Ralph's on the Park
900 City Park Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70119Neighborhood:
Mid-City / City Park
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
Ralph's on the Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ralphsonthepark.com/
- Phone: (504) 488-1000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Sunday, 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday 'til 9:30pm Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Creole
- Executive Chef: Chip Flanagan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Pianist Joe Krown during Sunday Brunch and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 5-8pm
A word from Ralph's on the Park
Award winning contemporary Creole cuisine served in a beautifully renovated historic building across from the entrance to City Park. Ralph's on the Park offers casual-fine dining ambiance and New Orleans residential inspired decor and has been voted "Best New Restaurant" and "Best Restaurant Post-Katrina".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ralph's on the Park - Best Restaurants in Mid-City / City Park ›
Ralph's on the Park reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (72)special occasion (72)neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (64)romantic (62)good for groups (46)great for lunch (37)great for brunch (35)notable wine list (24)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great neighborhood restaurantKateDined on 11/23/2014We are here on a Sunday evening to celebrate our anniversary. We were seated quickly, but there was a miscommunication with the staff, and we waited for our waiter for about 15 minutes. Once that was resolved it was a fantastic experience. Very good food, had smoke fried oysters, tuna two ways as apps, city park sald (excellent in its simplicity), BBQ shrimp, lamb as entres, and bananas foster bread pudding for dessert. I would recommend all. Once we were assigned a waiter service was excellent. Food was excellent, noise was low, ambiance good. Nice wine choices. Gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful renovation of City Park landmarkRosieDined on 11/16/2014Ralph's is a lovely space in a restored old New Orleans building with a nice view of City Park. The food is moderately prices, drinks are excellent (great bloody Mary), and the turtle soup may be the best in New Orleans. The staff is perfect, welcoming, attentive, but not intrusive, much in the European tradition. Their human resources department must be outstanding. I wasn't happy with my main course, which wasn't particularly interesting and was over-salted. I'd like to try the restaurant again sometime for lunch or dinner when the menu is more varied. I wouldn't return for brunch.
- Disappointed in the foodAliSDined on 11/15/2014While I have always been a fan of all of the Brennan;s family restaurants- I was extremely disappointed with Ralph's. While the ambiance was nice- the food was poor. I was with a party of 6 New Orleans natives. Not one of us was happy with the food. I had the Cobia- it was dry, chewy- and just overcooked! The prices are too high- to serve anything less than excellent. I will not be going back---unless it is in the bar area for drinks!! Sad to say.....on another note- I did go to the Brennan's family "Café B" just days prior....it was excellent, and well worth every penny!!
- Great lunch venue.KareDined on 11/14/2014I love a place with light and a quiet energy for lunch. Ralph's is perfect. Good food and service make it ideal. I will continue to return to this enjoyable spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday lunchJeanneDined on 11/12/2014Great lunch celebrating my friends birthday. We all enjoyed our food. The service was great. The menu said Happy Birthday at the top and there was a ribbon across our table. They also brought her a birthday dessert. Great place with great attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalGlitterDined on 11/9/2014Outstanding service along City Park Avenue - delectable dining and extraordinary hospitality. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experience.MarcarDined on 11/8/2014The food was excellent. We had Fried Smoked Oysters for the appetizer. My wife had the Duck and I had the Ribeye Pot Roast for the main. Cocktails were also excellent. Ambiance and service was outstanding. This was our 45th Wedding Anniversary and we were provided a complementary glass of Champagne. We will return.Special Features:
- 1st year anniveraryfbeyeguyDined on 11/7/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our experience and "Dave's" service to us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great!troeDined on 11/7/2014Food and ambiance were great. Loved the views of the park. Thoroughly enjoyed. Would definitely go back and recommend to friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Second time we have dined at Ralph's. This is our favorite restaurant in NO, and we have been to several. It is a locals place and service and food is great.Special Features:
- 11-7-14 Trip to Ralph'sNYCNOFoodieDined on 11/7/2014This was my 5th time to Ralph's. It was the first time things were not up to par.Special Features:
- Sundays BrunchNolafoodieDined on 11/2/2014We pushed the limit of the 2 pm cutoff for brunch, but were well fed and served none the less. The lamb ribs, steak and eggs, beet salad, and traditional breakfast plate were all excellent. The chef even modified the bananas foster dessert for my wife's gluten free diet. The only down side was a noisy diner at adjacent table, not something the restaurant could control. She was probably stone deaf from Voodoo fest. We have been here many times and usually the customers behave properly. View of City Park is beyond compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting, excellent foodpattinolaVIPDined on 11/1/2014Gorgeous view of the sprawling and serene City Park. Elegant surroundings, attentive yet unobtrusive service, spectacular food. A winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was outstandingkahluawattDined on 10/28/2014We picked Ralph's on the Park for a birthday celebration. I have eaten at other Brennan's restaurants. This one was one of my favorites, next to café b. Our waitress was wonderful and very attentive. The food was great and the bananas foster bread pudding was AMAZING. I would definitely recommend Ralph's on the Park.Special Features:
- LikeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014Although, I've been to Ralph's previously, I had not eaten in the restaurant. The experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timers4theMinionsDined on 10/25/2014Service was exceptional. Food was flavorful and well presented. View out onto City Park was tranquil. Overall a fantastic first experience at Ralph's. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014While a usual favorite restaurant this trip w/ our out of town son on a friday evening was marked by poor entrée choices and smaller portions. The vegetables sides were not up to par. The service was friendly and attentive and the drinks were well made. It just seemed the restaurant was low on food and choices entering a weekend. We will return but disappointed in this visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable serviceNonicknameVIPDined on 10/24/2014My girlfriend and I approached the door with some trepidation because we felt we might have been underdressed in our jeans and casual shirts when we saw that the guests inside were wearing jackets and ties. Staff took us right in, though, addressing us by name from our reservation. Our server offered several suggestions for our meals. Our food was tasty and enjoyable. The highlight of the evening was how warmly the staff treated us. Our server, the manager, the host, and the valet all thanked us for our patronage as we were leaving, and we certainly felt welcomed. Ralph's on the Park definitely lives up to having the spirit of hospitality.Special Features:
- vaiocatDined on 10/24/2014Great food and atmosphere. Would be great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- NOLA Gem in ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We love Nola and have for many years only been in the Downtown areas. We discovered Ralphs in the Park led by Ralph Brennan of the esteemed and legendary Brennan family. What an amazing journey. Just ten minutes from downtown, the service was amazing, food totally unique and had NOLA flare. What a true gift!Special Features:
- SatisfiedLunchfancy504Dined on 10/15/2014Very good food. Made our guest of honor feel special for her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eflor56Dined on 10/15/2014Great experience! David was great. Had a wonderful birthday dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Great for lunchLunchfoodie5958Dined on 10/14/2014I've eaten at Ralph's a few times for lunch over the past several months. The last two times everything was fantastic (food, server, ambiance). This week I ate lunch with the officers from my church's women's club. Server not up to par - had to ask her what was the special and soup of the day. Failed to check on us very often. Skirt steak and catfish were great. Beet salad was dry - not much dressing. Pan seared pork loin special was very dry, tough and not much flavor. Of course, the bread pudding was the best part of the meal. Needless to say I was very disappointed. We have our club's Christmas luncheon scheduled at Ralph's - hopefully it will be much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaterersDined on 10/12/2014The decor of the restaurant is great for either day or night tme dinning. The food is great, and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Orleans Gem!lindacakeDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I discovered Ralph's online before our trip to New Orleans and made an online reservation. We were delighted with the choice and took the Canal Street to City Park Streetcar. We got off the streetcar and walked through lovely City Park before our reservation. Afterwards we returned to the streetcar and took it back to Bourbon Street to our hotel. Great restaurant -- perfect for the 2 of us!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ralph'sLaughriotDined on 10/10/2014I selected Ralph's so my wife would be able to dine with a view. We requested a view when we made the reservation. When we arrived, we got a view...of the valet stand and the maitre d area. We had the worst table in the house despite others being open. So, that hope being dashed, we did have a nice dinner with solid, if unspectacular food. I would go back, but might have to change my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Wonderful!!!!!FoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great Food! Great Service!!!! Great Atmosphere!!! A true New Orleans gem!!!!Special Features:
- One of our best dining experiences!eatingoutDined on 10/2/2014Food was absolutely delicious. White glove service - excellent, and atmosphere wonderful for a romantic dinner before heading off to the symphony. We will be back and bring others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good - Service SuperbusedtofrequentDined on 9/29/2014I expected the food to be above par as we had eaten here several times. What I wasn't expecting is "Ellen" our waiter. She was personable, very knowledgeable of the menu and attentive. She made the evening of my wife's birthday, an outstanding dining experience. Congrats Ellen!Special Features:
- Love it!KPGmdDined on 9/28/2014One of our faves in New Orleans! Not "touristy" at all...food, service, ambiance...all great! Wonderful bar as well! The most underrated of Brennan's but definitely worth it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014I felt like the wait staff was very attentive. They even picked up on the fact that we were celebrating my daughter's birthday and brought out a little dessert with a candle on it. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I ate here for the first time a few nights ago. We loved it! Awesome service by Amber! Cheese tray was delicious and was appropriately sized/priced. Turtle soup was wonderful. NY strip steak was one of the best steak's I've had. Yum!!Special Features:
- BrunchbrunchplaceDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I enjoyed a romantic brunch. Niki was very friendly and invited us to enjoy a complimentary dessert. I would recommend brunch or lunch at Ralph's on the Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect on the ParkDiningdelitelyDined on 9/19/2014My wife's birthday and I wanted it to be memorable. They made it so, from a birthday greeting at the door to a special menu with her name printed on it. The waitress was very attentive and the food was outstanding. I found the dining area a bit noisy and it affected the ambience. Otherwise, an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ms. Sametta BrownBabeDined on 9/19/2014For a business lunch the setting was perfect. The service was great and the food was very tasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014The look of the place and neighborhood feel make this one not to miss. If you are in New Orleans and want to get away from downtown to a first rate restaurant this is the place to go.Special Features:
- under cooked steak twice!!foodcriticDined on 9/13/2014Great service but sub par food quality. Nicely located across from city park. Easy and quick to get too as well.Special Features:
- Always SpecialPeterDined on 9/12/2014Ralph's on the Park has an excellent menu, my wife and I enjoyed the Eat Week specials. Very convenient, easy to park, food is exceptional and the service is outstanding. Although we were two, there were several groups there for special occasions. I love the murals, the vivid capture of New Orleans at another time. We took pictures of our food and setting and sent them to my wife's niece in San Francisco to convince her to move here. She was especially impressed with the 10 cent martinisSpecial Features:
- Ralph's LunchMunchinmonkeyDined on 9/12/2014We found this place during restaurant week and did their fixed lunch special. I had a flank steak and the wife had red fish. The steak was extremely tender and had a good taste on it's own but the sauce they put with it was even better. The wife's fish was cooked perfect and we both agree that we will be back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/11/2014We hadn't been to Ralph's for a while as we had two disappointing dinner visits. We decided to give it a try again as it has been more than a year. It was also "Restaurant week" with special offerings. This visit, the service and food was wonderful. I am glad to say, that we look forward to returning to Ralph's again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.