6208 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85253Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ranchopinot.com/
- Phone: 4803678030
- Hours of Operation:
Winter Season: Sunday - Thursday 5:30-9:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:30-9:30pm Summer Season: Tuesday - Saturday 5:30-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chrysa Robertson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Rancho Pinot
Rancho Pinot is a friendly, locally-loved "neighborhood" restaurant, featuring the best of the season from our local suppliers. Chef owned and operated for the past 17 years...we strive to make you feel welcomed and comfortable in our retro western-inspired dining room. Our cooking is simply satisfying and delicious...no fluff, no gimmicks...just homemade goodness for the worldly palate. Open kitchen, mesquite-fired grill, homemade ice creams & sorbets, artisan cocktails, wine cellar, wine-on-tap, draft beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Rancho Pinot - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Rancho Pinot reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (27)notable wine list (20)good for groups (9)romantic (9)hot spot (2)Show More
- Fantastic restaurantsmccrackenVIPDined on 10/18/2014This rest has been outstanding for decades.....it is fabulous. Great service, excellent food and lively wine menu. When you are looking for a non chain place........by serious restauranteurs....this is the place.Special Features:
- Consistently Good!FabfoodieVIPDined on 10/8/2014The seasons change and so does the menu. The food stays true to fresh product availability and the chef does those raw ingredients proud. Beautiful salads, great small plates and appetizers and enjoyable main dishes. Always a good spot.Special Features:
- CycleronnieDined on 9/27/2014Very helpful and kind staff. They went out of their way to accommodate my wife's need to eat gluten free. Everything we and our two friends had to eat was outstanding.
- Restaurant week gemChifoodieDined on 9/26/2014A great find during restaurant week with flavorful plates and well mixed drinks! Started with the salad of mixed greens and sherry vinegarette with pistachios and blue cheese & ricotta gnocchi with butternut squash - both were very good & the gnocchi were perfect & rich. Dinner was the salmon & pork dish which were very good as well, however I've not had pork with pasta but it was pretty good; dessert was the best part with an amazing sauce on a desert bread which was slurp able! I had the panna cotta with blueberries & kumquats with a vanilla bean essence; we had Moscow mules & prickly pear margaritas & Fritz was an excellent server! Would go back again in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great service!arcadiagalDined on 9/24/2014We live in Arcadia so, not too far away. Shame on us for not going to Rancho Pinot more often. We went for Restaurant Week and met friends there who were visiting from Kansas City. One of our party is vegan. Our waiter Fritz knocked himself out with the service and was super accommodating with the vegan request. Fritz knows a lot about the food and can advise you on any aspect of the menu. A great place to take out-of-towners with all the cowboy kitsch around the space. Highly recommend Nonni's Chicken or anything else on the menu!Special Features:
- Home cookingDoniamhVIPDined on 9/22/2014I had not been to this restaurant in years but decided to visit for restaurant week. Excellent! Great service and very good food. Nonnie's chicken was so simple yet so delicious. The decadent dessert was also a family recipe. I will be back to try other things in the future and will bring friends here for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodDsrtsky22Dined on 9/19/2014You cannot go wrong here. Nothing groundbreaking just great solid food everytime with fresh ingredients prepared with love and passionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always On The MarkDBDJR64Dined on 9/19/2014Great food; great service. Never skips a beat. What a great place. Like coming home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone DownhillScoutDined on 9/18/2014The $42 steak was a lousy piece of meat that was overdone. It was one of the worst steaks I've eaten in years. The side dishes were just okay. My friend's meal was so-so. To add to that, the server was far too chatty, and she called me "honey" twice and "sweetie" once. I felt like I was in a Denny's. This restaurant has for years been one of the best, but something is seriously wrong there as the food was
- Great Fooddavidg47VIPDined on 9/18/2014Great Food and ambiance. Service was superb...Very warm and invitingSpecial Features:
- Excellent as always!THEDUKEDined on 9/12/2014We love this place. We have been coming here for years and Chrisa and her staff are always outstanding. There are many good restaurants in the Phoenix area but not many as consistently good as this one. Rancho Pinot has been on the scene for at least 15 years that I know of which is evedince they must be doing a lot right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked it a lot lot lot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014We had four at our table and we all thought the food very good. The choice of a small plate is an excellent idea. The linguini was tasty and the gnocchi with lamb sauce excellent. The salmon was also very good. The strawberry shortcake a nice ending to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They've Done It AgainRKentVIPDined on 9/5/2014"Rancho Pinot" never disappoints. Our last visit featured specials that were prepared perfectly and delivered to the table exactly as ordered. The staff was extremely helpful and very friendly (as they always are). My wife elected to have the chef select a group of vegetables that make up their Vegetable Plate. She remarked that her meal was perhaps the most outstanding she had ever had...anywhere...anytime. My ribeye was done to perfection. We eat out often and have been to almost all of the top restaurants, new restaurants, trendy restaurants, established restaurants and "Ranch Pinot" still comes out at the top of our list.Special Features:
- Beautifully crafted cuisineRKMAZDined on 9/2/2014Chrysa Robertson combines the very freshest ingredients to create amazing taste sensations. The recent wild mushroom special appetizer was incredibly luxurious.Special Features:
- One More time Perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014This is a great restaurant that is hidden away in an average strip mall type area. It is a great opportunity for one and all to experience. The menu is imaginative, and the food is always perfect. Service is such that many other well known restaurants could take note of their professionalism. It is a must do not miss this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and peaceful diningCS629VIPDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I love this place. We dine here every few months. The house made lemon cello is awesome!! The scallops are delicious! We adore the calmness of this restaraunt, one if the few left in the city whee you don't hear blaring loud music, just a great place to actually have conversation over a devine meal with great staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant !GigiVIPDined on 8/20/2014The food at Rancho Pinot is always fantastic:, Fresh ingredients, well prepared and delicious. The cooking is always creative using the freshest local ingredients and seasonal produce. The staff is friendly and excellent. I loved my watermelon salad . The ingredients were three different varieties of sweet watermelon, feta, olives, pepitas and arugula. It was so satisfying on a hot summer night. Rancho Pinot is truly a neighborhood gem ! Please make a reservation today !Special Features:
- Dinner at Rancho PinotCriticalReviewersVIPDined on 8/8/2014Always great food at Rancho Pinot in a quiet atmosphere where conversation is possible! Waiter Fritz was terrific.Special Features:
- LOMaxVIPDined on 8/7/2014Always excellent. Great variety of both small plates and entrees, pecan brownie with hot fudge sauce rocks. We visit Scottsdale once a year and always make a point of going here. Don't be put off by the strip mall location.Special Features:
- We'll be back.....FoodieLVVIPDined on 8/2/2014We both said it was the best meal out in a long long time -- and being foodies -- and having been in a lot of restaurants around the world -- this one is hard to top. Fantastic selections -- everything was spot on...better than the descriptions on the menu which made our mouth's water. You won't be disappointed -- a true neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past was excellentFabfoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Ordered three pasta dishes to share and thoroughly enjoyed each of them. The homemade pasta was light and the sauces were fabulous. Really enjoyed the overall experience.Special Features:
- Food Was LackingMaryDined on 7/26/2014The Salmon I ordered was gritty and dry and tasted almost as though it had been in the freezer for months. I order salmon very often when dining out, and this was VERY sub-standard. Not tasty, not moist, and not good. I'm sorry because my family used to enjoy going to Rancho Pinot in the past, but we hadn't frequented it in several years. It may be quite a while before we give it another try---there are too many other restaurants to try.
- Excellence ContinuedRKentVIPDined on 7/25/2014Rancho Pinot never disappoints us. It remains on my Top 3 in the entire valley. Preparation is outstanding, taste is a "party on the palette", and the people working at Rancho are always smiling, checking on you, making good and interesting conversation if you want to chat and the owner never fails to at least wave at you from her command post as she monitors every plate that leaves the kitchen. Perhaps the best of all is that you can get outstanding food here without pretension. You really CAN relax and enjoy an outstanding dinner in a casual atmosphere that's a lot like home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We likeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014We enjoy the waiters, the food selections, wine list and especially the lower noise level. Would come more often if we were from the Phoenix area instead of Colorado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysTedAZVIPDined on 7/19/2014A favorite that never disappoints, Rancho Pinot is the perfect place for really exceptionally good food and excellent friendly service.Special Features:
- Very nice evening outtomatoloverDined on 6/28/2014The food and service were very, very good with an interesting mix of choices. Food was well presented and portions were generous but not overwhelming. Tables are places well so everyone has space and the atmosphere was pleasant without being stuffy. We'd definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 314 reviews are from the Rancho Pinot reviews archive.
- Critical ReviewersCriticalReviewersVIPDined on 6/20/2014We had an excellent dinner at Rancho Pinot. Every dish was truly outstanding. This restaurant has just kept getting better year after year and is one of our favorites in Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Lovely and SereneCS629VIPDined on 6/13/2014My husband and I have been dining at Ranch Pinot Grill for about 8 years at least every few months. It is a place that we know that the meal will be delicious and the ambiance calmly energetic, not too noisy (not too boring). The food is very delicious, but the homemade lemon cello for the PERFECT Lemon Drop martini is outstanding!!! These days, a peaceful (not childish with blaring pop music so often found) dining experience is VERY difficult to find. Most restaurants are SO extremely noisy and chaotic that dining becomes almost painful. The dining experience at RPG is our go place for a lovely, delicious meal, where can have conversation, a beautiful meal with just the right amount of vibrancy at the bar area to add to a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 6/10/2014consistently very good, very friendly, excellent wine list, good serviceSpecial Features:
- Farm to Table is no cliché hereShepDined on 5/31/2014Menus follow the season here and are thoughtfully assembled and prepared by a chef who was an early advocate of local sourcing. Squash blossoms filled with a velvety ensemble of cheeses, lightly breaded and fried are not to be missed and won’t be around long. Grilled quail atop creamy polenta and accompanied by a gastrique that pulls smoke and sweet together was a favorite at the table. Finished with pan seared grouper with wilted bok choy and an oaky chardonnay. A lovely evening at a restaurant that staffed by folks with a shared love of the product and great respect for the chef and their customers. Rancho Pinot is worth traveling to find. And I came from Baltimore.Special Features:
- Always deliversHRM42Dined on 5/27/2014We have dined at Rancho several times in the past and we came with new diners on this particular occasion Our server was witty and accommodating. We were quickly seated and water was served. Our entrees were hot and fresh and when a side dish of beets was forgotten, it was promptly delivered and comped to our guests who had done the ordering. We have never been disappointed and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food great servicedilouDined on 5/24/2014we hadn't been to Rancho Pinot for 10 years and decided to give it a try again the weekend. the food and service were both outstanding. I had the nonines chicken, which is one of their signature dishes. Was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeverlyDined on 5/13/2014everything is always perfect. a pleasure to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComparisonamfoodieVIPDined on 5/13/2014Dined here in Aug-2013 & we thought food was excellent. Returned May-2014 & food was so-so. I felt quality was good, but flavor lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RPG never missesgeofromazVIPDined on 4/26/2014One can always be assured of a fine dining experience at RPG. In addition, the service is always first rate with knowledgeable servers who are helpful with the menu and the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/21/2014This is a fabulous restaurant -- we ate at several others which were more expensive and fancier (in elegant resort settings) but this was, by far, the most interesting and innovative food on our trip to Arizona.Special Features:
- Never failsJDinerVIPDined on 4/19/2014To impress. Lots of local ingredients prepared perfectly. Very good and knowledgable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food ! Great service !GigiVIPDined on 4/18/2014Rancho Pinot is one of the best restaurants in Scortsdale. The ingredients are fresh, excellent quality and prepared expertly by a fabulous chef/owner. Vegetables and salads are amazing, main courses are fabulous. Make a reservation today, you will live this restaurant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner again!!RobertDined on 4/16/2014This was my third visit and again, I was not disappointed. I highly recommend this restaurant and will come back again and again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2014Great restaurant in strip mall. Chef is very talented. Good Value for money would recommend to anyone who is a serious dinerSpecial Features: