40 Village Square
Cincinnati, OH 45246Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.railhouse1854.com/
- Phone: 5137723333x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Janson Trotman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are able to cater events from 20 up to 200 guests. We have a private dinning rooms that can old anywhere from 20 guests up to 120 guests. If you can dream we can do it!
- Private Party Facilities: We have four different venues that can accommodate parties of all sizes.
- Private Party Contact: Ashley Silbermann 4076943944x
- Entertainment: We feature a house band every Friday and Saturday night starting at 8pm till midnight. The band will play a jukebox format meaning what every the guest want to listen too they can play. Come out and see if you can stump our band with one of your favorite tunes. The quality of the musicians are the best in the region and never gets old since you can guide the music.
- Special Events: Happy Hour 3:00pm - 6:00pm Tuesday - Sunday
1/2 Off all Drinks, Beer and Wines by the glass
Buy One get One Appetizer and Flatbreads
A word from Rail House
We are an historical building/restaurant establish originally in 1854. We are considered to be an upper casual atmosphere with great food and beverage. We specialize in the entire dinning experience including entertainment. It's a beautiful property that sits right on the rail road tracks and you can sit and watch time go by while you enjoy great food, great beverages and great entertainment. Upstairs is more of bar/lounge and first come first serve seating and we recommend reservations for our downstairs intimate seating area. The patio is also first come first serve seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rail House reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
romantic (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Really Nice MealKarenCVIPDined on 5/30/2014My husband and I enjoyed a great meal with friends here. Two of us had entree salads - both really good. Fresh, flavorful ingredients and my chicken was perfectly grilled - moist and tender. My husband enjoyed his bison burger and sweet potato fries. Our friends finished the meal sharing cheesecake and we had a chocolate layer cake, both of which were quite good.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DisappointmentInTheBizDined on 5/11/2014We have been here before and fell in love with the menu. However, we went on Mother's Day and the only offering was a buffet. We decided to stay and try it, but it was a total let down. The buffet offerings were lackluster at best & did not meet the expectations of the usual fare of Rail House. We expected more than fried chicken, 2 pasta dishes, cold salmon or prime rib as the most notable items. The staff started to put away the chaffing dishes before people had finished their meals. Food and dessert trays had not been replenished between services and at least 2 items were completely out ("86ed"). The server never offered a second round of drinks, and seemed in a rush, placing the check on the table before entrees were finished.Special Features:
- My kind of placeSweeteeDined on 5/11/2014I've been coming here for years. It's a must visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GreatDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day and it was great. That was our first time going and I think we will all highly recommend to others.Special Features:
- good foodsherryDined on 4/27/2014This restaurant is very nice, good service, good food, has a great patio, loved eating outside. But loud freight trains do go by regularly so be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SoMgMgDined on 4/26/2014When we arrived, the windows were open, no A/C on. It was a warm day, plus the trains were running fairly often and the noise was LOUD. Food was okay. Had it not been for the special of the day that was offered, I was having trouble selecting from the menu...not a lot to offer. Three of the 6 people in our party ordered from the menu and all 3 left food on their plates. I will say they did eventually close the windows.
- great fooddeedee123VIPDined on 4/25/2014we had wonderful service, and the food was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we thought..Hate2cookDined on 4/20/2014We were disappointed by the buffet. Not only was it poorly maintained and most things over cooked and even burned, it was nothing like what was described on the website menu. The Rail House is a lovely restaurant with a lot of character and the price seemed fair, if only the food was good.Special Features:
- Not as good as last yearGirlOHDined on 4/20/2014Last year for Easter Brunch, the Railhouse buffet was delicious. This year, there was half the options available.. Of the hot options, none of them were even luke warm. I was so looking forward to the lobster mac'n'cheese, but cold macaroni isn't something I can eat. Better luck next year, guys, though we will be somewhere else.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We went for Easter brunch buffet and I am sorry to say the whole experience was terrible. We had reservations for 1pm and did not sit down until after 1:30. The food was not good. It had obviously been made way ahead of time and kept warm in an oven somewhere. The service was even worse. Our server brought our drinks and never checked back with us, we had to send some one to find her when we needed our bill. And they had the nerve to add an automatic 18% gratuity to the check when it was a buffet. I don't know how the regular food and service is but would definitely not recommend the brunch.
- Great Brunch!EatLoveDanceDined on 4/20/2014Our family group of 5 went to the Rail House for their Easter brunch. It was the best brunch we have ever gone to! Everything was freshly prepared and at the appropriate temperature. The brunch was set up in 4 seatings. We had reservations for the second seating. This way they prepared the food for each seating. Fresh! The only issue we had was that, though we arrived before the seating began, we were the last group to arrive. And so we were the last to be seated, which was then 30 minutes after that seating started, somewhat unexpected. We then had 30 minutes less time to be at our table before the next seating began. The seatings were spaced 90 minutes apart, so we had 60 minutes. Not as leisurely as we had hoped. We will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodsherryDined on 4/19/2014We had lunch at Rail House on a Saturday afternoon. It was a sunny warm day and we ate on the outdoor patio, which was great. We all enjoyed our food very much and had a very attentive server. The only downside to this place is that it sits right next to a railroad track. And it's a busy track. Three long trains went by during our 90 minute lunch, and they are LOUD! It's quieter when you are inside, and when I have been there in the evening, there aren't as many trains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rail House Reviewrjk2001Dined on 4/18/2014We had reservations on for a cooking class at another location in Glendale, Ohio. Unfortunately, it was cancelled due to not enough people signing up. We made reservations to stay at a quaint hotel. The hotel recommended the Rail House for dinner so we made reservations there. As it turned out, we were delighted to find that the Rail House has an excellent chef and the steaks we ordered were perfect. My husband had the rib eye and I had the sirloin both cooked to perfection. We also found the calamari and the three dipping sauces to be delicious. We also enjoyed the live music in the bar. The music was great and we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the restaurant. We plan to try one of the Thursday night wine tastings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RailhouseRockafellaVIPDined on 4/5/2014Made reservations 4-5 weeks in advance, 6 people upstairs bar/diningroom. On arrival, the hostess said that they do NOT take reservations for under 8 people, unless we wanted to eat downstairs. We came to have dinner & listen to the band. The manager was called, we were told we could sit right in front of the band's sound system, I do mean right in front of the speakers. Nasty. Three couples spent between $100 and $160 each, our service was excellent. We enjoyed the limited menu, the salmon was large and tasty, and the tenderloin medallions were tender and flavorful, hot bread, yum. As we look around the room, most of the tables were empty all night, we left at 11:30. Why did they make such a BAD impression at the door?Special Features:
- Fun, fun, fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014We had a very pleasant night out at the Rail House. We dined downstairs which we prefered because of the band upstairs so we could talk. After dinner we went to the upstairs fand enjoyed the music! Very good band and excellent bar service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentBostonDined on 3/21/2014I think when we do reservation at a restaurant for party of 10 on line, then we call twice to confirm and give details about the sitting, then we come and no table is reserved , it s not serious and you can t count on that restaurant to invite people there coming from out of town. We were disappointed because we couldn't see or hear the singer from a back room..Special Features:
- Jay the owner is behind every mealBoybearDined on 3/18/2014We dine here almost every week................sometimes twice a week. Great food at a fair price. Don't miss the prime rib on Tuesday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it! Will definitelyCarolDined on 3/15/2014Loved it! Will definitely go back. The service and food were wonderful.Special Features:
- The food is truly outstandingBoybearDined on 3/14/2014The food is truly outstanding at a fair price. My family's favorite. Jay the owner creates great meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good live music with dinner...BAL1234VIPDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I enjoyed dinner at the Rail House, and especially enjoyed the live entertainment... Group called the Blues Merchants was excellent...We stayed through the first set which lasted about an hour and a half...We were never pushed by our waiter to buy more drinks or to take the check... Very nice and relaxing evening...Will definitely go back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodMJMEDined on 3/8/2014Server was attentive and eager to make our dining evperience exceptional. Overallfoodcwas really great but the star was the wonderful desserts. Great martini! Kudos to bartender. Pleasant and charming atmosphere, can't n wait for next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2014The fish and chips at The Rail House was top notch. Tasty fish, good batter and prepared well. The sweet potato fries were excellent as were the onion straws. Excellent and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointed to seeMillborgDined on 3/4/2014I was disappointed to see the 1st floor of the restaurant - the nicest part - closed. Only the 2nd floor, a much more casual area was open. There was a "singer" standing by a microphone and what seemed to be a keyboard, although it was just piped-in music. It was terrible! He couldn't hold a note and the background music was way off. It made a very surreal evening. The food - pasta with vegetable (chicken was an extra $6) was very bland & way over-priced. Having been there in the summer, I was expecting much more - not sure what's happened since then. I will say that the best part was the service. The waiter was very accessible but not overly attentive. We left a nice tip - no reason to blame him for bad management and kitchen.Special Features:
- Nice setting, food good overallOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014We enjoyed the setting in the old Iron Horse restaurant in Glendale. Nice bar. Service was attentive, although my husband did not get his water refilled without asking. We also had to ask for bread. Food was good tasting, although a tad boring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place, been thereJanyDined on 2/15/2014We love this place, been there 4-5 times now, but this Saturday night after Valentine's Day was out of control. Reservations were meaningless, apparently, and while the hostess told us they were under-staffed, the Manager said that was not the case. Food was great as always, and Jimmy our waiter did an outstanding job. The band needs to turn the volume down a notch when in such a small space, those speakers MUST have volume control! We like the music, and like to dance, but also like to talk with our friends who came with us. Not saying turn it OFF, just turn it down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food.... but LOUD!sherripDined on 2/15/2014I booked the reservation based on the menu selections listed online. We were seated upstairs at 6:00. When the band started at 7:00, our conversation basically stopped because we couldn't hear each other. There was seating on the main floor but we weren't given the option. I never thought that our 6:00 reservation would be so loud. The band did sound great but that wasn't the reason we ate there. Everything else about our meal was good. The waiter gave us good recommendations for food and wine. The food was delicious and the service was good. I would go back but would definitely request seating on the first floor unless I was going just to hear the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/15/2014Service was great after we finally got someone to wait on us.Special Features:
- Romantic ValentineFrankLydiaDined on 2/14/2014Really surprised by the whole experience. Patrick, our server was GREAT! He knew his menu as well as drinks and had some great recommendations! The dessert was over the top. We are really excited to try the different weekday specials like Pint Nite and Wine on a Dime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on valentines day andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Went on valentines day and was looking for a romantic experience, music was WAY to loud. Food was good but waiter lacked detail to attention. Table was full of dirty dishes, he never cleared them until the very end. I have been there before and would recommend for the delicious foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & Foodwinedine0525Dined on 2/14/2014Waiter, Dustin, was fantastic. Valentines Special good value, but Lobster tail was overcooked and baked potato under cooked. Everything else was superb and more than made up for it. Great atmosphere and overall ambience in downstairs dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The main dish was very goodDanPDined on 2/8/2014The main dish was very good and cooked well. The sides were lacking a little flavor especially the horseradish mash potatoes. They were out of a few of the beers I asked for but they have a large selection so I was able to find something I liked. The wine selection was adequate as well. The restaurant was a little noisy when we were there on a Sat. night though they had a country band playing upstairs. We did not mind this but some people may if they are looking for a quiet dinner. Overall I would definitely go back and we enjoyed the overall experience.Special Features:
- I love this place. Dont knowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2014I love this place. Dont know why it took me so long to get over there!Special Features:
- Good band.....but that's about itjojoDined on 2/1/2014We ate upstairs in the bar so we could hear the band. It was PACKED, and service was SUPER SUPER slow. They were understaffed for the crowd they had. Took over an hour to get a drink served. The food was average to below average. The band was good, so at least there was good entertainment.
- Rail houseMelissaDined on 2/1/2014Good place for a nice date night. Food and drinks were good. Appetizers came quick. Main course was presentable. Dessert was good but I feel like they pre-slice things so the food starts to take on the taste of the refrigerator, and some liquid from the icing separating on the plate tells me it was in there over a day...that part could have been better. Overall I would return, more so for the lunch menu because they didn't offer any of that food for dinner nor on the weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was OK - nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014The food was OK - nothing special and not much to choose from. The service was very slow. Will probably not return.Special Features:
- overall the service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/18/2014overall the service was excellent and attentive. Food quality & portions were just right.Special Features:
- Left early.....MaMaRitaDined on 12/31/2013Arrived @ just before 9pm reservation New Year's Eve. No one at the desk to seat us for several minutes. Not really crowded. About 10:45 decided to leave .... still did not have the main course and still 2 tables of 10 "upstairs" ahead of the two of us!!!! The kitchen could not handle a less-than-full-house!!!!!! Too bad .... it was our first time there!
- Rail House is on Track!FOODIECHER1VIPDined on 12/28/2013Food was very good. Loved the crusted salmon. Service was excellent thanks to our server Dustin-well done! The trains passed by, that was an added treat. The place has a cozy feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tried it onceTriedItOnceDined on 12/26/2013Wanting to eat near West Chester, went to the Rail House because Jags wasn't open the day after Christmas, should have gone to Pappadeaux instead. The previous iteration of Rail House (the Iron Horse) had some nice web reviews and fresh food including mesclun salad, in-house baked bread; this is not that restaurant. They only had the upstairs restaurant open. One large room, very echo-y, bare windows, too noisy to hear conversation. 4 people, $200. Overpriced for the quality of food. Not one of the 4 of us said the main meal was good. Lobster mac and cheese was truly awful, a regular mac and cheese with a small overcooked lobster tail (in its shell) placed on top. Salmon, recommended by waiter, wasn't very flavorful. We won't return.
- We were there on ChristmasouttoeatVIPDined on 12/25/2013We were there on Christmas Evening, so they were short on wait staff. We have no complaints. Just glad they were open, so we could have dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.