Ralph's on the Park
900 City Park Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70119Neighborhood:
Mid-City / City Park
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
Ralph's on the Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ralphsonthepark.com/
- Phone: 5044881000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Sunday, 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday 'til 9:30pm Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Creole
- Executive Chef: Chip Flanagan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Pianist Joe Krown during Sunday Brunch and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 5-8pm
A word from Ralph's on the Park
Award winning contemporary Creole cuisine served in a beautifully renovated historic building across from the entrance to City Park. Ralph's on the Park offers casual-fine dining ambiance and New Orleans residential inspired decor and has been voted "Best New Restaurant" and "Best Restaurant Post-Katrina".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ralph's on the Park - Best Restaurants in Mid-City / City Park ›
Ralph's on the Park reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)scenic view (68)neighborhood gem (65)romantic (60)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (47)great for lunch (37)great for brunch (34)notable wine list (23)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Food and service was outstandingkahluawattDined on 10/28/2014We picked Ralph's on the Park for a birthday celebration. I have eaten at other Brennan's restaurants. This one was one of my favorites, next to café b. Our waitress was wonderful and very attentive. The food was great and the bananas foster bread pudding was AMAZING. I would definitely recommend Ralph's on the Park.Special Features:
- LikeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014Although, I've been to Ralph's previously, I had not eaten in the restaurant. The experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timers4theMinionsDined on 10/25/2014Service was exceptional. Food was flavorful and well presented. View out onto City Park was tranquil. Overall a fantastic first experience at Ralph's. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/24/2014While a usual favorite restaurant this trip w/ our out of town son on a friday evening was marked by poor entrée choices and smaller portions. The vegetables sides were not up to par. The service was friendly and attentive and the drinks were well made. It just seemed the restaurant was low on food and choices entering a weekend. We will return but disappointed in this visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable serviceNonicknameVIPDined on 10/24/2014My girlfriend and I approached the door with some trepidation because we felt we might have been underdressed in our jeans and casual shirts when we saw that the guests inside were wearing jackets and ties. Staff took us right in, though, addressing us by name from our reservation. Our server offered several suggestions for our meals. Our food was tasty and enjoyable. The highlight of the evening was how warmly the staff treated us. Our server, the manager, the host, and the valet all thanked us for our patronage as we were leaving, and we certainly felt welcomed. Ralph's on the Park definitely lives up to having the spirit of hospitality.Special Features:
- vaiocatDined on 10/24/2014Great food and atmosphere. Would be great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- NOLA Gem in ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We love Nola and have for many years only been in the Downtown areas. We discovered Ralphs in the Park led by Ralph Brennan of the esteemed and legendary Brennan family. What an amazing journey. Just ten minutes from downtown, the service was amazing, food totally unique and had NOLA flare. What a true gift!Special Features:
- SatisfiedLunchfancy504Dined on 10/15/2014Very good food. Made our guest of honor feel special for her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eflor56Dined on 10/15/2014Great experience! David was great. Had a wonderful birthday dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Great for lunchLunchfoodie5958Dined on 10/14/2014I've eaten at Ralph's a few times for lunch over the past several months. The last two times everything was fantastic (food, server, ambiance). This week I ate lunch with the officers from my church's women's club. Server not up to par - had to ask her what was the special and soup of the day. Failed to check on us very often. Skirt steak and catfish were great. Beet salad was dry - not much dressing. Pan seared pork loin special was very dry, tough and not much flavor. Of course, the bread pudding was the best part of the meal. Needless to say I was very disappointed. We have our club's Christmas luncheon scheduled at Ralph's - hopefully it will be much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaterersDined on 10/12/2014The decor of the restaurant is great for either day or night tme dinning. The food is great, and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Orleans Gem!lindacakeDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I discovered Ralph's online before our trip to New Orleans and made an online reservation. We were delighted with the choice and took the Canal Street to City Park Streetcar. We got off the streetcar and walked through lovely City Park before our reservation. Afterwards we returned to the streetcar and took it back to Bourbon Street to our hotel. Great restaurant -- perfect for the 2 of us!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ralph'sLaughriotDined on 10/10/2014I selected Ralph's so my wife would be able to dine with a view. We requested a view when we made the reservation. When we arrived, we got a view...of the valet stand and the maitre d area. We had the worst table in the house despite others being open. So, that hope being dashed, we did have a nice dinner with solid, if unspectacular food. I would go back, but might have to change my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Wonderful!!!!!FoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great Food! Great Service!!!! Great Atmosphere!!! A true New Orleans gem!!!!Special Features:
- One of our best dining experiences!eatingoutDined on 10/2/2014Food was absolutely delicious. White glove service - excellent, and atmosphere wonderful for a romantic dinner before heading off to the symphony. We will be back and bring others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good - Service SuperbusedtofrequentDined on 9/29/2014I expected the food to be above par as we had eaten here several times. What I wasn't expecting is "Ellen" our waiter. She was personable, very knowledgeable of the menu and attentive. She made the evening of my wife's birthday, an outstanding dining experience. Congrats Ellen!Special Features:
- Love it!KPGmdDined on 9/28/2014One of our faves in New Orleans! Not "touristy" at all...food, service, ambiance...all great! Wonderful bar as well! The most underrated of Brennan's but definitely worth it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014I felt like the wait staff was very attentive. They even picked up on the fact that we were celebrating my daughter's birthday and brought out a little dessert with a candle on it. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I ate here for the first time a few nights ago. We loved it! Awesome service by Amber! Cheese tray was delicious and was appropriately sized/priced. Turtle soup was wonderful. NY strip steak was one of the best steak's I've had. Yum!!Special Features:
- BrunchbrunchplaceDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I enjoyed a romantic brunch. Niki was very friendly and invited us to enjoy a complimentary dessert. I would recommend brunch or lunch at Ralph's on the Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect on the ParkDiningdelitelyDined on 9/19/2014My wife's birthday and I wanted it to be memorable. They made it so, from a birthday greeting at the door to a special menu with her name printed on it. The waitress was very attentive and the food was outstanding. I found the dining area a bit noisy and it affected the ambience. Otherwise, an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ms. Sametta BrownBabeDined on 9/19/2014For a business lunch the setting was perfect. The service was great and the food was very tasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014The look of the place and neighborhood feel make this one not to miss. If you are in New Orleans and want to get away from downtown to a first rate restaurant this is the place to go.Special Features:
- under cooked steak twice!!foodcriticDined on 9/13/2014Great service but sub par food quality. Nicely located across from city park. Easy and quick to get too as well.Special Features:
- Always SpecialPeterDined on 9/12/2014Ralph's on the Park has an excellent menu, my wife and I enjoyed the Eat Week specials. Very convenient, easy to park, food is exceptional and the service is outstanding. Although we were two, there were several groups there for special occasions. I love the murals, the vivid capture of New Orleans at another time. We took pictures of our food and setting and sent them to my wife's niece in San Francisco to convince her to move here. She was especially impressed with the 10 cent martinisSpecial Features:
- Ralph's LunchMunchinmonkeyDined on 9/12/2014We found this place during restaurant week and did their fixed lunch special. I had a flank steak and the wife had red fish. The steak was extremely tender and had a good taste on it's own but the sauce they put with it was even better. The wife's fish was cooked perfect and we both agree that we will be back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/11/2014We hadn't been to Ralph's for a while as we had two disappointing dinner visits. We decided to give it a try again as it has been more than a year. It was also "Restaurant week" with special offerings. This visit, the service and food was wonderful. I am glad to say, that we look forward to returning to Ralph's again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgotten gemSueChefDined on 9/10/2014I haven't been here in five years and thought maybe the food had dropped off a little.. But I was pleasantly surprised by how fantastic the food was. The place still looks brand new and provided a peaceful dining environment. The staff was very attentive. We had a decent range of menu items and they were all stellar. The corkage fee was $20 which was reasonable. They offered valet parking. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrinceDined on 9/7/2014Staff was well trained, very familiar with the menu and anxious to please. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Always outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014We dine here several times a year. Every experience has been outstanding - food, drinks, service, and ambiance. The view overlooking City Park is beautiful. A true neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/31/2014The food was really great! We did have to wait about 45 minutes to get our drinks, not too sure why? They seemed to be pacing us quite a bit. Over all we will go back.Special Features:
- 92 & Going Strong......guideDined on 8/31/2014Family gathered to "celebrate" my aunt, 92 & going strong - she still drives!! Atmosphere, service, presentation were all fabulous. Most got the catfish special; unfortunately it missed the mark. Not bad just not great. Several of us did the endless Mimosas so actually didn't mind! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKtruthtopowerDined on 8/31/2014My overall experience was fair to good. That isn't good enough when there are so many other options and that is why I would not recommend it -- they are too many better places to recommend. The ambiance is nice and the bar area is great but the food and service were just so-so.
- None betterBillinBRDined on 8/30/2014Away from the tourist sector, this wonderful restaurant is a gem. Great food, great crowd, great vibe. And, one will want to longer in their elegant bar until closing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfultopcatDined on 8/28/2014Also enjoy going to Ralph's. The employees are welcoming and knowledgeable about the food. The food is tasty and filling. The soups are great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I went for the 3 apps and a glass of wine deal which was a great deal. The food was wonderful and the service was spectacular! He recommended a great wine and a few appetizers. We took hime up on some of them and were very happy with the chooses. I wish the deal was going on all the time, it was the perfect amount of food where you didn't feel like you over ate at all. An easy way to entice us with dessert after our meal, which was also delicious! I will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBigRayDined on 8/23/2014Very good value for food served. Drinks excellent and food superbSpecial Features:
- Safetyjack says:safetyjackDined on 8/19/2014Ralph's is not inexpensive, but it is a delightful place for an occasion markedly beyond 'fast food'. The décor is very nice, the view is excellent, the staff are very friendly without being intrusive, and the food is very good, with some new, inventive off-the-menu dishes almost every time that we go. I have to confess that I do really, really miss the PB&J foie gras 'sandwich' that I had the first time that we went to the restaurant for other than a meeting or private party. By the way, they have excellent accommodations for moderately-sized private parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TLoupDined on 8/18/2014Sarah was exceptional - wine list was great and the manager on Monday night was also great taking care of our IT needs - - - - -- - - - - -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uptownDined on 8/17/2014The food was excellent. The cocktail was a bit off. The waiter was very attentive. The noise level was very loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.