Rams Head Tavern - Annapolis
33 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rams Head Tavern - Annapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ramsheadtavern.com/annapolis
- Phone: 4102684545x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Sunday: 2:00pm - 2:00am, Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Beer Garden, American
- Executive Chef: Tom Nicklow, CEC
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From 12-250, we can house any event you'd like!
- Private Party Contact: 410-268-4545 4102684545x
- Entertainment: Rams Head On Stage, a National Entertainment Venue is located next door in the Tavern. View concert lineup, visit www.ramsheadonstage.com
- Cross Street: Cathedral Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Park & Shop Program
The Rams Head participates in the Park and Shop program. After dining with us for lunch or dinner, bring you parking stub from one of the participating garages and we will provide you with up to 2 free hours of parking. After 4pm, parking is just $2 and the Gotts Court Garage is just 1/2 block from the Rams Head.
A word from Rams Head Tavern - Annapolis
Since 1989, the Rams Head has served the freshest food possible, preparing each menu item from scratch, daily. Our steaks are aged Black Angus beef and we use fresh (never frozen) chicken, fish and crab. We're proud of quality of our food and our team philosophy- to provide you with the best service possible. We're certain you'll agree that what makes Rams Head unique is our commitment to great food, great beer in a casual environment perfect for an afternoon with friends or a special affair. Our exceptional atmosphere is open 7 days a week, serving appetizers, lunch, dinner and a full bar as well as Sunday brunch. Plus, our entire menu is available for take-out. We hope you enjoy your visit with us and that we exceed your expectations!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Rams Head Tavern - Annapolis - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Rams Head Tavern - Annapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (32)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (19)good for groups (17)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (11)hot spot (9)special occasion (8)late-night find (8)romantic (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Ram's HeadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I wish I could wrap this place up and take it home. Food, ambience, service, music, Ram's Head is the entire package.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014Outdoor patio was very nice and we enjoyed the band but the food was not outstanding. Would be better for drinks and the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our Anniversary great placeSharonDined on 8/26/2014August 19th 2014 was our wedding Anniversary, and I suprised my husband with dinner reservations, and tickets to the Larry Graham and Grand Central Station live show. We enjoyed our dinner, the food was very tasty, our waitress was wonderful she excorted us to theater and we had great seats. We got 10% off our parking. We have recommended The Rams Head dinning and live shows to many many of our friends and associatesSpecial Features:
- Mediocre at best...KPReatsVIPDined on 8/25/2014My wife ordered a drink that was supposed to come with muddled mint. She gets the drink and it has six whole mint leaves in it. So either the bartender doesn't know how to make the drink or is too lazy to make it properly. I decided on the stuffed chicken special for dinner. It was described as being stuffed with a spiced cream cheese ranch sauce. The menu stated it was going to be served with broccoli, so I asked if it also came with a starch and was told no, just the broccoli, so I ordered a side of mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes could have been used for spackling paste. A management presence at Rams Head is non-existent, and complaining isn't going to do any good except maybe to get something taken off of your bill.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dining experience.MaryDined on 8/15/2014We recently dined at the Rams Head Tavern and had a very enjoyable dining experience. The food was good and our waitress was friendly and very attentive. However, my mother-in-law did not find her meal to her liking, so the waitress took the price of the meal off of the bill although we did not ask her to do so. And, the restaurant did not have our open table reservation when we arrived so we were ready to leave and go else where but the hostess came after us to say she would find us a table if we gave her a minute. Well, she came back as promised and we were soon seated. This kind of service does not always happen and it made us feel like our business was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!DinnerandshowDined on 8/9/2014When you're accustomed to having a good meal and everything done correctly, it is hard to mark higher than average. That's the case with the Rams Head - always good and always a "doggie bag". Stuffed ourselves with excellent beer and appetizers, but left little space for the main course. Had them tonight as left overs and still impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently good foodSatisfiedCustomerDined on 8/8/2014A great place to meet friends for lunch. Great service and good food with lots of variety.Special Features:
- TanyaTanyaDined on 8/4/2014Love the Rams Head. I go there twice a year. (We live far away.) Just plain fun. The staff and beer are great and the food is good. Go to a concert and have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great beer choices but better foodKelsoDined on 7/29/2014The food was amazing, the cream of crab soup...was so great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday brunchmrs1492Dined on 7/20/2014we and 2 other couples met for brunch on sunday , prior to going to an afternoon play. 2 of the couples were late, but we were never rushed or hurried. It was early, about 1030. Once we ordered , however, it did seem to take quite a while for the food to arrive, however the food was overall very good.The only entree that was lacking was mine- I had the baked eggs and they were a little over cooked. All in all however.I enjoyed the mealSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014It was excellent and convenient for dinner prior to the Friday night show on the stage. The service was superb and the food was much better than anticipated based on previous experiences a number of years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- moonrakermoonrakerDined on 7/10/2014Had a great dinner before a great show.Tuesday Afternoon.Great band with the great music of the Moody Blues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch 7/6/14KatieDined on 7/6/2014Went with a group of 4 for lunch on a Sunday...we ordered the crab dip which was REALLY good. The rest of the table ordered the fish tacos, biscuits sandwiches, and 2 monte cristos. The fish tacos and biscuit sandwiches were fine, but the monte cristos were disgusting. One of them didn't have preserves. It kind of tasted like two pieces of cold french toast with some meat inside. Usually this sandwich is a knock out at other restaurants, and here, it was very disappointing. Also, it took forever to get our food and it felt like we were constantly bugging the various waitstaff for water/refills.Special Features:
- Sucks at servicesrt8Dined on 7/4/2014We made a reservation thinking it was going to be busy. Place was not busy at all. They were able to take us in 20min before our scheduled reservation. We ordered wings, a burger and a cheesesteak. It took us 45 min to receive our appetizer and another 30 min for our main course. In total we waited 1hr 15 min for food. I would see other couples and families sit down after us and recieve their meals before us. On top of that our waiter that caused us to have a bad experience. I had to ask for refill. Our waiter would pass by and look at our drinks empty and not bother to ask us if we want refills or if our food was ready anytime soon. We would ask if our food was ready. He said he will go ask but wouldn't give us an answer. Bad experience.
- Food on the FourthGoodEatsDined on 7/4/2014Had a great time, and enjoyed the food. The Pacific Rim burger was outstanding.Special Features:
- Rightious Ruben- ahh.DFORCEDined on 7/4/2014Service was great. Ruben was gristly and tough so it was a battle to eat. Floor managers did a great job making sure everything was happening.
- Quick dining before the show!VickiDined on 7/3/2014We told our waitress we were dining before the show and she made it a point to get our food served quickly, gave us instructions on how to validate our parking ticket and even offered to escort us into the concert. We have dined here often the food is good as a reasonable price. Great bar atmosphere and weather permitting the patio is an awesome way to dine.Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014I reserves a table for two. We were seated in the back dining room, by ourselves. We could enjoy the guitarist in the background and still have a normal conversation. Obviously, this was a week night and not Friday or Saturday night.Special Features:
- Unique outdoor/indoor diningadchotinVIPDined on 6/15/2014OK, this is a bar (not really but in spirit). The original of what is now a five or six restaurant chain in Annapolis/Eastern Shore/Baltimore it is close to the heart of downtown Annapolis. Attached to a performance venue where some of the best talent around comes to sing/play, etc., The Ramshead Tavern has surprisingly good food. I don't mean to denigrate it by saying that but you simply don't expect food this good at what is at its heart a bar. We sat in their outdoor garden which is covered with vines and foliage. It is outside without being on the road so very appealing. The food is varied, with starters, main courses, innovative salads and good sandwiches all available. They have one the best burgers in the area. We recommend!Special Features:
- Great Father's Day Brunchgbc918Dined on 6/15/2014We had a great experience at Ram's Head for Father's Day. The food is some of the best for brunch in Annapolis for much better prices than most. The covered back patio is a really beautiful spot, and it's shaded so it's comfortable in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and beverage selectionfeedandentertainmeDined on 6/14/2014We've been here for shows but only eaten dinner here a couple times. The service and the food are always good. I do think the alcoholic beverages are a little pricey, but the selection is pretty good. It is my favorite place to eat in Annapolis and my favorite venue for an intimate concert.Special Features:
- Probably not again for food.JesseCookFanDined on 6/9/2014Shrimp salad sandwiches were on very stale rolls. There were about 3 shrimp (cut up) on each sandwich. The salad had a great flavor but not much of it. It covered about 2/3's of the roll. If they need the profit then I recommend charging more and adding more shrimp salad to fresh, daily purchased rolls. French fries were warm. We believe the order probably sat for a while before it was served. They were not particularly busy.Special Features:
- Intimate Concert VenueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014The venue is perfect, and the food at the attached tavern is very good - good beer, good service, and an overall very good experience!Special Features:
- Great Food!kristytDined on 6/1/2014The food and service were exceptional! Sitting outside was very nice.Special Features:
- Food wasn't great.T21701Dined on 5/25/2014Onion rings only slightly warm, French fries downright cold. Medium rare hamburger uncooked. Asparagus dried out (I guess they were supposed to be roasted). Out of 7 people, nobody raved about their lunch, although I thought the Chesapeake Chicken was very good. I couldn't actually taste crab in the topping, but it tasted good. The 7 layer Greek dip is described without Feta on the menu but came with Feta (not good for vegan). The waiter replaced it immediately. All in all, the service was excellent. Great beer list.Special Features:
- The following 1064 reviews are from the Rams Head Tavern - Annapolis reviews archive.
- Dining @ Rams Head TavernBeeBopDined on 5/14/2014The Tavern was a nice place to have a casual dinner before the show. The service was great and the food was good. We were seated in a small room with about six seating areas. We would go back.Special Features:
- nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014nice atmosphere nice atmosphere nice atmosphere nice atmosphere nice atmosphere nice atmosphere nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceDiner94Dined on 5/11/2014Bad Mother's Day brunch. Requested outdoor seating with reservation. Told us the couldn't accommodate but there were open tables visible outside within 5 minutes of being seated. Food delivered to table exactly 1 hour after arrival. Egg dish was so over cooked that it was hard. Bacon served with another dish was so fatty that no one wanted to eat it. Food was warm at best. Coffee had grinds in the bottom... A lot of grinds. Have had great great Mother's Day brunches in the past here but we won't be returning.
- Mother's Day BrunchKmarsh1Dined on 5/11/2014GREAT choice! The staff was really attentive and the food was excellant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday brunchmrs1492Dined on 5/4/2014we have gone t the ramshead a number of times, but this was our first brunch there. it will not be the last! The menu was super and the jazz music was a great accompaniment. We took out of town friends who were most impressed.Special Features:
- Dissapointed at brunchVisitorfromPADined on 5/4/2014We has a reservation and went to the Rams Head specifically for the "jazz brunch" but when we arrived, we were told the band was out on the patio and there were no tables available out there. We sat at a booth indoors next to a very loud group and could not hear the music at all. So much for our visions of a relaxing brunch enjoying jazz music - we ended up with a very ordinary breakfast experience.
- D-lishCDocDined on 5/3/2014Great food and terrific service. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love your restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/1/2014The food could definitely improve, but the location, outdoor patio, live music, and beers are great!!!Special Features:
- Good music, great crab cakesFrequentTravelerDined on 4/26/2014Food was great, music outside on the patio was an added treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014the service was not so good, my plate was taken away before I was finished and they don't honor homebrewer's card for discount but did two years ago.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConcertbarmanDined on 4/9/2014A great place to have dinner, drinks and see a concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening out7footMooseDined on 4/8/2014We were looking for something a little different for a weeknight.vWe found a performer playing at the Ram's Head and booked acouple of tickets. Then we were offered the Performance Package which included dinner and a parking discosunt along with piority seating and we bit on the offer. The service and foor were just what a Tuesday evening pre-performance meal demanded and the show was fantastic. We have been to the Ram's Head before but not taken them up on this offer. We "will" do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Pre-Show MealsafetylawyerVIPDined on 4/6/2014We had tickets to the show at Ram's Head on Stage and decided to eat in the attached restaurant (since food inside the show is so-so). I have had better dinners here before, but we were in a hurry and went with what was quick. Their battered onion rings are always great and were the high point. I had a cheesesteak sandwich, which came on a large sourdough roll too large to bite into, so ended up just eating the filling (which was strips of grilled steak, not a typical steam-um type, plus cheese, onions and peppers). Fries were OK. My husband had fish and chips and enjoyed them ... they are nicely fried, not greasy, and a good sized portion. No time for dessert. On other visits, I've liked their cream of crab soup but wasn't in the mood.Special Features:
- Bar FoodJJMDVIPDined on 4/5/2014Rams Head Tavern is great if you're seeing a show at Rams Head Live. It's convenient and the food is basically good. Nothing amazing or highly memorable, but you could do worse and go to a chain restaurant. I had the Shepherd's Pie, which was just fine. My companions had the crab cakes and chicken fingers. If you're doing a show, this is a great place to go as you do get a discount on your meal.Special Features:
- Annapolis GemBevmdDined on 4/3/2014I love going to the Ram's Head. Food is great, service is good, pricing is fair and it is always full of young professionals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.