitely becomingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/1/2014This is definitely becoming our go-to hangout. Love the ambiance and I recently ate there for the first time and had no idea the food would be as good as it was! Those french fries are dreamy!Special Features:
- _anonymousannoymousVIPDined on 12/31/2013This place is great. The Grain & Kale salada is AMAZING. Have been here several times just for that dish. All around, everything on the menu is good here. My only negative: Sometimes it's a little bit too loud and the music has been cranked up to high to really hear your conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother.MikeyDined on 12/12/2013Reserved a table for 10 pm arrived beforehand. No hostess to check reservations. Waited for ten minutes and was never helped. Bartenders payed no attention.
- Great Staff but...EllePVIPDined on 12/6/2013It was super loud. As in, you could barely hear the person sitting next to you and are forced to shout every word. One girl at the bar (about 20 feet from our table) was literally screaming her stories to her friends, and the table next to us was doing similarly. I left the bar well fed but hoarse. The staff were wonderful and very attentive despite it being super busy and completely packed, the food was good... but I won't be going back on a weekend night. It's just too damn loud.Special Features:
- Vibrant beer palacewheeler14Dined on 11/24/2013Nice bar/restaurant with vibrant music, good service, lots of beer to choose from. Was a bit quiet that evening, but it was a monday so that is to be expected. Food was good, simple and well executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best curated beerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013One of the best curated beer menus downtown and the pub food (even for this vegetarian) is terrific! Even when it is hectic, I've never felt ignored by the waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 19-piece (yes, 19) impromptuJRP1Dined on 11/20/2013A 19-piece (yes, 19) impromptu bluegrass band broke out after we'd finish dinner and entertained the remaining diners (less than 19 of us, likely) with many songs. Enjoyed every minute of it, and had to pull ourselves away around 11:30, else we would've been there all night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Randolph BeergoperuVIPDined on 10/12/2013Great food. Very good service!! Loved the variety of beer and the recommendations from the server.Special Features:
- Ok food, not so good servicegreenmachine80VIPDined on 10/12/2013A friend and I came for dinner. I like the interior, a nice casual ambiance. The servers, both our waiter and the hostess were kind of rude, almost as if they were just trying to rush us through the meal and then out. The food was all good, the lobster sliders were heavy on bread light on lobster salad, so I wouldn't recommend getting those unless you really just like toast. I won't come back because the people working here were rude. Our waiter was annoyed that I wanted to look over the beer menu instead of just ordering the pilsner that he recommended. He was aloofly rude for entire meal. Too bad, because I wanted to like this spot.
- Best beer on Broome StjdelVIPDined on 10/4/2013I work a few blocks from the Randolph, and have to say it is one of my favorite dinner and lunch spots. The food is spectacular...the Brussels sprouts are like candy, the fries are of the waffle variety, and the burger is a monster worth taking on. The lobster sliders and chicken sandwich are also personal favorites, as are the mussels. While the food is great, their most notable feature is their beer list. While it isn't one of those "every beer ever imaginable" type of spots, the list is carefully curated and arranged from light to dark, hoppy to malty. Great way to discover craft beers you've never heard of. For true beer fans, the rarities list has some hard to find or limited run beers for fairly reasonable prices. Nothing bad to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place - food wasYenniDined on 10/1/2013Loved this place - food was great but they rely too much on their happy hour. The beer is overpriced if you are going anytime after 7pm. They should consider bringing their beer prices down a bit to get people to stay later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really fun, great space andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/26/2013really fun, great space and exceptional beer options. well done in every wayI would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great beer, however,gal1Dined on 9/1/2013great food, great beer, however, the steak and ribs were unavailable and we were there at 7:15 pm so it's not like they could've ran out. the food we did have was delicious though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the Eatin' PathBlackEyedPeaDined on 8/30/2013The waitress was friendly and casual in a very pleasant way. She was well-informed of the menu and the beer list. The food was tasty without taking itself too seriously. The ambiance is dark and cozy, clean and rustic. Please note that they are not equipped to mix fancy cocktails. They can whip up a whiskey and coke, but not a Manhattan. They are a beer-centric bar. The music was a little loud, but only because we were seated directly under the speaker. Go to this restaurant now, before the rest of Manhattan catches wind of it. Also, try their cafe and bar next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LES gritty barArglikesfoodVIPDined on 8/17/2013We were surprised to find such fresh delicious food at this LES gritty bar. great beers and awesome lobster sliders. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2013The dining experience was great - we had very tasty pork ribs paired with kale cole slaw and a DELICIOUS garden bigger that was definitely plenty and filling. Definitely recommend if you're with a small group and just wanting to hang out somewhere with good food, friendly service and a plentiful selection of beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic Gastro-pubAroundjennDined on 5/19/2013Randolph Beer wasn't what I expected in a good way. Gastro-pubs have a rap for being hearty, moderately to noisy and packed. I don't know if it was the rain, but when my guests and I walked in , we were pleasantly surprised. Our hostess greeted us and allowed us to sit anywhere we pleased. We sat in the booth in the front and pretty much felt like we had the dinning room to ourselves. The menu was your standard brunch fare with the typical eggs, toast, waffles, frittatas, and burgers. An eclectic mix for the meat lovers to the vegetarians. I highly recommend the crispy grits. My Egg White scrambled was healthier than I imagined, no complaints there. This is sure to become a neighborhood gem if it isn't someone else's already.Special Features:
- Came here when it first openedLizBBVIPDined on 4/27/2013Came here when it first opened and found service/timing to be much better. I suggested this place for a girls' night out and I got there about 15 min before the reservation and the host pointed out the table we'd have and told us they were setting it up. Get seated, and after placing our appetizer and drink orders, we waited an excessive amount of time before the waiter (doubling as bartender) told us the order was screwed up with the party before us at the same table. Impossible, as I'd gotten there early and there was no party immediately before us. Everything came out much later than it should have, including my entree. They comped us for a round of drinks and my entree, but it's not fun eating an entree late! Disappointing!
- Great food and great beer.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2013Great food and great beer. We couldn't ask for more.Special Features:
- stopped in for a quick biteMarcnvinnyVIPDined on 1/24/2013stopped in for a quick bite and a beer because we heard it was good. that was an understatement! food was great, unique and delicious. great beer choices and the staff was helpful in describing each selection. ended up having a few bottles of wine instead though because that list was great too..... been back a few times since!Special Features:
- Great for brunch, but lots of kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/12/2013I went here for brunch with a friend. We got there early, just before noon, and for the first fifteen minutes or so it was quiet and the service was excellent. However, once it started filling up it felt like there might have been too few waitstaff to handle the crowd. Also, almost every other table had young children, and it got very loud (kind of felt like a Chuck E. Cheese at points)--a bit too loud for a casual brunch. But that may be a plus if you have kids. Anyway, other than that, no complaints--the beer list was amazing and the food was excellent, so I'd still strongly recommend. Would like to go back sometime in the evening after the kiddos have gone to sleep.Special Features:
- Everything we ate was delicious.YumbunsVIPDined on 1/10/2013Everything we ate was delicious. The burger, chicken sandwich, Mac n cheese. All great. Also the triple horse beer was delicious.Special Features:
- Best Beer Spot in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/29/2012If you're serious about beer, you must not miss this still new addition to east SoHo (I refuse to use the realty designation of NoLita). Unbeatable and ever changing selection, listed intelligently on the menu and delivered in the appropriate glassware at the appropriate temperature by knowledgeable staff. Even if you think you're not serious about beer, go and be educated on its myriad of aromas, flavors and textures. It won't disappoint and you'll leave a convert. The food is expertly and painstakingly crafted takes on pub fare. Don't miss the double fried chicken thighs or the house cured pickles. Sadly the cheddar brats have not been available since Sandy, but they'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Great beer selection. TastyFrivmoVIPDined on 10/15/2012Great beer selection. Tasty burger & fries. A great find in the area.
- Excellent food, great beerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/6/2012Excellent food, great beer selection and a good scene.
- Attractive little spot inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2012Attractive little spot in a quickly changing neighborhood. Can see this becoming a neighborhood staple as the area changes. Great food and great selection of beer all at a very reasonable price. Was hoping for a bit more diversity with the craft beer selection, with 60 beers on hand I expected to see more that I hadn't heard of or tried before. Will have no hesitation returning.Special Features:
- I reserved a table. When IluvFoodJoeVIPDined on 9/28/2012I reserved a table. When I showed up the manager said that "all the seating is in the front, but if my buddy is already at the bar , that it would be good to just stand at the bar because they want to use all the tables in the front for a party." I told him that I still want a table. I walked to the back for the restaurant and saw a small table that said "reserved." When I asked for it, they were reluctant to seat me. So I responded" Let's me get this straight. I made a reservation for a table through OPENTABLE.com I am looking at a reserved table. Who else is this reserved for? I am the one standing here." They promptly sat me. It was just weird.
- love the space and the choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2012love the space and the choices of beer. thou on the expensive side. as for food, short list. can add a few more.
- beer-centric restaurant/barIZ817VIPDined on 9/22/2012beer-centric restaurant/bar with GREAT macaroni and cheese and a very good quinoa salad. i'm not really a beer person but my friend who loves his brewskies definitely will be back here often.Special Features:
- Great beer hall with tasty eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012Beers galore to choose from, with expert staff to help you choose the right one to fit the mood and taste profile craving. The burger was excellent, and both the evil sprouts and kale salad superb and unique versus what i have eaten at other gastopubs. Dont forget to ak for the sambal aioli sauce if you are getting fries, a taste of asia is definitely in the cookingSpecial Features: