6208 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85253Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ranchopinot.com/
- Phone: 4803678030
- Hours of Operation:
Winter Season: Sunday - Thursday 5:30-9:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:30-9:30pm Summer Season: Tuesday - Saturday 5:30-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chrysa Robertson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Rancho Pinot
Rancho Pinot is a friendly, locally-loved "neighborhood" restaurant, featuring the best of the season from our local suppliers. Chef owned and operated for the past 17 years...we strive to make you feel welcomed and comfortable in our retro western-inspired dining room. Our cooking is simply satisfying and delicious...no fluff, no gimmicks...just homemade goodness for the worldly palate. Open kitchen, mesquite-fired grill, homemade ice creams & sorbets, artisan cocktails, wine cellar, wine-on-tap, draft beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Rancho Pinot - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Rancho Pinot reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (19)notable wine list (17)romantic (7)good for groups (5)Show More
- One More time Perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014This is a great restaurant that is hidden away in an average strip mall type area. It is a great opportunity for one and all to experience. The menu is imaginative, and the food is always perfect. Service is such that many other well known restaurants could take note of their professionalism. It is a must do not miss this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and peaceful diningCS629VIPDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I love this place. We dine here every few months. The house made lemon cello is awesome!! The scallops are delicious! We adore the calmness of this restaraunt, one if the few left in the city whee you don't hear blaring loud music, just a great place to actually have conversation over a devine meal with great staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant !GigiVIPDined on 8/20/2014The food at Rancho Pinot is always fantastic:, Fresh ingredients, well prepared and delicious. The cooking is always creative using the freshest local ingredients and seasonal produce. The staff is friendly and excellent. I loved my watermelon salad . The ingredients were three different varieties of sweet watermelon, feta, olives, pepitas and arugula. It was so satisfying on a hot summer night. Rancho Pinot is truly a neighborhood gem ! Please make a reservation today !Special Features:
- Dinner at Rancho PinotCriticalReviewersVIPDined on 8/8/2014Always great food at Rancho Pinot in a quiet atmosphere where conversation is possible! Waiter Fritz was terrific.Special Features:
- LOMaxVIPDined on 8/7/2014Always excellent. Great variety of both small plates and entrees, pecan brownie with hot fudge sauce rocks. We visit Scottsdale once a year and always make a point of going here. Don't be put off by the strip mall location.Special Features:
- We'll be back.....FoodieLVVIPDined on 8/2/2014We both said it was the best meal out in a long long time -- and being foodies -- and having been in a lot of restaurants around the world -- this one is hard to top. Fantastic selections -- everything was spot on...better than the descriptions on the menu which made our mouth's water. You won't be disappointed -- a true neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past was excellentFabfoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Ordered three pasta dishes to share and thoroughly enjoyed each of them. The homemade pasta was light and the sauces were fabulous. Really enjoyed the overall experience.Special Features:
- Food Was LackingMaryDined on 7/26/2014The Salmon I ordered was gritty and dry and tasted almost as though it had been in the freezer for months. I order salmon very often when dining out, and this was VERY sub-standard. Not tasty, not moist, and not good. I'm sorry because my family used to enjoy going to Rancho Pinot in the past, but we hadn't frequented it in several years. It may be quite a while before we give it another try---there are too many other restaurants to try.
- Excellence ContinuedRKentVIPDined on 7/25/2014Rancho Pinot never disappoints us. It remains on my Top 3 in the entire valley. Preparation is outstanding, taste is a "party on the palette", and the people working at Rancho are always smiling, checking on you, making good and interesting conversation if you want to chat and the owner never fails to at least wave at you from her command post as she monitors every plate that leaves the kitchen. Perhaps the best of all is that you can get outstanding food here without pretension. You really CAN relax and enjoy an outstanding dinner in a casual atmosphere that's a lot like home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We likeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014We enjoy the waiters, the food selections, wine list and especially the lower noise level. Would come more often if we were from the Phoenix area instead of Colorado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysTedAZVIPDined on 7/19/2014A favorite that never disappoints, Rancho Pinot is the perfect place for really exceptionally good food and excellent friendly service.Special Features:
- Very nice evening outtomatoloverDined on 6/28/2014The food and service were very, very good with an interesting mix of choices. Food was well presented and portions were generous but not overwhelming. Tables are places well so everyone has space and the atmosphere was pleasant without being stuffy. We'd definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Critical ReviewersCriticalReviewersVIPDined on 6/20/2014We had an excellent dinner at Rancho Pinot. Every dish was truly outstanding. This restaurant has just kept getting better year after year and is one of our favorites in Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Lovely and SereneCS629VIPDined on 6/13/2014My husband and I have been dining at Ranch Pinot Grill for about 8 years at least every few months. It is a place that we know that the meal will be delicious and the ambiance calmly energetic, not too noisy (not too boring). The food is very delicious, but the homemade lemon cello for the PERFECT Lemon Drop martini is outstanding!!! These days, a peaceful (not childish with blaring pop music so often found) dining experience is VERY difficult to find. Most restaurants are SO extremely noisy and chaotic that dining becomes almost painful. The dining experience at RPG is our go place for a lovely, delicious meal, where can have conversation, a beautiful meal with just the right amount of vibrancy at the bar area to add to a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 6/10/2014consistently very good, very friendly, excellent wine list, good serviceSpecial Features:
- Farm to Table is no cliché hereShepDined on 5/31/2014Menus follow the season here and are thoughtfully assembled and prepared by a chef who was an early advocate of local sourcing. Squash blossoms filled with a velvety ensemble of cheeses, lightly breaded and fried are not to be missed and won’t be around long. Grilled quail atop creamy polenta and accompanied by a gastrique that pulls smoke and sweet together was a favorite at the table. Finished with pan seared grouper with wilted bok choy and an oaky chardonnay. A lovely evening at a restaurant that staffed by folks with a shared love of the product and great respect for the chef and their customers. Rancho Pinot is worth traveling to find. And I came from Baltimore.Special Features:
- Always deliversHRM42Dined on 5/27/2014We have dined at Rancho several times in the past and we came with new diners on this particular occasion Our server was witty and accommodating. We were quickly seated and water was served. Our entrees were hot and fresh and when a side dish of beets was forgotten, it was promptly delivered and comped to our guests who had done the ordering. We have never been disappointed and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food great servicedilouDined on 5/24/2014we hadn't been to Rancho Pinot for 10 years and decided to give it a try again the weekend. the food and service were both outstanding. I had the nonines chicken, which is one of their signature dishes. Was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeverlyDined on 5/13/2014everything is always perfect. a pleasure to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComparisonamfoodieVIPDined on 5/13/2014Dined here in Aug-2013 & we thought food was excellent. Returned May-2014 & food was so-so. I felt quality was good, but flavor lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 306 reviews are from the Rancho Pinot reviews archive.
- RPG never missesgeofromazVIPDined on 4/26/2014One can always be assured of a fine dining experience at RPG. In addition, the service is always first rate with knowledgeable servers who are helpful with the menu and the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/21/2014This is a fabulous restaurant -- we ate at several others which were more expensive and fancier (in elegant resort settings) but this was, by far, the most interesting and innovative food on our trip to Arizona.Special Features:
- Never failsJDinerVIPDined on 4/19/2014To impress. Lots of local ingredients prepared perfectly. Very good and knowledgable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food ! Great service !GigiVIPDined on 4/18/2014Rancho Pinot is one of the best restaurants in Scortsdale. The ingredients are fresh, excellent quality and prepared expertly by a fabulous chef/owner. Vegetables and salads are amazing, main courses are fabulous. Make a reservation today, you will live this restaurant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner again!!RobertDined on 4/16/2014This was my third visit and again, I was not disappointed. I highly recommend this restaurant and will come back again and again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2014Great restaurant in strip mall. Chef is very talented. Good Value for money would recommend to anyone who is a serious dinerSpecial Features:
- Gone down hillDanoDined on 4/10/2014We have eaten here on a few occasions - we spend a week a year in Phoenix and most years we make it to this place. It was very disappointing this year. Service was so so. Our waiter was a little too casual. The food was ok, but for the price it has been great and should be great. It did not have the same ambiance as years past. It was not busy which I think is a result of the service and food. There are too many good restaurants at that price point to give it another chance. So long Rancho Pinot!
- Always excellentTedAZVIPDined on 4/9/2014Delicious food, terrific service (we had Fritz as our waiter, very good).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RPGStevenDined on 4/9/2014We always enjoy the excellent service and very special food preparations. So enjoyable as the noise level is much better than most other restuarants in town. No "screaming necessary"!! Can't wait til next time.. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!TNoonDined on 4/8/2014Tucked away in the Borgata Shopping center sits a gem of an eatery. We had been missing the greatest waitress ever from our favorite restaurant on our last two visits to Tarbell's. Guess what??? She landed at Rancho Pinot!!!!! Needless to say with the menu, chef and support staff...Rancho Pinot just got put in our rotation of our five favorite restaurants here in the valley of the Sun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing especially strikingHagarDined on 4/7/2014An average plus restaurant that made for a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!DavidB1Dined on 4/5/2014It had been a few years since we had visited Rancho Pinot Grill, because for us it is rather expensive, and hadn't seen any changes or additions to the menu in a while. It was good to be back, and although this will remain a special occasion restaurant, we won't wait so long to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceBreezeyDined on 4/5/2014Friends took us here two years ago last time we were in Arizona. We had such a wonderful dining experience we decided to go again. We had a wonderful meal and great service. However, I find with Open Table reservations the restaurants may not provide all times available. 7pm was not available and at 6:30 we walked into an empty restaurant which made little sense. Regardless we started with the antipasto plate which was delicious. I had the roasted chicken which was perfectly prepared and my husband had the hangar steak which was delicious. What we did appreciate is the food was served hot. We were too full for dessert but recall having the chocolate cashew cake last time which is highly recommended.Special Features:
- Top FiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014Rancho Pinot has been on our list of top 5 restaurants in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area for years. We feel fortunate to have such a quality restaurant near to our neighborhood. I am particularly fond on the fish dishes and the vegetarian.Special Features:
- I always come to this restaurantSocratesVIPDined on 3/25/2014I always come to this restaurant whenever I am in the Phoenix area. I always have a great meal here. It is consistently the best food in Scottsdale. The food is simply prepared but absolutely delicious. The last time I was there I was with a group of 5 people. We had the lamb chops, chicken, grilled fish and pan roasted fish. Everyone raved about their meals. I am coming back to Scottsdale next year, and I can't wait to get back to Rancho Pinot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/20/2014This was our first dining experience at Rancho Pinot Grill and we brought out of town guests. The ambiance and decor were charming, the food was very good and the service first rate. It would be wonderful if there were one or two items on the menu for guests that are not really adventurous about food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic; will returnChicagoAnnDined on 3/19/2014Rancho Pinot was worth seeking out during our recent visit to Carefree AZ. This restaurant offered a wonderful menu, great service, a nice choice of wines, and an outstanding meal. Anytime we travel to the Phoenix area we will make a point of returning. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- UniqueSicilianoDined on 3/17/2014Very nice alternative to the usual Scottsdale. Food very fresh and good seafood appetizers and entreesSpecial Features:
- A GemBigEVIPDined on 3/17/2014This is a wonderful restaurant with fine appetizers, entrées, and ice cream. And, it is not expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expand menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014We LOVED the fresh, local food offerings, but with two vegetarians, we were a bit limited by food selections. The food they did offer us was excellent, however! Great waitress was very helpful and realistic about taste when we took the meat away from a dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.