2787 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://rainbowpalace.com/index.html
- Phone: 9545655652
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Rainbow Palace
The Rainbow Palace offers a dining experience rarely equaled. From the fusion of traditional Chinese Cuisine with European influences, to the impeccable service, this will be an experience not forgotten. Top Rated by Zagat’s, rated 4 Diamond by AAA for 16 years; there is a full bar available, with a world class wine list. Relax and enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Rainbow Palace - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Rainbow Palace reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)fit for foodies (16)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (9)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Consistently Great.JeffappleVIPDined on 10/10/2014Outstanding Chinese Food with a unique flavor. The food, presentation and service are consistently excellent. EVERY dish on the menu is simply outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- above average restaurantgregDined on 10/10/2014restaurant had a good feel to it. we split the lamb and duck specials and they were very good. excellent service and felt we were treated well. i will probably go back again but i always like to try new places.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceKnowsgreatfoodDined on 10/6/2014I had been to this wonderful restaurant in the past, but I had not eaten here in the last 3 years. I found the food, and the whole experience, to be as great as I remembered. Our first course was the "House Won Ton soup", which was delicious. I ordered the duck with portabella mushrooms, and asparagus for my entrée, and my companions ordered Salmon Gwin Jin, and yellowtail snapper. We also ordered the eggplant as a side dish, which was delicious as well. The service is outstanding at this restaurant. It is a little pricey, but well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellencePuff2415Dined on 9/29/2014I had guests in town from Canada and we all raved about the food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful food.FoodiesDined on 9/27/2014We recommend and bring friends all the time. Everyone always raving about the experience. Best Chinese upscale restaurant we've eaten in. A foodie favorite.Special Features:
- Very SurprisedBeckiDined on 9/20/2014We were very surprised at how lovely the restaurant was inside, as well as the service (Paul was a gem!) We couldn't believe how good the food tasted and was presented. A restaurant definitely worth trying.Special Features:
- Superb ChineseConsistentVIPDined on 9/15/2014This place is not like any other Chinese Restaurant. The lobster tails and the rack of lamb is outstanding. Both were made with a chestnut flour. This place is very special and we can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the line food and servicefortlauderdalefoodieVIPDined on 9/11/2014Superior food and top of the line service. Lots of attention to detail by staff without seeming stuffy or overbearing. Highly recommend the Salmon Gwin Jin and the Chef's Fried Rice. Extensive wine list and reasonable prices for the caliber of the restaurant. Portions were generous. Can't wait to return here!!Special Features:
- Too much fluff for Chinese foodScottDined on 9/6/2014Prices are very high in this restaurant. The food is good but not great. I think the outrageously high prices are paying for the waiters tuxedos and linen table cloths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousFoodiesDined on 8/30/2014Our family and friends have dined here often. We are always licking our chops. Fine cuisine every time. You can count on Rainbow Palace for an enjoyable foodie experience.Special Features:
- Absolutely fabulous!gailindaDined on 8/30/2014We loved everything about this restaurant. We have not experienced better food, service or ambiance anywhere and we dine out frequently.Thank yout Rainbow Palace for a very memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedswscruiserDined on 8/15/2014Been dining at Rainbow Palace during our Ft Lauderdale vacations for several years. We have never been disappointed by the service or food. It is amazing to go to a restaurant only once and sometimes twice a year, and when they seat you they ask you if you like your usual drink. Favorite dishes are the Grand Marnier Scallops and the Crispy Steak. Also an great Wine List.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014The service far exceeds most standards. The wait staff was efficient, friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu. The house wonton soup is flavorful and a great size portion. Whatever you try make sure it's made with the water chestnut flour , amazing flavor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the pricerogerlaw1VIPDined on 6/21/2014Distinguished food and service. Elegant and romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 114 reviews are from the Rainbow Palace reviews archive.
- Excelent, but expensiveonabudgetDined on 6/12/2014This is a very attractive restaurant. We were there at 7:00 on a Thursday night and it was less than half full. The staff wore tuxes, but were friendly and helpful. This is not a typical Chinese restaurant. We had soup, a shrimp dish, a red snapper dish, and split a piece of cake and coffee. It was all delicious and served perfectly. The bill came to $96 plus tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014Excellent service and food as always - worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014The few times I have been there after the fact I ALWAYS think why on earth did I go here. PF Changs is just as good if not better and a fraction of the cost. $350 for 6 people to EAT CHINESE and maybe $25 of it was alcohol.
- Always deliciousFoodiesDined on 5/1/2014We have eaten here several times and always introduce friends who delight in their delicious offerings. Try their fish in wine sauce special...amazing. Never greasy. This is the restaurant for high-end Chinese food. A bit pricey but worth it. They offer lunch two days a week at a great bargain price for those who want to try it out. You won't be disappointed. Love the place.Special Features:
- Elegant service excellent menu.OTREVIEWERVIPDined on 4/27/2014Simply the best French Asian menu served with European elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Me & My wife at DinnerDinnerOutDined on 4/25/2014The service was very good here. This was the first time Me and my Wife had been here. The food was a little over priced for my taste for what was on the menu. That being said the food was OK. The service made up for the high menu prices I guess. One time is enough for me and my wife. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful!shdukesVIPDined on 4/18/2014Our first visit on date night. It was great! We will definitely come again!Special Features:
- Rainbow Palace over chargeNancieVIPDined on 4/14/2014We took another couple with us to the restaurant because we have always enjoyed our experience. However, our bill came and we put down 2 credit cards. After the receipts arrived back at table, we reviewed bill and saw 2 Duck G.M. when we ordered only 1. Our waiter told us that HE ordered the extra duck dish ($34) because HE decided one dish was not enough. However, he charged us for 2. We were not happy and the waiter apologized but nothing else. He had just neglected to tell us of his decision. Very disappointing! We have NEVER experienced this in any other restaurant.
- gourmet ChineseSusanVIPDined on 4/12/2014everything was delicious and the service is always excellentSpecial Features:
- Favorite RestaurantChristinaDined on 4/5/2014It is always a special treat for us to dine at Rainbow Palace. Any time an occasion arises for fine dining, Rainbow Palace is our No. 1 choice. Even though we are infrequent visitors the managment always greets us as if we were there every week. It makes one feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME FINDJPorkDined on 3/29/2014FOUND THIS PLACE ON GOOGLE LAST MINUTE FOR A BACHELORETTE PARTY LAST SATURDAY. THEY WERE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE 10 OF US AT LAST MINUTE AND THE FOOD WAS AMAZING. IT'S KIND OF LIKE FAMILY STYLE SO YOU HAVE TO ORDER A BUNCH OF DISHES BUT THE SESAME SHRIMP WAS AMAZING, ALONG WITH THE LOMEIN AND FRIED RICE, I WOULD 100% GO BACK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end ChineseChicagoanDined on 3/12/2014The best Chinese restaurant in South Florida. Don't let the strip mall location fool you. Lovely interior, outstanding food and superior service from tuxedo clad wait staff. Plates are served table side by the waiter rather than typical family style Chinese restaurant. More expensive than most but well worth it.
- Poor table in corner of aflpopajDined on 3/8/2014Poor table in corner of a separate room from main dining room, it was not comfortable at all even though i made a reservation early. Perhaps I was not given a good table because i am not a regular client. Have only been there 3 times. Prices are extremely high for the portion size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Art of Chinese CuisineScooterVIPDined on 3/8/2014We made a reservation to try Rainbow Palace due to a recommendation from a friend. From the moment we walked into the restaurant we knew that this was no ordinary Chinese restaurant. The restaurant is beautiful and has a very upscale decor. We found the wait staff to be very attentive and willing to guide us through our first experience. When the food arrived it just took 1 bite to discover that they had taken the art of Chinese Cuisine to another level, one that we have never discovered. We had started with the dumplings which were so incredibly tasty. We then moved into the entree area with an orange beef dish, sesame chicken and vegetable lo mien. Portions were generous and we will be back to try other selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Chinese, great serviceJeffreyZDined on 3/3/2014From the moment you walk in, it's a "wow" - a wall full of awards, year after year. Once dining, you'll know they are well deserved. I'll always remember bringing our Taiwan guests there and asking Paul, our waiter, "Any chance you could explain the menu in their native language?" He asked them if they'd prefer Mandarin or Cantonese. And, then proceeded to fully explain in their native tongue. We just had a repeat performance taking a few associates there (one Chinese) and had an identical amazing experience. Vegetable fried rice - the best ever, crispy duck - delicious and the fresh snapper - equally outstanding. Each of us (one vegan) pleased and impressed. When you want to impress others and delight your palate, choose Rainbow Palace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NicerasdesDined on 3/2/2014We have eaten at Rainbow Palace on a few occasions previously and each time has been wonderful. The staff is very friendly and the food is always fresh. There's always a great selection of specials dish offerings and their standard menu item are always good. The atmosphere and decor is always pleasant and the noise level is at an acceptable quiet level. I highly recommend this restaurant especially to those who are looking for a rare treat in Chinese dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worse than ordinarydavyDined on 2/24/2014food is ordinary and overpriced. Difficult to find, access and park.
- good food but.......firstDined on 2/15/2014Service could have been better had to wait too long for the mealI would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chinese food...KBBKDined on 2/15/2014Best gourmet Chinese food I've had in years. Spicy calamari appetizer, crispy beef entrée, spicy fried rice. Very happy. Looking forward to going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to go back to...dibMistaDined on 2/14/2014It was worth it to go there and recommend this place to others. Food was great and came out quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although very pricey, thispartyhostDined on 2/14/2014Although very pricey, this gourmet Chinese restaurant always brings white glove table side service along with fabulously taste combined dishes.Special Features:
- We have been coming to theNancieVIPDined on 2/13/2014We have been coming to the Rainbow Palace for many years. It has never disappointed us. Both my husband and I rank this restaurant as the best Chinese restaurant in the area! May it continue to exceed our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Can Always Expect the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2014This is our go to restaurant when we want great service with ambiance and want to impress someone with great food. We have never been disappointed, the food is always the best, and everyone has to try their duck and their shrimp dishes. The service is perfect, the waiters are well trained, know the menu items. Hope you try this hidden gem,Special Features:
- we love the food and her service.SusanVIPDined on 2/9/2014we love the food and her service. only Chinese restaurant we eat at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only place I'll go for Chinese foodLocalsVIPDined on 2/8/2014We're pretty picky foodies and had given up on finding good Chinese food in Broward County-until we found Rainbow Palace. Their ingredients are good quality and there are so many yummy choices on the menu. We loved the Chicken Gwin Jin, Crispy Duck, Lo Mein, Fried Rice and Orange Beef! Our group had a fantastic experience. The service and food are excellent and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialnancyceeVIPDined on 2/8/2014We have lived in the area for almost 25 years and had never been to the Rainbow Palace until this weekend. Meant to try it, but not always in the mood for 'gourmet' Chinese food. Still getting good ratings, so we went. I was seriously underwhelmed. Standard Chinese fare, in my opinion, with 'gourmet' prices! Nice quality ingredients (very large, tender scallops for appetizer, huge shrimp for entree), but preparation was cloyingly sweet and sticky, for both, as if duck sauce had been a main ingredient. "Dusted" with water chestnut flour meant a battered coating. Shrimp, which were supposed to be 'grilled in a wok', also had the coating, and there was no discernible 'savory smoky flavor' to the shrimp Gwin Jin. Expensive, very disappointing.