Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
1590 South Disneyland Dr.
Anaheim, CA 92802Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rbjazzkitchen.com/
- Phone: 7147765200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Darrin Finkel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen boasts festive, 'Big Easy themed' private party facilities and comprehensive event planning services. From our mouthwatering Louisiana cuisine to the live jazz played at Flambeaux's every night, every detail of Jazz Kitchen delivers on the promise of New Orleans! Jazz Kitchen's seasoned staff caters to your every event planning need, and we specialize in Convention Group Lunches and Dinners, Customer Appreciation and Incentive events, Client Receptions, Wedding's, Birthday's and Anniversary's, Award Dinners, All-Day Meetings, and more! Whether you are wining and dining 10 or 600 guests, Jazz Kitchen's courteous & professional staff will provide a uniquely unforgettable experience.
- Private Party Contact: Sales & Special Events Team 7145637261
- Entertainment: Live nightly music in the Flambeaux Room ranging from solo players to full jazz bands!
A word from Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen is a one-of-a-kind, independent restaurant delivering an authentic New Orleans dining experience. From our mouthwatering Louisiana cuisine to our festive 'Big Easy' themed decor, every detail of Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen delivers on the promise of New Orleans. Located in Downtown Disney District, this two story replica of traditional French Quarter architecture includes an open air interior courtyard flanked by a quick service dining facility and a New Orleans style jazz club. Upstairs you'll find casual-fine dining presented in whimsical New Orleans style dining rooms and an exterior Jazz Balcony overlooking the revelry of the Downtown Disney District. Our chefs proudly serve the finest indigenous Louisiana ingredients and have peppered the celebrated well seasoned flavors of New Orleans cooking throughout our menus. Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen accepts lunch, dinner reservations and offers private party facilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (76)special occasion (72)kid-friendly (51)good for groups (50)hot spot (35)romantic (35)scenic view (32)fit for foodies (32)great for lunch (31)great for brunch (21)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (13)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (5)Show More
- AlmostHoundstoothchickDined on 9/13/2014I had the Horsradish Salmon and my friend had the Jambalaya. The tastes were amost there. The food was well cooked. I would have preferred more flavor tho. My first time here in Downtown Disney. Very fun area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceelliquinnDined on 9/13/2014We had yet another great experience at the Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney. We have dined here several times and have yet to have a less than stellar experience. The food is excellent, the service is fantastic and friendly and you can't beat the ambience. We always request to dine on the terrace so we can enjoy the energy of the Downtown foot traffic, as well as watch the lights as they come on. I highly recommend this as a great date night or couples dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!MeereepDined on 9/12/2014Had the shrimp and grits, a must-try! The cornbread and beignets are to die for. The service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeAdventuredateDined on 9/10/2014Im the service was superb and the food was fantastic. Only critique I had was the drinks seemed really watered down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/7/2014Music way too loud to have dinner conversation. For price, meal should include salad.
- Jazz KitchenDelightedDinerDined on 9/5/2014This restaurant was phenomenal! We went on a Friday night when they had a live jazz band playing which made the night even more special. The service was incredible, especially considering how crowded the restaurant was. The ambiance is perfect and I even felt like I was in Louisiana for a night! Highly recommend this restaurant if you love New Orleans or have never experienced it and are in Disney!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I am a senior citizen with physical challenges. I found the chairs to be uncomfortable. Because of arthritis, I have to push and pull up from my chair. Chairs look strong but are made out of plastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Slow ServiceDondeMisChurroVIPDined on 8/31/2014We recently had lunch at the restaurant and the service was extremely slow. It took over an hour and a half to get through lunch. When our food came out, some of the entrées were cold or luke warm as well. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Poor representation of Brennan'sRoadWarriorAZVIPDined on 8/31/2014Yes, this is a tourist place, and I should not have had high expectations, but it had the Brennan's name, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, the service was frantic and slow at the same time--it took a long time to get seated, then drinks, then food. My water glass was empty a couple times. My server would disappear and when she returned, she seemed really stressed out. Observing other tables, one server seemed to be openly at odds with her buser. The gumbo was good, but the rest of the food--chicken and waffles, chicken fried steak, cheese bread, bloody mary--were average. I guess the positive thing I can say is that the servings were large. Expensive and disappointing.
- ehhh...ehhhhhDined on 8/30/2014The food was decent.. Nothing spectacular. I had the jambalaya with rice. . It was ok.. The seasonings they put in their foods are mainly generic.. Nothing you can't buy from your neighborhood grocer (salt, pepper, etc). Our server wasn't bad just forgetful most of the time.. The prices are based on location at disney. Not upscale or fine dining but still fine dining prices.. people were there straight from disneyland. They do nothing special for your bday (our occasion for going).
- Delicious New Orleans FarelucypyeDined on 8/30/2014The menu has a good selection of classic New Orleans food (jambalaya, po' boy, grits, etc.), but the best part is the dessert selection. The souffle needs to be ordered 20 minutes ahead of time, but all the desserts are amazing--especially the Bananas Foster! Don't skip it!Special Features:
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Great food especially the shrimp and grits. Wonderful service and a New Orleans feel. Love the live jazz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was fantastic, service was above average, I would definitely recommend eating here if you're in the area. Great for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent.CheleDined on 8/22/2014They have a band that plays so if you're looking for something quiet this is not the place. Great live music. I highly recommend making reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South in the MouthOCPD44Dined on 8/22/2014Great food and service sum it up. A little bit of loosiana in Downtown Disney. Our server treated us like we were the only ones in the room. The wife's salmon was absolutely huge accompanied by crab fritters. My filet mignon was rare without being raw (perfect). Theberry-merlot demi-glaze was a perfect accompaniment. The blue cheese potato stack was different and delicious as well. Try the bread pudding for dessert. I was dissapointed a bit in the bar. Although they did have Hendricks gin, the server and bartender had a hard time understanding what a gibson is. I wound up with a martini instead. Other than that, a great meal and time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLearning2DineDined on 8/21/2014Made a reservation, as we were from Canada, and they were ready for us when we arrived. We wanted a place that had atmosphere, theme and fun music as we dined. The Jazz Kitchen did not disappoint us. We both tried something off of their mnu that we have never tried before and were very happy with the choices. So much so we went there the following night when another place close by and across the way was a huge disappointment. Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen lives up to its reputation and we will be back next time we visit the area.Special Features:
- Great timenittanycolonialVIPDined on 8/20/2014My girl and I were looking for something in the Downtown Disney area that was a little more "dressy" than the standard family fare. This restaurant fit the bill perfectly! The food was amazing with very good service. Plus, the patio seating provides for a lot of people watching and we really enjoyed that. I would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but touristyRobSVIPDined on 8/19/2014How can it not be touristy as it is steps from Disneyland and in Downtown Disney. With that said, I wish the Disney level of customer service would have rubbed off more on them. They erred on 2 of our 6 main dishes and while they "fixed" them and gave us a free dessert, it took them a lot of time to do so. The food is consistently good but not spectacular and predictable. We've been several times as it's a good place for kids that's not Rainforest Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceMaui2OCDined on 8/18/2014We loved the 3 course meal presented as a soup/salad, choice of entree from three meals that were excellent, and dessert...good wine list and even though the place was packed, we got attentive service from our waiter and servers. Can't wait to eat there again!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious! New favorite place!WendyDined on 8/18/2014We have dined here twice and both times were excellent! First time we ate upstairs on the balcony which was perfect! Weather was great! I ordered the blackened halibut which was delicious! (catch of the day, and my husband got the pot roast which was also wonderful. They have since changed their menu, so catch of the day and pot roast is no longer on the menu) The 2nd time we dined here, I got the blackened swordfish and my husband got the Smothered New York Steak. Both were delicious! Both times we ordered the Double Chocolate Bread Pudding. Our server brought it and broke open a hole in the center and poured chocolate ganache in the center and then drizzled white chocolate ganache over the top. Sinfully delicious.Special Features:
- Ralph Brennan's Jazz KitchenfunstuffDined on 8/16/2014This place is amazing, my boyfriend is a big Jazz fan and I had been looking for somewhere special to take him for his birthday. The Jazz Kitchen did not disappoint. Great ambiance with a live band, and the service is great!!! The staff goes out of their way to accommodate their guest's as best they can. I want to thank our server Mae for the great experience, and for making out celebration fantastic.Special Features:
- Fun at the Jazz KitchenletshavefunDined on 8/16/2014Excellent and caring service......and, the food is delicious! Outdoor dining, whether on the ground level or on the veranda, was delightful. The outdoor live entertainment added to the ambiance. We stopped by the indoor bar/lounge afterwards to hear a New Orleans style blues combo performing...........very nice. Would definitely recommend this place fore a lovely evening with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cajun,Creole and Soul FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food here is fantastic. The service was helpful and very attentive. The live band makes everything much better. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceshooting17momDined on 8/15/2014Second visit to Brennan's and was better than the first!! Had dining room seating which availed us to the enjoyment of the live music. Dining experience was fantastic.Special Features:
- Always a hit with the familySluggo14Dined on 8/9/2014We visit Disneyland on average once per year. We always plan a night at Brennan's. Within the confines of the dining options of Downtown Disney we find Brennan's to stand out as a place for good food, lively atmosphere and fun for both our kids (as pre teens and teens) and adults. While you always pay a premium for dining options in Disney, we find this restaurant to have the best value among the higher end options. All the traditional Cajun fare plus a range of other options for those that do not like traditional New Orleans food. I had the $35 3 course meal that came with Red Beans and Rice soup, Andouille & Pretzel Crusted Pork Loin, Goat cheese mashed potatoes. Dessert was bread pudding. Good portions, good service, good fun.Special Features:
- The Jazz & the Kitchen are greatswingkidDined on 8/5/2014You have to deal with the crowds of being at Downtown Disney. Once we sat down inside though, the live entertainment in the form of a piano player / singer from New Orlenes drown out the chaos of the crowds outside. The food was excellent. They have vegetarian and vegan options that aren't on the menu, so ask your server if you are interested in those options. Our server was very helpful. We enjoyed the live music as well. This is not a place for a quick meal if you are in a hurry while at the Disney parks. If it were located elsewhere I would guess there would be more of a feel of a fine dining experience. Being in the Disney complex it does not have that feel, and I would say it is kid friendly due to its location also.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014My two daughters and three grandchildren arrived early for our weekend trip to Disneyland so we strolled downtown Disney while waiting for our room. Berowsing menu, my grandson had remembered seeing the Sunday Brunch. So on our way home we decided to try it. We were all very pleased that we did! We each had something different so ve could try many different things! It was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- btranVIPDined on 7/30/2014All of the staff (especially our server) were great. They were attentive, friendly, and awesome with the kids which is not something you find at most places. The light up kids cups were a nice surprise as well, they loved them! I was really impressed with the service and the prix fixe dinner menu and $9.99 kids menu were a better deal than I expected. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodeatsDined on 7/26/2014Great food, fun jazz band that plays as part of dinner. Very friendly and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- izzyDined on 7/23/2014Our friends like to eat here when visiting Disneyland, so we decided to check it out. Good place to eat New Orleans' food. Pretty good selection of food. The Bananas Fosters prepared tableside were delicious! They have seating inside and outside. The tables inside were a little too close together. Live music performed by a jazz pianist added to the atmosphere. Our server was pretty good, but we did have to wait for a while for her to bring back our to-go boxes. Overall, it was a pretty good experience. I would go back again if I wanted New Orleans' style food or maybe check out their Express Cafe next door.Special Features:
- Yummy!lovegoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014Took a friend here for her birthday and everything was great! There was even a small Jazz group that played while we had brunch.Special Features:
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014The food was very very expensive but it was delicious!! I wish I could afford to eat there more than once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!!RMackDined on 7/16/2014The Jazz Kitchen is officially on my 'must-do' list when I visit the Disney Resort area. Food was incredible and everyone enjoyed it and ate their fill including my 10 year old boy and 14 year old girl and my picky husband! They really know how to properly season and flavor the food and not everyone who serves this food can do it! Amber, our waitress, was incredibly attentive in a packed-out restaurant (we were never forgotten) and someone I believe to be a manager even came out to ask how we were enjoying ourselves. Pianist was excellent and played some great music. We came back on our way out of town to get bignets from the Jazz Kitchen Express and those were great as well. 5 stars all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2014Spend the day at Disneyland and then have an amazing dinner at the Jazz Kitchen on the patio overlooking Dwo! Love this place!!Special Features:
- YummyCm73Dined on 7/10/2014Jazz Kitchen is a great place to eat if you like New Orleans inspired food. It's not authentic but it's still good and the service is always fantastic. They offer indoor and patio seating, and there's live music inside during dinner and brunch. Order the Bananas Foster for dessert. They make it right in front of you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the heart of DisneylandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014Fun atmosphere . Food was pretty good. Not amazing but happy with it considering we were in Disneyland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something newsomethingnewDined on 7/5/2014This is always a fun spot to go for something different....appetizers are great but entrees a bit salty. The ambiance is fun...on the patio watching people stroll by....Downtown Disney....and fireworks in perfect view or the bar with their nightly live jazz band....and always friendly staff.Special Features:
- Good timesAthiry1988Dined on 7/3/2014Came for my birthday dinner and the staff was wonderful! Very attentive and friendly! I got my birthday beignets with a candle! Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice option in Disneymbenson2Dined on 7/1/2014The food here is very good. It is somewhat a typical Downtown Disney type of place but food is definitely better quality. Prices are a little high but it is Disney. Shrimp and Grits were excellent. Service is a little rushed and they try to sell you pictures they take but overall a good choice for a nice meal without leaving the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed With FoodRrayonDined on 6/29/2014The Gnocchi was so salty, it couldn't be eaten. A medium steak came out well done & a blackened Halibut was overcooked so it was dry. Overall, not good especially for what I paid.