8171 Maple Lawn Blvd
Fulton, MD 20759Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ranazul.us/
- Phone: 3014989666
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Lite fare: Daily: 2:30pm - 5:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday-Friday: 3:00pm - 7:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thurs: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jaime Ayala
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3014989666
- Special Events: Mondays are half price wine night. Sign up for our email list to receive news of our upcoming wine dinners, tastings, and other special events at http://www.ranazul.us and visit often. Or friend us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/RANAZUL to keep up with all of our news.
A word from Ranazul
Ranazul, an international Tapas style restaurant, truly offers something for everyone. Located in the newly developed Maple Lawn area of Howard County and just minutes off I-95, Ranazul delivers a level of quality and style typically associated with high priced big city restaurants, but does so affordably and in a very warm, friendly, and neighborly way. From the abundant(and free) parking to the custom Maryland made ice creams on our house made desserts, you're sure to enjoy everything about your Ranazul dining experience. Our service staff is especially trained in guiding you and your palate through the Tapas experience as you enjoy signature dishes such as Tuna Tartare, Arepas, and New Zealand Lamb Chops. Our wine list offers over 150 labels with many half bottle selections so that you may enjoy a multitude of wines to match our vast food offerings. So we invite you to join us and experience for yourself why Ranazul is at the top of everyone's list of favorite places. See you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ranazul reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013Excellent food and service. The live entertainment (classical guitar) was lovely, a welcome change from the canned, too loud music you often get in restaurants. The atmosphere was elegant, but casual and the staff were all very welcoming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperiencePaulVIPDined on 6/15/2013We dined at Ranazul on a Saturday night in June. Our Open Table reservation was accepted without problem. Our waiter, Steven, was excellent and very knowledgeable of the menu and wine list. We ordered from the tapas menu and were generally pleased with the food and the presentation. That tapas we tried (in order of excellence): Camaron al Tequila; Fried Oysters; Seared Scallops; Crispy Chicken; Arepas; and Bruschetta Rojo. Only the Bruschetta was a disappointment, as the bread was not toasted and the bland tomato salsa was overwhelmed by too much Gorgonzola cheese. The restaurant itself was 75-80% full during our visit, so reservations are probably a good idea.Special Features:
- Food/Ambience good, service slownwrust17Dined on 6/7/2013Really nice food and setting, but although I liked the server, he was a little slow at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodfoodExpertDined on 6/2/2013The food and service was great. We recommend fried oysters and scallops dishes.Special Features:
- Dinner at Ranazul RestaurantjtbbkbVIPDined on 5/29/2013My wife and I had dinner at Ranazul's to celebrate her birthday. I ordered from the Fixed Price Menu ($35) which included dessert. My wife ordered two Tapas selections and soup. The Brazilian Chicken was very good as well as the Salmon Medallions. Shrimp bisque was outstanding. Prices are not noted on the menu for specialty drinks - the $10-11 dollar range seemed high based on the size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back again as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/28/2013Its our regular "guest-in-town" need a good place for dinner spot. Never failsSpecial Features:
- Great food, service could improveReneVIPDined on 5/23/2013Ranazul offers outstanding, creative food. It is a neighborhood gem. Waiters are attentive, but they need to be better trained for a restaurant of the quality of Ranazul. We got our food but we didn't have silverware. We had to wait some time to get it. Ok, one time is ok, but the same happened again for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but EXPENSIVEtayproDined on 5/20/2013The whole idea is to order a few smaller servings instead of one meal, but each selection is the price of a full meal (an expensive one at that!) I will not come to this restaurant again; it was not enough food to justify the amount of money it cost.Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/18/2013What can I say --- the food, the service, the atmosphere -- we love it. If you love tapas, there's a wide variety of delicious hot and cold tapas. For me, the soup and one tapas dish was a perfect-size meal. For my husband, the soup and two tapas. There's also a good-value prix-fixe dinner, along with other entrees.Special Features:
- One Thing After Another1234VIPDined on 5/12/2013They weren't prepared for Mothers' Day and sadly one mistake lead to another. We usually enjoy Ranazul, but we won't be back when they are going to be that busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day FiascoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013We have been to Ranazul many times and have always been impressed with the food and service. Typically, the food is rolling out, well paced, and is always delicious. We went to Ranazul to celebrate Mother's Day and sadly, the kitchen was not prepared and there was a break down in service. After being there for one hour, we had our wine, but not a single piece of food....not even bread to hold us over. After 90 minutes we had been served one course. Our server did not inform us that the kitchen had run out of some of the meals we had ordered until bringing the rest of the food to our table; she was clearly flustered. Despite the poor service, the food was still excellent and luckily, the manager agreed to pick up our tab (smart move).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Initially our 5:00PM Mother'sMWmsVIPDined on 5/12/2013Initially our 5:00PM Mother's Day reservation started off without any problem. Their were only a few tables being occupied so service was reasonably prompt. However, as the evening continued and the flow of patrons became heavier it was obvious that there was trouble in the kitchen. Food delivery was slow and on two instances the wrong order was served. My pork tenderloin was tough as was my husbands chicken. At the end of our meal, the waiter seemed to have disappeared and we waited an inordinate amount of time to be served dessert. Fortunately, my good hearted 90 year old mother, was satisfied with her meal and the evening still managed to be a success. I would not recommed this restaurant on special occassions and will likely not return.
- Mothers' Day BrunchCuriousDined on 5/12/2013Good food, comfortable chairs, nice atmosphere, attentive waiter, not rushed, not noisy. What's not to like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the tapas!SMFluv2eatDined on 5/6/2013Tapas was perfect for us to try a bunch of different dishes! Everything was wonderful: food, drinks and wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2013Never a complaint coming here. This visit wasn't any different.Special Features:
- All-around great restaurant.frequentdinerVIPDined on 4/27/2013All-around great restaurant. Best salmon anywhere!Special Features:
- Our first time there and itET1234Dined on 4/26/2013Our first time there and it was great. We will definitely go back! Loved the small plates.Special Features:
- They couldn't find my reservation.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/22/2013They couldn't find my reservation. Thankfully it wasn't crowded and we got seated immediately.Special Features:
- We are huge fans of the "tapas"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013We are huge fans of the "tapas" style menu. Often times I have a difficult time deciding what I want, and tapas gives me the option of picking multiple items. The food was delicious and our waiter was excellent. We will definitely be going back there.Special Features:
- Never disappointing.FerliseVIPDined on 4/13/2013My boyfriend and I love this place. I had a satisfying pork tenderloin on a bed of delicious vegetables and fried green tomatoes with mushrooms prepared in a way that was totally unexpected and delightful. The Sopa Azteca is your go-to favorite that never disappoints, and my boyfriend's braised shortribs were outstanding. The wait staff is always attentive and well informed and they never rush us. We always end up sitting for hours talking. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Salmon Medallion - fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2013Salmon Medallion - fantastic. Also - 3 shrimp on avocado and mango drizzled in butter sauce - a must! Wine flights reasonable price with manager who knows about each wine.Special Features:
- For the most part RanazulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2013For the most part Ranazul is very good. While they don't seem to be sure about what they want to do, TAPAS or not, and have a different definition of TAPAS, it works. If you want "TAPAS", their small plates are prepared well, fairly priced, more like 1/2 portions than traditional tapas. Strawberry salad was tasty, especially since berries aren't in season, grilled asparagus just right (not too much smoke), although the olive/caper tapenade was bland. Main courses, chicken and pork were tasty but both oversalted. Wine list is good but needs work. Bauer Gruner was weak. Dessert was a disaster, however, and the waitperson agreed and voluntarily took off our bill. With time and work Ranazul could be a really fine restaurant.Special Features:
- I went to Ranazul with myOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013I went to Ranazul with my girlfriends to celebrate a birthday. We all enjoyed our meals. The mixed drinks on the other hand could have been better. Our waiter had no problem making our drinks again. Overall great restaurant n service!Special Features:
- Great Food/Great ServiceKiishDined on 3/16/2013I travel from Baltimore County to dine at Ranazul because the service and the food is always outstanding. I've dined at a Baltimore City Restaurant which serves tapas (name of restaurant will remain anonymous) and they can NOT compare to Ranazul. We usually have Jason as our waiter (without requesting him) and he consistently serves with a smile and pleasant attitude. Lastly, I like the fact that a prix fixe menu is often offered beyond Restaurant Week. As always, thank you to the staff at Ranazul!Special Features:
- Once again Ranazul stepped1234VIPDined on 3/14/2013Once again Ranazul stepped up to the challenge of offering delicious tapas with great wine. The location and venue are perfect, nestled in the center of Howard County's Maple Lawn community. The bar was jumping, full of people around the bar. The restaurant was busy and the service was terrific.Special Features:
- Had a great time! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/11/2013Had a great time! The food was awesome. My friend and I ordered all seafood based tapas and they were all excellent!Special Features:
- We chose the prix price menufoodie123Dined on 3/9/2013We chose the prix price menu rather than the tapas plates. I would give the meal a B- rating. We thought the portions were large and actually a good value for the price of the 4 course meal.Special Features:
- We were really happy withAce123Dined on 3/4/2013We were really happy with the food, service and ambiance!Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant. EnjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013Beautiful restaurant. Enjoyed the meal and service, "Mike." Will come again definitely.Special Features:
- Great Tapas place in the SuburbsOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/23/2013The tapas was great. I was hoping they would have a little bit more of an extensive menu but all the food we tried was delicious. We made a reservation on Open Table but had to wait about 10minutes since they ran out of menus, but that was a minor detail. Our waiter knew the menu well and made excellent recommendations.Special Features:
- I've eaten at Ranazul severalBearDined on 2/22/2013I've eaten at Ranazul several times now and each experience has been great, in both food and service. I especially enjoy their Pre Fixe menus. They have a "standard" Pre Fixe that they offer all the time and then they had a special one for that day. We were able to select 2 items from the appetizer or entree section, as well as substituting an item from the standard Pre Fix menu. Excellent prices for both!Special Features:
- They had a reduced menu thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2013They had a reduced menu that evening, not conducive to making a good first impression.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/16/2013Food is pricey but worth every penny. The restaurant is a great place for really awesome food.Special Features:
- The food is insanely good.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013The food is insanely good. Great attention to detail in both the flavor and presentation. You may look on your plate when it arrives and think to yourself, "That's all I get?", but when finished you will be full and totally satisfied and amazed!Special Features:
- What happened to the food?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2013Whatever changed in the kitchen must be fixed. We had the 4 course $45 menu, which had most of the menu on it.The Aztec soup was our starter, along with a corn chowder, both were the best dishes we had, flavorful and hot. As we moved to dish 2 we had scallops on a potato nest and a coconut shrimp w mango salsa. The scallops were small for the price, and the nest was basically a oil sponge, leaving everything it touched with a oily taste and slippery texture. He shrimp were somehow tasteless, even the mango salsa was bland. For course 3 the filet was tasty, but on a pile of bland heavy potato wrapped in spinach. Peruvian chicken was cafeteria grade, terrible. Even the hot fudge cake was a wierd taste and strange color freezer burn?
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/14/2013Ranazul was nice. We didn't get the full experience of the menu that I had anticipated because the menu condensed for Valentine's Day. The service was good but not great. Our server forgot my husband's order and then it came to us incorrect. We had to ask different wait staff to fill our water glasses and bring us hot tea. I hope it was just the Valentine's Day rush, because I really want to go back and try the extended menu.Special Features:
- We had a lively dinner! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We had a lively dinner! The salads, calimari and mixed grill were exquisite! Great romantic atmosphere, slthough the "big band of the forties music" would have been better if replaced with 70s and 80s music ( we are old but not THAT old)Special Features:
- We have been to Ranuzul manyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2013We have been to Ranuzul many times and are never disappointed by the experience. The food is consistently delicious. The arepas in particular is a favorite; the seafood is always perfectly cooked and the sauce is a subtle, creamy, herb-infused complement to the flavors. This time we tried the crispy duck salad and it was delightful. Our waitress was obviously new this time and that detracted a bit from the experience. She was artificially enthusiastic, somehow thinking that we needed her approval for our choices, and then either irritatingly intrusive or not-to-be-found. The service was also a little on the slow side this time. A guitarist played in the background (Sunday night) but kept it at a workable volume.Special Features:
- what a nice spot that's justhunt4prDined on 2/8/2013what a nice spot that's just around the corner for those living in columbia and laurel, md. the food was excellent, the service was friendly and it was great getting the dc ambiance so close to home in the suburbs! i'll be back.Special Features:
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/5/2013We come here pretty often & are never disappointed. We highly recommend this place for a "hot date" or special occasion. Make sure you try the pork tenderloin and fried green tomato.Special Features: