Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Schaumburg
1901 McConnor Parkway
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Schaumburg
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theram.com/
- Phone: 8475178791
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Monday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Aguilar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ram is a relaxing, full service restaurant and brewery that provides superior food and beverages at a great value with attentive, sincere, friendly service -- all delivered in an upscale atmosphere. We have an extensive event menu and feature hand-crafted beers and specialty drinks.
- Private Party Contact: Greg Weidman 8475178791
- Entertainment: Come in and enjoy RAM's daily drink specials.
Monday: $3.99 Pints of Big Horn Beer*
Tuesday: $2.99 Pints & $3.99 Mugs of Big Horn Beer*
Wednesday: $4.99 Margaritas
Thursday: $5.99 Ram Specialty Martinis
Friday: $9.99 1/2 Gallon Growler fills*
Saturday: $9.99 1/2 Gallon Growler fills*
Sunday: $4.99 Mugs of Big Horn Beer*---$1 Champagne and Mimosas
*Seasonals slightly more
A word from Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Schaumburg
The Ram Restaurant & Brewery is the place for fun! Whether the occasion is meeting co-workers for freshly brewed beer after work, a cozy family dinner, or meeting friends for the big game; The Ram will make your event a memorable one! The smartly decorated interior houses a casual, though sophisticated environment; & there are no dress code requirements.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Schaumburg - Best Restaurants in Schaumburg ›
Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Schaumburg reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (34)great for lunch (27)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (15)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- LovefoodDined on 9/19/2014The food was great especially the armadillo eggs. We have been here numerous times and have always had good service and food but this time the service was a bit slow. Overall it is still a good place to go.Special Features:
- Great ServicecandtDined on 9/13/2014We were a party of 10. My husband & I were a little early but our table was ready and the waitress was available. She asked if we were there for a special occasion. I thought she was just making conversation and I told her our daughter just got engaged. To our surprise, after everyone arrived and orders were taken, they brought over glasses of champagne for everyone and a non-alcoholic drink in champagne glass for a 20-year old. Our waitress was Lisa and she was wonderful. She was very nice, made sure she checked on us, and we never felt rushed. We had a very nice time and will definitely return to Ram.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a lunch meetingschaallaDined on 9/8/2014We chose The Ram to have a lunch meeting with people from all over Chicago. It was perfect. We had a corner booth that was roomy, yet intimate. Our waitress was really nice and left us alone after we ate, so we could finish our work.Special Features:
- poor serviceDMG2014Dined on 9/6/2014food took way too long.. only had burgers. TVs were blaring in dining area. Food just ok. Better places in Schaumburg for the money.Special Features:
- notpickyVIPDined on 8/31/2014good menu choices and everything tasted good--will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for get-togethersJJfundinerDined on 8/28/2014Caught up with old friends for dinner. Good food, great waitress, lots of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night for Dinnerluv2dineDined on 8/19/2014We had a super time. Big group, yet we had super service, and the food was awesome. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Had a Nice DinnerBobLVIPDined on 8/10/2014Took family from out of town for dinner. was a great place just to sit and visit while we had a nice dinner. Good selection of menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations Ha!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2014I made reservations for 8 of us using open table at 1:15 pm. These were made at about 11:15 am. When I got to the restaurant I was told that they had a patio table for us which I did not reserve! They walked me thru the restaurant to show me one bad set up for 8 then to the bar/lounge for a long skinning high top that we could have. The host told me that there had been several large groups arrive since the time I made my reservations and they had to accommodate them there fore we did not have a table. Really what was the point of the reservation. I actually stood in line to check in behind another group of 8 without a reservation and they got seated at regular tables and we did not. That was wrong. We had a reservation they did not.
- Great Burgers & BeerlegunekDined on 7/25/2014This place is great for grabbing some beers from their microbrew and chowing down on their delicious food (burgers, sandwiches, etc.). Service can be slow but usually pretty friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible!Luv4foodDined on 7/19/2014Dirty, stinky, dark. Ordered nachos for an appetizer.... No good. Decided to go somewhere else after a couple beers & the appetizer. Will not go back & would not suggest this place.
- Football World Cup FinalswifebdayDined on 7/13/2014Had a great time watching the football world cup finals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The RamJbirdDined on 7/11/2014Food was good. Beer was good. The service was lacking but I do not blame the waitress. I believe due to the size of this restaurant the staff can be overworked when then restaurant is busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!LouisDined on 7/6/2014Best food I had in quite a while! I'll definitely be back next time in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Burgers, Beer and ServiceLetseatoutDined on 7/5/2014Always enjoy going here. Delicious burgers, with lots of different burgers to chose from. Good beer on draft, with good selection, and new ones to try they'll give a sample to try. Discounts from VIP cub sent to you via email. Our waitress, Lisa, provided quick and friendly service. Love to get refills for our beer howlers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lmfcVIPDined on 7/5/2014Food was good with different twists on standards. My husband's steak sandwich was one of the best he has had in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps us coming back!runandeatDined on 6/28/2014The food is always good, definitely our go-to choice when we are in Schaumburg!Special Features:
- Alway good foodTrureviewVIPDined on 6/27/2014We love the Ram! It is our Friday night hang out! Great burgers, fresh salads and fun desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Foodkek0928Dined on 6/24/2014Visited The Ram several times and food and service has been consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LoriSDined on 6/22/2014Ram has great food, beer and desserts! We frequent Ram at least once every couple of months and have been very happy. Service is good. They can accommodate large parties which is nice. They have a great steak sandwich that I always order. Bring your appetite with!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodmcl0222Dined on 6/7/2014This is not the first time I've been here, it is always good. The meal and drink selections are endless. The wait staff and managers always check to make sure things turned out well, and make adjustments if necessary.Special Features:
- The following 326 reviews are from the Ram Restaurant & Brewery - Schaumburg reviews archive.
- great brewery...burgormeisterDined on 5/25/2014....but burger was dry...service was erratic. Had a manager apologize for the server, but he did not offer to take orders. Server. never offered to ask if we wanted desserts. Go for the beer and appetisers.
- Friend reunionRnfriendDined on 5/23/2014It has been a year and a half since I changed job. My first job was my dream job and my coworkers were my family. We wanted to have dinner and found Schumburg was the central location for all of us. But where to go? Needed to pick a place were 10 of us could go, noise level was not too loud (we wanted to be able to hear one another) and of course good food and booze. Between PF Changs and Ram i picked Ram. And Im glad I did. A few of us arrived early and we were able to be sat right away. We were not rushed by our waitress to order. We were busy chatting and waiting for the rest of our party. When we did order, food was great. Even though mine had bacon on it when I asked for no bacon. All in all we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BeerShriVIPDined on 5/21/2014We love to try out your beer specials. Blonde is our favorite. Fried pickle perfectly goes with a cold beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New server struggled but was sweet!KathyDined on 5/16/2014We were seated and waited about 20 minutes to be waited on. We frequent the Ram and knew this wasn't typical and since we weren't in a hurry we didn't mind. We were finally waited on by the manager who took our drink order. When our server finally came, she was adorable and obviously new. The food was outstanding as usual and we enjoyed the complimentary appetizer we received for waiting. Our server struggled with her other tables as well but I have no doubt she will catch on and appreciated that the management really had a handle on this type of thing. This place is wonderful. We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rambo SchaumburgSunshineDined on 5/1/2014Went for the special beer that was only a little left of this brew, only two glassed allowed. Really good beer and great service, our server was fun and enjoyable to talk too. We normally go to the Wheeling location that we love and it was the first time we went to this location and we really enjoyed ourselves...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually fantastic, but....jimrheeDined on 4/30/2014Everything about our evening was great with one exception. Two people in our group each ordered a glass of white wine, one a chardonnay and the other a pinot grigio. They were both brought a sweet, white wine - neither received the wine they ordered. Clearly the bartender was trying to pass off a cheaper wine and we were sorely disappointed. Even worse was the rudeness of the waiter when we called him out on it. He did bring two complimentary glasses to each with an apology but the damage had already been done. The upside was that they were donating money back to a great organization but this cutting corners was a bad choice.Special Features:
- A good place to go out.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I went to the Ram this past Saturday. It was a first date and I have had good experiences in the past. I chose it because it was a good location for us to meat given that we were both traveling several miles to Meet up. The salad I hade was great, out waitress was super nice and friendly, and the booth I requested in the special requests section wa available to me. I think it's a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RamCaladesiDined on 3/30/2014Always been a local favorite of mine. Outstanding food and always good service. Ram has great beers as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014We made reservations, but changed our minds once we got there to sit in the bar area instead. We ended up waiting for a while because some people decide to just hang out after their bill was paid. Once we did get seated the food was great, the waitstaff was on point and the sample tray of beer was awesome! We will be back for sure :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a great place to hangdinerDined on 3/16/2014It's a great place to hang out. The ambience is awesome. I recommend this place to every one.Special Features:
- Great ServiceJohnDined on 2/22/2014I thought one of the best things about Ram was the friendly and attentive service. The wait staff was well trained and kept a good eye on the table, but from a distance. We felt well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freezing!KpmagnoliaVIPDined on 2/8/2014The table we sat at was near a window and my feet were colder inside than they were outside! Our server was very friendly and knowledgable. The food I ordered was missing a few items and lacked any real flavor. Good beer and a vibrant scene always make me come back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to send the ribeye back--veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Had to send the ribeye back--very over cooked and was not a good cut of meat. Other food was just ok. Fish on Fish taco lacked seasoning and didn't appear to be blacked, but the topping was very tasty.Special Features:
- DisappointedjlasDined on 2/8/2014After reading other reviews we felt safe going here. The beer was very good but the food was very weak. My husband ordered ribs, $22, and the portion was not what we expected. I ordered the Buffalo chicken salad, it was a big bowl of romaine with ranch and some chicken strips. Nothing special at all. The beer cheese appetizer was meh also. The setting and service was really nice. Our waitress was on top of everything and the restaurant had a nice decor. The kids ate their food, burger and chicken, both were standard kids meals they ate it up. Won’t return, there are too many other spots in the area to put up with so so food.
- Very comfortable and laidOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Very comfortable and laid back atmosphere. The staff and management are a delight and will go out of their way to make you happy. My last visit there, they made a special batch of gluten free chips because they had run out. I asked them not to go through the trouble, but the manager insisted. He was incredibly nice and its because of him we've now made this RAM location in Schaumburg our top choice for after work drinks and apps. Just wish happy hour ran a little longer. ;)Special Features:
- Great experience!KathyDined on 1/31/2014We made our reservation on my Open Table app just 30 minutes before arriving. We were promptly seated when we arrived. Our food was excellent, the portion sizes were generous, and the service was good. They have an interesting list of beer choices and the ones we chose were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014The food was amazing. Our waitress Madalyn was one the best servers I ever had. I like my steak medium rear and most places always over cook it, this place made it perfect! We were sat near the windlw and the only complaint was that there was an aweful draft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice service, mediocre food.scottpfeifferVIPDined on 1/18/2014It feels like a chilis. I was hoping for more, but the noise level was reasonable, and the server was really nice.Special Features:
- BlahChicaRicaDined on 1/18/2014I had the blackened Mahi tacos. Kinda just okay. Spanish rice was the worst. Bland and soggy. The beans were average. The place looks like a good time and could've been. Something smelled delicious as I walked in but it definitely wasn't what I ordered. I'll try another place before I think about coming back.