Raga Restaurant Lounge & Bar
7559 West Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
Raga Restaurant Lounge & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ragarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 407-985-2900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do offer catering, for any size party.
- Private Party Facilities: Raga offers three private dining areas, with seating from 15 to 250 guests. All rooms are private, have the ability for presentations with screens, mic and full sound available.
- Private Party Contact: John Pereira 4079852900x
- Entertainment: Raga will offer Indian inspired music, as well as Jazz and other World Class music.
- Special Events:
A word from Raga Restaurant Lounge & Bar
The Myriad of tales related to the Indian subcontinent is a Kaleidoscope of mystical and sublime colors. A trip to the Countryside is mesmerizing, as it encompassed the flatlands of the Deccan plateaus to the soaring heights of the Himalayas. The geography is as diverse as the people who inhabit the land. Different historical influences,that span centuries,have brought forth an exuberance that is deeply enriched by the interplay of cultural presentations. All of our dishes are prepared using only the finest ingredients, Olive Oils, fresh herbs and spices and contain no artificial flavorings or preservatives. Our gold medal, award-wining Executive Chef Dominic Sarkar exemplifies Raga"s passion for the best by preparing our menu's culinary delights. Having Trained in India,Chef Sarkar has held prestigious positions spanning a 26-year career around the globe-from Dubai to Bahrain, the UAE and the to California. We offer our guests his inspiration, of Gulf Indian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Raga Restaurant Lounge & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (3)good for groups (2)scenic view (2)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Poor ServiceDiner100001Dined on 7/9/2014There was only 1 server for a party of 16, and the food took 2 hours to come. Head manager was rude and refused to admit mistakes.
- DisappointingWWD2014Dined on 7/9/2014Beautiful restaurant located upstairs in Dr. Phillips Sand Lake area. Food was ok although two dishes ordered mild came out way too spicy and had to be sent back. Server seemed disconnected and preoccupied even though we were the only costumers. Did not apologize when order was wrong. Slow and had a very difficult time splitting the check. Surely we were not the first people to have a check split up. I can't recommend this place when there are so many other good places to eat in that area.
- Great food in an upscale atmospherebvanklinkDined on 6/14/2014We had dinner at 7:00 on a Saturday and the place was quiet, but it doesn't deserve to be so. The food was great and the staff were very attentive. The atmosphere and seating is very upscale and not at all like the Indian restaurants we are used to. We had samosas, tikka masala, vindaloo, naan and rice and all were as good as we have had anywhere else. We live in Orlando and are sure to be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodJai4Dined on 6/10/2014We ordered the Baigan bharta and it was terrible .Special Features:
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014This was our second visit to Raaga. Food was great just as in the past. We made reservation for 9 people and our table was ready when we got to the restaurant. Good service and great ambience......Special Features:
- Great Indian Spot!Jmm1984Dined on 4/12/2014Been to Raga several times over the years. Was super quiet and slow. Weren't sure why. Good and service were just as good when we were there and it was packed! Strongly recommend Raga!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a wonderful experience..wondDivuDined on 4/5/2014It was a wonderful experience..wonderful staff, good music and delicious food..made our experience special..would love if they restart their lunch soon..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceAP412014Dined on 3/23/2014A meal that should have taken about an hour took nearly 3 hours. One server for the whole restaurant, the poor guy was literally running through the restaurant back and forth to the kitchen. There was a manager present but did little to help the server. 20 minutes for a refill of rice, by the time it came out food was cold. 30 minutes for a glass of ice-tea and 40 minutes to get our checks and cash out. One of our meals came out incorrect, notified the server and he told us he would send over the manager, manager never showed. We were never offered dessert and had to repeatedly ask for our to-go boxes. I cannot believe a restaurant is run like this, absolutely the poorest management I have ever seen.
- Has gone downhill!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/28/2014When it first opened, it was amazing with great service and food. I am not sure if there is a new owner or management but this second experience was horrid. When we arrived at the restaurant (Fri night at 730 pm) the restaurant was empty. We waited 10 min before anyone appeared at the host stand. We were then seated and no one came back to take drink orders or give water. I got up to go find someone. Drinks were placed and anonther 15 min goes by and finally the drinks come. I ordered wine and the glass was only quarter filled for $14. I told them that is a small pour and they just laughed and walked away. We then ordered some appetizers. 20 min later, nothing. We got the bill and didn't stay for dinner. STAY CLEAR of this restaurant!
- Avoid this placeOrlandoVisitorVIPDined on 2/15/2014Avoid this place. Food was mediocre and service was a disaster. What was spent on decor should have been spent on hiring and training staff. We waited almost an hour for the wrong order from a server who didn't understand the description in their own menu and why the order was wrong until a manager was called. Which turned into an hour and a half to get the correct order, that was not very good in the first place. All while being 3/4 empty. Definitely avoid this place.
- DisappointedSatnitedinnerDined on 2/15/2014We have visited this restaurant before and had a better experience. The latest visit was very disappointing. The service was horrible. The place was short-staffed and it seemed the waitress was very new. She was running around like a chicken w it's head cut off. Her manager was publicly yelling at her. They never came back to check on us. Food was just ok this time. Ended up having some food packed to take home and when we got home, we noticed that they had not packed everything! Overall disappointing experience.
- This place is awful !!NavinDined on 2/14/2014We went there on valentine's day. Took about 30 mins for them to get seated, and no exaggeration 30 mins to get a glass of water and that too after asking for it a couple of times. We were not asked if we needed anything else besides water.. No wait staff showed up at the table and I had to talk to the manager and he sent someone. We were hoping the food will be worth the 1 hour, but was less than mediocre at best and overpriced. They still use the same chef's name they started the restaurant with when the food and service was excellent. I don't plan to go back there ever again.
- Excellent Food, Lackluster ServiceSoCloseDined on 2/14/2014We went to Raga for Valentine's. The reviews were spot on. Amazing food, so-so service. We ordered samosas to start and they were the best we'd ever eaten. The spices in them were superb. We ordered 3 entrees to split to taste more of the menu. We ordered chicken tikka masala, lamb meatballs and bone-in goat vindaloo. Also some garlic naan to augment the choices. We cleaned our plates. The service was lackluster. I asked for a soda 3x before it came. We ordered a cake to go. It took 20 minutes to put cake in a box. We heard the waitress ask for it at least 3x and watched the cooks ignore her. When we left we were angry, ruining the great experience. However, we would definitely go back with lower expectations for the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night dinnersunshineDined on 1/26/2014The food was very good but the service was ok. The waiter was not very informed about the food and although he tried hard he just wasn't very knowledgeable about the food. He was slow in getting the food to us also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and UniqueOrlandoGoodStuffDined on 1/18/2014This was a great experience! I have to say that they did not have the first dishes we ordered, which was a bit odd for Saturday night. However, our excellent waiter made some wonderful suggestions and we were very happy with our meals. The ambiance was amazing and not what you would expect for the second story of this particular building. This is the PERFECT date night. Oh the Naan cannot be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Indian foodWannalikeitVIPDined on 12/28/2013We thoroughly enjoyed all the food we ordered. The atmosphere is lovely, a very good remodel from the prior tenant. The big miss was service. We had 2 servers who were both polite and nice. One was very unknowledgeable about the food which should never happen. In spite of that we enjoyed our experience and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiencedenhashDined on 12/26/2013Really liked the dining experience here. It was fairly quiet when we went. Although we had reserved, we didn't really need it. The ambience was great. The waiter was polite, although service was a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beauti-FullnemathecatDined on 12/15/2013We visited Raga early on a Sunday evening, so it was quiet overall (could easily be quite lively on a Friday night). Food was outstanding. Even the chef asked if everything was ok. The decor is quite spectacular; very vibrant and interesting. Great spot to eat in Orlando; we will return as soon as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedTSVaDined on 12/14/2013I've ate here before several times, however this time i was very disappointed. Not enough staff to attend to the guests. Our waiter was also the bartender, which you can imagine, slowed down our service tremendously. We were not able to order certain things from the menu because they did not have a cook to make some of those things. No coffee- what place doesn't have that??? The food quality was much lower than what ive had in the past. Not worth the high prices. Beautiful place, but service and food needs improvement
- new restaurant to get Indian foodLaraflDined on 12/14/2013was one of the best Indian restaurants I have eaten in. service was wonderful, food was great. would go back there anytime I wanted good food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick glancebadshaheghulamDined on 11/28/2013Service and ambiance were good...food presentation was also very good...food quality was marginal...kachori appetizer was too hard, inedible and filled with potatoes (like a samosa),,,ragda pattis was moderately good...bhindi could have been more flavorful...all food needs a bit more flavor and spice (not necesssarily hot)...overall fine dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very good. The waitressNeilCDined on 10/18/2013Food is very good. The waitress was very friendly and attentive but appeared to have had zero training. The restaurant was very quiet so there was no atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Raga what?"MeezakDined on 10/12/2013Food lacks any flavor for indian restaurant. The awesome waiter tried do hard to make up for the terrible food
- Food quality has seriously worsenedGrasshopperVIPDined on 9/20/2013We have been here numerous time. Tandoori chicken was not as flavorful, yogurt was very liquidy, biryani was not made with same type of rice, and naan was not filled with stuff like it used to be. Told the waiter about the yogurt, he agreed, shrugged his shoulder, and just put it back on our table. Won't be coming back here!
- Grea findOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/18/2013I love Indian food but have a hard time finding a nice restaurant to enjoy authentic Indian. If your looking for a nice , higher end experience to enjoy Indian this is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAndyDined on 9/18/2013Server was very friendly and food was amazing...A+++++++Special Features:
- The food was good, but theKatieDined on 9/15/2013The food was good, but the portions were quite small considering the prices.
- Disappointingnotme2Dined on 8/28/2013Made reservation but it was obvious that none was needed as only 4 people there at 1PM. There was no tandoori chicken on the buffet. No non either and none was offered. Kheer was refilled just in time for my dessert but there were no bowls. How does one eat Kheer off a bread plate? Saw the review in the Orlando Sentenial when Raja first opened and could not make a reservation August...full? computer down?...no reservation necessary now....no customers!
- Great Restaurant/Good FoodLoveitDined on 8/17/2013This was our first visit and loved it immensely. Will be back again. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality has changed.MonchDined on 7/29/2013They have acquired a new chef and although the food is still good, the quality is not as superb as before. Will still give it another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All our meals were spicier/hotterchelseagirlVIPDined on 7/19/2013All our meals were spicier/hotter than we usually order If you visit ask for milder than normal Children's although ordered very mild were still too hot! Will probably not return
- Something changedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013I've Been to this restaurant quite a few times but something changed in the kitchen since the last time I visited. Everything we ordered was cooked differently; and. Not necessarily better! The sauces were watery, the rice dish was mall color and not tasty, even the soft drink was flat. Very disappointed in one of my favorite places.I would recommend this to a friend.
- inconsistantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2013the crab salad was awful, all salt, no crab. Vegetables were cold. Fish was good, shrimp were not
- Sunday buffetMARTYVIPDined on 6/16/2013The Sunday brunch was very good but not at the same high-level of the a la carte dinners that are available most evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, great serviceagvand26Dined on 5/26/2013We had a very nice romantic dinner at Raga. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. There were only two downsides to our meal: 1 - The music was way too loud. It was also cheesy love songs, which are not my favorite. 2 - The restaurant was out of a couple items I asked for. I was excited to try an item off of the chef's "Fusion Menu," and was told it was only available on weekdays, which I found strange. You would think their special menu would only be available on weekends instead! Overall we had a lovely meal and a really excellent server. We will return the next time we are in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the 2nd time i wentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/27/2013This is the 2nd time i went to Raga. The quality of food has dropped.. they do need a new chef or need step it up.. The ambiance is good.Special Features:
- Very nice meal...waiter wasRKCouchVIPDined on 4/3/2013Very nice meal...waiter was a bit weak on skill and knowledge, but we, as well as our guests are picky Indian food eaters, and enjoyed Raga very much. We were a bit early so enjoyed a drink in the bar with at tentative staff. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- The food was amazing and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013The food was amazing and the service (Jamilya)outstanding.The only down side was we had an obnoxious person sitting behind our table that was so loud we could not hear our own conversation.Special Features:
- Menu was interesting; notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2013Menu was interesting; not the same ole Indian food. Waiter, Milos, was fantastic and décor nice and new. Prices were in line with local restaurants in area.Special Features:
- Truly Indian Cuisine experience..!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013I was looking for a special place to take my fiance for a nice dinner on her birthday. We were never at a Indian restaurant before and Raga was a very nice choise after reading comments and recommendations online. It was truly a nice experience.Special Features: