Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb Ranch
3530 County Road 83
Tabernash, CO 80478Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb Ranch
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.devilsthumbranch.com/
- Phone: 9707267002
- Hours of Operation:
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm Wednesdays through Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We offer special events from 2 to 180 persons. Various spaces available including private wine cellar, meeting rooms with views and large conference area with views.
A word from Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb Ranch
Folks in Grand County know that if it's a special occasion, there's really only one place to go. Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb Ranch sits rather unpretentiously on the edge of a sweeping meadow with the Continental Divide above, and worn hardwood floors below. You see, it's located in the original homestead that was built on the Ranch in the 1930s. We like to think that when those early pioneers picked the spot for their home, it was chosen for it's magnificient views - elk and moose wander by, the stars blanket the sky like you'll never see in a city. We also like to think that those early Ranchers knew a thing or two about eating well. And we carry on the tradition with style at Ranch House Restaurant. We serve New American Mountain Cuisine here - which means real food, cooked with real ingredients. Organic and locally grown whenever we can. Always fresh, always delicious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb Ranch - Best Restaurants in Tabernash ›
Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb Ranch reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (30)scenic view (25)romantic (21)fit for foodies (19)notable wine list (16)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Disappointing ServiceMrsHmrDined on 8/9/2014Food was great, gorgeous location but service was lacking. Didn't see our server for 15-20 at a time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the ranch houseTommieBoyDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant is very nice and relaxing. Wish I could have said the same for the food. Took a long time to get our entree. When it finally arrived the food was cold. When we finally got the wait persons attention, she took the food back and brought out another entree that was hot. Never checked back to see if the food was better, nor did she apologize for the cold food. By this time we had lost interest in eating. Had requested that this was a special occasion (Anniversary), nothing was ever mentioned. Yet 2 other tables around us were given a desert for their special occasion.
- Beautiful view...BlueSkyDined on 8/3/2014except for the table of dirty glasses outside the window of the restaurant marring the view of the pasture, trees, and continental divide. We have been there many times and this is the first time we experienced this problem. Other than that very good food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, impeccable serviceFoodLoverWith3KidsDined on 8/1/2014This was an incredible spur-of-the-moment experience; our waiter Seanne was very knowledgeable about the food, its sources, and she was very professional but still provided a great personal touch. The food was so delicious and beautifully presented - even our 3 kids were closing their eyes and slowing down to fully chew and savor the flavors that expounded. The combinations and creativity were enjoyable and not overly pretentious just for the sake of creativity. The ambience was also just perfect - the warm wood surrounding us as we gazed outside while the sun set. We will remember this experience for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It doesn't get better than this!RevTomVIPDined on 8/1/2014What a great find! The drive and the views from the tables are beautiful, the service is tops, and the food is incredible. We both had the trout dinner, and it was an awesome blend of great fish and amazing tastes. We're not in Winter Park often, but this will always be a "must do" for us.Special Features:
- sereneGhinnyDined on 8/1/2014Exceptional food, epitome of service, beautiful environment, diverse menu, a special placeSpecial Features:
- WOW !SuperbVIPDined on 7/26/2014A remarkable and memorable bar & dining experience. This restaurant is very "Off the beaten path" but SO WORTH GETTING THERE. Definitely the biggest highlight of our culinary experience on recent vacation to Breckenridge. We had Wagyu tartare and great drinks at the bar before hand. Topher, bartender, was outstanding; made us feel totally comfortable. Then we moved into the dining room and the food and service were impeccable. We had Corn Chowder, an abalone appetizer, Wagyu beef Filet, Elk and upside down cake. Each item was totally delectable, beautifully presented, perfectly cooked, tasty, simply outstanding ! Our server, Enrika, was superb and made us feel at home. The interior of bar and restaurant are both very special & unique.Special Features:
- SplendidDrDRVIPDined on 7/26/2014Good menu, excellent taste, large portions, pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- Devil's Thumb Ranch GemMadgeDined on 7/26/2014The Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's thumb Ranch is outstanding. From the outstanding service to the delicious food, everything made for an extremely enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience at DTRMikeDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I have been to Devil's Thumb Ranch a handful of times. DTR continues to impresses me with their outstanding service and quality. On this occasion, we were celebrating our anniversary at the Ranch House restaurant. The food was top shelf and the environment was very comfortable but not pretentious. Catching dinner here with expansive views of the sunlit Continental Divide was a fantastic way to cap of the day.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAimKDined on 7/4/20147/4/14--My husband and I went to Ranch House Restaurant for our 1st anniversary. Our experience at Ranch House was a perfect ending to a wonderful day. Our cocktails were perfectly crafted, and our meal was absolutely delicious! We ordered the bison filet & the elk medallion. Fantastic. For dessert we had a decadent chocolate torte adorned with edible "Happy Anniversary" chocolate. On top of the wonderful meal, the service was excellent! The staff was attentive and warm. We can't wait to be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SupurbOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/2/2014The Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb was on par with top steak houses from New York or Chicago yet with an incredible view of the Continental Divide. We would go again without delaySpecial Features:
- Great romantic getawayluv2danceDined on 7/2/2014Ranch House at DevilsThumb, CO, is fantastic. Extensive wine list, knowledgable staff and great food. It offers a 5 star CO experience with Bison, Elk, Wagu beef and other Western choices . We even got to tour their wine cellar. Exceptional!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/25/2014Our waiter did a great job explaining any questions about the menu and offering substitutions for our dietary needs. Personable but not hovering. Enjoyed the meal tremendously. And what a view!!!!Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner DelightJohnM02Dined on 6/4/2014Wonderful setting and backdrop of the Continental Divide. Restaurant was relatively quiet and relaxing. Service was outstanding. Menu was quite varied and offered dishes not normally available in the Colorado area. Opted for the five course tasting dinner which was absolutely wonderful except for the unfortunate situation that one item, which was the basis for our original selection, was substituted during the meal. It would have been nice, and more appropriate to notify that the abalone was not available prior to ordering. The meal and it's presentation were excellent overall and the associated wine pairings very complementary. Our Server was extremely efficient, attentive and acknowledged the oversight appropriately. Will Return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing EveningHike4LifeDined on 5/24/2014We had heard a lot about this restaurant and it lived up to it's great reputation. I had the most amazing sea scollops and my husband had the trout on potato cakes. The food was perfectly cooked and uniquely prepared. The ambiance was fun, rustic, charming and romantic. There were plenty of kiddos and although my husband and I were on a kid-free weekend, the restaurant staff were such experts with the kids that the private romance remained. Our waitress was friendly and a delightful hostess for our evening. She was from Lithuania which made for a fun conversation about our travels. I highly recommend Devil's Thumb Ranch as well as the Ranch House restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 134 reviews are from the Ranch House Restaurant at Devil's Thumb Ranch reviews archive.
- Hidden GemGabeDined on 4/9/2014My wife and I stayed at the Devil's Thumb Ranch and on our last night dined at the Ranch House--a memorable evening. Terrific menu--we did the tasting menu. It was superb. An excellent mix of seafood and beef--well-prepared. Outstanding wine and spirits list with excellent variety from the value end to high end selections. The early evening view in April of the still-snow-covered mountains was breathtaking. And service was outstanding--very friendly. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allow Plenty of TimechaunceysfVIPDined on 4/4/2014The food here was excellent. The kitchen, though, does move at a much slower pace than we are used to. A three course dinner (no dessert) took almost two and a half hours. The staff is eager, attentive and very well trained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In one word: FANTASTICPCGuestDined on 4/2/2014From the moment we walked in the door we were treated like special guests. Fabulous evening experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingravdinDined on 3/30/2014The Ranch House at Devil's Thumb ranks with the best restaurants we have experienced in our travels. The descriptors that come to mind are "original, creative, delicious and memorable".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WayguFoodbitsDined on 3/30/2014Every bite of food was well appointed with flavor and texture but not over reaching. The Waygu beef is offered at the ounce size cut of your choice in three steak options. Where else can you customize your dinner for your personal preference? The elk steak was also prepared beautifully. Great wine list. An engaged server added depth and insight to the menu and chefs. The snow falling outside in the evening/night light rounded out a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dining experience!BILLDined on 3/22/2014We went to Devils Thumb Ranch for our anniversary and although our expectations were high the Ranch House restaurant exceeded them. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2014The Devil's Thumb is nestled in the mountains by Winter Park, CO. If you are looking for a very nice evening out this is the place to go. They are also very kid friendly so don't hesitate to bring them along. Great food, great wine and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentfrolickingpuddleglumsDined on 3/1/2014The mountain trout was to die for. Chocolate truffles to finish it off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Ranch RestaurantGingerDined on 2/28/2014Unfortunately, the confirmation of a party of five, confirmed the night before, was not conveyed. Additionally, the night of, an accident occurred in town, and traffic delayed. I called to alert the restaurant, and they looked" blind" that I had called to say I would be delayed. Ultimately, it was a lovely dining experience, but the "manager on duty" and host were young and did not convey what your image should be. Bad mark on front staffing!Special Features:
- A great repeatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2014We enjoyed this restaurant so much during our visit to Winter Park last year, that we made sure to book a reservation for this year too. The level of service, menu knowledge and customer care is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very romantic spot in aBJ2455Dined on 2/22/2014A very romantic spot in a quiet setting. Very friendly waiter and staff. After dinner drinks by the fireplace was a welcome change. The braised short-ribs were outstanding when paired with the Faust cabernet. I did like the butterscotch Crème Brule the best of the trio.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal and diningABM123Dined on 2/15/2014Wonderful meal and dining experience to celebrate Valentines Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Valentine's dinnerdwhalenDined on 2/14/2014We've been here several times and each time is both memorable and enjoyable! The food is always excellent, they have a great wine list and we always get a knowledgable, attentive and friendly server. If your in the Winter Park area I would highly recommend a trip to Devil's Thumb Ranch and take the time to dine at The Ranch House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening at Devil's ThumbBAC1Dined on 2/12/2014Another outstanding evening at Devil's Thumb Ranch. We were there on Wednesday evening and enjoyed the "Wine Down" discounts - even the Cristal Champaign was half price - so we got to enjoy a bubbly that we would not otherwise ever try. The Colorado striped bass was absolutely outstanding as were the scallops. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In every way a 5 star placeNancyDined on 1/26/2014In every way a 5 star place fit for a king or qyen!Special Features:
- Excellent in Every Way!JEM68Dined on 1/24/2014Wonderful atmosphere, creative and delicious food with allergy friendly options and an exceptionally friendly and helpful staff that can't be beat! Mix all that with a wonderful place to stay, miles of cross-country/mountain biking trails and a top notch spa and you can't go wrong. The only downside is having to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRob22VIPDined on 1/15/2014We ate there 2 nights in a row. Night one was quite good; we ate the chef's menu with wine pairings (although not all the pairings worked). The second night, we chose form the menu and, frankly, the dishes were inedible; dry, tasteless and boring. We were warned that Ranch House was very uneven, and, unfortunately, it's true
- Don't MissBobandSuzyDined on 1/8/2014We always look forward to dinner at the Ranch House on every trip to the Fraser Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately the Ranch HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/1/2014Unfortunately the Ranch House was having a bad night on January 1. After 1.5 hours we did not know if our entrees would ever show up and we weren't hungry any more.
- Not worth the investmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2013Very average service and food, disappointing value. Our check was $250 for 2A and 2C and if we had it to do again, we would not. Management really needs to evolve the service engagement and culinary portions/quality to match the ambience and setting of the Ranch.Special Features:
- Not an ideal place for childrenMomof4yroldDined on 12/25/2013I wish the ranch ( where we stayed in lodge for Christmas) would have let us know that this restaurant was not kid friendly. Others dining there gave us looks of " wish I wasn't sitting next to them" . Our 4 year old daughter is usually very good but was shy and not in her element here. We almost left after being seated as even the waitress changed when she saw we had a child. We ate here for Christmas dinner. The Prime rib was incredible and I recommend their food and pumpkin cheesecake dessert was great. It isn't a place to eat if you are in a hurry and there is no kids menu. Staying at the ranch is kid friendly but I really wish they had another restaurant there for kids- ie. hamburger / pizza place.
- takes too long for drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/23/2013was there twice in a row. Both times it took too long for our initial drink order. One time 20 minutes, the other time 10-15. Food is never a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencenancyhDined on 12/15/2013Our experience at this restaurant was top notch. The food is excellent. It was well prepared, unique and very flavorful. The restaurant has a wonderful, warm ambience and the service was unbeatable. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- 3 small pieces of elk sausagenoRHRDined on 11/29/20133 small pieces of elk sausage does not qualify as a $36 gourmet dinner.