Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Schaumburg
1901 McConnor Parkway
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Schaumburg
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theram.com/
- Phone: (847) 517-8791
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Monday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Aguilar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ram is a relaxing, full service restaurant and brewery that provides superior food and beverages at a great value with attentive, sincere, friendly service -- all delivered in an upscale atmosphere. We have an extensive event menu and feature hand-crafted beers and specialty drinks.
- Private Party Contact: Greg Weidman 8475178791
- Entertainment: Come in and enjoy RAM's daily drink specials.
Monday: $3.99 Pints of Big Horn Beer*
Tuesday: $2.99 Pints & $3.99 Mugs of Big Horn Beer*
Wednesday: $4.99 Margaritas
Thursday: $5.99 Ram Specialty Martinis
Friday: $9.99 1/2 Gallon Growler fills*
Saturday: $9.99 1/2 Gallon Growler fills*
Sunday: $4.99 Mugs of Big Horn Beer*---$1 Champagne and Mimosas
*Seasonals slightly more
A word from Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Schaumburg
The Ram Restaurant & Brewery is the place for fun! Whether the occasion is meeting co-workers for freshly brewed beer after work, a cozy family dinner, or meeting friends for the big game; The Ram will make your event a memorable one! The smartly decorated interior houses a casual, though sophisticated environment; & there are no dress code requirements.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Schaumburg - Best Restaurants in Schaumburg ›
Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Schaumburg reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (36)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (15)fit for foodies (14)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/9/2014We enjoyed our lunch at RAM. The service was attentive. There was a large variety of good food options. The vampire fries were a tasty treat.
- Great service and food!Hellocaitlin85Dined on 11/8/2014I think our waitress's name was Dawn, and she was great! I ended up getting the cheese dip for dinner (I'm a vegetarian and not a ton of options, unfortunately) and it was so good. I also got the pumpkin seasonal beer which was fantastic, but pretty sweet.Special Features:
- Great burger, great serviceLoves2DineWellVIPDined on 11/6/2014Suggested by a former colleague, we met here for a weeknight dinner. She recommended the burgers; many variations from which to choose. I picked the Hillbilly (beef burger, bacon, gorgonzola cheese, crispy fried onions, ...) and it was a wonderful combination of flavors and textures. Homemade potato chips were good, too. Our server (Lauren) was super -- enthusiastic, attentive without hovering so we could eat at a leisurely pace and catch up on lots of talking. Got a nice glass of wine at a decent price (they have LOTS of beer options). Bread pudding dessert was OK -- nothing much going on with the flavors in the bread pudding itself, but the caramel sauce (not too sweet) and ice cream helped.Special Features:
- Husband's birthdaybirthdaylunchDined on 10/26/20145 of us spent a very nice lunch this past Sunday at the Schaumburg loc. A little loud, but it was a Bears game. We enjoyed the food and atmosphere. They did not bring my lunch out with the rest of the order, but made up for it - mgr bought me a drink, apologized and actually it was not a big deal. The sandwich came out shortly and was delicious. Would definitely stop by again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A go-to restaurantdinheDined on 10/19/2014RAM is one of my go-to restaurants, so I scheduled a meeting there. When I arrived, they said they didn't have a reservation under my name - but then we found one of our party arrived early & was already seated - so maybe they checked it off. Most everyone enjoyed their meals - the only thing that was a disappointment was the cheese soup. Not up to it's usual quality - soup was thin and chicken was rubbery.Special Features:
- steak FailureTandJDined on 10/17/2014We took my wife there for her birthday , we have been there before . She ordered a rib eye steak medium well and was as tough as leather, the waitress only asked how it was two minutes after it was brought to the table. My wife ate her potatoes and some of her veggies. The waitress came at the end of our meal and we told her that my Wife's meal was subpar , the waitress then told the manager and he came to talk about it with us. The manager did remove it from our bill , protocol I am sure. This experience has us second guessing about a return visit....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, healthy optionsCindyJVIPDined on 10/15/2014I was thrilled to find healthy options that sounded tasty. I tried the Num Num which was a chicken breast with avocado on a lettuce bun rather than a bread bun. I went unhealthy with the sweet potato fries, but oh so yummy! My husband had the tacos which he said were tasty. This is a fun place to go for a casual dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday dinner in the bar areaJulieVIPDined on 10/10/2014The bar area is open seating, which is nice. We enjoyed a good dinner with some good Oktoberfest beer! It was crowded and the service was good. Nice place for a good get together with friends to catch up or just stop in for dinner. Enjoy.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Incredible dinner. Manger was so great...I'm sorry I didn't get his name, (or just forgot) but really made you feel welcome. Great service, great food and overall great time.Special Features:
- Not a bad place at allRicardioDined on 9/26/2014Pleasantly surprised with how good the food tasted. Portions were perfect for dinner so you won't overstuff yourself. Will try the fish tacos next time and maybe the bread pudding for dessert. Didn't drink any beer or spirits but they had plenty to choose from.Special Features:
- LovefoodDined on 9/19/2014The food was great especially the armadillo eggs. We have been here numerous times and have always had good service and food but this time the service was a bit slow. Overall it is still a good place to go.Special Features:
- Great ServicecandtDined on 9/13/2014We were a party of 10. My husband & I were a little early but our table was ready and the waitress was available. She asked if we were there for a special occasion. I thought she was just making conversation and I told her our daughter just got engaged. To our surprise, after everyone arrived and orders were taken, they brought over glasses of champagne for everyone and a non-alcoholic drink in champagne glass for a 20-year old. Our waitress was Lisa and she was wonderful. She was very nice, made sure she checked on us, and we never felt rushed. We had a very nice time and will definitely return to Ram.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a lunch meetingschaallaDined on 9/8/2014We chose The Ram to have a lunch meeting with people from all over Chicago. It was perfect. We had a corner booth that was roomy, yet intimate. Our waitress was really nice and left us alone after we ate, so we could finish our work.Special Features:
- poor serviceDMG2014Dined on 9/6/2014food took way too long.. only had burgers. TVs were blaring in dining area. Food just ok. Better places in Schaumburg for the money.Special Features:
- notpickyVIPDined on 8/31/2014good menu choices and everything tasted good--will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for get-togethersJJfundinerDined on 8/28/2014Caught up with old friends for dinner. Good food, great waitress, lots of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night for Dinnerluv2dineDined on 8/19/2014We had a super time. Big group, yet we had super service, and the food was awesome. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Had a Nice DinnerBobLVIPDined on 8/10/2014Took family from out of town for dinner. was a great place just to sit and visit while we had a nice dinner. Good selection of menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations Ha!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014I made reservations for 8 of us using open table at 1:15 pm. These were made at about 11:15 am. When I got to the restaurant I was told that they had a patio table for us which I did not reserve! They walked me thru the restaurant to show me one bad set up for 8 then to the bar/lounge for a long skinning high top that we could have. The host told me that there had been several large groups arrive since the time I made my reservations and they had to accommodate them there fore we did not have a table. Really what was the point of the reservation. I actually stood in line to check in behind another group of 8 without a reservation and they got seated at regular tables and we did not. That was wrong. We had a reservation they did not.
- The following 338 reviews are from the Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Schaumburg reviews archive.
- Great Burgers & BeerlegunekDined on 7/25/2014This place is great for grabbing some beers from their microbrew and chowing down on their delicious food (burgers, sandwiches, etc.). Service can be slow but usually pretty friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible!Luv4foodDined on 7/19/2014Dirty, stinky, dark. Ordered nachos for an appetizer.... No good. Decided to go somewhere else after a couple beers & the appetizer. Will not go back & would not suggest this place.
- Football World Cup FinalswifebdayDined on 7/13/2014Had a great time watching the football world cup finals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The RamJbirdDined on 7/11/2014Food was good. Beer was good. The service was lacking but I do not blame the waitress. I believe due to the size of this restaurant the staff can be overworked when then restaurant is busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!LouisDined on 7/6/2014Best food I had in quite a while! I'll definitely be back next time in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Burgers, Beer and ServiceLetseatoutDined on 7/5/2014Always enjoy going here. Delicious burgers, with lots of different burgers to chose from. Good beer on draft, with good selection, and new ones to try they'll give a sample to try. Discounts from VIP cub sent to you via email. Our waitress, Lisa, provided quick and friendly service. Love to get refills for our beer howlers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lmfcVIPDined on 7/5/2014Food was good with different twists on standards. My husband's steak sandwich was one of the best he has had in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps us coming back!runandeatDined on 6/28/2014The food is always good, definitely our go-to choice when we are in Schaumburg!Special Features:
- Alway good foodTrureviewVIPDined on 6/27/2014We love the Ram! It is our Friday night hang out! Great burgers, fresh salads and fun desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Foodkek0928Dined on 6/24/2014Visited The Ram several times and food and service has been consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LoriSVIPDined on 6/22/2014Ram has great food, beer and desserts! We frequent Ram at least once every couple of months and have been very happy. Service is good. They can accommodate large parties which is nice. They have a great steak sandwich that I always order. Bring your appetite with!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodmcl0222Dined on 6/7/2014This is not the first time I've been here, it is always good. The meal and drink selections are endless. The wait staff and managers always check to make sure things turned out well, and make adjustments if necessary.Special Features:
- great brewery...burgormeisterDined on 5/25/2014....but burger was dry...service was erratic. Had a manager apologize for the server, but he did not offer to take orders. Server. never offered to ask if we wanted desserts. Go for the beer and appetisers.
- Friend reunionRnfriendDined on 5/23/2014It has been a year and a half since I changed job. My first job was my dream job and my coworkers were my family. We wanted to have dinner and found Schumburg was the central location for all of us. But where to go? Needed to pick a place were 10 of us could go, noise level was not too loud (we wanted to be able to hear one another) and of course good food and booze. Between PF Changs and Ram i picked Ram. And Im glad I did. A few of us arrived early and we were able to be sat right away. We were not rushed by our waitress to order. We were busy chatting and waiting for the rest of our party. When we did order, food was great. Even though mine had bacon on it when I asked for no bacon. All in all we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BeerShriVIPDined on 5/21/2014We love to try out your beer specials. Blonde is our favorite. Fried pickle perfectly goes with a cold beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New server struggled but was sweet!KathyDined on 5/16/2014We were seated and waited about 20 minutes to be waited on. We frequent the Ram and knew this wasn't typical and since we weren't in a hurry we didn't mind. We were finally waited on by the manager who took our drink order. When our server finally came, she was adorable and obviously new. The food was outstanding as usual and we enjoyed the complimentary appetizer we received for waiting. Our server struggled with her other tables as well but I have no doubt she will catch on and appreciated that the management really had a handle on this type of thing. This place is wonderful. We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rambo SchaumburgSunshineDined on 5/1/2014Went for the special beer that was only a little left of this brew, only two glassed allowed. Really good beer and great service, our server was fun and enjoyable to talk too. We normally go to the Wheeling location that we love and it was the first time we went to this location and we really enjoyed ourselves...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually fantastic, but....jimrheeDined on 4/30/2014Everything about our evening was great with one exception. Two people in our group each ordered a glass of white wine, one a chardonnay and the other a pinot grigio. They were both brought a sweet, white wine - neither received the wine they ordered. Clearly the bartender was trying to pass off a cheaper wine and we were sorely disappointed. Even worse was the rudeness of the waiter when we called him out on it. He did bring two complimentary glasses to each with an apology but the damage had already been done. The upside was that they were donating money back to a great organization but this cutting corners was a bad choice.Special Features:
- A good place to go out.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I went to the Ram this past Saturday. It was a first date and I have had good experiences in the past. I chose it because it was a good location for us to meat given that we were both traveling several miles to Meet up. The salad I hade was great, out waitress was super nice and friendly, and the booth I requested in the special requests section wa available to me. I think it's a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RamCaladesiDined on 3/30/2014Always been a local favorite of mine. Outstanding food and always good service. Ram has great beers as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014We made reservations, but changed our minds once we got there to sit in the bar area instead. We ended up waiting for a while because some people decide to just hang out after their bill was paid. Once we did get seated the food was great, the waitstaff was on point and the sample tray of beer was awesome! We will be back for sure :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.