Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb Ranch
3530 County Road 83
Tabernash, CO 80478Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb Ranch
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.devilsthumbranch.com/
- Phone: (970) 726-7002
- Hours of Operation:
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm Wednesdays through Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We offer special events from 2 to 180 persons. Various spaces available including private wine cellar, meeting rooms with views and large conference area with views.
A word from Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb Ranch
Folks in Grand County know that if it's a special occasion, there's really only one place to go. Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb Ranch sits rather unpretentiously on the edge of a sweeping meadow with the Continental Divide above, and worn hardwood floors below. You see, it's located in the original homestead that was built on the Ranch in the 1930s. We like to think that when those early pioneers picked the spot for their home, it was chosen for it's magnificient views - elk and moose wander by, the stars blanket the sky like you'll never see in a city. We also like to think that those early Ranchers knew a thing or two about eating well. And we carry on the tradition with style at Ranch House Restaurant. We serve New American Mountain Cuisine here - which means real food, cooked with real ingredients. Organic and locally grown whenever we can. Always fresh, always delicious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb Ranch - Best Restaurants in Tabernash ›
Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb Ranch reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)scenic view (31)romantic (30)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (22)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Not as special as expected!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014We scheduled a special dinner, and the restaurant didn't seem to realize that even though we had communicated through Open Table. The meal experience was disappointing. because the pork chops were mostly fat, the burger was overly charred, and the gluten-free bread was simply white toast. Also, on a few occasions more than one server asked to help with something (refilling wine, packing up leftovers, needing silverwear) and then no one took responsibility to bring what was requested! Did not live up to our expectations for a celebratory evening.
- Excellent Birthday dinner!!!SunnyDined on 11/8/2014The atomsphere was energetic with all ages, families, friends and couples. The bar was slammed so it too awhile to get a drink while we waited for our table once seated; our dinners were delicious!!! The waitress was a bit hit and run once our dinner was served so we didn't get another round of drinks. Otherwise everything was wonderful!Special Features:
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014Seated 30 minutes after reservation, another 30 minutes for drinks. Restaurant was empty but dinner took forever. Food overcooked, horrible service. We've always had a good experience at Devil's Thumb but this was terrible.
- Wonderful Spot in Fraser ValleyKevinVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is the third or fourth time we have had dinner here. The setting is beautiful, the atmosphere is great, food was very good. Service was a bit slow, but they were busy,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The food was absolutely wonderful and the staff was great. Our son had a great time with everyone and they were very friendly. We can't say enough about the food, it was absolutely amazing! The restaurant had a beautiful view of the mountains and the inside was very warm and inviting. Overall I would say this is one of the best dinning experiences we have had in a long time. Thank you all for making the night so memorable.Special Features:
- Lovely spotGranbyRancherDined on 10/11/2014They do a nice job and shoulder season is a great time to get in without a hassle or a crowd. The server recomended kobe was not remarkable and silly expensive, everything else great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foot and servicewombat1260Dined on 10/4/2014Total cost for 2 with tip and one $70 bottle of wine was $260.Special Features:
- lizzielizzieDined on 9/27/2014Understaffed, sat in the bar area for 20 min. before dinner and bartender too busy to get us a before dinner drink. Heard him complaining about the situation. Dinner was good, service good at dinner. Overpriced for the quality and quantity.Special Features:
- MariaJDined on 9/26/2014This restaurant provides a wonderful background for a romantic dinner with a suprior ambience, knowledgable staff, and a delicious wine list. For a starter, we savored the house cured charcuterie plate for two with an array of flavors throughout the cured meats, and paired cheeses. For dinner, I enjoyed the elk tenderloin wrapped in bacon complimented with a cherry essence, and a corn flan, ginger-rhubarb compote, and my dining companion enjoyed the bison filet mignon paired with an eggplant reg pepper marmalade. Service was timed according to our pace, and the wine selection was dynamic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rocky Mountain MajesticSingingRickDined on 9/24/2014Devil's Thumb Ranch is a jewel in Grand County, Colorado.... the Ranch House Restaurant takes the excellent cuisine, amptmosphere, and service of their Heck's to an even higher level at the Ranch House. Fantastic views with well trained staff to ensure the perfect dining experience, combined with amazing menus, make this the "must do at least once" when in the Rocky Mountains! We've had a cabin in Grand County for 7 years but finally made to the Ranch House...kicking ourselves for the time lost! Our first but far-from-last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandinglulovesfudDined on 9/21/2014Devil's Thumb has never been anything but superb! The menu offers an interesting selection with a variety of tastes and combinations. It remains my favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousdelishDined on 9/20/2014The dining room is lovely and view even better. Waiter was personable and attentive. We had never been to the restaurant and he described the selections to us and gave us great recommendations. Food choices were unique and delicious! Wine recommendation from waiter was super. We were very happy with our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd recommend this to a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent menu, knowledgeable and attentive staff, incredible views. The only complaint was in the kitchen overcooking my meat. I ordered medium and it came back well done. I mentioned this to the waiter who immediately took it back (I don't normally complain but for the price I figured it should be cooked to my preference). However it came back so late that my wife was actually finishing her meal, and the meat was only slightly less cooked. I ate it anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveMilesOutWestVIPDined on 8/29/2014First, trying to find a reasonably priced red wine was difficult, so we settled on one that was "just ok" at $14 glass. We then shared the Meditreanian platter as a stater and then the Elk. Both were very good. I do like the food and setting of this place but its one of those that not sure if worth the high prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ranch House Reviewttpatron2014Dined on 8/24/2014Outstanding food and service. Very unique choices and distinct flavors made it a remarkable dining experience. Very pricey though, but I would say worth it for a special occasion. Don't take a group unless you just won the lotto or took you silicon valley tech start up public.Special Features:
- Disappointing ServiceMrsHmrDined on 8/9/2014Food was great, gorgeous location but service was lacking. Didn't see our server for 15-20 at a time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the ranch houseTommieBoyDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant is very nice and relaxing. Wish I could have said the same for the food. Took a long time to get our entree. When it finally arrived the food was cold. When we finally got the wait persons attention, she took the food back and brought out another entree that was hot. Never checked back to see if the food was better, nor did she apologize for the cold food. By this time we had lost interest in eating. Had requested that this was a special occasion (Anniversary), nothing was ever mentioned. Yet 2 other tables around us were given a desert for their special occasion.
- Beautiful view...BlueSkyDined on 8/3/2014except for the table of dirty glasses outside the window of the restaurant marring the view of the pasture, trees, and continental divide. We have been there many times and this is the first time we experienced this problem. Other than that very good food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, impeccable serviceFoodLoverWith3KidsDined on 8/1/2014This was an incredible spur-of-the-moment experience; our waiter Seanne was very knowledgeable about the food, its sources, and she was very professional but still provided a great personal touch. The food was so delicious and beautifully presented - even our 3 kids were closing their eyes and slowing down to fully chew and savor the flavors that expounded. The combinations and creativity were enjoyable and not overly pretentious just for the sake of creativity. The ambience was also just perfect - the warm wood surrounding us as we gazed outside while the sun set. We will remember this experience for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It doesn't get better than this!RevTomVIPDined on 8/1/2014What a great find! The drive and the views from the tables are beautiful, the service is tops, and the food is incredible. We both had the trout dinner, and it was an awesome blend of great fish and amazing tastes. We're not in Winter Park often, but this will always be a "must do" for us.Special Features:
- sereneGhinnyDined on 8/1/2014Exceptional food, epitome of service, beautiful environment, diverse menu, a special placeSpecial Features:
- The following 145 reviews are from the Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb Ranch reviews archive.
- WOW !SuperbVIPDined on 7/26/2014A remarkable and memorable bar & dining experience. This restaurant is very "Off the beaten path" but SO WORTH GETTING THERE. Definitely the biggest highlight of our culinary experience on recent vacation to Breckenridge. We had Wagyu tartare and great drinks at the bar before hand. Topher, bartender, was outstanding; made us feel totally comfortable. Then we moved into the dining room and the food and service were impeccable. We had Corn Chowder, an abalone appetizer, Wagyu beef Filet, Elk and upside down cake. Each item was totally delectable, beautifully presented, perfectly cooked, tasty, simply outstanding ! Our server, Enrika, was superb and made us feel at home. The interior of bar and restaurant are both very special & unique.Special Features:
- SplendidDrDRVIPDined on 7/26/2014Good menu, excellent taste, large portions, pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- Devil's Thumb Ranch GemMadgeDined on 7/26/2014The Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's thumb Ranch is outstanding. From the outstanding service to the delicious food, everything made for an extremely enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014Went for my parents anniversary and husband's birthday. We all loved the spendid view across the valley and the food was superb. Would definitely recommend and hope to get back to try more item from the menu. Everyone in our group of 7 enjoyed the entire experience!Special Features:
- Another great experience at DTRMikeDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I have been to Devil's Thumb Ranch a handful of times. DTR continues to impresses me with their outstanding service and quality. On this occasion, we were celebrating our anniversary at the Ranch House restaurant. The food was top shelf and the environment was very comfortable but not pretentious. Catching dinner here with expansive views of the sunlit Continental Divide was a fantastic way to cap of the day.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAimKDined on 7/4/20147/4/14--My husband and I went to Ranch House Restaurant for our 1st anniversary. Our experience at Ranch House was a perfect ending to a wonderful day. Our cocktails were perfectly crafted, and our meal was absolutely delicious! We ordered the bison filet & the elk medallion. Fantastic. For dessert we had a decadent chocolate torte adorned with edible "Happy Anniversary" chocolate. On top of the wonderful meal, the service was excellent! The staff was attentive and warm. We can't wait to be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SupurbJNikVIPDined on 7/2/2014The Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb was on par with top steak houses from New York or Chicago yet with an incredible view of the Continental Divide. We would go again without delaySpecial Features:
- Great romantic getawayluv2danceDined on 7/2/2014Ranch House at DevilsThumb, CO, is fantastic. Extensive wine list, knowledgable staff and great food. It offers a 5 star CO experience with Bison, Elk, Wagu beef and other Western choices . We even got to tour their wine cellar. Exceptional!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/25/2014Our waiter did a great job explaining any questions about the menu and offering substitutions for our dietary needs. Personable but not hovering. Enjoyed the meal tremendously. And what a view!!!!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner DelightJohnM02Dined on 6/4/2014Wonderful setting and backdrop of the Continental Divide. Restaurant was relatively quiet and relaxing. Service was outstanding. Menu was quite varied and offered dishes not normally available in the Colorado area. Opted for the five course tasting dinner which was absolutely wonderful except for the unfortunate situation that one item, which was the basis for our original selection, was substituted during the meal. It would have been nice, and more appropriate to notify that the abalone was not available prior to ordering. The meal and it's presentation were excellent overall and the associated wine pairings very complementary. Our Server was extremely efficient, attentive and acknowledged the oversight appropriately. Will Return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing EveningHike4LifeDined on 5/24/2014We had heard a lot about this restaurant and it lived up to it's great reputation. I had the most amazing sea scollops and my husband had the trout on potato cakes. The food was perfectly cooked and uniquely prepared. The ambiance was fun, rustic, charming and romantic. There were plenty of kiddos and although my husband and I were on a kid-free weekend, the restaurant staff were such experts with the kids that the private romance remained. Our waitress was friendly and a delightful hostess for our evening. She was from Lithuania which made for a fun conversation about our travels. I highly recommend Devil's Thumb Ranch as well as the Ranch House restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemGabeDined on 4/9/2014My wife and I stayed at the Devil's Thumb Ranch and on our last night dined at the Ranch House--a memorable evening. Terrific menu--we did the tasting menu. It was superb. An excellent mix of seafood and beef--well-prepared. Outstanding wine and spirits list with excellent variety from the value end to high end selections. The early evening view in April of the still-snow-covered mountains was breathtaking. And service was outstanding--very friendly. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allow Plenty of TimechaunceysfVIPDined on 4/4/2014The food here was excellent. The kitchen, though, does move at a much slower pace than we are used to. A three course dinner (no dessert) took almost two and a half hours. The staff is eager, attentive and very well trained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In one word: FANTASTICPCGuestVIPDined on 4/2/2014From the moment we walked in the door we were treated like special guests. Fabulous evening experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingravdinDined on 3/30/2014The Ranch House at Devil's Thumb ranks with the best restaurants we have experienced in our travels. The descriptors that come to mind are "original, creative, delicious and memorable".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WayguFoodbitsDined on 3/30/2014Every bite of food was well appointed with flavor and texture but not over reaching. The Waygu beef is offered at the ounce size cut of your choice in three steak options. Where else can you customize your dinner for your personal preference? The elk steak was also prepared beautifully. Great wine list. An engaged server added depth and insight to the menu and chefs. The snow falling outside in the evening/night light rounded out a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experience!BILLDined on 3/22/2014We went to Devils Thumb Ranch for our anniversary and although our expectations were high the Ranch House restaurant exceeded them. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2014The Devil's Thumb is nestled in the mountains by Winter Park, CO. If you are looking for a very nice evening out this is the place to go. They are also very kid friendly so don't hesitate to bring them along. Great food, great wine and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentfrolickingpuddleglumsDined on 3/1/2014The mountain trout was to die for. Chocolate truffles to finish it off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.