Ralph's of South Philly - King of Prussia
480 N. Gulph Road
King Of Prussia, PA 19406Neighborhood:
King of Prussia
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ralph's of South Philly - King of Prussia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ralphsofsouthphilly.com/
- Phone: 4842381990
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Fri - Sat: 11:00 am - 1:00 am
Sun: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Barone
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Ralph's of South Philly - King of Prussia
The new restaurant concept will be a contemporary version of the original. Grounded with the style of Italian cooking we are all familiar with, the restaurant will feature many "Ralph's Classics," as well as new dishes with a modern twist. This unique combination will make Ralph's of South Philly the perfect compliment to Sheraton Valley Forge's sleek yet cozy atmosphere. The new restaurant will offer premium dining and a full-service bar with its own substantial food menu and an extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Ralph's of South Philly - King of Prussia - Best Restaurants in King of Prussia ›
Ralph's of South Philly - King of Prussia reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)good for groups (42)fit for foodies (42)romantic (31)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Don't make it here nearly enough. Every time we do though, it's a beautiful meal and were made to feel like they're so happy to see us. Definitely will be returning sooner and more often. Best veal and meatballs anywhere. Thanks ralphs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Went for a lovely Sunday late lunch for end of restaurant week. Everything was perfect. Great menu, great value, great service. Tried a type of gnocchi I never had before with Gorgonzola. May have been best pasta dish of my life, and I get pasta everywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MainlineDInerDined on 9/28/2014This place just keeps getting better and better. It was fun to have a drink and watch the football games before our meal. The staff here are real people and not robots, so they would actually interact with us during and about the games. Personality goes a long way towards service. Food speaks for itself. Amazing just like south philly. Very much needed in KOP and suburbs area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014When I made the reservation through Open Table from the Main Line Restaurant Week website, I thought we would be having the Restaurant Week menu. However, when we arrived, we were told that the menu was not being offered on Saturday night. While my husband and I have dined at Ralph's many times in the past, we had invited 4 others to join us for this special menu. We were offered coffee and dessert as compensation and the food and service were excellent as usual. But it was certainly very disappointing and embarrassing that this was not noted on the website especially since we were bringing some friends that had previously not been to Ralph's. I would ask that in the future such exceptions be noted on the website. Thank you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth the PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014The food was average, and the service was low to below average. It seemed like we had three different servers but none of them talked to each other. At one ppoint it seemed two were arguing because one didn't take the empty wine glass off the table when he went to get a new one. Not sure it that some sort of code letting the other two know that our drinks are being taken care of. Any way, there are better places to go when you are spending $100 for dinner.
- Main line restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Went on Saturday night for dinner during restaurant week. They would not honor the special. Many diners were there asking for it and were turned to the regular menu. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Whats not to loveMommaknowsDined on 9/27/2014We had an exceptional meal at Ralphs in King of Prussia. We started with the roasted peppers and fresh mozzarella - large enough to share. I ordered the Sea Bass made with the white wine, olives and capers ( not the red sauce which was also an option) ...moist, flavorful and instead of pasta I had broccoli with garlic. Relatively figure friendly. My husband had the veal chop and pasta. Our friend had dietary restrictions. The waiter was knowledgeable of the ingredients in each dish and helpful in selecting the best one for her. The staff was attentive, but not intrusive. Parking was easy. All in all....great night out...close to home ...a win win!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ralph's of South Philly KofPTALingDined on 9/27/2014Very nice, though many have said South Philly is much nicer. Family had a very good time.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Food was delicious. Atmosphere was fabulous. Wait staff was great! Friendly and professional. Will go again.Special Features:
- Needs an experienced ManagerBizlunchVIPDined on 9/26/2014As a fan of the original, I was extremely disappointed Food was good, but the service was slow and confused. There didn't seem to be a manager on duty and it showed. .
- Not Very GoodGr8brtDined on 9/25/2014We went to Ralph's during restaurant week special. $30 fixed price for 3 courses. Roasted peppers and Caesar salad were good but meal went downhill from there. Although portion size was good Calamari and mussels we too spicy and too much pepper. No sauce for the calamari. Main course of veal parm was over breaded and over cooked. Gnocchi with Gorgonzola was over powering. Wine over priced. Positive note service was great.
- Missed the charm of South PhillyMmeBVIPDined on 9/25/2014We recently tried Ralph's in K of P for the first time. Physically, we missed the charm of the South Philadelphia restaurant. We were first seated at a table with one chair and a banquette that was so low we could not remain there. The service was excellent and they did try and accommodate us graciously. The food was, overall, very good. The shrimp scampi was delicious. My husband enjoyed the lentil soup, rum cake and peppers and sausage. However, the side of broccoli rabb he ordered was very poor and he had to send it back. Once again, the waiter was very helpful. With all of the fine Italian restaurants in the suburbs, we will probably not return. However, if you are staying at the Sheraton, I would not hesitate to eat there.Special Features:
- Great MealgrexisDined on 9/23/2014We visited Ralph's during restaurant week sept 14. Good food, great service. I liked the jazz type music playing. Made for a nice atmosphere. Food was pretty good.Special Features:
- Business LunchLongtimeOTVIPVIPDined on 9/23/2014Excelent menu of salads and entrees but we went with two sandwich selections. We were pleased with the Chicken Caprese and Roast Pork with provolone and roasted peppers. The accompanying potato chips looked liked the went through a chipper but they were fresh so no big deal. Looking forward to trying them for dinner.Special Features:
- GoodPickyEaterDined on 9/22/2014Overall I think it was good. There wasn't anything exceptional about it, but it was a great place for a lunch meeting. The pasta was very good, but if you are particular about your Tiramisu this is not the place for it. It was quite dry and lacked flavor.Special Features:
- Chicken MarsalaRoseandMikeVIPDined on 9/20/2014The Chicken dishes are excellent, my fiance loves the Chickne Marsal. He orders it everytime we go even though he loves the veal and seafood dishes they have also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recap of our date nightOurFamilyDined on 9/20/2014This was my wife and I's second trip to Ralphs. I can probably say we won't be back. The atmosphere was just OK--it was a mix between hotel and outside guests. The noise level was a bit loud with a very faint background music. The food was good overall except for my chicken marsala which was too creamy/rich. Service was OK. Overall, not worth the $100+ bill.
- DinnerDine26Dined on 9/20/2014The service was excellent and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Even better than before.Foodiesx2VIPDined on 9/20/2014We had been to Ralph's a few times before and had god food, but everything seemed to have been even better this time! There were alo more vegetarian items than I remembered. My husband really loved the Veal saltimbocca -saying it was one of the best veal dishes he had ever had. I had the cheese plate, whcih really was enough for a dinner entree - good variey and very delicious. Broccoli rabe was definitely more tender than on prior visits. Ralph's is close to so many things - we will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supper ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The Crooner singing Sinatra standards in the bar was very talented, but the music was a too loud for intimate conversation. Good for a festive night out, but you will need to restrict your romantic moments to the time between sets. Food was very decent, but not exceptional--although we stuck with the "classic" menu imported from the original South Philly restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Everything was great except the live music was too loud. Found it difficult to have conversation without raising our voices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentEattoliveDined on 9/16/2014We were celebrating our 36th anniversary which was noted on our open table reservation. It was not mentioned by any of the staff. Initially we were seated at a banquet where the table was way to high for the seat and we requested to be moved. They moved us to a busy aisle where servers constantly walked by the table, so it was too close and uncomfortable. It took at least 15 minutes to get our drinks. Clearly, the waiter was new and overwhelmed. Once we ordered it took at least 20 minutes to get our first course. Ralph's should never make a beet salad. The dressing was tasteless and I had a ton of water on the plate-as if they washed the greens and forgot to drain them. The main courses were better. Would not go back ever.
- Highly RecommendedCindyPDined on 9/14/2014This was our 5th or 6th experience at Ralph's, but we brought along friends who were there for the first time. They were greatly impressed with the ambiance and the attentiveness of our waiter, But more importantly, they were thrilled with the delicious authentic Italian food. We had Chilean Sea bass (my all-time favorite), Shrimp Arrabbiatta, Veal Chop, and Veal Scalopinni. It was delicious and plenty to eat.Special Features:
- Glad to see Ralph's at KOP areaSalJunebug1VIPDined on 9/13/2014We have been to the original Ralph's in South Philly several times and have always enjoyed it. So When I was looking for an italian restaurant in the KOP area and Ralph's of South Philly KOP came up, I was intrigued. We enjoyed our meal very much! Our Waiter was attentive. I like that this restaurant has a more contemporary feel and the location is right near KOP mall in the Sheraton. There were three of us in the party. We had two salads to start: the beet salad and caprese. I had the bolognese pasta, my husband had chicken Sorrento, and our son had Pasta alfredo. Everything was very delicious and portions were good size. Location is very close to the KOP mall. We'll be back...Special Features:
- Excellent MealKF65MDined on 9/12/2014Great food great service. Could be the best calamari I have ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDebrepVIPDined on 9/11/2014You feel like part of the family when you dine at Ralph's. From their impeccable service to their fabulous food, it is always a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time not last timeSamJudyDined on 9/6/2014Service, ambiance, and food were fantastic. My wife and I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014This was our sixth visit to Ralph's King of Prussia, and once again it was wonderful. Our first time on a Firday night...great music! We will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Never fails to satisfy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014As always, the food was outstanding and I had some visitors from Australia who joined us. They had states that it was tone of the best Italian restaurants they've ever been to.Special Features:
- Over priced, inconsistent food prepRichVIPDined on 9/3/2014For a restaurant located inside a hotel (Sheraton) the design and ambiance of Ralph's was nice. However the waitstaff was not on par with what the restaurant intends to be. The menu pricing calls for a more refined server than Ralph's staff has. The food was very inconsistent a side order of pasta (spaghetti with olive oil and garlic) had to be sent back twice because the garlic was burnt inedibly. Two veal dishes were passable but underwhelming. The highlight was a chocolate cake desert. Even their signature "homemade cannoli" was lacking. I will not be back.
- Will Be BackBabsDined on 8/23/2014It was our first time and we will be back. We were seated promtly to a nice table. Servers were very good. Good wine list. Our food was great. We both had great salads and the veal parm. Portions on the veal were soo large we took home for another meal.No one rushed you and we enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian?Looking4greatDined on 8/22/2014My sea bass was delicious but my husband ordered a pasta and it really wasn't very good. The singer was good.Special Features:
- Love this placeShpnxsDined on 8/20/2014Consistently great service and great food. I am never disappointed :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Consistently good food and service. We have been to both Ralph's locations and both are wonderful.Special Features:
- DisappointmentSunny7Dined on 8/17/2014Food was awful. Came out cold. Will never go there again.
- Very good foodBarbDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed the food very much and had a good waiter (Andrew). It is inside a hotel so no outside light and a bit dark. Website should indicate that it is in the hotel...was a bit hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014We went to Ralph's on a Saturday night - we were a party of 6 - and it was very lively. The food was delicious, everyone in our party enjoyed their meal (pasta, chicken parm, manicotti). The only down side was the noise level. There were two large parties at the restaurant and we had trouble hearing each other over the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianeDisappointedInKOPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I decided to try Ralph's to celebrate my birthday. The food was very good. I was disappointed that the waiter never came back to our table while we were eating to ask if our meal was OK of if we needed anything. After delivering our meal, he did not come to the table again until after our meal was cleared from the table. The restaurant was not busy, and he only had one other table of 2, so there is no reason for us to be ignored. I expected better service from Ralph's. I remember going to Ralph's in South Philly as a kid and we had superb service there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bday dinnerAndreDined on 8/12/2014I went with my wife, mother in law and two little kids for my birthday. Food was excellent as usual and the service was too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing this time aroundShoeluverDined on 7/31/2014Went to Ralph's last year for my sister's birthday with a group of girls and it was great. Went this year with my husband for my birthday and was disappointed. The food was still great but the service was lacking and the loud rowdy group next to us made it hard for us to even talk and be able to hear each other. Disappointing for a special night.Special Features: