Ralph & Kacoo's
519 Toulouse Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ralph & Kacoo's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ralphandkacoos.com/
- Phone: (504) 522-5226
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11 AM - 10 PM
Friday - Saturday 11 AM - 11 PM
Sunday 11 AM - 9 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Dwight Sherman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Here is just some of what we have to offer:
CREOLE CRAB CAKES
Our special version of crab cakes, served with New Orleans style remoulade sauce.
SMALL $ 44.95 LARGE $ 75.95
Our large fresh mushroom caps are steamed with butter, white wine and special seasonings. We then stuff them with our special Louisiana lump crabmeat stuffing. A guaranteed crowd pleaser!
SMALL $ 44.95 LARGE $ 89.95
- Private Party Facilities: Ralph and Kacoo's prides itself on its private party rooms. Whether your party is 12, or 250 Ralph and Kacoo's can elegantly accommodate your guests. We have a variety of different styled rooms that fit whatever theme your party is celebrating. The Rodrigue Room is a highly intimate room that can seat up to 30 people. It is surrounded by beautiful green glass and filled with paintings by the famous George Rodrigue.The Mardi Gras Room is bright and colorfully decorated room that reflects the spirit of the New Orleans Mardi Gras. The Captain's Room is brightly lit, and conservative and can seat up to 80. The Toulouse Ballroom, featured on the third floor of our complex has its own private entrance, and features a stunning view of the French Quarter. It seats up to 200.
- Private Party Contact: Darla Downing 5045225226x
- Special Events: We can handle large parties up to 150 for a seated dinner and up to 200 for a buffet dinner.
A word from Ralph & Kacoo's
Ralph & Kacoo's is located in the very heart of the French Quarter, on 519 Toulouse St, right off of Decatur. Our experienced chefs are dedicated to preparing each meal to the classic standard of Louisiana seafood that we've been serving since 1969.Our menu is world famous with popular favorites like Blackened Gator and Crawfish Nachos. Our relaxed, family friendly atmosphere sets the stage for a great dining experience that’s affordable for all (Our kid’s menu starts at only $3.99), friendly and fun! We cater to large parties and events, and we are one of the only restaurant in the French Quarter that can take in large groups of patrons. We can elegantly accommodate a large group of any number and we offer private party rooms for patrons looking to celebrate a wedding, graduation, birthday or other special event at no extra charge to the client.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ralph & Kacoo's - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Ralph & Kacoo's reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (9)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- "Recommended"TasteTesterDined on 11/18/2014Nice place to go with small children: spacious and very accommodating. EXCELLENT service (if you're smart, you'll ask for Keith). Food is good, though a lot of it is deep-fried, with little alternatives, so the health-conscious should be warned. We went on a Tuesday, so we missed the Thursday-Saturday crush (which was fine with us). With 2 baby grand pianos and a large dining area, I'm sure there's a lot of shakin' going on then. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedJentravelDined on 11/15/2014Many years ago we would eat at the original Ralph & Kacoo's on False River in South Louisiana. We have continued to eat at the restaurants through the years, but this was the worse experience ever. We wondered why it was so empty on a Saturday night in New Orleans. Well we found out The food was horrible! I had the Crab Trap an all time favorite of mine. I left most all the food on the plate. And my dozen raw oysters were so small they should have given me at least an extra dozen just to try to equal a true dozen, but they did not. Service was great and the dueling pianos were very entertaining.
- Bachelorette Party DinnerLTMEDined on 11/8/2014Great evening with 8 ladies!! They had dueling pianos and amazing service! Would definitely go back and suggesting it to everyone! Suggest- Stuffed Flounder, Filet, Crab Cakes, and Lobster Bisque!!Special Features:
- Good food and lots of itKDB62Dined on 11/8/2014Great service, the food was very good and the portions are huge.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014We ordered Salads and Appetizers and were served those with our main meal. Other than that it was yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!dellajane07Dined on 11/7/2014We loved it. Great food - nice music - great evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Dualing Piano!!!LovetoWineDined on 11/1/2014We loved this place!! Had a party of 9 people and everyone of all ages enjoyed. Great menu and food! Liz was an excellent server! Dual piano was the icing on the top!! Live music but we could still talk and enjoy eachother!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialBourbonbanditDined on 10/22/2014I was not impressed. In a community with wonderful food my experience was mediocre. The food was nothing more than ok and the service was less than acceptable for the price.
- Kid FriendlyMichelesbVIPDined on 10/22/2014They have a good kids menu, the service was good and the food was good. The Hurricanes are not very strong at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not impressedHope1cajunDined on 10/18/2014After eating at several seafood restaurants in NOLA over a 4 day mini vacay, I was very disappointed to bring my out of town friends here to eat. The fried food seemed to be cooked from frozen and none of the seafood seemed fresh. The Lobster Bisque was too buttery as well. Maybe good for people used to fried from frozen seafood but definitely not the place to go if you want fresh food.
- Best Dinner in NOLAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Were down for 1 week. Best food and service we had the whole time. Kids especially liked the dualing pianists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for foodiesSteveGBoulderVIPDined on 10/12/2014While there are many good reviews, I found the food to be unremarkable at best. Portions were large, but flavors lacking and presentation uninspired. More of a tourist place than I was expecting.
- A must see in The Big Easy!FutureXavierMomDined on 10/12/2014My boss recommended the restaurant for its great food and reasonable prices. He was correct about both! Fantastic menu choices, well-priced to not break your budget, all in an aesthetically pleasing environment. Our server, Joseph (aka Josie) provided impeccable service. What a great way to spend my birthday with my husband and 17 year old daughter. We will definitely return on our next trip to New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and entertainmenttrodent79Dined on 10/3/2014We had the fried green tomatoes with Hollandaise sauce and jumbo lump crab, and the Crawfish Etouffee, and the R&K Gumbo while being entertained by 2 live duelling pianos. A great choice as all the food and music was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & priceAzfoodie2405Dined on 9/30/2014Great quality food at a reasonable price. Great service.Special Features:
- Avoid the fresh oystersSasbearVIPDined on 9/30/2014Maybe it is because I have an English accent that french quarter restaurants think I have no idea what a good oyster tastes like. The oysters were grey and shriveled even though the waiter stated they were freshly shucked. That is not the point.
- dinner after the Saints gameSallySVIPDined on 9/21/2014We went to dinner after the Saints crowd had cleared. The wait staff was exhausted so this isn't a fair review for them. They must have been wiped! The food however could have been better. It was very blah. Salmon, seafood pasta alfredo, they don't need to be tired and uninterested because of a Saints game. I was disappointed considering all of the fabulous other restaurants in the area. I had expected better...Special Features:
- Dinner PartyAshleyGDined on 9/20/2014I reserved a table for 20 of my family after our wedding reception. The food and service was amazing. Everyone loved it and had a great time. I always recommend Ralph & Kacoo's to anyone going to New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Loved the red fish with view carre sauce and the bacon wrapped shrimpSpecial Features:
- DisappointedBuzzDined on 9/4/2014My cousin had recommended this restaurant as the best in New Orleans for local seafood. I ordered the fried platter and found the shrimp to be good, but the three (!) oysters were fried too "hard", the stuffed crab had too much stuffing and not enough crabmeat and there was an over abundance of fried catfish. I have had much better seafood on the coast of South Carolina and had 4-5 better meals in New Orleans after we ate at Ralph and Kacoo's. The service was excellent, the drinks were good, the bread pudding dessert was very good and the restaurant was comfortable and moderately quiet with a live piano singer providing nice music.Special Features:
- JennDined on 8/31/2014I ordered a crab trap with the crab cake being milky and uncooked. The fried soft shell crab and stuffed potato were both only warm indicating that they were not recently prepared. I was so disgusted that I just sent the meal back and did not order anything else. In addition, my bill was $67, but the waiter charged my credit card $94. It was rectified, but an inconvenience.
- Labor Day TreatAlamo6147Dined on 8/29/2014Wife and I spent extended Labor Day weekend and New Orleans. Had reservations and the meal and service were top notch. Our waiter Paul was very friendly and informative. The Coolinary menu was a real treat and a great value. My steak was perfect and the bread pudding was outstanding. Recommend this to all and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Not Impressedluv2dineDined on 8/25/2014The restaurant closed at 10p, we got there before 9p and the chef had the waiter rush us. "As soon as your orders go in the kitchen will be closed!". We had to pay $28 for two regular Margaritas!Special Features:
- Great eveningTheOldProDined on 8/15/2014I have eaten at this venue many times, but we had just an exceptional visit last week. The wait staff was just outstanding and fun. My wife and I were there for dinner, and the food was very good-especially the Redfish Ponchartrain, but the music was just as good. Everyone from manager on down made this dining experience exceptional for the two of us who are already on the wrong side of 65 years old. We loved the experience and interaction along with the food made the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do NOT Eat HereFoodForThoughtVIPDined on 8/6/2014While our food was good, we were COMPLETELY scammed by our server, Liz. She described the night's specials explaining all the preparations and sides that accompanied them. She never indicated that the specials cost more than 3x the other dishes on the menu. We were also charged extra for the supposedly accompanying sides. The "special" part, according to her, was a reduced price. Yet the same dishes on the menu cost about $40 less than what we were charged. Shame on us for not clarifying what the "special" prices would be before we ordered. Shame on you if you don't heed my advice. DO NOT GO HERE! You will be scammed for your money.
- excellent foodrmirgonDined on 8/1/2014So my New Orleans native wife had heard it was just OK. She was wrong, It was excellent. They have excellent music which is a nice touch but it can interfere with conversation. Set in the back and you'll be fine.
- BillJBillJenningsVIPDined on 7/27/2014We picked Ralph & Kacoo's because we wanted good seafood. I had the seafood platter and the fried seafood was good; the french fries were soft and somewhat oily, but, they were not the main attraction so, I didn't mind. However, our waiter insisted that my wife order their signature redfish dish; which she did. She complained that the fish was overcooked, dry and tasteless. I tasted it, as well, and noted that it was dry and tasteless. She complained to the waiter who simply said: "Oh, I'm sorry, that's too bad." and then did nothing by way of any attempt to remedy the situation. The restaurant was not busy and the waiter constantly kept trying to join our conversation in a way that seemed insincere and designed to boost his tip.Special Features:
- The following 621 reviews are from the Ralph & Kacoo's reviews archive.
- Would never ReturnUPSETDined on 7/25/2014had a raw shrimp tail in my drink told the manager he did nothing but offer me a new drink, service was horrible, food was decent but the porportions was horrible.. the restaurant had a strange smell... I WOULD NEVER GO BACK.
- Average Meal, Average ExperienceTravlnEatinDined on 7/24/2014Not every meal is going to be memorable and a food extravaganza. Some meals are just simply nice, average places to eat and Ralph & Kacoos fits in that category for me. The food is average. It isn't outstanding and memorable but it is pretty good. However, there menu consists of a lot of fried options and it may be a wonderful choice for people that enjoy fried seafood. If you are with a large group or have children, R & C is a good choice. Overall, if you are in the French Quarter, Ralph and Kacoo's may be your place if you enjoy a variety of fried seafood options, are with a group or have children in your party. The service was very good.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We went there for dinner and had Paul as our waiter. Outstanding service. Reasonable pricing and large portions of fresh tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicemihkelDined on 7/11/2014Try the grilled shrimp, you won't dissapoint. Service is magnificient alsoSpecial Features:
- Simply deliciousFoodisloveDined on 7/4/2014Food and service EXCELLENT!! I had the redfish pontchartran and my husband ordered the seafood platter. Both were excellent. They also have good rolls. The hush puppies were okay. Tasted more like cornbread balls. Gentlemen playing the pianos added a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst 5th anniversary ever!!!Morgie2011Dined on 7/3/2014Everything started wrong. Server couldn't pay attention to us bc she was focusing on large platter. As I was giving my order, she was looking at them. My entree came 15 minutes before my husband's food. My gumbo came 10 minutes after my entree. The manager made excuses and said how great the server is. Tried to give free dessert. That didn't work as we weren't interested. Waiter dropped check off without so much as a thanks for coming. Manager offered to adjust tab but he didn't keep his word. Very disappointing as Ralph and Kacoo's used to be a staple in the French Quarter. They totally ruined our 5th wedding anniversary and we didn't get so much as a we're sorry. Will not come back.
- Good but not greatGlowormDined on 7/3/2014Good place for NOLA favorites. If you're watching your salt intake, this is nit the place for you. Service was great!Special Features:
- Great food and service!!StacyDined on 7/2/2014I've been in New Orleans for a couple of days and my concierge told me about this place. Great service, food and atmoshere!! You have to get the crawfish nachos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodsmfhDined on 6/19/2014Food was excellent. Everyone at the table had a different dish but all were equally appreciated. Another group from our conference also went. They also loved their food. The one problem was that the waiter had difficulty separating checks correctly. We had to stay for a bit until a manager corrected the problems. It was sometimes difficult to have a conversation because of the loudness of the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour and fresh seafood!AtlfoodiesDined on 6/18/2014Stumbled upon this place for their happy hour and decided to have a late lunch as well. The service was great and the food was superb. Definately suggest stopping in here if you're in New Orleans. I'll be back in November and will certainly make a stop here!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014took my boisterous family to this restaurant because we heard it was good for kids, turned out not to disappoint. would recommend to families and large groups. hush puppies & crayons kept my little ones occupied. they have private dining rooms and when we were there there was what looked to be a wedding party in one of them. festive place, nice atmosphere, good food and great service. looks like they had a good happy hour but as i was with my kiddos i had to pass. next time i get a date night i'd bring my hubs back as their dueling piano show looks like it would be good!Special Features:
- poor represnetation of LA cuisneHappytummyDined on 6/17/2014Ralph & Kacoos has been around forever & I've had good meals there before, NOT last time. We were meeting a couple from out of state for dinner, my husband wanted to go somewhere that we had been before so we would know, (or thought we would know), the quality of food that we were going to be served. We were highly disappointed & a little embarrassed that this was representing Louisiana food, it was bland out of the box flavor. The only saving grace was that the wait staff were very friendly & fun. Our waiter kept us laughing all evening and our bus boy shared his hurricane Katrina experience. I am glad my friends got to meet some local characters, I just wish that they would have been treated to a culinary delight worthy of LA.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Food was good. Great location in the French Quarter. Chose R&K's because of advertised " Dueling Pianos". Not very energetic. Would return for the food but not the entertainment.I would recommend this to a friend.