2011 Ella Blvd.
Houston, TX 77008Neighborhood:
Heights / Washington
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rainbow-lodge.com/
- Phone: 7138618666x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday Thru Friday 11:00 am-10:30pm
****HAPPY HOUR 4-6PM TUE-FRI****
Saturday Dinner Starts at 6PM
Sunday Brunch 10:30-4 then Dinner until 9PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Kelly Boyd
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Exciting American cuisine at your own location. Featuring Texas Flavors, Gulf Seafood and Wild Game Mixed Grills. Executive Lunches Delivered.
- Entertainment: Live Music on Friday nights in the Tied Fly Bar and on the Wine deck outside.
- Special Events: Patio Wine Series, every 2nd Wed. 5:30-7:30 PM $29 featuring 4 food and wine stations.
Sunday Suppers start at 5PM, Half Price Wines
A word from Rainbow Lodge
Well known and loved for gulf fish, wild game, steaks and chops, RBL features Lunch, Dinner & Sunday Brunch. Owner Donnette Hansen's attention to detail is reflected in everything from the comfortable Log Cabin setting & landscaped grounds to the seasonally changing menus. Insider's Tip: Go for the business lunch ($14.95-3 courses) or try the tasting menu at dinner. Sophisticated but not stuffy! Menu hits include Snapper on Risotto, Grilled Buffalo Tenderloin, Classic Lobster Thermidor, Lodge Smoked Duck & Butter Lettuce Salad. Veteran Chefs prepare Gulf Fish, Wild Boar, Duck, Quail, Elk and Beef With 3000 square feet of kitchen gardens, The Lodge grows many heirloom vegetables and herbs to complete special dishes. Brunch enthusiasts enjoy casual patio dining with 99 cent mimosas.Sunday Suppers feature half price wines by the glass. Live Music Fridays in the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Rainbow Lodge - Best Restaurants in Heights / Washington ›
Rainbow Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (158)romantic (138)fit for foodies (107)scenic view (103)neighborhood gem (81)good for groups (63)notable wine list (60)great for outdoor dining (52)great for brunch (48)great for lunch (34)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Great RestaurantdmajtexasVIPDined on 10/19/2014Excellent brunch with a wide variety of choices, even for kids. Attentive staff..everything was a plus!Special Features:
- Rustic romantic dinner placeplatemonsterVIPDined on 10/18/2014It's a nice restaurant catering to an older set. Food is good but expensive.
- First time exp., not disappointed!JoeMtzDined on 10/17/2014I took my wife out on a "just because" date and she loved it. If the weather permits I would definitely chose to sit outside especially if your dining in the evening. It's just a nice and calming atmosphere. The quail was delicious and I also enjoyed the buffalo steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014wonderful experience. great ambience. attentive wait staff but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food not as good as previous timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Must have had a new chef. Food was not very good. My fiance and i bith got upset stomachs from it.Special Features:
- Always love Rainbow LodgeHoustonSoonerDined on 10/16/2014Our waiter had two lovely specials available, we each had one, AMAZING. The wine was great and he gave us space to sit and talk with no rush to leave. We go here often and it is never a disappointment.Special Features:
- Celebrating Anniversarydine4twoDined on 10/16/2014We had a very nice dinner, atmosphere was delightful. Will be back for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great.JR53Dined on 10/16/2014Always an enjoyable dining experience. A favorite when we are in Houston.Special Features:
- really good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014We requested a nice table for my husband's birthday which was delivered. Our waiter was up there with the best we have had. Very nice wine list. Now for the best part, the food. We are no strangers to wild game, and they did a very nice job with the appetizer Taste of the Wild - venison was very tender, duck sausage and lamb very flavorful. The baby spinach salad with mushrooms, pecans, duck, and quail egg was a good combo of flavors. The special with halibut and a vegetable pastry was wonderful as was the filet of beef. Finish it off with coffee and creme brulee - really great dinner, we will back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.JesseDined on 10/12/2014Love this place. Love the service, the food, the ambience.Special Features:
- FantasticKyleDined on 10/11/2014Everything about it was great! Food, ambiance and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysWR920Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I have eaten here many times in the past, and will continue to do so in the future. Service attention to detail, and food quality were excellent as always!Special Features:
- Off the beaten path locationSteakandWine60Dined on 10/11/2014We recently celebrated a birthday with another couple and really enjoyed the ambiance, service, & food. This restaurant used to be located on the bayou close to Memorial Park where Brenner's is now located. We had not been to this current location and wanted to try it. Two at our table had the Chilean Sea Bass, and one had the venison and wild boar under the wild game section. One had salad and gumbo. Everyone was pleased with their entree's and with the starter gumbo or salad. We did look at the dessert menu and they had some great options, so maybe will try dessert there next time, had other plans this time. They knew we had a birthday at our table and the waiter kindly brought out a serving of dessert with a candle for the finale.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014As always the staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and informative. I had the trout special which truly one of the best dishes I have ever had in a restaurant. The view is spectacular and it rivals any in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Texas Romantic stylesurfmelDined on 10/7/2014Presentation was great, but Duck as Chicken wings style?! The food wasn't so great, but the service and ambient are great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Great food, good service (a bit slow at times, but not a problem), beautiful view outside but we were sat right next to an extremely loud AC unit that came on at least 6 times during our 2 hour dinner and was loud and very annoying! Almost ruined the evening, otherwise the place was wonderful. Just don't get a table outside by the AC unit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the wow factorSid1577Dined on 10/4/2014I was hoping to find an old-school, special dining experience. Atmosphere is very nice - old restaurant with expansions done through the years. Great bar with views of the property. Sat outside - here is the big turn off - the air conditioning unit sits at deck level beyond a fenced area. It is so loud, we literally had to stop talking and wait for it to cycle off. This is a crime. I would move it because this one issue is more of a detriment than the food... Menu and food - great cocktails and wine list with fair pricing. Great entree choices. Problem - I ordered a filet. It was quite good, but the steak was presented on potatoes and peas - potatoes grossly undercooked and peas were raw. This is a crime - I expected better.Special Features:
- Great restaurantGameeaterDined on 10/4/2014Food and service was excellent. If you are a wild game eater, this is the place for you. Very nice. Scored big points with the wife for our 28th anniversary dinner. For the service and quality of food, the prices are very reasonable, better than most in this class of restaurants.Special Features:
- Wonderful PlaceOutDoorFoodieDined on 9/28/2014My girlfriend and I went to Rainbow Lodge for our 1 year anniversary and it was a great experience. We enjoyed everything from the large selection of wine to the great selection of food options. The food came out very quick and was delicious. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who would like to take their significant other out on a romantic date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timerAfirsttimerDined on 9/27/2014I really enjoyed dining here and the food was excellent. I went here on a date where we got to dress up and get out of the normal dining options. it was an interesting set-up as we were placed in the smaller room with two other tables who were close to finishing their meals. So after about 15 minutes they both left and we had the room to ourselves. The food was quick to come out and was delicious. There were a lot of fun and different options and I can't wait to go back and try something else. Overall it was a fun night. I am not a foodie so I couldn't describe everything I ate, but I do know that it was good.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRle201Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I chose Rainbow Lodge over the "steakhouse scene" simply for something different to celebrate our anniversary. Not disappointed at all in our choice. He had the Elk Chop and I had Sea Bass and both were phenomenal. I also recommend their Tres Leche. It has a hint of caramel in it and simply decadent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The Chef's tasting was excellent. I will be going here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerTandCDined on 9/26/2014Loved the 1 on 1 with the chef. Was not a fan of where our table was placed, throughout the entire dinner servers and bussers walked by the back of my chair due to where our table was placed, also each time i looked up i was looking at the young lady at the table directly behind us. Aside from placement of the table, dinner was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATclauDined on 9/26/2014Everything was perfect! The food was really good, with an amazing view, and of course the music and wine, absolutely great, happy to be there. We will be back very soon. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best *****CorkyDined on 9/20/2014This survey is looking for approval of things I was not looking for: kids and an "energetic" noise level can ruin good dining. Fortunately, both were absent during our visit. We liked the "game lodge" atmosphere and extensive wine list. The three different dishes were as good as you will get in Houston. Delicious sides came with the entree at no extra cost. All portions are adequate and will fill all but the most voracious. The only thing we did not like was the cheap liquors they use for their "well," like McCormick, which is best used in kerosene lamps. At a place with high prices, good liquor should be automatic, but you will have to pay more for the good stuff. Our waiter, Jim, was on-the-spot without interfering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love this place, always have.....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014...and always will. The food, ambiance, and service is top of the charts! Best dining experience ever.
- Pleasant dining experiencegamefoodieDined on 9/20/2014The food and wine was good as always. We were seated next to a window with an excellent view of gardens.Special Features:
- AnniversaryAmazingDined on 9/17/2014It was amazing. Great food, great host. I would go back for sure!Special Features:
- Great place for a business lunch.hardworkingmanDined on 9/16/2014Great place for a business lunch. Good food and service. Nice décor and noise level perfect for a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Setting, Dining, ServiceDinesoutalotVIPDined on 9/14/2014We have visited Rainbow Lodge many times over the years. Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, special events have all been outstanding. Food is unique and well prepared. Staff knows the menu. Managers are always helpful and work to make sure your dining experience is a good one. The setting alone is worth a visit. When we have out-of-town guests, Rainbow Lodge is top on our list of places to host them.Special Features:
- A Tad Disappointing1966GrammaDined on 9/14/2014Our party of 10 found ourselves looking for our waiter far too often. Our drinks were always needing refills & our plates filled the table since they were not cleared as we finished with them.Special Features:
- Excellent as Alwaysrac3rxDined on 9/13/2014We always enjoy our visits to Rainbow Lodge, and this dinner was no exception. The food and the service were outstanding. The atmosphere was a little louder than I remember, but it might have also been the area in which we were sitting. I had included a note in my Open Table reservation about the occasion being the birthday of one of our dinner guests, and they brought out a little something for him, which was a pleasant surprise. They do read your special requests. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone seeking a consistently quality product.Special Features:
- DisappointedmoebirdDined on 9/11/2014Took Brother out for birthday and food was not prepared well. We have been there many times and will not go back.Special Features:
- WonderfulJvw0909Dined on 9/9/2014We have been here several times. Have never been disappointed. We we were celebrating two birthdays. Our service and food were outstanding. Go try this restaurant as soon as possible!!!Special Features:
- Not the same as the Mem. locatEataliciousDined on 9/6/2014Crowd was older, really good wine list delicious bottles < $50.00. Rainbow trout was really good! Mixed grill had a very poor cut of lamb gristle etc. and was raw. Chef sent out 3 more pieces of lamb and they were delicious. Not the Memorial location experience but not horrible. Will spend my money elsewhere after the evening.Special Features:
- fan of the lodgepkjoinerDined on 9/6/2014great evening as usual always top shelf and Rose is also so professional and helpfulSpecial Features:
- Amazing Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014We went for my husbands birthday and had an amazing experience! We chose the 5 course chef's tasting. The chef personally brought out each course and explained his vision for the course before we enjoyed it. The service was great, and the food was to die for. Would recommend for special occasions because it is pricy, but totally worth it! Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- RomanticDined on 9/3/2014Food was ok, but service was very bad, very slow. I noticed our server had 7 tables at one timeSpecial Features:
- Old favoritePhylly13Dined on 9/3/2014The Rainbow Lodge has been a favorite for years and the change in location did not affect the quality. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ResturantmodeljennreddDined on 9/2/2014I love it! It was my anniversary and I wanted to take my hubby somewhere then the norm. I Google search (whats a nice romantic place to take your love one) and someone mention the Rainbow Lodge. It was very peaceful and quiet. Not alot of people were there that night which made it even more special because me and my hubby can actually hear each other talk. Our server was nice and polite, she explain everything to us on the menu. The FOOD WAS TOO DIE FOR! We had the buffalo steak and it was so juicy and tender. The taste of the wild was good but I didn't like the rabbit or lamb, it was too rare but the deer with the prune gravy was delicious! It's pricey but you suppose to go all out for your anniversary. I love this place! It's my number 1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.