29 Seventh Ave. South
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rafele.com/
- Phone: 2122421999
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Lunch :Monday -Friday :12pm - 3:30 pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 12pm - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Raffaele Ronca
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant directly for catering options.
- Cross Street: Morton st,
- Public Transit: The nearest subway stations are:
West4 on 6th ave where A,C,E,D,B,F,M trains are available and Christopher st station where number 1 train is available.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is also a public lot, corner of Morton st and 7th ave south
A word from Rafele
We are committed to offering fresh ingredients coupled with the most authentic Italian foods and wine available.Continued
We work closely with our farmers, markets, vendors and purveyors to bring you the highest quality of rustic Italian recipes created with a New York influence.
We work closely with our farmers, markets, vendors and purveyors to bring you the highest quality of rustic Italian recipes created with a New York influence.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rafele reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (111)fit for foodies (99)great for outdoor dining (80)good for groups (62)romantic (60)special occasion (55)notable wine list (38)great for brunch (25)great for lunch (25)hot spot (25)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (13)scenic view (8)Show More
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014First time went there . It was nice experience ! Meatball was awesome and pasta was delicious as well. Nice service ! My sister is vegan , she said Vegan food taste Soso . Nothing special . I loveeee my food though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LSalmansonDined on 8/24/2014Food was just ok, nothing special, and had hair in my dish. Service was really slow (kind, but really really slow).
- Outstanding serviceVet270Dined on 8/23/2014The service was great and the food is excellent. The wait staff goes out of their way to be attentive. The bread and eggplant is different and tasty. Highly recommend the pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minutemissmelodyDined on 8/22/2014We were lucky to get these last minute reservations and crossed our fingers hoping it would be a good experience and we loved it!Special Features:
- Good placeEdwinDined on 8/20/2014The food taste is very good, nice place, friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MARCODined on 8/18/2014Davvero un bel ristorante, bellissimo locale e ottimo cibo, buon rapporto qualita' prezzo del ciboSpecial Features:
- mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/18/2014The food was just okay, the service was pretty bad. 2 hours for a meal for two people on a monday night.
- Vegan and Gluten-freeTheaterloverVIPDined on 8/18/2014From the outside, Rafele does not look like much. However, looks can be deceiving. Their food is very fresh and tasty. Most importantly, they have a special menu for vegans and people with gluten-allergies. And when my husband and I decided to split a salad and an entree, they split the meals and brought us our portion on separate plates. You can eat outside, like we did, but the subway does run right underneath 7th Avenue so you will have some noise. They also let me send back a wine and replace it with another one. Good service and good food means we'll be back.Special Features:
- Ottomo livelloFabioDined on 8/17/2014Dopo diversi giorni im Usa abbiamo finalmente ritrovato i sapori di casa ItaliaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous Italian foodCarolineFineDineDined on 8/17/2014I had one of the specials - it was Pappardelle with mushrooms and truffles and it was absolutely delicious. My only regret - that I hadn't eaten so much for my starter and main that I had no room for dessert. Would definitely come back here. Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, easy to get to.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Rafele is a great find, truly authentic Italian food. Our experience was quite pleasant. Service was very good, our server was knowledgeable and very attentive. Portions were generous and prices were fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable experiencespanishinnycDined on 8/16/2014Perfect place for special occasion. Very friendly personel, from the manager to the all weiters. Excellent food, quiet ambiance, affordable price. Central location. Feeling like at home. Looking forward to coming back soon.Special Features:
- Our dinner at RafeleJameslucyDined on 8/15/2014Rafele's is simple outstanding. It's location in the West Village is perfect. Vibrant resturant reflecting the vibrant area. Food to die for. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local find!JeffVIPDined on 8/13/2014This was our second visit and it was even better than the first. Grilled octopus app was great, as was the seafood pasta. Mushroom dish equally delish! Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average but unprofessionalKasperVIPDined on 8/8/2014Sit at the long table in front of the open kitchen and watch the salad chef swig down a beer while as he makes your appetizer while the the Maitre d' and other front-of-house management take turns running to the bread cabinet, grabbing rolls with their bare hands and shoving them down their throats as they try to obscure themselves behind some of the indoor foliage. By the time you get tired of this, someone may be by to take your order. Food was fine; pasta was average and heavy; octopus was much better. But it's a shame this place ranks up the top of Open Table. Says a lot about the ranking system and who may be manipulating it.Special Features:
- Authentic Amazing Italian FoodNYCMDEATSDined on 8/7/2014Tonight my husband and I had the pleasure of dinning at Rafele's restaurant and have been delighted by our experience. The food is by far the most amazing Italian food we have ever eaten. We have traveled to Italy numerous times and both my husband and I always compare the food and have come to the conclusion that we enjoy the food at Rafele's much more. The taste is always right, the atmosphere is perfect and the staff is superb! This is a place where the chef takes pride in his cooking. It's an art to him. How can you not love that combination? The pizza is out of this world, the fish, the pasta anything on the menu is a sure hit! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic & Exquisite dinnerIoamoItaliaDined on 8/5/2014I had my 50th birthday dinner here, all the way from Sydney! It was a fabulous experience as the food was divine - the Calamari was like no Calamari I had ever tasted, it was soft and infused with herbs and melted in the mouth, the fish was also herb infused and delicious. The waiters were very attentive and charming and when they heard it was my birthday they brought out a delicious chocolate mousse came on the house and made a big fuss!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/4/2014Such a shame-been a few times&whilst previously good,the last visit was disappointing.To start the MaitreD looked almost irritated to see us.We were then clearly sat between areas,as it took15mins to be acknowledged&be given menus.The food was good,but my friend ordered the scallops&was only told as the rest of our table's entrees arrived,that they had mixed up orders&had now run out of scallops-how did they not realise this earlier?They said they would make her the fish instead,which she accepted but had to wait15mins while the rest of us started.For dessert,we asked for the cheesecake&were told they had sold out.We declined other options but3mins later a plate of cheesecake arrived which were was complimentary.Nice gesture,but confusing!
- Gem in Greenwich VillagecaseyDined on 8/3/2014Chef's tasting menu was a 4 course wonder and reasonably priced at $45/person. We never felt rushed and the staff were genuinely friendly and attentive to our needs throughout the meal. Gluten free pasta was served with lobster and octopus, delicately flavoured with fresh ingredients. On the same plate, ricotta stuffed ravioli were topped with a simple tomato sauce, garnished with a basil leaf. This was followed by an entree of juicy, tender pork chop with sautéed snap peas and a melange of sautéed cauliflower sweetened with currants and fresh herbs. The rustic ambience was created with dim lighting, pots of herbs on side tables and the warmth of wood and bricks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous find!GailDined on 8/2/2014Dinner was excellent. Great food, great service and great atmosphere. Definitely a must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service excellentbabyashVIPDined on 7/26/2014the service was excellent and very accommodating. food was typical for an italian restaurant. it was delicious but not creative. very typical but good.
- BrilliantThebestItalianNo1Dined on 7/25/2014This was our first visit and the quality of the food was outstanding. Service was friendly and informative and the setting inside, where we sat, was welcoming and attractive. We came on our second night of a 5 night stay and decided to book again for our last. The food, we had mainly seafood and fish dishes, is top class and the highlight of Rafele's. What more can I say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NYC restaurantAerinDined on 7/25/2014Everything we ordered was excellent, from the artichoke fritto to the pasta specials & my husband had the pasta with lamb Ragu-awesome! And for dessert, get the chocolate mousse, it will change your life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gene and DebOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014Amazing find. We were fortunate enough to find this restaurant during a food tour that we enjoyed. At each restaurant we stopped at, we were treated to some specialty item. When we stopped at Rafele's, we were treated to an eggplant appetizer, and it was amazing. Chef Rafele came out and chatted with all of us and mentioned that it was just "something simple". We then decided that we were going back. We had dinner there the following night and it was awesome. I had the Pesto Parppeadelle Pasta and my wife had a simple Ravioli creation that Chef said he had just made up that day. It was one of my favorite Italian dinners of all time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something Different for a ChangeMrCPWVIPDined on 7/23/2014With so many Italian restaurants in NYC it is hard to find new menu items. Rafele offers that difference. Look at the menu and try one of their unique dishes. Such as the crispy artichokes, or cheese cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly authentic ItalianRebeccaDined on 7/20/2014My husband and I had one of the most amazing Italian meals at Rafele's Ristorante. From the hostess to the bartender to the server, everyone was Italian and very committed to the quality of the food and service. I ordered all recommendations by our server, and they were fantastic. The best was that this amazing food was actually affordable. I will go back whenever I can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!UWSdadVIPDined on 7/19/2014We tried Rafele for the first time and couldn't be happier. We went early on a Saturday evening, so it was not crowded at all. While we say inside, there is a large outdoor eating area on 7th Ave. Tables are spaced well apart, so it is very comfortable, and the room is very nice. Our server was friendly and very helpful. And the food was great! We had some of the appetizer specials (artichoke was very good) and we really enjoyed the pastas (one special pesto dish and the mushroom dish on the menu). Our friend had a fish, which looked great as well. A very pleasant surprise was the chocolate pudding dessert - definitely not something that came out of a box! Prices are also reasonable. We'd definitely go back!
- Savory on 7th Ave!SilvagrlDined on 7/17/2014They take pride in their food and it definitely shows both in presentation and flavor. They know what their doing in the kitchen and the service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsGLLEDined on 7/17/2014The food is always wonderful as is the service. On this trip, while I did not recognize any of the waiters or the hostess, everyone was as warm and welcoming as always. The ambiance is very Italian and as in Italy, you are never neglected or rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mcttVIPDined on 7/16/2014There were only two tables their and service/food expedition was extremely slow. Some diners received all their entrees while others had to wait an additional 10-15 min for theirs.Special Features:
- Muito bom!TTrefiglioDined on 7/13/2014Local muito agradável e com ótimo atendimento. Não tinham risotto no cardápio mas mesmo assim fizeram e saímos muito satisfeitos. Comida ótima e sobremesas também. Não é a toa que é o número 7 do tripadvisor.Special Features:
- Great value for moneymgarcia2Dined on 7/12/2014Excellent value for money! Great service and good food. Nice place in NYSpecial Features:
- INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!dineroftheyearVIPDined on 7/12/2014We spent 4 days in NYC & this was our FAVORITE meal!!!! We ate at the chef's table & let the owner, who attended to our every need, surprise us with the chef's tasting menu...it was FANTASTIC!!! Ambience, food, service, wine could NOT have been better! This was one of our favorite meals ever, ANYWHERE!!!! They are in the top 10 in NYC for 12,000 rated restaurants for a reason!! DO NOT MISS RAFELE!!! They will not disappoint!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic find!PattyAVIPDined on 7/12/2014What a great restaurant! We dined here on Saturday night. Staff so attentive and friendly, and did not rush us. Even though tables are close together, you do not feel cramped. Every bite of food was superb! Ingredients were so fresh and each of our dishes cooked to perfection. We had the seafood pasta and the linguine bolognese, plus several tomato salads. Tried 3 different desserts and each was better than the next. The cheesecake in particular was outstanding. We will definitely go back again and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Highlight of the tripBluejayDined on 7/11/2014This was one of the restaurants we tried on a weekend trip to the city and it was by far the best. Everything from the appetizers to the entrees to the desserts was very well made and the service was friendly. knowledgeable and attentive. I will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Fun AtmosphereChiefDined on 7/11/2014The restaurant vibe was fun and the food was really good. Tried this place, because of the good reviews I read on-line. I have to say, it did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/7/2014Everything was excellent. The food was delicious and authentic, the wine was perfect, and the service was excellent. Really a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Italian in lower ManhattenJohnDined on 7/6/2014We (my wife, my son, and I) had dinner at Rafele, and it was extremely good. Nice location in Greenwich Village - good outdoor seating. Menu is varied and well done. Appetizer of zucchini flowers was as good as similar dishes we had in Italy. Entrees (gnocchi, pasta Amatriciana, pasta with mushrooms) were extremely well done and fresh. Wine menu is nice. Service good, though not great. An excellent find, and good for the money as well.Special Features:
- Great Meal in the VillagejohnpghDined on 7/4/2014Tremendous meal right in the Village. Brought my two boys, age 16 and 11 and they loved it. Great experience and affordable.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemStevenDined on 7/2/2014It's certainly worth a visit, food is excellent and prices aren't outrageous. Pasta's are cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.