Ralph's of South Philly - King of Prussia
480 N. Gulph Road
King Of Prussia, PA 19406Neighborhood:
King of Prussia
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ralph's of South Philly - King of Prussia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ralphsofsouthphilly.com/
- Phone: (484) 238-1990
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Fri - Sat: 11:00 am - 1:00 am
Sun: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Barone
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Ralph's of South Philly - King of Prussia
The new restaurant concept will be a contemporary version of the original. Grounded with the style of Italian cooking we are all familiar with, the restaurant will feature many "Ralph's Classics," as well as new dishes with a modern twist. This unique combination will make Ralph's of South Philly the perfect compliment to Sheraton Valley Forge's sleek yet cozy atmosphere. The new restaurant will offer premium dining and a full-service bar with its own substantial food menu and an extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Ralph's of South Philly - King of Prussia - Best Restaurants in King of Prussia ›
Ralph's of South Philly - King of Prussia reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)good for groups (52)special occasion (50)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Not A South Philly ThingBigSpoonDined on 11/21/2014The food was delicious. From the Calamari starter, to the lamb chop, my date's seafood risotto, and the chocolate devil cake, the food packed a punch of flavor like the South Philly champ, Rocky Balboa. Maybe that's not the best analogy but, that's as South Philly as the restaurant gets. A few entrees on the menu originate from South Philly family recipes but, branding the "South Philly" restaurant creates a misleading ambiance once inside the King of Prussia location. With a large, open floor plan, including a few partial-circular booths, privacy and intimacy seem a bit lost. "Sinatra" tried to swoon the crowd but the live impersonator was too loud to actually set the mood. The lamb chop was enough. A nice restaurant with nod to upscale looks and fare, excellent food, and pleasant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EverythingstrawberryVIPDined on 11/21/2014Everything was good this time, even the temperature, it wasn't freezing! The food and drink are always good Steve was great. Service excellent. Loved the sautéed escarole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was 1st classmiloVIPDined on 11/19/2014Service was excellent, server was well versed about wine. We arrived near end of lunch time, but never felt rushed. Eggplant was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy with mediocre foodNancyDined on 11/15/2014To start we were seated at a table with banquet chairs, unlike the majority of the dining room. So from the beginning our table was uncomfortable (and I am visibly pregnant). The food was priced like fine dining but did not taste like it. A panko crusted oyster appetizer (special) was $17.50 but it could have easily been $8.00 or less, not worth it at all. The veal parm was more breading than veal. The homemade canoli was gritty. The shrimp scampi was good, as was the tiramisu cake. For two people to have a bill over $150, the food should be comparable to what you get in the city, and it was not. We were very disappointed. The restaurant is just an open room with lots of tables so it's extremely noisy. Do not go for a romantic dinner.
- Overpriced due to located in hotelSlingsterDined on 11/8/2014Below average dinner. Expensive because its inside the hotel. Showed up ahead of reserved time, seated 20 min late. Ambience not so great. Don't waste your money. I spent $160 for 3 and ended up picking up pizza pm my way home just to feel full. Not worth it.
- Never disappointedWTK629Dined on 11/8/2014My third visit to this establishment and each time seems to get better. Other than being quite loud and difficult to hold private conversations I would not hesitate to tell even the most finicky of patrons about this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!FindingwishesVIPDined on 11/6/2014The food is delicious - lovingly prepared with wonderful fresh ingredients! You must it taste it to believe it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bevyDined on 11/5/2014Food was very good and wait staff was very attentive. A slight wait for appetizers to arrive though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousColleenDined on 11/5/2014Once again we enjoyed our dinner at Ralph's. They are consistent with great specials and attentive service. Food is fresh and prepared as ordered. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Love it...Incrdible food ! Service is always " right on" , expansive menu. Wine a little pricy though .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine.DinerDined on 10/25/2014Have been here 4 times. The food is average. Nothing special. Service was good. Waiter was courteous and knowledgable. We were there with a group of friends. The waitress was patient and did rush us at all. Allowed us to stay until closing. So in that respect it was a good restaurant. However, the food is strictly average.Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceReneeDined on 10/25/2014The food is delicious and the service is great. The staff seems to know a lot about the dishes and can give good recommendations.Special Features:
- Enjoyable but not South PhillyItalianFoodieDined on 10/25/2014We were a group of 4. The food was outstanding, the service good. Make it a little bit more authentic looking, play some Sinatra in the background, anything would be improvement as far as ambiance goes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElgeeDined on 10/25/2014To begin with, the service staff was excellent & attentive. The drinks ordered from the bar were disappointingly weak especially for the cost. The most unpleasant item was the seating in the couch type tables which were like sitting in a hole & needing a child's seat for a lift which made it uncomfortable to eat the dinner. Also disappointed with the dress code for a Saturday evening meal @ an upper scale restaurant - might as well have eaten at a local diner.Special Features:
- Just keeps getting better!Foodiesx2VIPDined on 10/25/2014Ralph's has become a favorite!Staff is friendly,accommodating and remembers some of our preferences.Food is excellent.Caprese salad was the best I have ever had-perfect buffalo mozzarella with delicious red and yellow tomatoes.Caesar salad was perfectly crisp tender and flavorful.Husband had the veal special-tender medallions in a delicious sauce,and the waiter said he would keep a record of what it was so that they can make it for my husband again!I am vegetarian-chef made the penne Arrabiata for me without the shrimp:generous portion, very tasty and with the spiciness I like from the long hots (if you prefer milder ask for fewer long hots).We are early diners,and the place filled up quickly. Seems that it is becoming a hot spot!Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the hotel?kopknowthemallDined on 10/21/2014I have traveled for work and leisure for the past 3 decades. I have learned that usually, you need to leave the hotel to find a good meal. Hotels make beds, not great food. Ralph's in the Sheraton is definitely an exception. I bring family and co-workers alike to this excellent venue.Special Features:
- FjasonVIPDined on 10/19/2014I expected more. veal parm was good. not great but good. mussels were without flavor and really small. for a place that is supposed to specialize in italian, very disappointed. i could have done this at home
- WilllarVIPDined on 10/18/2014Awesome experience. Food was great, service wonderful. Terrific place:) second time to this resturant and better than the first.Special Features:
- DinnersanskidsDined on 10/18/2014Ralph's is phenomenal. The food is exceptional, without being pretentious. The service is impeccable, while still personable and warm. My only complaint is the noise level at night. It's not a distracting volume but it does interfere with my desire to hear Sinatra crooning the classics. My complaint, however, will not keep me away from Ralph's. There are too many scrumptious choices on the menu I have yet to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hospitalityworkerDined on 10/8/2014I am in the food service business and have been for 25 years. I will tell you that the entire experience was Wonderful The food was great and the SERVICE was top rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small upcharge?QuincyVIPDined on 10/7/2014My husband ordered eggplant Parmesan and was told it came with his choice of pasta or a vegetable. When he asked for Alfredo sauce on his pasta he was told there would be a small up charge, to which he agreed. The "small up charge" was eight dollars which in our opinion was not small and actually ridiculous considering his whole meal was only $15. In addition, my chicken Parmesan came out cold and had to be sent back twice - the first time they tried to heat it they just put hot sauce on top.
- One & done - Never AgainbootskDined on 10/3/2014I called Ralphs in advance to ask if they offered any garlic / gluten free options for me, they insisted that they could accommodate. I wanted to try someplace new and romantic for my husband and I. The waiter was extremely rude when I asked him for gluten/garlic options. He actually made me feel uncomfortable. I did end up ordering Chicken Marasala (I couldn't have any vegetables since they were all soaked in garlic or pasta, which they offered no gluten free choices.) My husband and I chalked this experience up to "One & Done". We live very close but will never dine there again. The room was very loud anyway and detracted from the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Special AttentionWalter1VIPDined on 10/3/2014They did a very nice job and even cooked a special appetizer for me that brought back memories from my childhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterVIPDined on 9/30/2014Not nearly as good as 9th St. Service was great, place is beautiful, food is not great.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Don't make it here nearly enough. Every time we do though, it's a beautiful meal and were made to feel like they're so happy to see us. Definitely will be returning sooner and more often. Best veal and meatballs anywhere. Thanks ralphs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Went for a lovely Sunday late lunch for end of restaurant week. Everything was perfect. Great menu, great value, great service. Tried a type of gnocchi I never had before with Gorgonzola. May have been best pasta dish of my life, and I get pasta everywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MainlineDInerDined on 9/28/2014This place just keeps getting better and better. It was fun to have a drink and watch the football games before our meal. The staff here are real people and not robots, so they would actually interact with us during and about the games. Personality goes a long way towards service. Food speaks for itself. Amazing just like south philly. Very much needed in KOP and suburbs area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014When I made the reservation through Open Table from the Main Line Restaurant Week website, I thought we would be having the Restaurant Week menu. However, when we arrived, we were told that the menu was not being offered on Saturday night. While my husband and I have dined at Ralph's many times in the past, we had invited 4 others to join us for this special menu. We were offered coffee and dessert as compensation and the food and service were excellent as usual. But it was certainly very disappointing and embarrassing that this was not noted on the website especially since we were bringing some friends that had previously not been to Ralph's. I would ask that in the future such exceptions be noted on the website. Thank you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth the PricedateDined on 9/27/2014The food was average, and the service was low to below average. It seemed like we had three different servers but none of them talked to each other. At one ppoint it seemed two were arguing because one didn't take the empty wine glass off the table when he went to get a new one. Not sure it that some sort of code letting the other two know that our drinks are being taken care of. Any way, there are better places to go when you are spending $100 for dinner.
- Main line restaurant weekDisappointedDined on 9/27/2014Went on Saturday night for dinner during restaurant week. They would not honor the special. Many diners were there asking for it and were turned to the regular menu. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Whats not to loveMommaknowsDined on 9/27/2014We had an exceptional meal at Ralphs in King of Prussia. We started with the roasted peppers and fresh mozzarella - large enough to share. I ordered the Sea Bass made with the white wine, olives and capers ( not the red sauce which was also an option) ...moist, flavorful and instead of pasta I had broccoli with garlic. Relatively figure friendly. My husband had the veal chop and pasta. Our friend had dietary restrictions. The waiter was knowledgeable of the ingredients in each dish and helpful in selecting the best one for her. The staff was attentive, but not intrusive. Parking was easy. All in all....great night out...close to home ...a win win!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ralph's of South Philly KofPTALingDined on 9/27/2014Very nice, though many have said South Philly is much nicer. Family had a very good time.
- ReneeDined on 9/26/2014Food was delicious. Atmosphere was fabulous. Wait staff was great! Friendly and professional. Will go again.Special Features:
- Needs an experienced ManagerBizlunchVIPDined on 9/26/2014As a fan of the original, I was extremely disappointed Food was good, but the service was slow and confused. There didn't seem to be a manager on duty and it showed. .
- Not Very GoodGr8brtDined on 9/25/2014We went to Ralph's during restaurant week special. $30 fixed price for 3 courses. Roasted peppers and Caesar salad were good but meal went downhill from there. Although portion size was good Calamari and mussels we too spicy and too much pepper. No sauce for the calamari. Main course of veal parm was over breaded and over cooked. Gnocchi with Gorgonzola was over powering. Wine over priced. Positive note service was great.
- Missed the charm of South PhillyMmeBVIPDined on 9/25/2014We recently tried Ralph's in K of P for the first time. Physically, we missed the charm of the South Philadelphia restaurant. We were first seated at a table with one chair and a banquette that was so low we could not remain there. The service was excellent and they did try and accommodate us graciously. The food was, overall, very good. The shrimp scampi was delicious. My husband enjoyed the lentil soup, rum cake and peppers and sausage. However, the side of broccoli rabb he ordered was very poor and he had to send it back. Once again, the waiter was very helpful. With all of the fine Italian restaurants in the suburbs, we will probably not return. However, if you are staying at the Sheraton, I would not hesitate to eat there.Special Features:
- Great MealgrexisDined on 9/23/2014We visited Ralph's during restaurant week sept 14. Good food, great service. I liked the jazz type music playing. Made for a nice atmosphere. Food was pretty good.Special Features:
- Business LunchLongtimeOTVIPVIPDined on 9/23/2014Excelent menu of salads and entrees but we went with two sandwich selections. We were pleased with the Chicken Caprese and Roast Pork with provolone and roasted peppers. The accompanying potato chips looked liked the went through a chipper but they were fresh so no big deal. Looking forward to trying them for dinner.Special Features:
- GoodPickyEaterDined on 9/22/2014Overall I think it was good. There wasn't anything exceptional about it, but it was a great place for a lunch meeting. The pasta was very good, but if you are particular about your Tiramisu this is not the place for it. It was quite dry and lacked flavor.Special Features:
- Chicken MarsalaRoseandMikeVIPDined on 9/20/2014The Chicken dishes are excellent, my fiance loves the Chickne Marsal. He orders it everytime we go even though he loves the veal and seafood dishes they have also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.