8171 Maple Lawn Blvd
Fulton, MD 20759Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ranazul.us/
- Phone: (301) 498-9666
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Lite fare: Daily: 2:30pm - 5:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday-Friday: 3:00pm - 7:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thurs: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jaime Ayala
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3014989666x
- Special Events: Sign up for our email list to receive news of our upcoming wine dinners, tastings, and other special events at http://www.ranazul.us and visit often. Or friend us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/RANAZUL to keep up with all of our news.
A word from Ranazul
Ranazul, an international Tapas style restaurant, truly offers something for everyone. Located in the newly developed Maple Lawn area of Howard County and just minutes off I-95, Ranazul delivers a level of quality and style typically associated with high priced big city restaurants, but does so affordably and in a very warm, friendly, and neighborly way. From the abundant(and free) parking to the custom Maryland made ice creams on our house made desserts, you're sure to enjoy everything about your Ranazul dining experience. Our service staff is especially trained in guiding you and your palate through the Tapas experience as you enjoy signature dishes such as Tuna Tartare, Arepas, and New Zealand Lamb Chops. Our wine list offers over 150 labels with many half bottle selections so that you may enjoy a multitude of wines to match our vast food offerings. So we invite you to join us and experience for yourself why Ranazul is at the top of everyone's list of favorite places. See you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Ranazul - Best Restaurants in Fulton ›
Ranazul reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (42)special occasion (37)good for groups (32)romantic (27)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Delicious interpretation of seasonal tapasKiishDined on 11/15/2014The food is fresh and delicious. What I like most about the restaurant is that they will at times offer a prixe fixe menu outside of restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was greatBirthdayVIPDined on 11/15/2014This is.our 5th visit . the food was great but the service was horrible. Took 10 minutes to get a drink.They were very slow to clear our.plates during the main meal. But the worst thing was.. They did not ever finish clearing our plates before dessert came. We stacked fhem and pushed them away. Got coffee and used those spoons while waiting for new spoons. Finally got spoons and was told ..they had just come up. Then when paying thr bill he didn't bring us the rigjt copy to sign... Will go back again..because we like the food, but our friends won't be coming back. They don't have any history with them. Hope things improve soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good (as usual), but. . .SkywayDined on 11/15/2014When to my "go to" special occasion place for my birthday. Although place was full, service was very good. Wait staff is very young but our waiter was very good. A couple of miscues were covered well. Food, as usual, was excellent, with one exception - the seared scallop (a signature dish and normally my favorite) was served over slices of pumpkin that were so dry and tough I couldn't saw through them with a steak knife. One other person at our table had the same problem. As usual, the pork tenderloin was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food, very poor serviceEllenVIPDined on 11/15/2014There is obviously a very good chef at work here. The scallops, for instance, are always served on a bed of seasonal vegetables in a delicious sauce and is one of the best dishes of any restaurant I've been to in the Washington area. If they could just provide some professional service, Ranazul could be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated TapasJanrezDined on 11/11/2014We have been a number of times and it is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas with Spanish Music - SUN NiteJimDeeVIPDined on 11/9/2014It's always a Treat to dine here. We especially enjoy SUNDAY evenings since Bruce Casteel is generally serenading us with beautiful music. Our favorite dishes are the Salmon Avocado Sushi and the Salmon Medallions. The prix fix menu was also amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy, pricy, averageJenniferDined on 11/9/2014The place has white table cloths. It's seemed fancy but not stuffy. The service was bland, without personality. The food was a bit pricy and average. Not spectacular. Doubt I will return and only likely to recommend as a possible special occasion for locals.Special Features:
- Love this place!JoMomDined on 11/8/2014We always come back to Ranazul for delicious food in a lovely atmosphere. We love the salad with crispy duck and the filet mignon is absolutely delicious. The potatoes bravas are yummy. My husband got the pasta & shrimp with alfredo sauce and enjoyed it. Our friends liked the Peruvian chicken, and fried shrimp & calamari dish they shared. Ending dessert with molten chocolate cake was perfect! I would recommend Ranazul to anyone who wants a delicious, relaxing meal in a pretty setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable RestaurantLRG1960Dined on 11/8/2014Four of us were there on Saturday night and really enjoyed our selves. The choices for Tapas was unending. We choose eight of them - one too many for us. All were unique and delicious. A couple of us thought the pork was over cooked - but the rest of the dish made up of it. Service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner DateJohnnyAwesomeDined on 11/8/2014Sophisticated and spacious atmosphere. Best enjoyed in groups willing to share. We set out for drinks and tapas before going someplace else for entrees. Fried manchego was a pleasant surprise. Frito mixto (fried calamari and shrimp) was pretty good, light and crisp, conservatively seasoned. Bread and olive oil was exactly that. One more tapa would have been enough to negate going someplace else for entrees.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014Service was great. Tapas were larger than other tapas restaurants I've been to, so fewer is better. The Azteca soup was excellent, and the scallops was good. I felt the other tapas I ordered used too much butter and cream to make them rich but not very flavorful.
- Our favorite local placeSMR1989VIPDined on 11/7/2014We love to sit at the bar and enjoy the tapas. The bartender, Jeremy always makes us feel welcome. Love the Riojas on the wine list. Our favorite tapas are the patatas bravas, the spinach, empanadas and the lamb. Everything is delicious! Our favorite place to go for food and relaxation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Our dinner was hit and miss. Loved the asparagus, creamed potatoes and the salmon medallion was loved by one and over cooked for the 2nd diner. Seems to have lost some of it's punch.Special Features:
- I Love the Food!LoveLoveDined on 10/31/2014The Tapas are a nice size and can certainly fill you up! Everything is seasoned to perception! I've enjoyed every dish that I've tried. The servers are friendly and knowledgeable. I wish I'd discovered it earlier.Special Features:
- A nice treatEvilAlDined on 10/31/2014A nice surprise. Atmosphere was good. Quiet table provided as requested. Service was professional and "just write". Food was a real treat and a nice surprise re: quality and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of good choicesBsssDined on 10/31/2014The hardest thing about eating here was deciding what I wanted to eat. Since the restaurant serves small plates, that leaves more options available for the meal. Everything I had was delicious and the experience as a whole was quite pleasant. We will be dining here again.Special Features:
- TwogoodDined on 10/25/2014We started our experience with a couple of cocktails at the bar (our routine). They had the special mixtures that makes our drink request. Dinner followed at a very comfortable table were we ordered tuna and lamb chops that were perfect. The help was present but not over-bearing. A great night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014great ambience and food. server was patience and knowledgable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigfanDined on 10/24/2014Excellent and diverse menu that suits small or large appetites with delicious fare. On our recent visit, we had the mushroom soup (soup of the day) and the pan seared scallops, which were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is excellent.RosesHawkDined on 10/24/2014Wonderful food, great service. The wait staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and the wine. You really can't go wrong picking Ranazul for a good meal and a relaxing atmosphere!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sharing is caring!SkinnyFatGirlDined on 10/19/2014A great place to go with a group and order various tapas to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodericDined on 10/18/2014Great tasting food and larger portion sizes than at other tapas restaurants I have been to which may partly explain the slightly larger price per tapas at Ranazul.Special Features:
- Delightful mealAlexDined on 10/11/2014We were with people from out of town who we wanted to talk to. We were seated in the small room in the back. It was great; quiet and private. The food was very good as we have come to expect having been here several times. Service was a bit slow but I believe we had a trainee waiter. Since we were in no rush, it was a pleasant meal for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgotten gemPinkFuzzyBunnyDined on 10/4/2014We were looking for a restaurant to eat dinner at on Saturday night. I had forgotten all about Ranazul. We decided to go. We started with grilled pumpkin salad with manchego cheese, dried cherries and a honey vinaigrette. Fantastic! We then had the sea scallops..tender and moist. Moyth watering. We decided to have the petit filet and asparagus. Everything was delicious. Our server was attentive and fun without being annoying. We decided to finish up with the strawberry cheesecake. We left satisfied without being stuffed. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas or entries.RobOVIPDined on 10/3/2014What to decide when celebrating, both options are good. We chose the seasonal recommendations. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice time at RanazulMike280Dined on 10/1/2014Went here with a friend for dinner, and have been here many times before. The fried oysters are amazing and highly recommended! I also really liked the fried green tomato. We got one interesting dish that I'm not sure I'd get again, but was fun to try, called arepas.Special Features:
- Not so small - platesJazzyJDined on 9/30/2014Our party of four was celebrating our wedding anniversary. Heard about the restaurant through Groupon and liked the idea of "small plates". All of us ordered from the prix fixe menu, four courses, expecting small plates. The food was excellent, but there was way too much of it. Two courses would have been plenty, or the prix fixe menu could have been shared by one couple. We all felt gorged and couldn't finish the last couple courses. The soups were excellent (we tried the bean & tortilla chicken). The mussels were good, but I thought the red onion was a bit strong. Coffee creme brulee was delicious! Very nice calming ambiance. Very attentive waitstaff without hovering!Special Features:
- Date Night with the KidsFamilyFoodiesDined on 9/26/2014We love being able to walk up to have a great dinner of tapas. We started going alone and now take our younger children (ages 6 and 9) who love all the tapas they offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Monday EveningAdventurousDinerDined on 9/15/2014Went on a Monday night at 7:30 with a friend. We were able to have a nice leisurely meal and conversation. Waiter was attentive without being overbearing and the food and wine was excellent!Special Features:
- neighborhood gem….dchanDined on 9/15/2014Ranazul is a great restaurant with a wonderful ambiance. The food is all quite good.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!ABCovDined on 9/11/2014The food and service are always amazing! Wait staff is always attentive. I recommend everything on the menu.Special Features:
- Ranazul is Superb!DaveDined on 9/8/2014Ranazul has superb staff...from the Maitre De, the waiter - Nathan and Chad the General Manager. A wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice tapas!foodieforeverVIPDined on 9/6/2014Generous sized tapas which were easy to share among the four of us. Especially enjoyed the ceviche and asparagus.Special Features:
- The following 363 reviews are from the Ranazul reviews archive.
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013Excellent food and service. The live entertainment (classical guitar) was lovely, a welcome change from the canned, too loud music you often get in restaurants. The atmosphere was elegant, but casual and the staff were all very welcoming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperiencePaulVIPDined on 6/15/2013We dined at Ranazul on a Saturday night in June. Our Open Table reservation was accepted without problem. Our waiter, Steven, was excellent and very knowledgeable of the menu and wine list. We ordered from the tapas menu and were generally pleased with the food and the presentation. That tapas we tried (in order of excellence): Camaron al Tequila; Fried Oysters; Seared Scallops; Crispy Chicken; Arepas; and Bruschetta Rojo. Only the Bruschetta was a disappointment, as the bread was not toasted and the bland tomato salsa was overwhelmed by too much Gorgonzola cheese. The restaurant itself was 75-80% full during our visit, so reservations are probably a good idea.Special Features:
- Food/Ambience good, service slownwrust17Dined on 6/7/2013Really nice food and setting, but although I liked the server, he was a little slow at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodfoodExpertDined on 6/2/2013The food and service was great. We recommend fried oysters and scallops dishes.Special Features:
- Dinner at Ranazul RestaurantjtbbkbVIPDined on 5/29/2013My wife and I had dinner at Ranazul's to celebrate her birthday. I ordered from the Fixed Price Menu ($35) which included dessert. My wife ordered two Tapas selections and soup. The Brazilian Chicken was very good as well as the Salmon Medallions. Shrimp bisque was outstanding. Prices are not noted on the menu for specialty drinks - the $10-11 dollar range seemed high based on the size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back again as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/28/2013Its our regular "guest-in-town" need a good place for dinner spot. Never failsSpecial Features:
- Great food, service could improveReneVIPDined on 5/23/2013Ranazul offers outstanding, creative food. It is a neighborhood gem. Waiters are attentive, but they need to be better trained for a restaurant of the quality of Ranazul. We got our food but we didn't have silverware. We had to wait some time to get it. Ok, one time is ok, but the same happened again for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.