102 San Marco Ave
St. Augustine, FL 32084Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.raintreerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 904-824-7211x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday Brunch 10am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Matt Berg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Raintree has an upstairs Banquet facility that can accommodate up to 55 people, with private restroom facilities. Downstairs we can accommodate up to 30 people in a private room and have other semi private areas for smaller groups. Screen and LCD Rentals are available for seminars. Our facilities offer a unique setting for Rehearsal Dinners, Weddings, Private Parties and Business meetings. You may contact us after 2 pm to discuss your party or email for more information. Please visit our website for Group Menus.
- Private Party Contact: Lorna MacDonald 904 824 7211x
- Entertainment: Live Music in the Courtyard on Weekends
A word from Raintree Restaurant
Enjoy casual dining at it finest, the Raintree Restaurant & Steakhouse, recognized Nationally and Internationally for over 33 years as one of Florida's top destination Restaurants. The Raintree is renowned for its consistent, award-winning menu, consisting of Prime Steaks, Lamb, Poultry and the Finest in Fresh Seafood. The Raintree has a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence Wine List and a premium bar, served in the warm, intimate atmosphere of a restored 1879 Victorian home. The home is surround by a brick courtyard with Gazebo's for outdoor dining. Even if you choose to dine elsewhere, join us afterward in The Dessert Bar, choose from our Famous Crepes, Ice cream Drinks, Dessert Martinis, Cappucinno & Espresso or indulge in a fine after dinner Liquor or CognacContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Raintree Restaurant - Best Restaurants in St. Augustine ›
Raintree Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)great for outdoor dining (84)romantic (79)neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (33)scenic view (29)great for brunch (26)great for lunch (16)good for groups (15)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014We went for our anniversary, was seated promptly at our reservation time. The brie and fruit appetizer was very good. The grilled salmon was tastiest I have had anywhere, the Veal San Marco was well prepared, tender and moist. Our server was very knowledgeable, answered our questions about the dishes and made good recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We went to Raintree for our anniversary and couldn't be more thrilled. The courtyard seating was beautiful and they had a jazz duo playing outside (which my husband absolutely loved!) The host seated us immediately (we had reservations) and our waitress was friendly, attentive and made great recommendations when we asked questions. The desserts were wonderful as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014It was everything I had hoped for. My wife was wowed by the food! From the escargot and mussels we had for apps to the chocolate dome cake and crème Brule dessert, it was spot on. We arrived early, and had some cocktails in the bar before being seated. Your staff were friendly, courteous, and helpful in the recommendations. I plan on returning, and hope that my friends do as well. Keep doing what you do because you are doing it right!Special Features:
- Probably won't go back.PickVics4Dined on 8/29/2014Have been to the Raintree about a dozen times over the last 15 years. Always a must stop when in the area. But the last two visits, 6 months apart, have been very disappointing. Once is understandable, twice is a pattern. Caesar salad was ok. Lobster Bisque was very, very "lobster-y", not to my liking. Main course was shameful. Desserts and coffee were good. Wife's Sangria was appreciated. Courses were rushed. Music was as loud as a rock concert. Was tamed somewhat at our request, but still teeth-rattling. Two people, a hundred bucks, ...we expected, and have had, better. It's a shame. We REALLY like this place..........Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014We dined on our anniversary, which we have done every year for many years. 'Nice touch adding Happy Anniversary to our dessert dish. The I-Pad showing the desserts was a good idea. (It's hard to say no to a visual!) The noise level is a little problematic as the tables are so close to each other. Very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at RaintreeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014We thoroughly enjoy the Raintree. We consider it our place to go for special occasions. The decor and the food are superb and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We ate outside, live music, great food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious prime rib & vealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We arrived to find our patio table was ready on time per our "opentable" online reservations and complemented with torch-lit lighting and live classical music. The server was polite and prompt with all requests, our food arrived exactly as ordered, and the outdoor dining atmosphere was romantic. Other notable observations....the tables, silverware and glasses were clean; restrooms were impeccable; and they have their own parking lot that is free to Raintree patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoatingClubGangDined on 8/18/2014server Matt was engaging, and knowledge of wine pairings which suited our taste and complimented our meals. Wonderful young man, professional in demeanor, a delightSpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceJaxResidentDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I came here for our anniversary. It is pleasant enough for a special occasion and casual enough for every day dining. There are enough items on the menu to satisfy any craving from seafood to beef. Would definitely recommend this place for visitors to the St Augustine area or to residents who have never been. I ordered the Beef Wellington and my wife had the Pork Schnitzel. Both dishes were prepared very well and presented nicely.Special Features:
- A spot that overrates itself.southernprofDined on 8/16/2014A diner dressed in the drag of a "dining experience". My prime rib was fine, but my wife's chicken was clearly microwaved. The waitress rarely visited the table. Paper placemats on top of table clothes? The décor is the 1980s. Will not return and I live in the town.
- Fabulous food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014What a wonderful setting to have such excellent food and service. I would recommend the Rain Tree to everyone and we will be going back on our next visit to St. Augustine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestauranttrekkergirlDined on 8/16/2014We celebrated my birthday at the Raintree restaurant. Everything was great from the décor to the service. I ordered the Filet Mignon and it was perfect. My husband ordered the Beef Wellington and that too was cooked to perfection. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Great Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014What a gem, the Raintree Restaurant in St. Augustine! For the second year in a row we celebrated our birthdays and anniversary here at this wonderful place, service was excellent the food was wonderful and afterwards we spent some time at the bar and meet some equally great people. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great atmosphere, but uninspiredWeekDined on 8/9/2014We have been coming to the Raintree for years and have consistently enjoyed it. This time, however, something was missing. It seemed to be all there on the surface: nice menu, solid service, good atmosphere, etc. But when the food arrived, it was just okay; seemed to lack any special flair or full flavor. Part of it is just expectations as we have had so many great meals there over the years that we expect to have our taste buds dazzled. That wasn't the case this time...everything just seemed a bit bland.Special Features:
- We love Raintreeyumyum2Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I usually dine at Raintree for our anniversary. We started visiting 26 years ago and most recently celebrated our 36 anniversary this month. The food and service were outstanding as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousflagal49Dined on 8/9/2014Food and service are always the best! Save room for their yummy dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening spotdinerladyDined on 8/8/2014Ambiance can be relaxed on their patio or a bit more traditional inside but either way, the restaurant offers a lovely environment for dinner. Food was great, salmon with balsamic glaze with feta flavorful without a heavy salmony fishy taste, snapper with lobster champagne butter was perfect not overly oily from the butter, drinks were good, creme brûlée was creamy with just the right amount of carmelized sugar. Service was attentive without being overly intrusive. All in all, everything was really perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulieCooljulDined on 8/7/2014The Rainytree was nice but nothing really special. It was my husband's and my anniversary and my birthday so I was hoping for something extra special. There wasn't much selection for vegetarians so don't go if that's important to you. Our server got my husband's salad messed up and it took a while to get him back to our table to fix it. It's not a bad place and food was nice, just nothing special.Special Features:
- bomanDined on 8/6/2014Our waiter was excellent and our guests were very impressed with your restaurant. We are 79 and have dined in a lot of fine restaurants and yours ranks with the best. Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedlocavoreDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I went to the Raintree for our anniversary. We were given our requested table, which was in a lovely location. The service was very good, and our waitress was friendly and efficient. But the food was a great disappointment - my husband had eggplant parmesan, which was overcooked and dry, and I had a seafood casserole in a cream sauce (name not recalled), which should have been rich, creamy and loaded with seafood. And although the dish had a fair amount of shrimp and fish in it, the sauce was very thin and watery. These meals were on the "specials" side of the menu and were reasonably priced compared to the entrees on the regular side of the menu. But the quality of the meals was sadly lacking. We will not return.
- A++++ DiningScottTDined on 8/3/2014We have visited the Raintree several time and never been disappointed. The steamed muscle app was very good. I had the lamb and it was cooked to perfection. My wife had the shrimp and pasta and just raved about it. Save room for the mixed berry crapes. Exceptional service as well. Just an outstanding dinner experience for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayGreatMealAtRaintreeDined on 8/3/2014I reserved dining at Raintree for my wife's birthday and they did not disappoint. From our salads to our entrees to dessert, everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingmariagonzaVIPDined on 8/3/2014the food was great and the service too. they have a buffet with salad and soups deliciusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the traffic jam on A1A!jmwaldDined on 8/2/2014We had heard of this restaurant...but just finally got here...all I can say is that they share my personal code of living..."understate...over deliver"...We had a wonderful experience from salad through the filet au poivre...and the service was 5 star also...can't wait to go back for more!!!Special Features:
- Treat yourself RightLUVspotDined on 7/26/2014This is a great place for making yourself feel like you've made! My lady loved the all around settings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sharon&BobRainingClassDined on 7/25/2014THANK YOU! We are locals. FINALLY a restaurant with class and refinement! We have tried many advertised nearby only to be disappointed by noise level, rude fellow patrons, and ill-behaved children! We will most definitely return to The Raintree to entertain our out-of-town guests. Thank you once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014This is the second year in a row that I celebrated my birthday here. Wonderful meal, wine, and dessert...will be back!Special Features:
- ExcellentGeemanDined on 7/22/2014There is no need to go on and on about this resturant. It was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Expirience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014We had a Romantic Dinner celebrating our Wedding Anniversary and all I can say is that the food was great and the Service was Superior. They sat us in a small table away from the main dinning room and it was just what we needed since I wanted it to be special for my spouse. Overall I will rate the experience Outstanding for the food, service and especially the dessert. Will come back againSpecial Features:
- diningdelightsDined on 7/21/2014We celebrated our anniversary and found the food, service and ambience to be just what we wanted. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a pleasant evening in a romantic town.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningHarrytheKDined on 7/12/2014We passed the Raintree, it looked good AND they had parking. It was raining, so we sat inside which was charming. The young man who served us was perfect. He made excellent recomendations for each of the four of us. The food was awesome. The salads were delicious. I had the Swordfish, DELICIOUS. The Filet Mignion was prepared as requested and really enjoyed. We don't usually eat dessert, but our server recommended the Berry and Cappiccino Crepes with ice cream. A perfect ending to a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acceptable, but you can do better!EthicsGuyDined on 7/12/2014Everything about this restaurant was just OK. Nothing was special about it. Service was impersonable- Maybe that was because a 15% tip is already included in your bill. We would not return because for the money, you can get a better meal and experience elsewhere.
- need2eatDined on 7/5/2014The food was very good. The server was excellent and very helpful. Very comfortable place to eat. On the down side you don't get many calamari for an $11 appetizer. We would also suggest checking your bill closely. We had a tip added in automatically and were never told.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best places I've ever beenkwalaDined on 7/5/2014I go to St. Augustine on a regular basis, and have always tried to go to the Raintree. This time around, I was finally able to get a reservation, and I'm extremely glad I did. They had the most amazing food, especially the escargot. Our waitress was nothing but pleasant and fun to talk to. The patio to eat outside was absolutely beautiful. I don't have anything bad to say at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening!Jaxcmm22Dined on 7/4/2014We had dinner here before walking across the street to the waterfront church property to watch the fireworks show from the Castillo on the 4th of July and that may become a tradition for us now. The restaurant is lovely, both the patio seating and inside, the food is delicious and the service is great!Special Features:
- Underwhelming, but okay!Mssm224Dined on 7/4/2014This restaurant has nice ambiance and the food was okay, but not memorable. Waited almost an hour for entrees, ordered a cup of soup that was never delivered, salads and bread were low on the quantity/quality scale. The only redeeming quality for my experience was the $30 entree (lobster & shrimp pasta) was very good and it was the 4th of July.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family VisitAl47Dined on 7/4/2014We came at 5pm with our family from Kentucky on the 4th July before they went back home, and just before we returned to England. When we come to St Augustine Raintree is always on our list to go and eat at. The food is great, prices reasonable, and service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceAgraceDined on 6/30/2014Hannah was our server and she was quite knowledgeable about the large wine list and items on food menu. Food was excellent and well displayed. Desserts looked great, but no room for them. Varied menu choices and price ranges. Quaint and pretty atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful Service, Sub-Par FoodKiplingWintersDined on 6/30/2014I am going to make this short and sweet..... Went to the restaurant, which I have been to many times and ordered a filet and chicken and the filet was raw, not rare, because we always order medium rare, but completely raw, so much so we couldn't even cut through it... Then the chicken, I was told had a light drizzle of balsamic glaze over top, the chicken was swimming in sauce that i had to lift it up a scoop all the sauce off the plate. Then our waiter was nowhere to be found. We didn't get any water refills and he didn't even wait to see if the steak was properly cooked once we received it back. let me just say, it wasn't cooked to mid rare it was still raw....... We couldn't even order dessert because our waiter took off for 20 min.Special Features: