2787 E. Oakland Park Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://rainbowpalace.com/index.html
- Phone: 9545655652
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Rainbow Palace
The Rainbow Palace offers a dining experience rarely equaled. From the fusion of traditional Chinese Cuisine with European influences, to the impeccable service, this will be an experience not forgotten. Top Rated by Zagat’s, rated 4 Diamond by AAA for 16 years; there is a full bar available, with a world class wine list. Relax and enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rainbow Palace reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)romantic (9)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Never DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Been dining at Rainbow Palace during our Ft Lauderdale vacations for several years. We have never been disappointed by the service or food. It is amazing to go to a restaurant only once and sometimes twice a year, and when they seat you they ask you if you like your usual drink. Favorite dishes are the Grand Marnier Scallops and the Crispy Steak. Also an great Wine List.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2014The service far exceeds most standards. The wait staff was efficient, friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu. The house wonton soup is flavorful and a great size portion. Whatever you try make sure it's made with the water chestnut flour , amazing flavor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the pricerogerlaw1VIPDined on 6/21/2014Distinguished food and service. Elegant and romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent, but expensiveonabudgetDined on 6/12/2014This is a very attractive restaurant. We were there at 7:00 on a Thursday night and it was less than half full. The staff wore tuxes, but were friendly and helpful. This is not a typical Chinese restaurant. We had soup, a shrimp dish, a red snapper dish, and split a piece of cake and coffee. It was all delicious and served perfectly. The bill came to $96 plus tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014Excellent service and food as always - worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014The few times I have been there after the fact I ALWAYS think why on earth did I go here. PF Changs is just as good if not better and a fraction of the cost. $350 for 6 people to EAT CHINESE and maybe $25 of it was alcohol.
- Always deliciousFoodiesDined on 5/1/2014We have eaten here several times and always introduce friends who delight in their delicious offerings. Try their fish in wine sauce special...amazing. Never greasy. This is the restaurant for high-end Chinese food. A bit pricey but worth it. They offer lunch two days a week at a great bargain price for those who want to try it out. You won't be disappointed. Love the place.Special Features:
- The following 110 reviews are from the Rainbow Palace reviews archive.
- Elegant service excellent menu.OTREVIEWERVIPDined on 4/27/2014Simply the best French Asian menu served with European elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Me & My wife at DinnerDinnerOutDined on 4/25/2014The service was very good here. This was the first time Me and my Wife had been here. The food was a little over priced for my taste for what was on the menu. That being said the food was OK. The service made up for the high menu prices I guess. One time is enough for me and my wife. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful!shdukesDined on 4/18/2014Our first visit on date night. It was great! We will definitely come again!Special Features:
- Rainbow Palace over chargeNancieVIPDined on 4/14/2014We took another couple with us to the restaurant because we have always enjoyed our experience. However, our bill came and we put down 2 credit cards. After the receipts arrived back at table, we reviewed bill and saw 2 Duck G.M. when we ordered only 1. Our waiter told us that HE ordered the extra duck dish ($34) because HE decided one dish was not enough. However, he charged us for 2. We were not happy and the waiter apologized but nothing else. He had just neglected to tell us of his decision. Very disappointing! We have NEVER experienced this in any other restaurant.
- gourmet ChineseSusanVIPDined on 4/12/2014everything was delicious and the service is always excellentSpecial Features:
- Favorite RestaurantChristinaDined on 4/5/2014It is always a special treat for us to dine at Rainbow Palace. Any time an occasion arises for fine dining, Rainbow Palace is our No. 1 choice. Even though we are infrequent visitors the managment always greets us as if we were there every week. It makes one feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME FINDJPorkDined on 3/29/2014FOUND THIS PLACE ON GOOGLE LAST MINUTE FOR A BACHELORETTE PARTY LAST SATURDAY. THEY WERE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE 10 OF US AT LAST MINUTE AND THE FOOD WAS AMAZING. IT'S KIND OF LIKE FAMILY STYLE SO YOU HAVE TO ORDER A BUNCH OF DISHES BUT THE SESAME SHRIMP WAS AMAZING, ALONG WITH THE LOMEIN AND FRIED RICE, I WOULD 100% GO BACK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end ChineseChicagoanDined on 3/12/2014The best Chinese restaurant in South Florida. Don't let the strip mall location fool you. Lovely interior, outstanding food and superior service from tuxedo clad wait staff. Plates are served table side by the waiter rather than typical family style Chinese restaurant. More expensive than most but well worth it.
- Poor table in corner of aflpopajDined on 3/8/2014Poor table in corner of a separate room from main dining room, it was not comfortable at all even though i made a reservation early. Perhaps I was not given a good table because i am not a regular client. Have only been there 3 times. Prices are extremely high for the portion size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Art of Chinese CuisineScooterVIPDined on 3/8/2014We made a reservation to try Rainbow Palace due to a recommendation from a friend. From the moment we walked into the restaurant we knew that this was no ordinary Chinese restaurant. The restaurant is beautiful and has a very upscale decor. We found the wait staff to be very attentive and willing to guide us through our first experience. When the food arrived it just took 1 bite to discover that they had taken the art of Chinese Cuisine to another level, one that we have never discovered. We had started with the dumplings which were so incredibly tasty. We then moved into the entree area with an orange beef dish, sesame chicken and vegetable lo mien. Portions were generous and we will be back to try other selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Chinese, great serviceJeffreyZDined on 3/3/2014From the moment you walk in, it's a "wow" - a wall full of awards, year after year. Once dining, you'll know they are well deserved. I'll always remember bringing our Taiwan guests there and asking Paul, our waiter, "Any chance you could explain the menu in their native language?" He asked them if they'd prefer Mandarin or Cantonese. And, then proceeded to fully explain in their native tongue. We just had a repeat performance taking a few associates there (one Chinese) and had an identical amazing experience. Vegetable fried rice - the best ever, crispy duck - delicious and the fresh snapper - equally outstanding. Each of us (one vegan) pleased and impressed. When you want to impress others and delight your palate, choose Rainbow Palace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NicerasdesDined on 3/2/2014We have eaten at Rainbow Palace on a few occasions previously and each time has been wonderful. The staff is very friendly and the food is always fresh. There's always a great selection of specials dish offerings and their standard menu item are always good. The atmosphere and decor is always pleasant and the noise level is at an acceptable quiet level. I highly recommend this restaurant especially to those who are looking for a rare treat in Chinese dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worse than ordinarydavyDined on 2/24/2014food is ordinary and overpriced. Difficult to find, access and park.
- good food but.......firstDined on 2/15/2014Service could have been better had to wait too long for the mealI would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chinese food...KBBKDined on 2/15/2014Best gourmet Chinese food I've had in years. Spicy calamari appetizer, crispy beef entrée, spicy fried rice. Very happy. Looking forward to going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to go back to...dibMistaDined on 2/14/2014It was worth it to go there and recommend this place to others. Food was great and came out quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although very pricey, thispartyhostDined on 2/14/2014Although very pricey, this gourmet Chinese restaurant always brings white glove table side service along with fabulously taste combined dishes.Special Features:
- We have been coming to theNancieVIPDined on 2/13/2014We have been coming to the Rainbow Palace for many years. It has never disappointed us. Both my husband and I rank this restaurant as the best Chinese restaurant in the area! May it continue to exceed our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Can Always Expect the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2014This is our go to restaurant when we want great service with ambiance and want to impress someone with great food. We have never been disappointed, the food is always the best, and everyone has to try their duck and their shrimp dishes. The service is perfect, the waiters are well trained, know the menu items. Hope you try this hidden gem,Special Features:
- we love the food and her service.SusanVIPDined on 2/9/2014we love the food and her service. only Chinese restaurant we eat at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only place I'll go for Chinese foodLocalsDined on 2/8/2014We're pretty picky foodies and had given up on finding good Chinese food in Broward County-until we found Rainbow Palace. Their ingredients are good quality and there are so many yummy choices on the menu. We loved the Chicken Gwin Jin, Crispy Duck, Lo Mein, Fried Rice and Orange Beef! Our group had a fantastic experience. The service and food are excellent and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialnancyceeVIPDined on 2/8/2014We have lived in the area for almost 25 years and had never been to the Rainbow Palace until this weekend. Meant to try it, but not always in the mood for 'gourmet' Chinese food. Still getting good ratings, so we went. I was seriously underwhelmed. Standard Chinese fare, in my opinion, with 'gourmet' prices! Nice quality ingredients (very large, tender scallops for appetizer, huge shrimp for entree), but preparation was cloyingly sweet and sticky, for both, as if duck sauce had been a main ingredient. "Dusted" with water chestnut flour meant a battered coating. Shrimp, which were supposed to be 'grilled in a wok', also had the coating, and there was no discernible 'savory smoky flavor' to the shrimp Gwin Jin. Expensive, very disappointing.
- Poor ServiceStarbucksloverDined on 2/1/2014We waited about 20 minutes till the waiter took our order. The food was good, but overall the service was poor. Maybe we had a very unique crowd that night, the room was extremely noisy. Given the service and food quality, this place is overpriced.
- Best ChineseChicagoanDined on 1/26/2014Best Chinese restaurant in South Florida and among the best anywhere. Knowledgable, efficient wait staff. Very fresh ingredients with light sauces. Pricy but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2014It had been several years since we had enjoyed Rainbow Palace and so it was wonderful to experience their superb service and food once again with friends from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So Very Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013Wow...This was a pleasant surprise! Everything was delicious. Be sure to try the Crispy Steak. It was as good as any steak you can get in the best steak houses anywhere. The service was excellent. I highly recommend Rainbow Palace It was the best Chinese food I've had in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than the typical chinesevallVIPDined on 12/28/2013Rainbow Palace is not your typical Chinese restaurant but, it definitely does not compare to Hakkasan as I had read in some previous reviews. For $42 the orange beef was basically deep fried steak. The lo mein was very good. Excellent wine list, which is unusual for a Chinese restaurant. Not sure it is worth the price.
- Best Chinese in So FloridaOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/25/2013If you want high end delicious Chinese food this is the place to be. Forget Mr Chows and Hakassan. If you're gonna spend the big bucks for orange beef, it better deliver big time. And they do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A High and Low Experience24dinnerVIPDined on 12/24/2013Looked forward to a dining experience at this pricey Fort Lauderdale hot spot. Always noted for superb Chinese cuisine, we opted to go for broke this time, and we did. ! The high of the night was the cuisine starting with very non traditional Won Ton soup , My BW chose a fabulous appetizer of Portobello Mushrooms and Chinese Egg Plant. I went for the Shrimp and Lobster Dumplings. Two great choices !! Hard to believe they were out of Lo Mein that night.. It sounded great. Entrees included Jumbo Shrimp in a red sauce with veggies and Roast Duck with Mushrooms and Asparagus. That's where the high ended and the low began. Service overall was fair to poor, ignoring our sitting there 20 minutes without a nod, offer of dessert or our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!FoodmanVIPDined on 12/24/2013Just the absolute BEST Asian Restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale. I won't go into detail, because there are too many great things to say. Its just a place you have to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to deliver2fortunateVIPDined on 12/18/2013Great chinese foond , wonderfully prepared and present. An outstanding staff and not a franchise or the restaurants now days that are all owned by someone else who is not there. Here they care about what they serveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat PerformerCbstoweVIPDined on 12/16/2013Once again we were thrilled with everything! Pete, the waiter, surprised us with a medley of the best of the Rainbow Palace. We plan to go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Surprise!BocaBoomerVIPDined on 12/12/2013I did not think of Rainbow Palace as a lunch place as it is known for its high end Asian cuisine for dinner. Had a delicious meal tended to by an attentive staff but unfortunately rather than relaxing, had to return to work.I would recommend this to a friend.