32 West Main Street
Westminster, MD 21157Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rafaelsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (410) 840-1919
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm
Friday: 11:00am - 10:30pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar open until 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Rafael's Restaurant
Welcome to Rafael's Restaurant in Historic downtown Westminster, Maryland - a unique casual dining experience in a charming romantic atmosphere. Rafael's great menu is available for lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The full menu is available for dining in, carry out or enjoying on the large deck in the back of the restaurant. Lunch delivery is now available in the local Westminster area between the hours of 11:30am - 3:00pm. Make sure to print a copy of our menu for your office and let us bring your lunch to you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rafael's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Not happy; may not return;frankDined on 9/20/2014Went on a Saturday night. Extremely busy; not enough waitress help; food was not good and service was worse; waitress couldn't get the correct billing for 2 checks and 2 credit cards; my friend got charged 3 times; very disappointedSpecial Features:
- DisappointedLizzy100Dined on 8/27/2014Made reservations for 4 people (2 adults and 2 children) and were seated in the bar area. The service was very slow. We waited 10 minutes before the waitress came to table. The appetizer took about 30 minutes to come out. Then we waited another 30 minutes before our main course arrived. By that time, we had to leave and asked server to wrap up our food. Very disappointed because I had been to Rafael's one other time and had a better experience in the dining room.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014Reserved ahead to eat outside but they let us down. Restaurant is good local spot for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 29 reviews are from the Rafael's Restaurant reviews archive.
- DoodyvillaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014The burgers are great on half price burger nite, but they told us they they were busy and weren't sure they could feed us. It was 6:30 and we had reservations. The food was great, it's just a shame they can't run their kitchen any better.Special Features:
- LadybugDined on 6/23/2014Our waiter was new but should have been instructed a little better on standard service. He did not know the menu items or the discounts on Monday for food as well as wine. In our party of six - 5 were served their meals and the other was forgotten until we called it to the waiters attention. Overall we were happy with the food.Special Features:
- More than acceptable.Lvn4GodDined on 5/17/2014The food was not superb, but wasn't expected. It was suiting of the atmosphere. A definite recommendation. The servers were pleasantly accommodating. We ate on the deck, it was just perfect for my occasion. Certainly casual, worth it to try and maybe do a regiment of dining if in the area.Special Features:
- GrillMarXFANVIPDined on 4/29/2014My first experience at Rafeal's. I can't wait till my next visit. The best burger in the WORLD!!!! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at Rafael'sDougieDined on 4/7/2014Went on Monday night, Restaurant was very busy glad we had reservations. Service was very poor only 2 server's on duty for entire dining room and they were having trouble keeping up. We had to get hostess to get us drinks and have someone take our order. Server was unable to tell us details of the menu offerings. Was also disappointed that regular Monday night promotions were not in effect because of Restaurant week.I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxing dinner at Rafael'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2014This was our first visit to Rafael's and we enjoyed our meal immensely. Neither of us eat out a lot, but we all enjoy good food. Rafael's offers great menu options in a relaxed setting. We were well taken care of by our server. We will come back for brunch next. We hear it is outstanding.Special Features:
- Awesome!CrzyCatLdyDined on 3/28/2014I used to always get the Mozzarella Triangles from Remomo's. When they went out of business I was on the search for a replacement. I found this place after trying countless other places. I was hesitant just because it's about an hour from where I live. But I'm so glad I tried it! These are the closest I have found and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Not to mention, all the other food I have tried there is amazing. At this last visit I had the Filet with the snap peas and potatoes. I don't even like snap peas but these ones are great. And I usually don't like steak at restaurants (I like the way I make it). This steak is great. The prices here are very reasonable too. I've also had the carrot cake and the chocolate cake. Mmm!Special Features:
- First Visitallabout2foodDined on 3/7/2014This was our first visit. Enjoyed mozzarella triangles and wings as 1/2 price happy hour appitizers. Crab Dip Pizza was excellent. Another in our group felt the beef tip meal was delicious. Dining room was alittle tight but pleasant atmosphere. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday 1/2 price burgersDougieDined on 2/25/2014Great handmade 8 oz burgers with all the fixin's 1/2 price on TuesdaysSpecial Features:
- Busy Saturday night. SeatedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/8/2014Busy Saturday night. Seated in the bar area because dining room was full. Good food and service but too loud for conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable dining experiencenocooking2niteDined on 1/31/2014Delicious food and great service made for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurable dexperienceDebDVIPDined on 12/6/2013I have dined here several times. Nice variety on the menu, friendly staff, generally good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local restaurantLocalFarmerDined on 10/27/2013Probably the best local restaurant for casual dining with a consistently good American menu. Bar-side dining can be a little noisy but there is a quiet separate dining room if preferred.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisasterArgeDined on 10/9/2013This was a special evening and turned out a disaster. The waiter was very pleasant. When the main course was served the plate was cold as was the food. We mentioned this to the waiter and he took the plates back to the kitchen and heated the food in a microwave wbich changes the appearance of the meat as well as the quality. This should never be done. Instead the plate should stay in front of the diner and a fresh order should be brought to the table and the first one then removed. I will never go back to the restaurant and will never recommend it to my friends. I did call the restaurant but the owner was never available. I spoke with an employee but got no satisfaction
- good experienceburgerDined on 10/8/2013Burger night is great the food is good and the service is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new go-to placeoliveDined on 10/5/2013What a great place to unwind and be spoiled. There are no worries here...they'll serve you well, they'll make delicious food, they'll give you great drinks. I hope it never changes because we need a place we can count on to be taken care of these days. Rafael's is a neighborhood treasure...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should not be on Open TableHarvDined on 8/27/2013We booked our reservation through Open Table several hours in advance of the reservation time. When we arrived, the host had no record of our reservation. When we mentioned Open Table, the host did not know what Open Table is. The host did not have a table available for us. He told us that there were problems in the kitchen, and that it would be a while before a table would be available. We left and went to a chain restaurant where we knew the service is dependable and the kitchen reliable.
- Fun TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2013My second visit to Rafael's. Both times the food was great. Salmon grilled to perfection. My friend ordered one of the specials both times and was very pleased. Wine selection was small but nice choices and very reasonable. I love that for a nice casual evening. It was not crowded the last time and our waiter could have been more attentive. We had to ask for water several times. He didn't check back with us after the food was served. He was nice, though. Maybe new to waiting?? We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our new favorites!TaraDined on 7/26/2013What a great little surprise this restaurant was! We sat on the patio & listened to live music while we overlooked the river. It was just my husband & I & we were there for four hours! We were encouraged to take our time as we dined on the most excellent food & yummy drinks! Dessert was delicious as well. We will definitely be adding Char's to our list of favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proven winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2013Rafael's of Westminster has proven them selves to me as being a great place for lunch or dinner. The burgers are THE best around, no contest. I have sampled everything on their menu and have not been disappointed. The dinner menu is limited, but it is done to absolute perfection. The bar is lively, friendly and has a good selection of beer, wine and spirits. There is an outside area that is great for eating or just hanging out. I would and have recommended Rafael's of Westminster to anyone for an outstanding lunch (quick too) or dinner for any occasion. P.S. Love the half price burger Tuesday's!!!!!Special Features:
- We always enjoyed Rafael'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013We always enjoyed Rafael's in the past..however this time was different.We had reserved a table for three for my son's birthday dinner, but no one told us that the dining room was reserved for a group! So we had to sit in the VERY noisy boisterous bar where it was extremely difficult to hold a conversation... TV's all around...We had to ask for silverware and napkin, not enough were provided. We asked for lemons and none were brought til reminded. The portions were much smaller than in the past...very skimpy on the portabello mushrooms. Disappointing experience. Will look for another place to go next time.
- Was very disappointed in ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013Was very disappointed in our experience. We made reservations in advance and still was seated in the bar. If we had wanted to eat in the bar we would have walked in. Also he food was poorly prepared. The potatoes where burned. Also we felt the prices where way out of line.
- Nice menu selection, goodDebDVIPDined on 2/9/2013Nice menu selection, good food, service was very good.
- We had a great time. MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013We had a great time. More people came then expected and were easily accommodated. The waiter was very friendly and was attentive to our table even when new people arrived and we all ordered at different times.Special Features:
- I have eaten at Rafaels severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012I have eaten at Rafaels several times and have never been disappointed. My family is very happy with our last experience.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant, I willOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012Very nice restaurant, I will definatelly go back! We were only 5 minutes into the appetizer when the entree's came out. That's a no no... Other than that it was wonderful!
- Great afterwork spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012Excellent spot for family or work gathering. Relaxed atmosphere and great friendly service.Special Features:
- We were only in the diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012We were only in the dining room, not the bar area which seemed fine and lively. Although the servings were plentiful the food was bland and disappointing. Ambience of dining room was cafeteria-like. Waiter was very attentive.
- We'll go backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Nice spot tucked away in Westminster. It's really two establishments: a loud bar/pickup joint on one side, and a serene, lovely, brick walled --and quiet -- restaurant. We chose quiet.They had a special (chili shrimp) that a diner was raving about to our (excellent) waitress. My lady went with that, while I chose the simplest pizza.The special was awesome; the pizza? Not so much.We'll definitely go back. The quiet, simple restaurant was romantic (without being cloying), and the action in the bar (which we never heard) still gave the place some nice energy.Enjoy!