Ram's Head Inn
9 West White Horse Pike
Galloway, NJ 08205Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ram's Head Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ramsheadinn.com/
- Phone: 6096521700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Custom tailored menus available according to guests needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Ram's Head Inn can accommodate elegant private parties from 10 to 250 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Mary McGill 6096521700
- Entertainment: Live music in the courtyard on Wednesdays, as well as a pianist in the bar on Fridays and Saturdays.
A word from Ram's Head Inn
Ram's Head Inn is a beautiful restaurant set on five country acres with sprawling gardens and flower lined fences. Located just eight miles from bustling Atlantic City, it provides a respite for the senses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ram's Head Inn - Best Restaurants in Galloway ›
Ram's Head Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (54)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (25)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice timesuesuesayshiDined on 8/19/2014Jordan ,our waiter,was exceptional.Food was good and garden room was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Excellent food and service. Always take friends there when they come to visit my summer home in NJSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- samsungDined on 8/16/2014Rams Head seating was immediate even though we were 25 minutes early. Service was great and the wine list as well as special cocktails was very good. salad we chose was also good and there was no problem splitting it up on two plates when served. My filet mignon was very tender and my wife's trout was great. We don't come to Rams Head very often as it is about a 45 minute drive and the meals are a bit pricey but then most restaurants of this quality are. For a nice quiet relaxing meal and great food this is a good choice.Special Features:
- Class actOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Good food, atmosphere and service. Always consistent. Very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional experienceXavierVIPDined on 8/6/2014Whoever we visit the NJ shore area a visit to the Rams Head Inn is tradition. We always have a great meal and thoroughly enjoy our server. We will return.Special Features:
- The best place you will eat at.michaelcruger54Dined on 8/5/2014I did the prefix for $29.99. It will beat your expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodarooDined on 7/31/2014Typical Rams Head dinner. Very good food but not fabulous. Beet salad was good but with very few beets. Lettuce wedge was excellent. Not even close to Steve and Cookies. Salmon was slightly dry, but still good. $60.00 for 4 martinis, a bit much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time and again, the best!XavierVIPDined on 7/30/2014This is a must try and return again and again. We don't agree with some of the other comments. We love having a drink in the bar first and then into one of the several dining areas available. During the summer they have a charming courtyard with music. Fun summer outing. Last visit several of us had the veal chop which was priced right and outstanding. We are returning soon! Already have the reservation!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experiencegoodeatsDined on 7/30/2014This was our first time at the Ram's Head Inn and definitely not our last. The food was excellent and the serve was great. Everyone was friendly and I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. It was my husband's birthday and he was looking forward to having the Beef Wellington which he had seen on Hell's Kitchen a million times. He was very satisfied . The meat was cooked just right and the pastry shell was delicious. I had the duck breast with wild rice which was also very good. I look forward to our next meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014We enjoyed our dinner and the service very much!! We will be back & Thank You! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dining Experience!FoodLover47Dined on 7/26/2014We live 2 hours away from this restaurant but it is always well worth the drive. The attention to detail, impeccable service, and consistently fabulous food can't be beat. No matter what you choose to order the food is prepared exactly as you want it. Recommendations: Beef Wellington and the Chateaubriand. Enticing dessert tray options are very hard to pass up. The restaurant atmosphere is quiet and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Birthday LunchDebbieDined on 7/22/2014It was one of my friend's birthday so we decided to celebrate at Rams Head. The food was very good and the service was very good also. The servers were very attentive and continually asked if we needed anything else and kept refilling our water glasses. It was a very enjoyable afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MpvcDined on 7/22/2014We had not dined there in many years. Our overall experience was very pleasant. Everyone was pleased with their meal (there were 5 of us), except the veal scalopine was certainly not prepared as it truly is prepared......it was battered and did not contain the usual ingredients of the Italian dish. The Birthday cake we ordered for the occasion was especially good.Special Features:
- Classic Fine DiningMarlenieGSVIPDined on 7/19/2014Elegant decor, white linen and relaxed dining - perfect for special occasion; very very good food and many nice chances; wonderful cocktails - cucumber gimlet and rye based manhattan perfectly mixed; great crabmeat cocktail to share; rack of lamb and bone-in veal chop cooked just the way we like it - medium rare and not over done - perfect...Suggest this restaurant for those staying at the Jersey shore - Saturday night in most places in AC, Ventnor, Margate are noisy, crowded, tough to get a table - no where to park - cannot hear yourself or anyone speaking; we prefer to come to Ram's Head for a perfect meal, not noisy, valet parking... just right. Several dining rooms so you can usually get a table!Special Features:
- Delicious!!gingerDined on 7/10/2014Have not been here in quite awhile, but will be coming back! The food was excellent, as was the service.Special Features:
- Never a disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014Service has always been wonderful. Staff are always friendly and attentive. Food is always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant/barnozz14Dined on 7/6/2014I take my wife here every year for her birthday. We love the place. We miss the piano man (at least he wasn't there Sunday night). The food is excellent, especially the crab brulee, the salads and the salmon. The bar tender made the best drinks - no skimping there. We are in the habit of asking for scotch or bourbon on the rocks because a lot of places water down the drinks. But these were filled to the brim. One complaint - I gave cash to the bar tender to cover the two drinks and expected about $5 in change which I intended to leave as a tip. She never brought me change or asked if I wanted change. I didn't say anything because it would have been hers anyway, and I didn't wish to make a scene in front of my wife.Special Features:
- Talk About Old SchoolTalkagentVIPDined on 7/5/2014Until recently it was required for gentlemen. Not any longer (dress nice). Great, classic bar with piano player. Main hall and at least two dining rooms that I saw. There is also a banquet facility which we did not see but noticed it was in use. Beautiful place, A bit formal but just shy of stuffy. Wait staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Unfortunately no wild caught fish and I don't eat farm raised. Had a wonderful organic chicken and my wife, the rack of lamb. Nothing terribly inventive (like I said, old school), but all of it perfectly prepared and large portions. Steak for two, which saw in a few places around the room, certainly seemed like a good value though expect the preparation to add at least 20-30 minutes to your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceKhoseamVIPDined on 7/2/2014Food and service were outstanding. Table side Ceasar Salad was very good. Steaks were excellent.Special Features:
- Rams HeadGeorgeDined on 6/29/2014The restaurant was very nice, a little too expensive for every week, but GREAT for that romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The food was absolutely scrumptious! Well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014It's not a place I go often usually special occasions, but I always look forward to them. It is slightly more than I am used to spending for dinner but once you start eating you don't mind spending a few extra bucks, it's worry every penny. I've never had a bad meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rams HeadGustaveDined on 6/20/2014I try to get to the Rams Head every year. Usually we take another couple to introduce them to dining as it should be. This year was no exception. The service was exceptional as usual. Our guests raved over the Caesar Salad(made at the table and by a true artist of the craft) and the salmon. This restaurant never fails to live up to expectations. Our friends said they have been converted to this fine dining experience and they plan on bringing their friend for the experience. Truly a fine restaurant. Wonderful food, superb staff. Truly 5 stars.Special Features:
- Ask for price fixed menuGigiDined on 6/13/2014Price fixe is a real bargain for $29. 3 courses - appetizer, entree, and dessert from their delicious dessert cart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/31/2014The best table side Caesar salad ever! Sorry the restaurant relaxed their dress code. It will result in a gorgeous, classy restaurant having sloppy, badly dressed diners. Would also be nice if we got open table points for dining there.Special Features:
- Very Attentive4forfunniteDined on 5/30/2014Atmosphere is quaint. Reminded me of an old German restaurant that we frequent often. First we ordered the Chateaubriand, but they ran out of it. It is one of their popular dishes. So, I went for the swordfish and my husband went for the filet. His steak was excellent. When the swordfish first came out it was a not cooked (at least for my taste). They quickly took it back to the kitchen. The second time around, it was perfect. The crab appetizer was also yummy!Special Features:
- good but slowshaqDined on 5/30/2014Food good but service a bit slow. Friendly staff. had hard time locating on gps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDined on 5/25/2014Food was very good and service was great. The bar is always a outstanding part of part of our visit. The atmosphere is a great and employees are very freindly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shoregirlVIPDined on 5/22/2014We loved everything ...the food was wonderful and the service was great! It is a lovely restaurant and especially nice to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Spending a weekend in ACLetseatVIPDined on 5/16/2014My husband and I were spending a weekend down south jersey at the marriott villas in absecon. On sat and Sunday we had reservations in AC so on Friday we decided to try the Rams Head Inn. We r glad we did. Food was great and entertainment in the bar was excellent. I definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.....alphahotelDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day evening, not but, waited 1 full hour for 3rd course. Out of prime rib, 3 lobsters w/one over-cooked, one-undercooked, one just right. Had cocktails but had to personally request another halfway through the meal. Main course was served and waited another 10 minutes to get silverware, again after me having to ask for it. All other food was well prepared and delicious but, extremely overpriced for the service. I always tip 20-25% of the total bill, but was pretty upset that the restaurant had the audacity to automatically add a 20% tip to the bill for a table of three. Not my first time at Ram's Head Inn so would love to write this experience off as an "oddball" occurrence but, the non-attentive service ruined the evening.Special Features:
- High Expectations - Not Really MetRams14Dined on 5/11/2014We have been to the Ram's Head occasionally and always had a special meal. That is why we chose it for Mother's Day. So it was a shame it didn't work out that way on my mom's special day. My meal was fine, but my mother and my spouse sent back their prime rib, which was tough and improperly cooked. The server graciously brought them each a different meal and the hostess apologized. But that is beside the point. Everything in a restaurant of this caliber - where we spent well over $200 for a meal for three people, without alcohol or wine - should be top notch. Also, the wait staff seemed very young and untrained. Would hope that someone can step in and get things in order both in the kitchen and in the front of the house.Special Features:
- not handicap accessibleistherechocolateDined on 5/10/2014I took my elderly mother for a special dinner. Mom uses a walker; unfortunately there are steps leading into the dining area. The handicap accessible entrance requires cutting through the banquet room and any event going on-in our case it was a wedding Very awkward. The hostess was very kind and escorted us through the event when we could not even figure out how to cut through, but still was upsetting. Something to keep in mind if going there.Special Features:
- Another wonderful anniversary meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2014My husband and I found Ram's Head last year when looking for beef Wellington. We had a great time and the food is always spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellentJillDined on 5/1/2014I have been at Rams Head numerous times and have never been disappointed. The restaurant is consistently wonderful.Special Features:
- Foodwinelover8Dined on 5/1/2014outstanding service like it always is. This time though we stopped on our way to AC for lunch it was our 43rd wedding anniversary. Only complaint was main course was served room temp. not even warm. This was taken care of by the staff immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 769 reviews are from the Ram's Head Inn reviews archive.
- Terrific!NjnetsfanVIPDined on 4/22/2014Excellent! Been to top rated restaurants in NY, London, Paris, Rome, San Francisco, etc. this establishment ranks right up there!! Terrific Service, Food, Ambiance, and wine service. A Pure Gem!! Cannot wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOP NOTCHluvmyfoodDined on 4/15/2014I love coming to this place as the food is always first class and the service is impeccable,the ambience is a treat never too loud and in the winter I love the open fireplace,the wine list is good and not too expensive and you are always made to feel at home,This is by far the Best Restaurant locally,I would not go to another one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and deliciousBarbaraDined on 4/13/2014Everything we expected and more! Delicious food, beautiful rooms and knowledgable servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2014My wife and I enjoyed the ambience and the delicious food. Our service was topnotch. We plan a return to the Inn in May.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.