Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Wheeling
700 N Milwaukee Ave
Wheeling, IL 60090Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Wheeling
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theram.com/
- Phone: 8475201222
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday & Monday: 11:00am - 11:00pm Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 1:00am Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Chef Juan Acevado
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ram offers many catering options for any type of event. Please call for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Ram offers multiple private and semi-private event options to accommodate your dining needs. We also have many multimedia options, in house, for business meetings or presentations. Any of our rooms can be modified to fit your party's needs.
- Private Party Contact: Roger Sugrue 8475201222
- Entertainment: Monday: $3.99 Pints of Big Horn Beer Tuesday: $2.99 Pints of Big Horn Beer & $3.99 Mugs of Big Horn Beer Wednesday: $4.99 Margaritas & Sangrias, Thursday: $5.99 Ram Specialty Martinis Friday: $5.99 1/2 Gallon Growler fills Saturday:$5.99 1/2 Gallon Growler fills Sunday: $3.99 Mugs of Big Horn Beer Everyday: $2.99 Drink Special and 20 Wines available for $20 a bottle
A word from Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Wheeling
The Ram Restaurant & Brewery is the place for fun! Whether the occasion is meeting co-workers for freshly brewed beer after work, a cozy family dinner, or meeting friends for the big game; The Ram will make your event a memorable one! The smartly decorated interior houses a casual, though… sophisticated environment; & there are no dress code requirements.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Wheeling - Best Restaurants in Wheeling ›
Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Wheeling reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (39)great for lunch (26)kid-friendly (21)neighborhood gem (19)vibrant bar scene (19)fit for foodies (8)late-night find (7)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (2)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nice place to meet friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014Convenient location to meet friends for good micro-brews. Outdoor eating has little ambiance and comfort, and the two meeting rooms let in too much noise from the dining room/bar to make it possible to hold a meeting. These areas are better suited to groups for private mingling... The RAM used to have great tasting quality food to complement their beer, but the menu has dropped excellent favorites and the food quality has diminished significantly to mediocre since 2012. Soups and salads are very good and the desserts are excellent. Missed favorites include the fajita's, which were the best compared to other restaurants, and higher quality steaks and burger meats. While the fish & chips is still good, the RAM used to have an excellent Cod.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistant and goodjongDined on 10/15/2014RAM continues to be a good place to go for a better than average sandwich. The staff is always attentive and are flexible in constructing food modifications you may want to make.Special Features:
- social1VIPDined on 10/10/2014We are regulars at The Ram..always good food, good service, plenty of parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- social1VIPDined on 9/28/2014Dependable food, service, parking. We're regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's our waiter?KappyDined on 9/27/2014Random thoughts. It was a good 7-10 minute wait for our first server's visit. After my first beer was gone, I was finally able to make eye contact with my server who was chatting with his coworkers near the kitchen. I gave him the empty bottle shake, and he brought me another one. Food was delivered by someone other than our server. Once our server came by to check on us we were able to request silverware. They delivered the check on request, but then took a good 5-7 minutes to come back for my credit card. Just didn't seem like our server was very attentive to our needs. The tip reflected that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceEatingwithkidsDined on 9/26/2014The Ram is great with accommodating food allergies and the staff is always friendly. The food is consistently good, but the kitchen is extremely slow getting the food out. If you are dining with kids, it makes for a long night.Special Features:
- Good place to meet for Dinner.DonWDined on 9/23/2014It was recommended that we meet our son and his family to celebrate my wife's birthday at Ram. We made reservation thru Open Table and we were set. The reception we received was pleasant all most like they were waiting for us! The food selections met everyone's taste and diet restrictions. Service was just right, timely with out being crowded! Over all ratting is an A+. We will see you soon. Don and Donna W Elmhurst.IllSpecial Features:
- goodmealsVIPDined on 9/20/2014We were a party of seven. We were put at a round table, which was wonderful. However, it was in a booth which made for a little cramped quarters. We survived - but it would have been more comfortable if it were not in a booth. We had a lot of changes to the food and it was all handled beautifully. We all got exactly what we wanted except one person. And when the error was pointed it, it was very quickly corrected. The waitor was attentive without being overbearing and he had a great sense of humor. The entire group gave a thumbs up to Ram. We will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- social1VIPDined on 9/2/2014We are regulars...it's always good food, dependable service, plenty of parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good servicewonderfulDined on 8/31/2014Service has always been good. You have the best quesidillas around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKyumyum2VIPDined on 8/29/2014The service was better than expected. They must have paid attention to all the negative reviews on Open Table. It was noisier than we would prefer but not so loud that we couldn't have a conversation. After all it is a bar scene. I would think they could have better acoustics on the dining side to make it a bit quieter. The food was OK. I was looking forward to a great hamburger. They were very creative with the toppings, but the burger itself was mediocre. The chairs, etc. could use some attention. They were worn out and need an update. I felt like I was sitting in a hole, too low down for the table.Special Features:
- I am high maintenancegarywVIPDined on 8/26/2014after reading other reviews I was a bit nervous but I think other people just like to complain. The service was very good as was all the food. Absolutely worth visiting often.Special Features:
- Friendly though absent serviceFreddieDined on 8/22/2014Had a 6:30pm reservation on a Friday night. Were seated right away but did not receive any acknowledgement from the wait staff (no hello, water, anything) for just under 20 minutes. Service was spotty thereafter. The staff was very friendly when they were around and ultimately gave us a free dessert (I'm not sure why). As my prior visit to another location was lackluster, my expectations were very low. However, the burger I had, a seasonal special The Big Porter Blue Burger, was absolutely delicious. For that, I'll go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- social1VIPDined on 8/21/2014We're regulars as we are always satisfied with the service, food, location, parking.Special Features:
- BrewPub and MoreMisterLocalDined on 8/16/2014Good food, great beer. I have dined here before but they strive to change the menu to offer new choices and old favorites. Never had a bad meal here. The service is terrific with the right amount of attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food and beer, good service.BeerBellyDined on 8/15/2014Met a coworker and his girlfriend, and so the 4 of us sat at the table for a very long time, from 8 to 12:30. Never once felt like we were being pushed to leave and waitress continued to fill drinks and water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food and serviceStuartVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great for business lunch. Big booths. Solid service. Large menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick Service, Good FoodMisterBeestieVIPDined on 8/5/2014If you need a fast, above average lunch, RAM is great for roving business folks. We were in and out in less than an hour.Special Features:
- social1VIPDined on 8/5/2014We're regulars and always find the food, service and parking just right for us.Special Features:
- Rammin SpeedRemyVIPDined on 8/4/2014It's all good in the hood....a very nice lunch was had by all....Fairly good value, as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun fun funsusanVIPDined on 7/31/2014i had a beer tour and tasting for 10 ladies plus munchies.. wonderful evening, wonderful service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timedukeDined on 7/31/2014Good food and lots of space for a group of friends to get together and talk old timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- social1VIPDined on 7/17/2014We are regulars and are always satisfied with food, service, parking, convenient location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- social1VIPDined on 7/15/2014We are regulars...good food, good service, good parking, convenient location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was beyond horrendoustexsunstarDined on 7/5/2014at 11:45 AM on a Saturday the restaurant was empty. We sat outside. We waited 15 minutes for two iced teas and one water and waited over 30 minutes for food. had to go in twice to ask 1) where our food was and 2) where our waitress was since she never bothered to ask how things were and we wanted to leave. will not go back anytime soon and we go there about once/month. with so many restaurants in the area, why go somewhere where the service is this bad. management really needs to look into this to see why a situation like this would happen when the restaurant was empty.
- The following 290 reviews are from the Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Wheeling reviews archive.
- Awesome ServiceWillComeBackDined on 6/18/2014We recently had a group event where we had 16 people. They had our table, but then more people showed up who had not RSVP'd to our event. Instead of turning them away or trying to squeeze them in at the corners of our table, Ram's staff relocated us to one of their private rooms so we could sit more comfortably. They were fast and courteous. Then when serving us, they were prompt, refilled our orders without us asking and were always available to help out (and all this happened while they had a special event with a pro-athlete in the bar area)! Food is great, menu is extensive and service is wonderful!Special Features:
- YumjlstrDined on 6/15/2014We have been here a few times and have always had a good experience. There is a lot of seating and it is occasionally crowded but table open up quickly. We always eat more than we expect to, but it's good food and they have a great kids menu for our one-year-old.Special Features:
- Good Food & Drink - if you can waitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014We were promptly seated, greeted by our waitress, and brought our drinks. After ordering our appetizer, our waitress disappeared. It took ~25 minutes to get beer cheese dip, brought out by an apologetic food runner, and still hadn't gotten to order dinner. After finishing the dip, the waitress came back to take our order, food which took another ~45 minutes to get, again brought by a flustered member of the kitchen staff. The orders weren't perfect, but not bad enough to warrant sending back-we were hungry! We had scavenge for ketchup, taking one off of an empty table, as our waitress waited until we were halfway finished eating to check on us. Maybe this was an off-night, but we will be patrons of RAM Schaumburg for the foreseeable future.Special Features:
- Surprising quality of dishes servedSkivvywavrDined on 6/15/2014The RAM restaurant and brewery was a very pleasant surprise for my whole family. We celebrated Father's day there with a dinner for 5 adults. The online OpenTable reservation system was easy. Upon entering, I could see that it was designed like a sports bar. None of us in the family expected the varied menu offered nor the quality of dishes served. Everyone raved about their dishes. From the fish tacos, to my chicken penne, to my mother's baby back ribs, every dish was original and delicious. I would definitely recommend the RAM for the food. Oh, and my husband loves the beer they serve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day dinnerJok123Dined on 6/15/2014We went to the Ram in Wheeling for Father's Day with a rather large group, and everyone from the hostess to the servers was wonderfully friendly and helpful. We have young children who were served well, and most impressively the food was excellent! We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Good food over pricedAMP2014Dined on 6/15/2014The service and food was good with a lot of variety but is a bit on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- social1VIPDined on 6/12/2014We are regulars at this restaurant. It's always good food, good service, plenty of parking, conveniently located for us.Special Features:
- always goodBobbieDined on 6/4/2014The food is always good, lots of choices and varied menu.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our visitRobinbeeDined on 6/1/2014We had never been to the RAM before, but my daughter investigated the menu and chose the restaurant for her graduation dinner. We brought a big party and were not disappointed. The menu was varied and had something for everyone, even my 8 year old nephew. The service was friendly and attentive and everyone had a smile. They even gave my daughter dessert on the house to say congratulations. We'd definitely go back againSpecial Features:
- Almost PerfectAgiXDined on 6/1/2014The food was great, all 10 of us got something different and all of us liked and enjoyed what we had. Notorious PIG (pulled pork), steak and fish was a highlight. Even my picky stepmother loved her fish! 👍 Beer selection is amazing and I highly recommend it. The service was not great but not horrible. Everything took very long and the waitres did not check in with us much. We had to keep asking her for more beverages etc. Everything else about our experience was really amazing. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Ramming SpeedRemyVIPDined on 5/23/2014Hadn't been back for awhile, but will return sooner next time...! Service was outstanding...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- social1VIPDined on 5/22/2014We're regulars and are never disappointed. Always good food, good service, convenient location, good parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notpickyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Great place for burgers and brew. Attentive waitressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loud and slowSg04VIPDined on 4/26/2014It was extremely loud and took forever to get our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Surprise!SunshineDined on 4/26/2014We were greeted right away and directed to our table, we choose the bar area, and what a chose it was. Hulk Hogan was doing a signing and we got to see him and I got a picture with my phone. You had to be on this list for signing and payment, but at least I had the chance to see him. The area was just filled with happy fans as we watch them leave with their items signed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.