Ralph & Kacoo's
519 Toulouse Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Ralph & Kacoo's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ralphandkacoos.com/
- Phone: 5045225226x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11 AM - 10 PM
Friday - Saturday 11 AM - 11 PM
Sunday 11 AM - 9 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Dwight Sherman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Here is just some of what we have to offer:
CREOLE CRAB CAKES
Our special version of crab cakes, served with New Orleans style remoulade sauce.
SMALL $ 44.95 LARGE $ 75.95
Our large fresh mushroom caps are steamed with butter, white wine and special seasonings. We then stuff them with our special Louisiana lump crabmeat stuffing. A guaranteed crowd pleaser!
SMALL $ 44.95 LARGE $ 89.95
- Private Party Facilities: Ralph and Kacoo's prides itself on its private party rooms. Whether your party is 12, or 250 Ralph and Kacoo's can elegantly accommodate your guests. We have a variety of different styled rooms that fit whatever theme your party is celebrating. The Rodrigue Room is a highly intimate room that can seat up to 30 people. It is surrounded by beautiful green glass and filled with paintings by the famous George Rodrigue.The Mardi Gras Room is bright and colorfully decorated room that reflects the spirit of the New Orleans Mardi Gras. The Captain's Room is brightly lit, and conservative and can seat up to 80. The Toulouse Ballroom, featured on the third floor of our complex has its own private entrance, and features a stunning view of the French Quarter. It seats up to 200.
- Private Party Contact: Darla Downing 5045225226x
- Special Events: We can handle large parties up to 150 for a seated dinner and up to 200 for a buffet dinner.
A word from Ralph & Kacoo's
Ralph & Kacoo's is located in the very heart of the French Quarter, on 519 Toulouse St, right off of Decatur. Our experienced chefs are dedicated to preparing each meal to the classic standard of Louisiana seafood that we've been serving since 1969.Our menu is world famous with popular favorites like Blackened Gator and Crawfish Nachos. Our relaxed, family friendly atmosphere sets the stage for a great dining experience that’s affordable for all (Our kid’s menu starts at only $3.99), friendly and fun! We cater to large parties and events, and we are one of the only restaurant in the French Quarter that can take in large groups of patrons. We can elegantly accommodate a large group of any number and we offer private party rooms for patrons looking to celebrate a wedding, graduation, birthday or other special event at no extra charge to the client.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ralph & Kacoo's reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (24)special occasion (16)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (11)romantic (8)great for lunch (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Dinner PartyAshleyGDined on 9/20/2014I reserved a table for 20 of my family after our wedding reception. The food and service was amazing. Everyone loved it and had a great time. I always recommend Ralph & Kacoo's to anyone going to New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Loved the red fish with view carre sauce and the bacon wrapped shrimpSpecial Features:
- DisappointedBuzzDined on 9/4/2014My cousin had recommended this restaurant as the best in New Orleans for local seafood. I ordered the fried platter and found the shrimp to be good, but the three (!) oysters were fried too "hard", the stuffed crab had too much stuffing and not enough crabmeat and there was an over abundance of fried catfish. I have had much better seafood on the coast of South Carolina and had 4-5 better meals in New Orleans after we ate at Ralph and Kacoo's. The service was excellent, the drinks were good, the bread pudding dessert was very good and the restaurant was comfortable and moderately quiet with a live piano singer providing nice music.Special Features:
- JennDined on 8/31/2014I ordered a crab trap with the crab cake being milky and uncooked. The fried soft shell crab and stuffed potato were both only warm indicating that they were not recently prepared. I was so disgusted that I just sent the meal back and did not order anything else. In addition, my bill was $67, but the waiter charged my credit card $94. It was rectified, but an inconvenience.
- Labor Day TreatAlamo6147Dined on 8/29/2014Wife and I spent extended Labor Day weekend and New Orleans. Had reservations and the meal and service were top notch. Our waiter Paul was very friendly and informative. The Coolinary menu was a real treat and a great value. My steak was perfect and the bread pudding was outstanding. Recommend this to all and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Not Impressedluv2dineDined on 8/25/2014The restaurant closed at 10p, we got there before 9p and the chef had the waiter rush us. "As soon as your orders go in the kitchen will be closed!". We had to pay $28 for two regular Margaritas!Special Features:
- Great eveningTheOldProDined on 8/15/2014I have eaten at this venue many times, but we had just an exceptional visit last week. The wait staff was just outstanding and fun. My wife and I were there for dinner, and the food was very good-especially the Redfish Ponchartrain, but the music was just as good. Everyone from manager on down made this dining experience exceptional for the two of us who are already on the wrong side of 65 years old. We loved the experience and interaction along with the food made the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do NOT Eat HereFoodForThoughtVIPDined on 8/6/2014While our food was good, we were COMPLETELY scammed by our server, Liz. She described the night's specials explaining all the preparations and sides that accompanied them. She never indicated that the specials cost more than 3x the other dishes on the menu. We were also charged extra for the supposedly accompanying sides. The "special" part, according to her, was a reduced price. Yet the same dishes on the menu cost about $40 less than what we were charged. Shame on us for not clarifying what the "special" prices would be before we ordered. Shame on you if you don't heed my advice. DO NOT GO HERE! You will be scammed for your money.
- excellent foodrmirgonDined on 8/1/2014So my New Orleans native wife had heard it was just OK. She was wrong, It was excellent. They have excellent music which is a nice touch but it can interfere with conversation. Set in the back and you'll be fine.
- BillJBillJenningsVIPDined on 7/27/2014We picked Ralph & Kacoo's because we wanted good seafood. I had the seafood platter and the fried seafood was good; the french fries were soft and somewhat oily, but, they were not the main attraction so, I didn't mind. However, our waiter insisted that my wife order their signature redfish dish; which she did. She complained that the fish was overcooked, dry and tasteless. I tasted it, as well, and noted that it was dry and tasteless. She complained to the waiter who simply said: "Oh, I'm sorry, that's too bad." and then did nothing by way of any attempt to remedy the situation. The restaurant was not busy and the waiter constantly kept trying to join our conversation in a way that seemed insincere and designed to boost his tip.Special Features:
- Would never ReturnUPSETDined on 7/25/2014had a raw shrimp tail in my drink told the manager he did nothing but offer me a new drink, service was horrible, food was decent but the porportions was horrible.. the restaurant had a strange smell... I WOULD NEVER GO BACK.
- Average Meal, Average ExperienceTravlnEatinDined on 7/24/2014Not every meal is going to be memorable and a food extravaganza. Some meals are just simply nice, average places to eat and Ralph & Kacoos fits in that category for me. The food is average. It isn't outstanding and memorable but it is pretty good. However, there menu consists of a lot of fried options and it may be a wonderful choice for people that enjoy fried seafood. If you are with a large group or have children, R & C is a good choice. Overall, if you are in the French Quarter, Ralph and Kacoo's may be your place if you enjoy a variety of fried seafood options, are with a group or have children in your party. The service was very good.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We went there for dinner and had Paul as our waiter. Outstanding service. Reasonable pricing and large portions of fresh tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicemihkelDined on 7/11/2014Try the grilled shrimp, you won't dissapoint. Service is magnificient alsoSpecial Features:
- Simply deliciousFoodisloveDined on 7/4/2014Food and service EXCELLENT!! I had the redfish pontchartran and my husband ordered the seafood platter. Both were excellent. They also have good rolls. The hush puppies were okay. Tasted more like cornbread balls. Gentlemen playing the pianos added a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst 5th anniversary ever!!!Morgie2011Dined on 7/3/2014Everything started wrong. Server couldn't pay attention to us bc she was focusing on large platter. As I was giving my order, she was looking at them. My entree came 15 minutes before my husband's food. My gumbo came 10 minutes after my entree. The manager made excuses and said how great the server is. Tried to give free dessert. That didn't work as we weren't interested. Waiter dropped check off without so much as a thanks for coming. Manager offered to adjust tab but he didn't keep his word. Very disappointing as Ralph and Kacoo's used to be a staple in the French Quarter. They totally ruined our 5th wedding anniversary and we didn't get so much as a we're sorry. Will not come back.
- Good but not greatGlowormDined on 7/3/2014Good place for NOLA favorites. If you're watching your salt intake, this is nit the place for you. Service was great!Special Features:
- Great food and service!!StacyDined on 7/2/2014I've been in New Orleans for a couple of days and my concierge told me about this place. Great service, food and atmoshere!! You have to get the crawfish nachos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodsmfhDined on 6/19/2014Food was excellent. Everyone at the table had a different dish but all were equally appreciated. Another group from our conference also went. They also loved their food. The one problem was that the waiter had difficulty separating checks correctly. We had to stay for a bit until a manager corrected the problems. It was sometimes difficult to have a conversation because of the loudness of the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour and fresh seafood!AtlfoodiesDined on 6/18/2014Stumbled upon this place for their happy hour and decided to have a late lunch as well. The service was great and the food was superb. Definately suggest stopping in here if you're in New Orleans. I'll be back in November and will certainly make a stop here!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014took my boisterous family to this restaurant because we heard it was good for kids, turned out not to disappoint. would recommend to families and large groups. hush puppies & crayons kept my little ones occupied. they have private dining rooms and when we were there there was what looked to be a wedding party in one of them. festive place, nice atmosphere, good food and great service. looks like they had a good happy hour but as i was with my kiddos i had to pass. next time i get a date night i'd bring my hubs back as their dueling piano show looks like it would be good!Special Features:
- poor represnetation of LA cuisneHappytummyDined on 6/17/2014Ralph & Kacoos has been around forever & I've had good meals there before, NOT last time. We were meeting a couple from out of state for dinner, my husband wanted to go somewhere that we had been before so we would know, (or thought we would know), the quality of food that we were going to be served. We were highly disappointed & a little embarrassed that this was representing Louisiana food, it was bland out of the box flavor. The only saving grace was that the wait staff were very friendly & fun. Our waiter kept us laughing all evening and our bus boy shared his hurricane Katrina experience. I am glad my friends got to meet some local characters, I just wish that they would have been treated to a culinary delight worthy of LA.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Food was good. Great location in the French Quarter. Chose R&K's because of advertised " Dueling Pianos". Not very energetic. Would return for the food but not the entertainment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Stuffed fish is just that. Two filets separated by a fish patty doesn't qualify as stuffed more like stacked. The fish was overcooked. And the sides were over salted.
- Very good choice for dinner.CfoodloversDined on 6/6/2014We enjoyed our meal very much. We were greeted by friendly staff who listened to our requests. My husband & I loved our entree choices. The basket of different warm fresh breads is awesome. The food & I mean everything was delicious. I had stuffed redfish. My husband ordered blackened catfish with a lemon sauce. It melted in your mouth. Due to rather high prices & only 1 side with your entree, I do think a house salad should be offered. To me would make the dining experience perfect. The staff is very attentive and friendly. We enjoyed the personal conversations that we had with them. I will definitely eat here on my next visit to New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal For Out of Town GuestsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2014Good service....EXCELLENT food. SERVICE EXCEPTIONABLESpecial Features:
- The following 605 reviews are from the Ralph & Kacoo's reviews archive.
- Just okKacooDined on 5/25/2014Food was just ok - not bad but definitely not exceptional. Someone in our party ordered a salad, dressing on the side. Guess that was a problem, it came lettuce only, had to asl for tomatoes onions etc. probably a good place for large groups, otherwise one can find better restaurants in New Orleans .Special Features:
- A Mis-Guided Relic of Times PastBeenThereFoodieDined on 5/23/2014Ralph & Kacoo's was once a great place to enjoy fine Louisiana cuisine....but sadly, this appears to no longer be the case. Eating only appetizers after finding that the menu did not include an interesting dish that I saw on their website (Cajun Seafood Lasagna?) we were very disappointed in every dish that we tried. The lobster bisque was exceptionally salty. Our waiter explained that the kitchen allows it to sit all afternoon (yuck) and as it reduces, it gets saltier. The seafood gumbo was OK at best, but it was clear that thickeners had been used, which flattens taste. The crawfish etouffe suffered from excessive use of thickeners, too few crawfish, and didn't taste good enough to finish. First time ever for me leaving etouffe!
- Awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014I chose this restaurant for dinner following my graduation and I had a party of 10. The restaurant was very accommodating and the server was excellent. The food was great and it came out very quickly with very little wait time. There was a live music and it was very entertaining. Overall my experience was great and I'll definitely be back! I recommend this place to anyone looking for an authentic Louisiana experience!Special Features:
- Tried and TrueSalsaGirlVIPDined on 5/3/2014We come back every 4-5 years for Jazz Fest and always include visit to Ralph and Kakoos. The food is good, the portions are large and the service is good.Special Features:
- Always a Fun PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014We have been coming here for years and have always loved it. The food is great and the hush puppies are such a treat. They also have excellent service.Special Features:
- Over an hour to get food and drinkFoodieDDined on 4/26/2014We went to this restaurant because it had good reviews. We had reservations and still had to wait 30 mins to be seated. The service was extremely slow to the point that we ready to walk out the door. We waited over an hour for apps and drinks. When we reminded the waiter about the drinks he lied to us saying the bar was backed up. No one seemed to care we were waiting for so long. We will not be going back
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Food was fresh. Service was cool. Staff is friendly and the drinks are huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter DinnerNOLANativeDined on 4/20/2014I was blessed to have my mother, fiancee, and her mother with me for a really nice Easter dinner. Thanks to our waiter, Vernon, for accommodating our seniors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could've Been BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/15/2014Food and waiter were great. Hostess was rude and obnoxious. Manager was very apologetic and did her best to help us out.
- never ever disappointsTWITADined on 4/13/2014when i am in new orleans i always try to set aside a meal at ralph and kacoo's. years go by but every time my meal, service, dining experience is OUTSTANDING. after 4 days of FQ jazz fest, our waiter had to be running on empty and we walked in an hour before closing but he was entertaining and helpful with entree choices! thanks R&K, you will forever continue to get our heartfelt business!!Special Features:
- WORST service I've ever experiencedGTDonna02VIPDined on 4/12/2014We were in New Orleans for my bachelorette party. I made reservations at 8:30 for our larger party- after waiting for about 10 minutes one of the managers came up to us and said "there are alot of reservations tonight, it will be 15 minutes." I've never had this happen at a restaurant. We went to the bar to get drinks. The bartender was SO slow, it was unbearable. He was pacing around, leaving the bar area, taking 10 minutes to make 1 drink. So unprofessional and a little weird. We ended up being seated at 9:15! What was the point in making the reservation in the first place?? One of the other manager brought us free shots which was a nice gesture but it was ruined by the very odd, rude and condescending waiter. BAD EXPERIENCE!
- Good food, great serviceklcraigDined on 4/11/2014While I would describe the food as good but not spectacular, the service was outstanding. This was one of the most reasonably priced restaurants that we visited in New Orleans. I would recommend this place for groups and families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestsusan27Dined on 4/11/2014This one was recommended. They sat us right away per our reservation. We ordered the fresh vegetables as our sides. Someone asked about the side and she said they were frozen she said - "Fresh out of a bag" Her honesty was appreciated. The food took a very long time to get so we entertained ourselves by catching the fruit flies that were all over our wine glasses - yes I know gross. The food range was good to okay- . We ordered dessert. All our dirty plates from bread to salad to appetizer were still on the table when they set dessert down.The server said she would clear then walked away leaving them. I got up and had to ask a buser at another table He did but still left about a third of the plates. Just not the best for New OrleansSpecial Features:
- Service was too slow, butBetsyDined on 4/9/2014Service was too slow, but other than that, the food (especially the crab bites) was great. Our server was so sweet, but she assumed we wanted to wait between courses and didn't put our entree order in until quite a bit of time went by. The woman who met us at the door was beyond wonderful, getting the ramp so my husband and I could get in with our scooters. Our bartender (drinks before dinner) was knowledgeable and great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.