Ralph's on the Park
900 City Park Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70119Neighborhood:
Mid-City / City Park
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
Ralph's on the Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ralphsonthepark.com/
- Phone: 5044881000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Sunday, 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday 'til 9:30pm Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Creole
- Executive Chef: Chip Flanagan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Pianist Joe Krown during Sunday Brunch and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 5-8pm
A word from Ralph's on the Park
Award winning contemporary Creole cuisine served in a beautifully renovated historic building across from the entrance to City Park. Ralph's on the Park offers casual-fine dining ambiance and New Orleans residential inspired decor and has been voted "Best New Restaurant" and "Best Restaurant Post-Katrina".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ralph's on the Park - Best Restaurants in Mid-City / City Park ›
Ralph's on the Park reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (81)special occasion (77)fit for foodies (63)romantic (57)neighborhood gem (54)great for brunch (50)good for groups (43)great for lunch (35)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (12)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- under cooked steak twice!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Great service but sub par food quality. Nicely located across from city park. Easy and quick to get too as well.Special Features:
- Always SpecialPeterDined on 9/12/2014Ralph's on the Park has an excellent menu, my wife and I enjoyed the Eat Week specials. Very convenient, easy to park, food is exceptional and the service is outstanding. Although we were two, there were several groups there for special occasions. I love the murals, the vivid capture of New Orleans at another time. We took pictures of our food and setting and sent them to my wife's niece in San Francisco to convince her to move here. She was especially impressed with the 10 cent martinisSpecial Features:
- Ralph's LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We found this place during restaurant week and did their fixed lunch special. I had a flank steak and the wife had red fish. The steak was extremely tender and had a good taste on it's own but the sauce they put with it was even better. The wife's fish was cooked perfect and we both agree that we will be back.Special Features:
- Forgotten gemSueChefDined on 9/10/2014I haven't been here in five years and thought maybe the food had dropped off a little.. But I was pleasantly surprised by how fantastic the food was. The place still looks brand new and provided a peaceful dining environment. The staff was very attentive. We had a decent range of menu items and they were all stellar. The corkage fee was $20 which was reasonable. They offered valet parking. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrinceDined on 9/7/2014Staff was well trained, very familiar with the menu and anxious to please. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Always outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014We dine here several times a year. Every experience has been outstanding - food, drinks, service, and ambiance. The view overlooking City Park is beautiful. A true neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/31/2014The food was really great! We did have to wait about 45 minutes to get our drinks, not too sure why? They seemed to be pacing us quite a bit. Over all we will go back.Special Features:
- 92 & Going Strong......guideDined on 8/31/2014Family gathered to "celebrate" my aunt, 92 & going strong - she still drives!! Atmosphere, service, presentation were all fabulous. Most got the catfish special; unfortunately it missed the mark. Not bad just not great. Several of us did the endless Mimosas so actually didn't mind! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKtruthtopowerDined on 8/31/2014My overall experience was fair to good. That isn't good enough when there are so many other options and that is why I would not recommend it -- they are too many better places to recommend. The ambiance is nice and the bar area is great but the food and service were just so-so.
- None betterBillinBRDined on 8/30/2014Away from the tourist sector, this wonderful restaurant is a gem. Great food, great crowd, great vibe. And, one will want to longer in their elegant bar until closing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfultopcatDined on 8/28/2014Also enjoy going to Ralph's. The employees are welcoming and knowledgeable about the food. The food is tasty and filling. The soups are great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I went for the 3 apps and a glass of wine deal which was a great deal. The food was wonderful and the service was spectacular! He recommended a great wine and a few appetizers. We took hime up on some of them and were very happy with the chooses. I wish the deal was going on all the time, it was the perfect amount of food where you didn't feel like you over ate at all. An easy way to entice us with dessert after our meal, which was also delicious! I will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBigRayDined on 8/23/2014Very good value for food served. Drinks excellent and food superbSpecial Features:
- Safetyjack says:safetyjackDined on 8/19/2014Ralph's is not inexpensive, but it is a delightful place for an occasion markedly beyond 'fast food'. The décor is very nice, the view is excellent, the staff are very friendly without being intrusive, and the food is very good, with some new, inventive off-the-menu dishes almost every time that we go. I have to confess that I do really, really miss the PB&J foie gras 'sandwich' that I had the first time that we went to the restaurant for other than a meeting or private party. By the way, they have excellent accommodations for moderately-sized private parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TLoupDined on 8/18/2014Sarah was exceptional - wine list was great and the manager on Monday night was also great taking care of our IT needs - - - - -- - - - - -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uptownDined on 8/17/2014The food was excellent. The cocktail was a bit off. The waiter was very attentive. The noise level was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014We eat here several times a year and it is always outstanding. Great service, great drinks, and great food. My wife had the 3 appetizer special. I had the turtle soup with the soft shell crab special. Both were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely view/great foodNolasdhDined on 8/12/2014As is usual we had a lovely dinner with great food and excellent service. The potatoes and carrots were really great. And the surprise sweets at the end of the meal were really really good . Thank you . Go you will love it.Special Features:
- Very pleasant diningKitchDined on 8/10/2014We always make a point of dining at Ralph's on the Park every time we visit New Orleans. We have never been disappointed and this visit was no exception. From the moment we handed the car keys to the valet until we left, everything was "top drawer." We were greeted by name and shown to a very comfortable table where we enjoyed a wonderful meal. We started with a delectable turtle soup served at the perfect temperature. I enjoyed the rib-eye filet with shiitakes and port wine beef sauce, asparagus, and turnip purée accompanied with truffle fries. Brenda had the red fish special. Both meals were well prepared and presented. The tastes were well balanced and fully enjoyed. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- InedibleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014The charcuterie plate was very bland,the duck boudin was inedible.The bleu cheese tots were too greesy to eat. The yakamein(spelling?) was decent but sauce was incredibly rich, could only eat a few bites of it. The lamb ribs were mostly just gristle w/ small bones inside,hurt my tooth when biting down when I thought I had pulled it off the bone.The shrimp was not peeled and the grits were very soupy;very irritating to have to peel my own shrimp (I was wearing a nice dress and it was quite a mess to fish out the shrimp to peel).Fried chicken slider was unremarkable.Wouldn't eat here again.Upset $120 spent.Lemondrop martini made incorrectly.Special Features:
- City Park treasurePeterBDined on 8/5/2014A wonderful dining experience. Great food in a romantic setting, with the Brennan's standards for service and quality. The "Three Appetizers & a Glass of Wine" is a terrific summer enticement. Valet parking a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food portionBignuDined on 8/3/2014The atmosphere, service, and food quality was great The food tastes good, but don't go if you are hungry. The portions are small, especially considering the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014They made me feel like family. Great experience! Food was excellent. The Ya-Ka-Mein and Shrimp and grits were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ralph's reviewlove2eatoutDined on 8/2/2014The service, location, ambience was great. The food was ok. The steaks we had was disappointing to say the least. Had to send one back to cook longer. The taste just wasn't what we expected. Paid > $300 for 4 people. DIsappointed.Special Features:
- Enjoy!gigicatDined on 8/1/2014We decided to take advantage of the 3 appetizer and wine special for 33$. Everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Overlooking the park this is an scenic spot. The best part of our experience was listening to Joe Krown play piano, the service was excellent, the food was ok but not the best part of our experience.
- Not disappointedAnthonyFVIPDined on 7/25/2014I've been traveling to 'Awlins since 1999 and had next been to Ralph's so I made sure to put it on my itinerary this time based on everything I heard. I went for a dinner date and it was very romantic with good ambience, service, and wine list. The food was very good but it didn't knock any of my Top 3 restaurants out (Le Petit Grocery, Cochin, Maurespas - in that order). If I had to pick a knock against it, I would say the dining room was a bit too loud so it made it tough for me to hear my date. Of course, she also mumbles when she talks, so who knows?Special Features:
- Elegant atmosphere, excellent foodfoodieproDined on 7/23/2014Our server did an outstanding job. She was well versed in explaining all the dinner options. She was very attentive and professional. Beautiful presentation for our entire meal, a great place to entertain my customers and service was the best.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentLesPocheVIPDined on 7/18/2014We have dined here several times, and it is always consistently excellent, food & service. The 3 appetizers & glass of wine for $33 is one of the best deals going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a formal lunch.RockyBanksDined on 7/8/2014My wife and I visited Ralph's based on a recommendation, and left satisfied. Admittedly, we were caught slightly off-guard by the formal atmosphere (described on the restaurant's web site as "smart casual"), but our experience was positive from beginning to end. The menu is short but diverse, and the food is fantastic. The service is attentive without being intrusive. The complimentary valet parking is greatly appreciated. Overall, Ralph's is a bit pricey and formal for an everyday lunch spot, but would be perfect for classing up a special daytime occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Great ambience. Delectable food. Enriching experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4atreat4atreatDined on 7/1/2014Ralph's was a dining experience. We were never rushed but were given just the right amount of time to enjoy the entire lunch. Food was delicious. All 4 of us ordered different items and all 4 of us were extremely p[leased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nunzioDined on 6/29/2014very good overall dining experience. it goes beyond excellent food. Comfortable atmosphere, friendly and attentive staff and a beautiful view of the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brennan'sTerriDined on 6/28/2014brennan restaurants are always consistently good...summer special is always a bargain!Special Features:
- Lovely spot overlooking City ParkmoongoddessVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great summer specials at a beautiful place. Great service and creative dishes. Wine list could use improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizer specialDeliciousDined on 6/27/2014The 3 appetizers and wine is a fabulous summer time treat…Lots of excellent food…everyone at our table enjoyed.Special Features:
- Great BrunchHeatherDare22Dined on 6/22/2014Had a great brunch at Ralph's. Will absolutely be going back. The scene of the City Park from the dining room was exquisite, and our waitress was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly dissappointing. :-(DonnaVIPDined on 6/21/2014After so much great food in New Orleans we were looking forward to this lovely restaurant by the entrance to the City Park. The menu looked wonderful, but the execution was off on nearly every item. We had several appetizers, all were just good. And based on the reviews we expected better. Good turtle soup, which I enjoyed. Fried smoked oysters would have been better, but the frying oil needed to be changed and left a poor taste. The romaine salad was good. The braised goat pasta, tough in sections and had large piece of silver skin still attached; could have been really good. The strip steak had promise but was undercooked, then refired (same piece of meat) and still not cooked properly. Veggie plate was good, again not great.Special Features:
- Menu itemsNolafoodieDined on 6/21/2014While everyone in our group really enjoyed their meals we were slightly disappointed that out of 6 entree items they ran out of 3 before we could order. The apps were all delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewdesertfirstDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I were seated next to a very large group who were rather loud. We had the same waitress as the large group and as a consequence, she spent most of her time with them. We had to wait for a clean up when some wine was spilled at our table.Special Features: