6208 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85253Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ranchopinot.com/
- Phone: 4803678030
- Hours of Operation:
Winter Season: Sunday - Thursday 5:30-9:00pm, Friday - Saturday 5:30-9:30pm Summer Season: Tuesday - Saturday 5:30-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chrysa Robertson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Rancho Pinot
Rancho Pinot is a friendly, locally-loved "neighborhood" restaurant, featuring the best of the season from our local suppliers. Chef owned and operated for the past 17 years...we strive to make you feel welcomed and comfortable in our retro western-inspired dining room. Our cooking is simply satisfying and delicious...no fluff, no gimmicks...just homemade goodness for the worldly palate. Open kitchen, mesquite-fired grill, homemade ice creams & sorbets, artisan cocktails, wine cellar, wine-on-tap, draft beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Rancho Pinot - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Rancho Pinot reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (33)special occasion (24)notable wine list (21)romantic (9)good for groups (8)Show More
- Great food and serviceBreezeyDined on 4/5/2014Friends took us here two years ago last time we were in Arizona. We had such a wonderful dining experience we decided to go again. We had a wonderful meal and great service. However, I find with Open Table reservations the restaurants may not provide all times available. 7pm was not available and at 6:30 we walked into an empty restaurant which made little sense. Regardless we started with the antipasto plate which was delicious. I had the roasted chicken which was perfectly prepared and my husband had the hangar steak which was delicious. What we did appreciate is the food was served hot. We were too full for dessert but recall having the chocolate cashew cake last time which is highly recommended.Special Features:
- Top FiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014Rancho Pinot has been on our list of top 5 restaurants in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area for years. We feel fortunate to have such a quality restaurant near to our neighborhood. I am particularly fond on the fish dishes and the vegetarian.Special Features:
- I always come to this restaurantSocratesVIPDined on 3/25/2014I always come to this restaurant whenever I am in the Phoenix area. I always have a great meal here. It is consistently the best food in Scottsdale. The food is simply prepared but absolutely delicious. The last time I was there I was with a group of 5 people. We had the lamb chops, chicken, grilled fish and pan roasted fish. Everyone raved about their meals. I am coming back to Scottsdale next year, and I can't wait to get back to Rancho Pinot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/20/2014This was our first dining experience at Rancho Pinot Grill and we brought out of town guests. The ambiance and decor were charming, the food was very good and the service first rate. It would be wonderful if there were one or two items on the menu for guests that are not really adventurous about food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic; will returnChicagoAnnDined on 3/19/2014Rancho Pinot was worth seeking out during our recent visit to Carefree AZ. This restaurant offered a wonderful menu, great service, a nice choice of wines, and an outstanding meal. Anytime we travel to the Phoenix area we will make a point of returning. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- UniqueSicilianoDined on 3/17/2014Very nice alternative to the usual Scottsdale. Food very fresh and good seafood appetizers and entreesSpecial Features:
- A GemBigEVIPDined on 3/17/2014This is a wonderful restaurant with fine appetizers, entrées, and ice cream. And, it is not expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expand menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014We LOVED the fresh, local food offerings, but with two vegetarians, we were a bit limited by food selections. The food they did offer us was excellent, however! Great waitress was very helpful and realistic about taste when we took the meat away from a dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedclm7Dined on 3/14/2014I selected Rancho Pinot because I was dining with an out-of-town guest and I wanted them to have dinner in a southwest setting. Service was terrible. It took our waiter 15 minutes to get to our table. We had to ask for water refills. He acted "put out" when we asked him to explain items on the menu. Salads were bland. Our food took over an HOUR to get to the table. It was one excuse after another "the owner is cooking tonight", "the kitchen lost your ticket", "we haven't been this busy in a long time', "its being plated now---no wait---that's not your food", etc. I hate to spend good money on a terrible experience and a marginal food. Rancho Pinot is located in a sea of great Scottsdale restaurants---next time I will skip Rancho Pinot.
- Great PlaceClayBuckVIPDined on 3/13/2014My wife and I both had the lamb chops and they were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good value for the moneysnowmanDined on 3/11/2014Not good value for the money ok food at inflated prices.
- A Great ExperienceFrequentDiner1Dined on 3/11/2014Rancho Pinot has been a consistently great place for years and they just did it again. Proven but still innovative meal choices, attentive service, and a solid neighborhood café atmosphere - if the neighborhood is Scottsdale, AZ! Recommended for a special occasion or just good food - we usually take key clients here because there is no risk of anything going wrong. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2014Great food is always the standard at Rancho Pinot. Service has a good pace and is friendly and correct. Nonni's Chicken never disappoints, and everything else is first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Step Above the ResttwofoodiesVIPDined on 3/7/2014The food at this place is always something I Look forward to. Dishes put together with imagination. I am a foodie and I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu never disappoints!PinkgeraniumsDined on 3/6/2014There are always interesting and surprising choiceson the menuand the wine list is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2014Every aspect was first rate. Appealing menu, correct and friendly service, outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Restaurant to return toDakotaKivaDined on 2/28/2014The food is very well prepared, and presented very well. However, this is a real gem and out of the way place. People will be happy to come to a restaurant that is busy, not too noisy, and the kind of place portrayed in the cinema as a local restaurant with flair. Chrissa, the owner and Chef de Cuisine is thoughtful, and clever in her food choices, and special items. People should go and enjoy the food. The wine list is very good, and, as the restaurant's name implies, is heavy with Pinot Noirs, many of whom the customer has not heard of.Special Features:
- We found Rancho Pinot forBilindaDined on 2/28/2014We found Rancho Pinot for lunch one day and loved it so much that we returned with out-of-time friends for dinner. Everything about the dinner experience was perfect. Our friends were impressed with the choice of Rancho Pinot as their first dinner in Phoenix!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still goin' after all these yearsJonSDined on 2/28/2014This long-standing Scottsdale fine dining restaurant was better than ever during our most recent visit. Cauliflower soup with coconut milk, curry and lime-yogurt was outstanding, as was the roasted pork. The escarole salad was large, hearty and delicious. I was a bit unimpressed with their draft beer selections. The Mission Brewery Blonde Ale was bland and uninspiring. The Dos Cabezos Grenache was a pleasant surprise. A bit hot on entry and not very complex, it went great with food and was an unexpected surprise with an Arizona winery.Special Features:
- Good VibeprdusaDined on 2/22/2014We like the vibe in this place in addition to the nice food and wine list. We'll be back.Special Features:
- funky locationduchessDined on 2/20/2014The restaurant is in a really funky location between a consignment shop and a dollar store! The decor is very cheesy cowboy, but once you get past all that the food is amazing! The wait staff are quite capable of serving in a five star restaurant. The wine list was not huge but the selections were very good. I would definitely recommend Rancho Pinot to anyone who likes fine food in a casual setting.Special Features:
- Wonderul Wine and Great Dinner SpotLuvtodineoutVIPDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I dined here on my birthday. We shared a frisee with shrimp and squid-delicious. Never been a frisee fan but am now. Fresh bread and local Az Olive oil-yum. We shared the pork tenderloin with squash and bacon-delicious. I did a wine flight and enjoyed several wines and my husband tried the local beer recommended by our server. Dessert had salted carmel with a chocolate eclair like cake-and they wrote Happy Birthday to me in chocolate. The owner and chef came out and were wonderful to talk to. The restaurant called a cab, it took a while so they gave both of us a drink while we were waiting on the house! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day WinnerGastroJohnnyDined on 2/14/2014Food, serve, ambiance and overall experience were fantastic. The evening flowed well and the experience was balanced. Solid service and tasty food with bright, fresh flavors made this a night worth repeating. Wine list was priced fairly and the entrees were generous and well made. Server was attentive, engaging and efficient. Highly recommend this to you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sisters Valentine's DayHeatherDined on 2/14/2014Food very fresh, beautifully prepared and presented, nice room, suitably priced. The service was very accommodating; the only reason I took it down a notch was that it was slow. But it was Valentine's Day ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for 9carylVIPDined on 2/12/2014we waited too long for our drink order and some in our group grew impatient. salads were tasty but the seafood salad had very,very little grilled seafood. the other salad ordered was supposed to have anchovy mixed in but had no anchovy taste at all. the waiter said that it was mixed in but it is very hard to disguise anchovy and this salad had no anchovy at all. main dishes were fine. service was fine.
- Always the bestMarkGDined on 2/12/2014Over the many years that we have visited Rancho Pinot, the experience has always been exquisite. Food quality and service was perfect as always.
- Delicious!TrevorDined on 2/12/2014We picked this restaurant based on Fodor's recommendation (Fodor's Pick). And Rancho Pinot delivered. Chef Chysa Robertson's food was outstanding (imaginative, flavourful with an emphasis on local ingredients) as was friendly and efficient service (Felix!). Bottle wine list could be a little more ambitious especially in international offerings but we found excellent choices by the glass to accompany our selections. This is what a restaurant should be: food, wine and service leaving an indelible memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseamfoodieVIPDined on 2/3/2014Walking in, one would not expect the creative & delicious food. My salad, unique with roasted squash, was very flavorful. My husband's beet salad was excellent with a horseradish twist. And loved the fun sorbet flavors. The kitschy decor of old western was the only drawback.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!DinrDivaVIPDined on 2/3/2014The two of us have been wanting to get to Rancho PInot for quite some time. So glad we finally made it, and definitely WILL return! Server Jim was attentive and friendly and unobtrusive. When was the3 last time you experienced members of the wait-staff standing by the door as you depart, thanking you for being there and inviting you back?? Nice touch! Food was fresh, tasteful and well-presented. Menu was diverse, yet not too edgy. Wine list was not roust, but well-thought out with some standards and some things I had not seen on a wine list before but wanted to try. Good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of loyal customers …geofromazVIPDined on 2/1/2014… and with good reason. Always predictably good to great dishes served by a very professional staff. And always a fine wine that compliments the great food. One of the valley's best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- definitely a keeperfoodluvDined on 1/11/2014We are locals and decided to expand our usual go- to restaurant choice. We read a positive review of Rancho Pinot and decided to give it a try. We are so glad that we did! Now we are looking forward to returning. It is in a strip mall, but don't let that deter you. Once you enter the ambiance is very inviting and most importantly the food that we had was delicious. We had an appetizer, 2 entrees and their very nice homemade ice-cream. The complimentary bread and olive oil are also great. Our server was very attentive. We are glad we found Rancho Pinot!Special Features:
- Don't BotherOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/30/2013On an average weekend night the restaurant is understaffed, (hand is out for tips) the food is poorly presented and the owner is not engaged. Bypass this place in a strip mall, over priced and there are many other restaurants in the area that have better service, more provocative food and less expensive, this place is a RIP!
- wonderful as usualtwofoodiesVIPDined on 12/24/2013Rancho Pinot never fails to give us a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rancho Pinot wowed us!slowfoodieDined on 12/24/2013What a perfect choice for our Christmas dinner. Fantastic wines on tap (a delight to finally try one of these unique wines)! Terrific service. An inspired menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MacdewVIPDined on 12/11/2013We have been here twice now. Food is superb, service is exceptional and can't wait to go back! Jillian is one of the best waitresses we've had the pleasure to meet.Special Features:
- Creative excellencereggieDined on 12/10/2013I am always impressed with the creativity of the Chef, as well as the execution. I eat at Rancho Pinot with some regularity and know that I will get an interesting and a meal cooked to perfection. Love to introduce newcomers to this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to Love Rancho PinotKarenLDined on 12/4/2013The wood smoke hit my nose as I rounded the corner to walk into the restaurant. I was delighted with the thought of having some finely crafted smoke infused food. Loved the interior, although the tables for lunch could have had a little more "juzz." Wait staff was fantastic. For me, the food was not. I had the Jidori chicken sandwich with a side salad. Nothing about the meal hit my palate as something special. Toasted bread with bagged mixed greens, some chicken pieces, some shaved cheese, and a vinaigrette. Another small handful of the greens on the same plate was the salad. I would try it again, but order something else, maybe the soup. It was not a good first impression for me.Special Features:
- Always one of the best!AnnaVIPDined on 11/18/2013Had a friend in from the Midwest, and wanted her to see what really good restaurants in AZ taste and feel like. Everything was spectacular, as always! The staff is so well trained and friendly; the menu is always fresh and inventive; the food never ever disappoints. It was a delightful evening, and I'm so pleased to see that Rancho is open for lunch now- will be trying it soon!Special Features:
- We shall return!bodocDined on 11/18/2013Comfortable, friendly Arizona cattle ranch atmosphere that was unpretentious, unrushed and relaxed. We enjoyed being able to focus on our conversation and camaraderie in this ambient setting. Food was outstanding with appealing mix of flavors, textures, and presentation by attentive but not intrusive staff. Despite initial disappointment at the unavailability of a favored menu item (the chef rejected a delivered entree supply as substandard - thank you!), we were delighted by our second choices. Extensive wine list is noteworthy. Our reason for celebration was magnified by our dining experience! Thanks for the memory. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2013Jillian was our server. She enhances the entire dining experience. Best server we've ever had anywhere. We used to go to Tarbells, now we will dine more frequently at Rancho Pinot because of Jillian.Special Features: