2603 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.therajaji.com/
- Phone: 2022657344
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Rajaji
Come experience the taste of Egypt. Medaterra is a unique twist of Egyptian-American Cuisine. Rajaji Curry House has been serving authentic Indian food to the community since 1969.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rajaji reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always greatSharonVIPDined on 7/3/2014Fresh delicious food. Very consistent in taste. Great also for vegetarians. Always a pleasure. A neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luke WarmBigEaterVIPDined on 6/15/2014The interior was dark and had a slight odor. We were lucky it was a warm day and the outside seating was great. We noticed that all but one set of diners choose to eat outside. The food was tasteful and the servings were generous however both of our meals were served luke-warm. The staff was very attentive. I would recommend this restaurant and next time sent my food back if it isn't hot.Special Features:
- Delicious, quality food, reasonableSharonVIPDined on 5/25/2014Invited friends and all agreed that the food was delicious! We were happy that they were happy. Consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Rajaji reviews archive.
- It was good, if not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2014It was good, if not great Indian food: Pleasant service. A bit expensive at $30 (nearly including tip) for lunch - the buffet would probably have been the better choice.
- Consistently Fantastic!!SharonVIPDined on 12/29/2013Food is always fresh tasting also great choice for vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious !!SharonVIPDined on 10/17/2013Had a delicious, fresh, authentic India dinner here. Always consistent. Service is good, staff is quiet, not talkative but attentive and accomodating.Special Features:
- Decent food at a good value.JamesVIPDined on 7/28/2013We went to the Sunday buffet. The buffet had five or six choices pluses a couple side dishes. The food was good but not great. The price $11 is very reasonable for DC.
- Not what it used to betuffcluckDined on 7/19/2013This used to be my neighborhood Indian place when I lived in DC. The interior has a terrible odor. As if the carpet got wet and wasn't properly cleaned afterwards. The food was pretty good. I got chicken tikka masala. However, the palak paneer was not good at all. I hate that this place isn't what it used to be.
- Delicious Indian FoodSharonVIPDined on 6/14/2013We've always enjoyed eating here and return frequently. Authentic Indian food with tender meat options. Good vegetarian selection. Staff is a bit quiet but pleasant and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.