Ram's Head Inn
9 West White Horse Pike
Galloway, NJ 08205Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ram's Head Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ramsheadinn.com/
- Phone: 6096521700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Custom tailored menus available according to guests needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Ram's Head Inn can accommodate elegant private parties from 10 to 250 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Mary McGill 6096521700
- Entertainment: Live music in the courtyard on Wednesdays, as well as a pianist in the bar on Fridays and Saturdays.
A word from Ram's Head Inn
Ram's Head Inn is a beautiful restaurant set on five country acres with sprawling gardens and flower lined fences. Located just eight miles from bustling Atlantic City, it provides a respite for the senses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ram's Head Inn - Best Restaurants in Galloway ›
Ram's Head Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (75)romantic (57)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (27)notable wine list (24)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (13)scenic view (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Superfantastic!!out2dineDined on 9/25/2014Jordan and Lynn ( DreamTeam ) were excellent, they added that special touch making us feel like a King and Queen. They took special care of my wife on her 55th birthday...Special Features:
- drsrDined on 9/20/2014We have been at the Rams Head numerous amount of times. They always continue to serve the most delicious food and deserts. The servers are professional, friendly and very helpful with menu selections.Special Features:
- Rams Head U get what you pay for.TheBigGuyDined on 9/17/2014Read about this place in trip advisor. It's everything the reviews said. This is classic restaurant with excellent food and service. The atmosphere is great if you like a nice quiet leisurely dinner. The old saying you get what you pay for really rings true here. The food and service were excellent. My wife and I both had the butternut squash soup which was great. I also had a baby spinach salad which was great. I had the twin lobster tails and my wife had the pot pie which is one of their specialties. I tried a little of that and it was very good. No valet parking was available that night. Their parking lot is very dark. I would highly recommend Rams Head.Special Features:
- Wonderful!artfulDined on 9/16/2014We had not eaten at this restaurant for years, but it was as good as we had remembered. The Ram's Head resembles an elegant New England country inn. On a Tuesday night it was very quiet. Each of the four at our table chose the prie fixe dinner. Each course was delicious. I had the house salad with walnuts, endives, and a light dressing. This was followed by excellent stuffed shrimp. I ended with a warm peach cobbler served with ice cream. Others in our foursome chose fish or crab cakes or steak and each person enjoyed his or her meal. The popovers were superb. Service was excellent and unobtrusive. All in all, a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- great findsilverfox1942Dined on 9/12/2014we have lived in area for at least 12 years hand have never been here. what a find, we loved it.love the pre fixed dinners,they were terrific.food was wonderful.would not come another time,too expensive. glad my husband found pre fixed dinners.they are perfect.everyone very friendly.would recommend it highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Atlantic City ambiance!c3stampingDined on 9/10/2014A perfect spot for something truly special when visiting Atlantic City. Away from the hustle of the casino scene, a romantic getaway with perfect menu and even more remarkable waitstaff. AND........THEY SERVE POPOVERS!Special Features:
- eatinstyleDined on 9/9/2014Very enjoyable evening. Service was excellent as was the meal. Found the menu a bit restricted but all the entrees looked interesting. Dining area was understated and comfortable as was the noise level. Have only positive thoughts about the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerventnor25VIPDined on 9/6/2014Had always wanted to come here. It was well worth the wait. Everything about the dinner - the food, the service, the ambiance - was superb!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014My husband brought me here to celebrate my 35th birthday. The food was very good and we had two waiters, so the service was great. It was a very nice dinner and night out.Special Features:
- 50th Anniversary DinnerEGJBDined on 8/29/2014Had a wonderful dinner with eight people. We were given a private room with excellent service and delicious food. Our guests said the menu had a very interesting variety of food selections. We ordered flowers for the table through Ram's Head and were delighted with the beautiful arrangement provided. It was a perfect and unforgettable evening.Special Features:
- Lovely experiencejwjwVIPDined on 8/28/2014We recently dined at Ram's Head Inn to celebrate a special occasion. It was the perfect choice! The food was delicious, the service was attentive, and the setting was absolutely lovely. We will definitely return to try some of the other wonderful offerings on the menu.Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayEgidioDined on 8/26/2014Took my fine lady for her birthday. She had never been to Rams Head. Our experience was outstandind from appetizers to desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Food was good but I thought the steamed vegetables were a bit bland. Presentation, service and ambient was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-fixe menu...butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014you MUST ask for it. App, Meal, & Dessert for $29.95.Special Features:
- Dining at the Rams HeadReggieDined on 8/20/2014Food was very good. Service was with a smile and very welcoming. We observed everyone around us receive sorbet for the pallet. We did not receive sorbet. I was not offered pepper for my soup. There was bread and butter on tables in our vicinity but not on ours. We were not offered bread and butter. With the reputation you have as an eatery we should not have to ask for these items.Special Features:
- Nice timesuesuesayshiDined on 8/19/2014Jordan ,our waiter,was exceptional.Food was good and garden room was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedDrATDined on 8/17/2014Excellent food and service. Always take friends there when they come to visit my summer home in NJSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- samsungDined on 8/16/2014Rams Head seating was immediate even though we were 25 minutes early. Service was great and the wine list as well as special cocktails was very good. salad we chose was also good and there was no problem splitting it up on two plates when served. My filet mignon was very tender and my wife's trout was great. We don't come to Rams Head very often as it is about a 45 minute drive and the meals are a bit pricey but then most restaurants of this quality are. For a nice quiet relaxing meal and great food this is a good choice.Special Features:
- Class actOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Good food, atmosphere and service. Always consistent. Very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional experienceXavierVIPDined on 8/6/2014Whoever we visit the NJ shore area a visit to the Rams Head Inn is tradition. We always have a great meal and thoroughly enjoy our server. We will return.Special Features:
- The best place you will eat at.michaelcruger54Dined on 8/5/2014I did the prefix for $29.99. It will beat your expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodarooDined on 7/31/2014Typical Rams Head dinner. Very good food but not fabulous. Beet salad was good but with very few beets. Lettuce wedge was excellent. Not even close to Steve and Cookies. Salmon was slightly dry, but still good. $60.00 for 4 martinis, a bit much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time and again, the best!XavierVIPDined on 7/30/2014This is a must try and return again and again. We don't agree with some of the other comments. We love having a drink in the bar first and then into one of the several dining areas available. During the summer they have a charming courtyard with music. Fun summer outing. Last visit several of us had the veal chop which was priced right and outstanding. We are returning soon! Already have the reservation!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experiencegoodeatsDined on 7/30/2014This was our first time at the Ram's Head Inn and definitely not our last. The food was excellent and the serve was great. Everyone was friendly and I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. It was my husband's birthday and he was looking forward to having the Beef Wellington which he had seen on Hell's Kitchen a million times. He was very satisfied . The meat was cooked just right and the pastry shell was delicious. I had the duck breast with wild rice which was also very good. I look forward to our next meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014We enjoyed our dinner and the service very much!! We will be back & Thank You! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dining Experience!FoodLover47Dined on 7/26/2014We live 2 hours away from this restaurant but it is always well worth the drive. The attention to detail, impeccable service, and consistently fabulous food can't be beat. No matter what you choose to order the food is prepared exactly as you want it. Recommendations: Beef Wellington and the Chateaubriand. Enticing dessert tray options are very hard to pass up. The restaurant atmosphere is quiet and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Birthday LunchDebbieDined on 7/22/2014It was one of my friend's birthday so we decided to celebrate at Rams Head. The food was very good and the service was very good also. The servers were very attentive and continually asked if we needed anything else and kept refilling our water glasses. It was a very enjoyable afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MpvcDined on 7/22/2014We had not dined there in many years. Our overall experience was very pleasant. Everyone was pleased with their meal (there were 5 of us), except the veal scalopine was certainly not prepared as it truly is prepared......it was battered and did not contain the usual ingredients of the Italian dish. The Birthday cake we ordered for the occasion was especially good.Special Features:
- Classic Fine DiningMarlenieGSVIPDined on 7/19/2014Elegant decor, white linen and relaxed dining - perfect for special occasion; very very good food and many nice chances; wonderful cocktails - cucumber gimlet and rye based manhattan perfectly mixed; great crabmeat cocktail to share; rack of lamb and bone-in veal chop cooked just the way we like it - medium rare and not over done - perfect...Suggest this restaurant for those staying at the Jersey shore - Saturday night in most places in AC, Ventnor, Margate are noisy, crowded, tough to get a table - no where to park - cannot hear yourself or anyone speaking; we prefer to come to Ram's Head for a perfect meal, not noisy, valet parking... just right. Several dining rooms so you can usually get a table!Special Features:
- Delicious!!gingerDined on 7/10/2014Have not been here in quite awhile, but will be coming back! The food was excellent, as was the service.Special Features:
- Never a disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014Service has always been wonderful. Staff are always friendly and attentive. Food is always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant/barnozz14Dined on 7/6/2014I take my wife here every year for her birthday. We love the place. We miss the piano man (at least he wasn't there Sunday night). The food is excellent, especially the crab brulee, the salads and the salmon. The bar tender made the best drinks - no skimping there. We are in the habit of asking for scotch or bourbon on the rocks because a lot of places water down the drinks. But these were filled to the brim. One complaint - I gave cash to the bar tender to cover the two drinks and expected about $5 in change which I intended to leave as a tip. She never brought me change or asked if I wanted change. I didn't say anything because it would have been hers anyway, and I didn't wish to make a scene in front of my wife.Special Features:
- Talk About Old SchoolTalkagentVIPDined on 7/5/2014Until recently it was required for gentlemen. Not any longer (dress nice). Great, classic bar with piano player. Main hall and at least two dining rooms that I saw. There is also a banquet facility which we did not see but noticed it was in use. Beautiful place, A bit formal but just shy of stuffy. Wait staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Unfortunately no wild caught fish and I don't eat farm raised. Had a wonderful organic chicken and my wife, the rack of lamb. Nothing terribly inventive (like I said, old school), but all of it perfectly prepared and large portions. Steak for two, which saw in a few places around the room, certainly seemed like a good value though expect the preparation to add at least 20-30 minutes to your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceKhoseamVIPDined on 7/2/2014Food and service were outstanding. Table side Ceasar Salad was very good. Steaks were excellent.Special Features:
- Rams HeadGeorgeDined on 6/29/2014The restaurant was very nice, a little too expensive for every week, but GREAT for that romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The food was absolutely scrumptious! Well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014It's not a place I go often usually special occasions, but I always look forward to them. It is slightly more than I am used to spending for dinner but once you start eating you don't mind spending a few extra bucks, it's worry every penny. I've never had a bad meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rams HeadGustaveDined on 6/20/2014I try to get to the Rams Head every year. Usually we take another couple to introduce them to dining as it should be. This year was no exception. The service was exceptional as usual. Our guests raved over the Caesar Salad(made at the table and by a true artist of the craft) and the salmon. This restaurant never fails to live up to expectations. Our friends said they have been converted to this fine dining experience and they plan on bringing their friend for the experience. Truly a fine restaurant. Wonderful food, superb staff. Truly 5 stars.Special Features:
- Ask for price fixed menuGigiDined on 6/13/2014Price fixe is a real bargain for $29. 3 courses - appetizer, entree, and dessert from their delicious dessert cart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 781 reviews are from the Ram's Head Inn reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/31/2014The best table side Caesar salad ever! Sorry the restaurant relaxed their dress code. It will result in a gorgeous, classy restaurant having sloppy, badly dressed diners. Would also be nice if we got open table points for dining there.Special Features: